Death of a Mate

Rejected Mate

Author's POV
                    Minji was lying on her bed with her eyes closed, but she was not asleep.

She just wanted to relax herself after a very stressful day.

It turned out that myungsoo was injected by wolfsbane by the hunters so he no longer has a protection for himself.

Myungsoo informed them that they are torturing the wolves by cutting them with silver and injecting them with wolfsbane.

They are using the wolves as their lab rats for testing out their new weapons.

The alphas and betas are already stressing out in formulating a new plan just in case something happens to myungsoo.

At the same time, all of the beats and alphas are training all of the fighters for their future battle.

So basically they have meetings from 7 am up to 9 am and then it is training up until 8 or nine at night.

Everyone is tired but the entire alliance needs to be prepared no matter what.

She suddenly felt someone lying down beside her which made her open her eyes.

She smelled Kai's scent and when she looked to her side, she saw her mate next to her.

"You know, you could use the front door. I don't get why you prefer entering throught the window all the time." She said.

Kai smiled and he wrapped his arms around her waist and he gave her a quick peck on the cheek.

"You're tired and I don't want to disturb you by making you answer the door." Kai whispered.

Minji smiled and she wrapped her arms around Kai's muscular body.

She would never get tired of looking at those beautiful eyes.

Kai's scent is just like her own personally drug that would send fireworks on her stomach once inhaled.

Kai leaned to capture her lips and Minji didn't protest.

She wrapped her arms around his neck to deepen the kiss.

After a while, the kiss is getting too heated that they are already lying on the bed.

Kai's hand sneakingly went under Minji's sshirts nd unclasp her bra but that made her gasp and snap back to reality.

She lightly pushed Kai off of her and she fixed her clothes and hair.

"Why? Did I do something wrong?" Kai looked completely clueless as to why his mate just pushed him off.

Minji could feel herself heating up and her hormones are already sky rocketing.

"N-Nothing....it's just....I don't think it's the right time to do it yet." Minji tried to compose herself.

Kai's heart started to ache with the thought of his mating refusing to mate with him.

*She almost mated with Luhan....but not with me?* 

Minji saw the disappointment in Kai's eyes that made her feel guilty.

It's no that she didn't want to mate with him, it's just that a part of her was afraid that she'll be a one time fling for Kai.

She knows that Kai has changed for the better, but it's hard to tell if Kai will really stay with her once she gives to him what he usually a wants from girls.

She didn't want to doubt her mate, but Kai has a history for one time flings and she isn't so sure is she'll be the only exception.

"I....I understand that you're doubting...I can feel that that's what your thinking. I know that I was not serious with girls before, but Minji you're my mate. I love you more that I love anyone or anything in this world and I will not use you for . If you're not ready to mate yet....I'll wait." Kai said trying to hide his sadness.

Minji lightly sighed in relief after Kai assured her.

"Thank you....I love you." Minji pecked Kai's cheek and hugged him tightly.

Kai hugged her back and said "Love you too sunshine."

                     Sulli rang the doorbell of Jinho's house hoping to see him answer the door.

She had been texting him for two days and he never replied, not even once.

She knew how hard it is for him to accept that he is now human, but he doesn't have to shut himself from the world.

"Jinho! Jinho open up it's me Sulli!" She knocked even more.

After thirty minutes of patiently waiting and knocking, she finally gave up and decided to climb up to Jinho's window.

An unfamiliar scent caught her nose, mixed with Jinho's scent.

She heard someone giggling and then .

Sulli's heart beat started to increase and something inside her screamed for her to look away because she will only get hurt.

What she saw next destroyed her inside.

She saw Jinho kissing a random human girl's neck while the is seating on his lap.

Tears quickly bursted out from her eyes and an unbelievable pain struck her chest.

Her eyes turned red and she quickly entered Jinho's room and grabbed the 's hair to drag her to the floor.

"YOU !! HOW DARE YOU AROUND MY BOYFRIEND?!?" Sulli's eyes grew darker.

The girl started to shake and she quickly got up from the floor to run away but Sulli grabbed her wrist and threw her against the wall.

The girl whimpered in pain and she fainted on the floor.

Sulli breathed hard and she gave Jinho a deadly glare.

Jinho felt guilty, he never wanted for his mate to see him do things like that.

"You bastard....Why did you do it?" Sulli started to cry hard.

Jinho didn't want to meet his mate's eyes because he will feel totally crushed.

"I don't know....I feel so confused and I just wanted to let out the stress." Jinho said.

Sulli felt angry as hell "BASTARD!!! I HATE YOU!!"

She started to punch Jinho's chest as she sobbed uncontrollably.

"AM I NOT ENOUGH FOR YOU? YOU WANT TO LET OUT STRESS?!? HUH?!? WHAT KIND OF A TWISTED EXCUSE IS THAT?!? IF I HADN'T COME, THEN YOU WOULD HAVE SCREWED HER AND I WILL JUST FEEL A LOT OF PAIN AND YOU DON'T EVEN CARE IF THAT HAPPENS!!" Sulli looked completely broken.

