The Visit

Rejected Mate

Author's POV
              Minji wore her thick white coat and then she grabbed her purse.

Today is the day that she will be meeting myungsoo and she can't help but to feel nervous.

Another thing that is adding up to her anxiety is that she will be spending a day with her mate.

She already forgived Kai so she shouldn't feel wary anymore, but after she knew his feelings for her, she can't help but to feel more awkward than ever.

Especially after their little accident intimacy yesterday.

She went out of her room, ready to meet Kai and go to Myungsoo's cell.

A soft knock was heard from her front door.

She expected it to be Kai but that thought only lasted for three seconds after she picked up Luhan's scent.

She had thought about it last night and she could not stay mad at Luhan.

Of course she's disappointed with the way he acted yesterday, but she had no right to push him in doing what he doesn't want to do.

She slowly opened the door and she saw Luhan with a sad smile.

With the looks of it, he seems regretful with what happened yesterday.

"I'm really sorry about yesterday Minji. I didn't mean to anger and disappoint you. It's just...*sigh*...no I just want to say I'm really sorry." Luhan said with pleading eyes.

Minji smiled and gave Luhan an assuring hug that she is no longer mad at him.

"You're forgiven. And I'm sorry for over reacting." Minji said.

Luhan sighed in relief and then he said "thanks Minji....I don't mind going with you to visit myungsoo. Are you going now? Let's go?"

Minji bit her lips, what she is about to say next could hurt Luhan.

"I...already made plans with someone to go with me to the jail house. I thought you didn't want so someone offered to go with me." Minji nervously said.

She didn't know how to say Kai-will-accompany-me-today to Luhan.

Luhan quizzically looked at her "Who? Is it Luna? Sulli?"

"No it's me." A voice said from behind.

Minji suddenly picked up Kai's smell and she saw him standing not too far behind Luhan.

"You're...going with Kai?" Luhan looked devastated.

Minji slowly nodded. She felt bad for Luhan.

Minji looked at Luhan and a strong sting hit her after seeing his disappointed face.

"But...you can go with us if you like." Minji tried to ease the blow.

Luhan shook his head and he faced Minji with an assuring smile.

"Enjoy your day princess. I'll be at home when you need me. Love you." Luhan kissed Minji's nose and he went out of her house with a heavy heart.

Truthfully he didn't want to leave Minji with Kai, but if he wants the day to finish without breaking Kai's nose, it is best if he backs off.

He is honestly scared that Minji's bond with Kai might strengthen as they spend the day together.

Right now all he can do is pray that Minji will stay true to her words when she said that she loves him.

Minji sighed, she can't help but to feel immensely guilty.

She knew how hard it is for Luhan to accept the truth that his girlfriend just asked her mate to go with her to the jail house.

She understood him, if she was on his shoes right now she'll turn insane and might even break some vases.

She felt an arm crawling across her shoulders and she saw Kai's arm wrapped around her.

"I'm sorry if he got pissed or something." Kai said.

Minji smiled and politely removed Kai's arm from her shoulders.

"No need to be sorry. It's just a normal reaction I guess." Minji said.

"Shall we go? I already informed the jail house and they agreed for us to have an hour of visiting time." Kai said.

"They have visiting hours? I though you could just barge in." Minji said.

Kai chuckled at Minji's cuteness "It's your first time going to a jail house isn't it?"

Minji nodded and Kai gave out a soft laugh.

"Well pretty lady, let me be your tour guide for today's trip to the jail house." Kai said with a tour guide accent.

Minji giggles and her cheek turned pink.

She didn't know Kai possesses this kind of humor.

                   They finally reached the jail house and Minji was amazed by its appearance.

It is pretty similar to the jail houses often found on movies and cartoons.

It is a big gray building surrounded by metal bar windows and guards are all over the place.

This facility is purely for the convicted wolves.

Most prisoners are rogues that tried to do crimes within the alliance's territory.

"I'm Kai beta of the Exo k pack and she is Minji, the beta of the river pack. We are here for a special visit." Kai said to one of the guards by the gate.

The guard looked at his list and once he found their names, he opened the gates and they entered tha facility.

They entered a special room which Minji assumed as the visiting room, the only place besides the office where visitors could go.

There is nothing inside but a square table and four seats surrounding it.

There are also two CCTV cameras and a glass window where there are officers watching.

Kai pulled out the seat for Minji like a true gentleman.

"Why would you want to visit myungsoo? Does he owe you something?" Kai asked.

"No, I just want to ask him what really happened. I'm not close to him at all but I want to help him. I...kinda... Know how it feels like to lose a ...mate so I don't want that to happen to him. If he dies then his mate will suffer." Minji said.

Kai felt guilty after Minji said how she knows the feeling of losing a mate.

It might be so hard that she is willing to help a wolf that she only met once.

"You didn't lose me though. I was always here, regretting with what I did to you." Kai said.

"I know that you regretted it, but the damage had already been done." Minji said.

Kai lowered his head in shame "I'm sorry again."

Minji hesitated to touch Kai's head, but she did it anyways.

His silky and smooth hair sent tingling sparks that started from his palm towards her entire body.

It wasn't uncomfortable though, it actually felt nice.

 They were both startled when the metallic door started to open and revealed myungsoo with two jail guards accompanying him.

He is wearing a ripped jeans and a white t-shirt with the number 1796 at the back.

