Loving You

Rejected Mate

Author's POV
           Minji never felt so scared and worried all at the same time.

Just a few minutes ago, Baekhyun called her telling her that Kai was shot and is in a critical condition.

Luhan offered to drive her towards the alliance hospital.

Once she arrived she immedielty saw all of the exo members there waiting for the result.

"What happened?" Minji's voice was shaking.

"I'm not really sure. We were playing video games in the clubhouse when his neck started to hurt really badly. Then he started to get angry and even threatened to kill someone. He dashed out of the clubhouse and ran somewhere. We tried to follow him but we lost track. We just found him lying on the forest with his stomach bleeding." Baekhyun explained.

The thought of Kai's unconscious body scared Minji.

She blamed herself for what happened to Kai.

If only she wasn't stupid anough and actually tried to stop Luhan from marking her then Kai would have stayed in the clubhouse.

"How is he?" Minji's voice cracked.

"We don't know yet. The pack doctor is still treating him inside." Kris said.

Minji's knees collapsed but luckily Luhan was able to catch her.

"I'm sorry, it's my fault." He whispered on her ears.

Minji didn't respond, she only remained still with her eyes stating blankly into space.

After two hours the doctor came out while removing his gloves.

"He was shot my a silver bullet so his wound cannot heal. Luckily it is not celestial silver or else he would have been a goner. He needs to wake up first and shift so that his wound can start healing but basing from his current state, that won't happen any time soon."

"What do you mean?!" Minji couldn't believe  what she just heard.

"Well...his wolf is in a state of depression and no longer has the will to live. If his wolf refuses to live, then Kai's human form will also die. The only way he could be saved is for him to be marked by his mate. In that way, his wolf will be encouraged to fight for his life and wake up." The doctor said.

Everyone faced Minji and all of their eyes were pleading for her to mark Kai.

She didn't need anyone to tell her that, she will mark Kai if it meant saving him.

                 Minji was the first one to visit Kai since they can only allow one visitor at a time.

Her heart sank after seeing a lot of machines connected to Kai and his face is deadly pale.

The funny and outgoing Kai cannot be found in this corpse like body.

She tried her best not to cry, but everytime she hears the heartbeat sounds that is beating emitted by the machine that could stop anytime, her eyes starts to get heavy with tears.

She slowly touched Kai's hand and placed it on her cheek.

"Please wake up okay? Luhan's mark disappeared....please don't be depressed." Minji whispered hoping that Kai could hear her.

She kissed his forehead and then she sunk her teeth on Kai's neck to create the mark.

After she the wound, she was amazed on how beautiful the mark is.

It is an image of two wolves watching the full moon together.

Luhan saw how Minji marked Kai and the satisfaction of her smile after the mark has been made.

The way she looks at Kai is different compared to how she looks at him.

When it comes to him it was the smile of having someone to comfort you, but when it comes to Kai it is the smile of pure love.

He closed the door and he heavily sighed.

*She has a mate and I have no right to take away her future with her mate. I know what it feels like to lose a mate....so I shouldn't be stealing other people's mates.* Luhan thought to himself before leaving the hospital.

               Kai's finger suddenly twitched and his eyes slowly opened.

Once his eyes fully opened the first person that he saw was his mate.

"You're awake." Minji cannot contain her happiness and relief.

Kai smiled and slowly cupped her cheeks.

Minji held Kai's hand that are positioned on her cheek and she started to cry.

"Don't cry sunshine. I'm fine see?"Kai said.

 He tried to seat up on his own but he groaned in pain as he held his stomach.

Minji panicked and tried to assist him.

"I'll call the pack doctor okay? Just wait." Minji was about to leave when Kai grabbed her hand.

He pulled her closer to him and he lovingly looked at her in the eye.

"You're not mine anymore....you love him so much don't you?" Kai sadly said.

Minji lightly squeezed Kai's hand and she exposed her neck to him.

His eyes widened after seeing it flawless and mark free.

"What?....but I felt it. What was it then? I was so sure that I felt him marking you and I even saw you two mating." Kai said.

Minji turned red after knowing that Kai knew about the ual thing that she did with Luhan.

"We didn't mate but he did mark me. After he marked me the mark suddenly disappeared after a few seconds." Minji explained.

Happiness exploded inside of Kai "Really?....so you're still my mate?"

Minji nodded and she did something that Kai never expected.

She cupped his cheek and gave him a passionate kiss.

Electric shocks travelled to both of their bodies but it was stronger with Kai since he didn't expect it.

He closed his eyes and cupped Minji's cheek.

She wrapped her arms around his neck to deepen the kiss.

Kai had kissed tons of girls before but none of them made him feel like what his mate is making him feel right now.

At the same time Minji is also making similar thoughts.

She had kissed Luhan before and nearly mated with him, but their kisses never came close to this.

This kiss is explosive and very addicting, it's like you couldn't get enough of Kai's lips.

Kai broke the kiss and he intensely looked at Minji's eyes.

"I love you....why did you do this?" He asked.

"It's because you're my mate and I love you too." She replied with a big smile.

Kai smiled from ear to ear.

He never felt so happy before, the feeling was too great that he wanted to run around a soccer field and scream his lungs out.

"What about Luhan hyung?" Kai asked.

Minji's smile fell as the sad memories came back.

"We broke up. When he marked me and it disappeared, we realized that we can't be together. We can't have a relationship that limits us too much." Minji said.

Kai smiled wider "WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!" he cheered as loud as he can.

He tightly hugged Minji and gave her a deep but short kiss.

"I love you....I love you so much. I know that the hospital is not really the best place to say this but can you be mine?" Kai quickly asked

Minji giggled and she said while pointing at Kai's mark "You are already mine."

Kai's eyes widened when he grabbed his phone from the side table and saw the beautiful mark from the camera.

"You marked me?" Kai couldn't believe his eyes.

"Is this real? I mean am I not dead or is this all an illusion. Is Kris hyung playing tricks on me?" Kai continued blabbering that made Minji laugh.

"It's real and I'm sorry if I'm a little late. I love you." Minji said.

Kai lovingly looked at Minji and he still doesn't know on what heroic thing that he did in his past life to be rewarded with such a great mate.

His woman in front of him is the only woman that he will ever love.

"I love you too." Kai said before slowly dipping his head on Minji's neck.

He bit onto her while her skin at the same time to increase the pleasure.

It was amazing how  she didn't feel any pain unlike how it felt with Luhan.

The feeling was instantly pleasurable that made her entire body weak.

Afted Kai was finished he looked at the mark that he mad.

He gave Minji his phone to look at her mark and she gasped at it's beauty.

It is an image of two wolves kissing and ther initials are also on each wolf.

"It's beautiful."Minji said.

"The perfect mark for the perfect mate. I love you Minji....I love you so so much." Kai said before shifting on his wolf form.

Minji knew that his wolf needed to take over because he needs to cure himself.

Minji smiled as he ran her fingers on his soft dark brown fur.

"I love you." She whispered on Kai's furry ear.

The door opened and it revealed the doctor and all of the exo members.

"Oh..it's good that he's finally awake. It looks like his wolf can finally shift it means that he can be good as new in no time. His wound can completely heal within two days."

"I asked some guards to investigate and they said that the bullet was caused by a group of hunters. They used Kai as their target practice." Suho said.

Minji growled and her eyes craved for hunter's blood after knowing that they almost killed her mate for target practice.

"It's a good thing that it's only plain silver and wouldn't cause further damage once taken out. He should be good to go after his wolf is satisfied with the healing." The doctor said and left.

Minji sighed and ran her fingers on Kai's soft fur.

No words can explain on how relief she is that Kai is okay.