Jinho tried to calm his mate down "no....I love you....I wouldn't even want to do it with her. It's only you that I want. I was just so stressed." He whispered.

"Stressed?....STRESSED?!? Stop making that as your excuse!! I'm also stressed because my mate won't even talk to me for the past two days! But you don't see me kissing a random guy!" Her voice started to crack.

Jinho tried to wipe her tears away, but she slapped his hands to the side.

"It's different....I'm human now and you have no idea how that breaks me. You'll never understand how terrible I feel after knowing that I no longer have my wolf." Jinho sadly whispered.

Sulli cried harder "This is useless....you're right...I don't understand. I don't understand how you can bear to see me hurt."

She turned around and jumped out of Jinho's window.

She ran away, refusing to look back.

Jinho punched the wall and he heard his knuckles crack.

He sulked at the corner and he cried his eyes out.

He felt like a total idiot after hurting his own mate.

He has no idea what has gotten into him for him to do that.

   .              Sulli walked like a a zombie in the streets.

When she spotted a bar nearby, she knew what she had to do to clear up her mind.

"Two soju bottles please!" Sulli said to the barista.

The barista eyed her and scoffed "Miss, you look underage. I'm sorry but we don't serve alcohol to minors. Maybe iced tea could be the best alternative?"

Sulli gave him a deadly glare and her eyes turned red "Just serve me the acohol before I get too angry and hurt you!"

The barista was frightened with the scary aura that Sulli is emitting "Uhm...O-Okay."

He quickly took out two soju bottles from the freezer and then Sulli handed out the money.

She didn't bother to use the shot glass instead she drank directly from the bottle.

After drinking more than four bottles, she got totally drunk that she can no longer stand up.

Just outside the bar, Jinho is using his phone to locate his mate.

*If only I was a wolf then I could have sniffed her rather than using this stupid phone app.*

He wanted to patch things up with her because he can't stand the thought of his mate being mad at him.

He grew shocked after knowing that his mate is inside a bar.

He quickly barged in and the smell of alcohol and smoke lingered the air.

His eyes searched for her with full of panick.

Then suddenly, a piercing scream was heard from the other side of the bar but it was a little faint because of the booming music.

Jinho knew immedielty that it was Sulli's scream.

He quickly spotted her with four guys surrounding her.

"SULLI!!" Jinho shouted.

Sulli tried to fight back but she was too drunk to fight properly and to shift.

The guys brought her to the deepest part of the club where no can see them

Jinho followed them and then he grabbed the shoulder of one of the guys and gave him a strong punch on the face.

He tried to beat up the guys but he couldn't since he lost all of his wolf like abilities.

Now he is just a plain guy who is getting overpowered by four buffed men.

One of the guys with the dragon tattoo on his neck suddenly pulled out a celestial silver knife with wolfsbane tips and then placed it on Sulli's neck.

"AAAAHHHHH!!!" Sulli screamed in pain as the weapon made contact with her skin.

Jinho's eyes widened, the guys where hunters and they know that Sulli is a wolf.

"NOOOOOOO!!!!" Jinho trashed around but the two guys held him still.

The guys evilly smirked and then what they did next almost killed Jinho.

They quickly slit deeply on Sulli's neck and then she fell lifelessly on the ground.

The hunters laughed and they threw Jinho on the ground then left.

He couldn't move, everything made no sense.

Just a few feet away from him is his mate....cold...and dead.

"No...no.....Sulli....wake up..." Tears started to fall from Jinho's eyes as he scooped his mate into his arms.

Sulli remained motionless as the corpse she is.

"Please....wake up love....please I'm so sorry for hurting you, just wake up and don't leave me." He brought his mate's body closer to him.

"NOOO!!.....NOOO!!!! Please! Nooo!" Tears flooded Jinho's eyes and his heart is breaking into billions of pieces every second.

What made everything worse is that Sulli died not knowing how much he regretted what he did earlier and how much he loves her.

"I can't live without you....I love you so much." Jinho softly kissed Sulli's cold lips.

He pulled out his phone and recorded everything that the pack needs to know.

He grabbed his tie and hanged himself on top of the ceiling.

With his last breath, he sighed in relief that he will see Sulli very soon.

                  "Did you kill one of them?" A voice said from the dark.

The four guys at the bar a while ago all smiled "We killed her alright. And it was like a drama because we killed her in front of her human mate."

The mysterious guy smiled like satan "That will surely tick them off. They should know that they don't have much time. Their alliance will be the next that we will wipe out."

Everyone inside the room laughed.

"Good job Jay, now you can go back and play with your little....toy." 

Jay chuckled "Sir, that Seulgi is one feisty girl. I almost killed her because she kicked my balls."

"I'm glad you didn't because we will kill her in front of her mate soon." 

Jay smirked "Now that will be a scene that I would love to watch. Their kind needs to pay with what they did us. They are the reason why my mother is dead."

"I know Jay, I'm also after revenge and we won't stop until each and every one of their kind is exterminated like pests." 

"Black Smith sir...I'm counting on that." Jay lightly bowed