Dying

Rejected Mate

Author's POV
            "DOC!!PLEASE SAVE MY MATE!!" Kai entered the pack clubhouse, where all the pack doctors gathered to anticipate the injured wolves, with Minji's body pale like a corpse.

They decided to use the pack clubhouse instead of the hospital because it is nearer to the battle site.

Two doctors placed Minji in a stretcher and they attached a heart monitor.

Kai sighed in relief after hearing Minji's heart beat, it was slow but it's better than nothing.

Kai soon collapsed on the floor with his head aching due to the mental breakdown.

He felt a warm coat being placed on his shoulders and he looked up to see Luhan.

Luhan sat beside him "She'll be fine, she's a strong girl."

Tears bursted out from Kai's eyes.

He wanted to believe that Minji will make it, but his sensible side is telling him that once a celestial silver bullet enters a wolf...there is no other way but death.

"I can't lose her....I can't....I don't think I can take it." Kai chocked in every word.

Luhan patted Kai's shoulder "You won't....just believe that she will make it."

"I should have never rejected her....maybe in that way we had more time to be together." Kai cried harder as he reminisce their happy moments.

"She loves you Kai....I don't think she will leave you so early." Luhan assured him

Suddenly, the doctors started to panick and Kai quickly ran towards the room where Minji was sent.

Her heart is slowly failing and the doctors are preparing to revive her.

"Her blood is contaminated with the celestial silver. The contaminated blood is killing her heart." The doctor said to Kai.

Once Kai heard that news, he was in perfect agony.

"No...PLEASE SAVE MY MATE!! TAKE MY BLOOD AND MY HEART!!!...please just let her live." Kai was in a mess.

"I'm sorry....but I'm afraid that it maybe too late for that. Her organs are slowly failing and draining her body might quicken her death." The doctor sadly said.

Kai's eyes darkened and he grabbed the collar of the doctor "SO ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT MY MATE WILL DIE?!? YOU!!"

Luhan tried to calm Kai down "Kai...fighting with the doctors won't save Minji."

He lowered the doctor and there he kneeled down to lower his pride "please....please save her. She's my everything and I can't live without her. Please save my mate...I love her so much."

The doctors looked at Kai with full of sympathy "We will try our best."

After ten minutes, the doctor went out again and he said "Kai....she's looking for you."

Kai's eyes widened and he quickly ran towards his mate's side.

When he opened the door, he saw the most terrible sight.

Minji's body is connected to multiple of machines and a tube is attached to her nose to help her breath.

Kai kneeled down and he caressed his mate's cheeks and gave her lips a soft peck.

Minji slowly and weakly opened her eyes and she gave Kai a weak smile.

Kai nearly broke down *My angel is so strong, she still manages to smile despite her situation.*

"Kai....I'm sorry......I wasn't careful." Minji weakly said.

Kai prevented the tears from falling from his eyes, he must remain strong in front of Minji.

He shook his head and said "No...I'm sorry because I wasn't able to protect you like I promised. Please fight okay? You need to live because we still have a big future ahead of us. You will be the mother of our pups, feed them everyday and go to school with them every morning. And when the time comes, we will grow old and die together. I love you Minji....I won't let you die.."

Tears fell from Minji's eyes, but the smile never left her lips.

"I'm scared....I don't want to leave you. " Each word sounded like a whisper.

Tears finally bursted out from Kai's eyes.

He held minji's hand and gave it a quick kiss on the knuckles "Don't be scared sunshine, I'm here. I love you."

Minji's smile grew wider.

"Kai, can you call Luhan for me. I just....want to talk to him." Minji said.

Kai tried his best to smile and he ushered Luhan who is standing near the entrance.

Luhan smiled at Minji and he kissed her forehead.

"Please don't give up....I loved you and I still do so I don't want to lose another important person again." Luhan begged.

"You know....I did love you, but my heart now belongs to Kai. I just...I just want to thank you for everything. Thank you for being there when I needed someone. I hope you will find someone that will love you just as much as you love her." Minji said.

Luhan nodded and tears started to flow from his eyes.

He saw how her life is slowly flowing out from her eyes.

"You are one of the best things that had ever happened to me. You will always remain in my heart." Luhan softly said.

Minji smiled, she knew that Luhan is already willing to accept the outcome of this situation.

She turned her eyes to Kai and he came closer to her and he held her hands as if his life depended on it.

Her eyelids are getting really heavy and her lungs felt like they are going to collapse soon.

She knew deep down that she won't make it, the silver has already reached her heart and it is already killing her.

She weakly touched Kai's wet cheek and carefully caressed it.

Kai closed his eyes and savored the touch of his mate, somehow he felt like it will be the last time that Minji will touch him like this.

"I love you.....you know that I won't make it right? Please....find a new mate. My last wish is for you to build your own family." Minji said.

"Wh-What? No...no! I won't! You and I will build our own family. Please fight....you can't give up like this." Kai's eyes are already turning red and his eyes are slowly drying out.

Minji heavily breathed....she knew that it is already time to go.

"I love you.....I love you...." Each word became fainted and fainter.

Kai sighed....there's nothing he can do already because even Minji is already accepting her fate "I love you too sunshine....so so much. Rest well okay?"

Minji smiled and she weakly nodded.

She took her last breath and her eyes finally closed for the last time.

The heart monitor went flat and that sent a painful pang on Kai's chest.

He broke down and he screamed at the top of his lungs "AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!"

He cried so hard while his hands never separated from Minji's.

That's the day that his world crashed and he doesn't know how he will face tomorrow, alone and mate less.