Myungsoo was pushed down by one of the guards for him to sit in front of Kai and Minji.

"We will be watching from that glass window. If he tries to attack then we will electrecute him through his cuffs." One of the guards said before they leave.

Minji carefully looked at myungsoo and the feature that stood out is his dark eyebags.

It seems like he didn't get enough sleep these past few days.

"Myungsoo...I'm Minji. I'm sure you don't need this introduction since you al----"

"What do you want?" Myungsoo cut off Minji.

Minji sighed while Kai clenched his fist with anger due to Myungsoo's rudeness.

"I'm here to help you. Me and Kai are here to know the full details of what really happened to you and your mate." Minji said.

Myungsoo sighed and he bitterly said "Did they send you here? The alphas I mean. Do they want to extract the informations from me so that they can finally kill me?"

"No one sent us here. We came here all on our own. We want to help you get out of your death penalty." Minji said.

Myungsoo scoffed "Why should I believe you? I can't take the risk of leaking any information or else they'll kill me. I can't die when I know that Seulgi is in danger."

"There won't be any leakage of information. If you allow us to help you then maybe we could come up with something that could lessen your sentence. Trust me myungsoo....Seulgi will be devastated when you die and that is what I am aiming to prevent." Minji said.

"Why? I don't even know you that well and I know you don't know my mate as well. Why are you trying hard to help us?" 

Minji gave him a caring smile and said "I don't want any of you to experience what I had been through."

Minji looked at Kai who is hanging his head low and is preventing himself from tearing up.

She held his hand and gave it a light squeez to remind him that he is already forgiven.

Kai gave her a thankful smile and he squeezed her hand as well.

"I don't want you to lose your mate nor do I want for your mate lose you. I know that killing someone is indeed unforgivable, but I'm sure you had a decent reason." Minji said.

Myungsoo sighed, he didn't know Minji that well but it felt like he could open up to her.

"Can I really have your word when you said that you will help me? I will open up to you, but I am expecting a good result regarding my case after this." Myungsoo said.

Minji nodded "We will try to help you with the best of our abilities."

"What if the guards hear us? They could spread the news to the alphas." Myungsoo pointed t the guards who are attentively watching their every move.

"They can't hear us. I've been here a couple of times and I was also able to see through their equipments.  They can only see us though the CCTV but they can't hear us. There is a different room where in a button is pressed and then the outside guards can hear you, but I ensure you that it is not this room." Kai said.

Myungsoo nodded in understanding.

"Me and Seulgi were at the cliff, watching the sunset. We heard a gun fire so we quickly ran. We transformed to our wolf form, but half way through the forest we found ourselves in the middle of a thick white smoke, much like a fog. We quickly transformed back to our human selves without our knowledge."

"So your saying is that you were forced to transform back?" Kai said.

Myungsoo nodded and continued his story "Not only that but we became physically weak as well. It was like our muscles became tense and even standing up was a hard task. It completely disables me and Seulgi. When the fog started to clear....some....Uhm...showed up and there where lots of them."

"Myungsoo, who are they?" Minji curiously asked.

Myungsoo grew hesitant, should he tell them?

"Hunters....hunters and a lot of them." He said.

Kai and Minji's eyes widened with the thought of hunters going after their kind.

"One of them got Seulgi and attempted to her. Their leader used celestial silver on Seulgi to convince me in killing the alphas. I didn't want to do it at first but how my Seulgi screamed for help as that dangerous weapon made contact with her skin tore me apart. I was so desperate to save her that I said yes to them. I'm sorry if I betrayed the alliance but my mate will always be at the top of my priority. So you see, that's why I can't die yet. I need to ensure my mate's safety before they kill me." By that time myungsoo started to tear as the memories flashed bacback.

Minji pitied Myungsoo.

He didn't know what to do and his thoughts where covered with the idea of saving his mate.

He didn't kill on purpose, he was forced to.

"Thank you for opening up myungsoo. With those informations I think we could come up with something for you to get out of your sentence. First what I need to ask from you is to keep your mouth shut. Don't tell them any information about the hunters. I heard that they are just waiting for you to speak and then they'll kill you after extracting the informations from you. We need you alive until we could think of a plan to get you out of your penalty. Although, they already have a clue on who the kidnapper is and they suspect the hunters. Now, the only thing that we can hold on to is the white smoke and the celestial silver. They need these informations so that they could attack properly so make sure you will not say anything about it." Minji said.

Myungsoo smiled as hope suddenly appeared.

"Thank you so much."

                     Minji and Kai went out of the jail house after talking to Myungsoo.

"So what's your plan?" Kai asked.

"I still don't know, but I'm sure I'll come up with something." Minji said.

Kai chuckled as a thought came across his mind.

"So are we like playing detective wolf from now on?" Kai teased.

"We? You're going to help me?" Minji asked.

"Of course I will. I can't let you do this all on your own. You're my mate and I need to be by your side with everything that you do that involves danger."

At that moment, Minji was able to see Kai in a whole new light.

The wolf that she thought was a selfish play boy jerk could also be a kind hearted and caring mate.

"so can I entrust you with the information and you won't tell anyone with regards to what we did today?" Minji said as she held out her pinky.

Kai held out his pink and made a pink swear with Minji "I promise."

At that moment, Minji knew that she is still inlove with Kai and her love for him grew even more because of this day.

What worries her is that she also loves Luhan.

Can one heart be able to love two persons at the same time?