Mission: Reveal the Plan

Rejected Mate

Author's POV
            Luna  patted the dust off of her pants and she gave Henry a hug to ease his confusion.

"And that, ladies and gentlemen is a re enactment of what happened to myungsoo." Minji said.

All of the alphas couldn't say anything, they were frozen on the spot.

Kai went to a nearby tree and took out a secret camera that is hiding behind the leaves.

"We're sorry alphas if we had disrespect you in any way, but we had no other options. We have to make you realize that what myungsoo did was against his own will." Kai said.

"Kai, what are you doing? Are you seriously helping that myungsoo guy?!" Suho said firmly.

"I'm helping him because I believe that he deserves a second chance." Kai said.

Both Kris and Suho was left dumbfounded, is this really the Kai that they know?

"Thanks to my friend Luna for helping us with this short drama play. You all saw how Alpha Henry reacted when he saw his mate is in danger. It is a natural reaction for every mate to make sure that their other half is safe. We asked Alpha Henry if he is willing to do anything to save his mate and just like myungsoo he said yes. All mates are prepared to do anything if it meant the safety of their mates, even if it meant killing their own alphas. That's why you can't kill myungsoo. He had only done what every other male wolves would do if they saw their mate being captive. That demonstration with Luna, is not as half as bad compared to what happened to Myungsoo's mate. " she said

"You placed a silver knife near her! What if she received a cut because of it!" Henry is slowly losing his temper.

The thought of such a dangerous weapon near his mate makes him insane.

Minji pick up the knife that is on the ground and showed it to everyone.

"Oh this? It's fake. It is only a dummy knife that looks real but it cannot even cut a butter. Alpha, were sorry if we used your mate as a threat, but she also shared with us the same opinion and she was more than willing to help us." Minji said.

Henry looked at Luna and she nodded in agreement.

Henry heavily sighed "So you want us to give pardon to myungsoo is that it?"

"We do not expect him to be fully forgiven for what he did. By just sparing his life will be enough. It doesn't matter if he will remain in jail." Kai said.

"Tell us, why do you want to save myungsoo so much?" Sunggyu asked.

Kai looked at Minji and she knew that he is waiting for her to answer for the both of them.

"He has a mate expecting him to save her. His mate is not yet dead and killing myungsoo would mean throwing away that possibility that they will meet again in the future and start a family of their own. If we kill myungsoo, wouldn't that make us a step lower compared to the hunters?" Minji said.

That statement became an eye opener for all of the alphas.

"This is all of a sudden. You can't expect us to make a decision right away. Two alphas were killed and that is a very heavy sin. We need to discuss more about this, but I highly doubt that we can spare myungsoo." Kris said.

All of the alphas started to leave, but Minji's voice stopped them.

"Alphas, one more thing before you proceed to your discussion. We hold a very important information regarding the hunters that could help you plan for the war. It is very crucial that you should know them." Minji said.

"And what is that?" Suho said.

"If I tell you, will you use your alpha swear that you will spare myungsoo from his death penalty?" Minji internally smirked.

"Are you trying to test my patience beta? Just spit it out or I will make you!" Suho threatened.

Kai loudly growled at his alpha, not even caring if it was disrespectful.

Suho growled back at him and this time, it was mixed with an alpha command.

Kai lowered his head, but in the inside he was pissed.

"These information could be a matter of life and death. Trust me as long as you don't have these informations, your plans will outmost fail." Minji said.

"Beta Minji, just say it. If it will benefit the alliance then shouldn't you reveal the information without anything in return?" Sunggyu said.

"But these informations came from myungsoo. It wouldn't be fair if he doesn't receive anything for saving an entire alliance." Minji said.

"We will decide after we hear the information. Please say it beta Minji, as your alpha I command you to say it." Henry firmly said.

Minji flinched after hearing his alpha tone.

No one can ignore their alpha once he used his alpha tone.

Minji was suppose to reveal in already when she felt a palm covering to keep them shut.

"No, we will only tell you the information once all of you swear that you will spare Myungsoo. We could use him for the war." Kai said.

Minji on the other hand could feel butterflies roaming his stomach.

How could she remain calm when Kai's hand is pressing her lips.

All of the alphas sighed.

"Just give us some time to talk about it. We will call the both of you after our deliberation." Kris said.

All of the alphas left including Luna while leaving Minji and Kai.

"Do you think they will save myungsoo?" Minji hoped for a good answer.

"I also don't know. We can only hope for the best." Kai said and wrapped his arm around Minji's shoulders.

She blushed after his bold action.

"Thanks for helping me Kai. I don't know if I could ever repay you." Minji tried to conceal her red cheeks.

"Well I know how you can repay me. Go out with me this Saturday." Kai said with a huge grin.

"What?!"

"You heard me pretty lady. It will be like a date." Kai said.

"But I have a boyfriend. I'll be cheating on him if I say yes." Minji pouted.

Honestly, she also wanted to spend an entire day with Kai but thinking about how it will stab Luhan at the back makes her feel guilty.

"He doesn't have to know. And I am your mate, I have the right to take you out. I know I rejected you, but I had taken that back along time ago. I still see you as my mate and I want you and only you."

Kai's touching words left Minji frozen.

"Okay....I'll go out with you, but it's because I only want to thank you okay?" Minji cleared.

"Good! So it's a date." Kai said with a mischievous smile.

"a THANK YOU date." She cleared again.

"It's still a date." Kai tried to push it.

Minji huffed in frustration and Kai ruffled her hair.

"You don't know how you make me so happy." Kai whispered to her ear which made her heart raise.

                  Minji noticed how Luhan looked down the entire day.

He gives her short responses everytime she asks him something and right now he is not even touching his food.

"Luhan, what's wrong? You don't look so good." Minji sounded worried.

"I heard from Alpha Kris that you and Kai pulled a stunt yesterday to help myungsoo. Why didn't you ask me to help you instead?" Luhan kept his head low.

"Well....Kai was the one who was with me when I talked to myungsoo and that plan was just formulated that time I guess." Minji tried to explain.

"You didn't tell me about it either. Have you forgotten about me because you are spending too much time with Kai?" Luhan looked at Minji and her heart fell when he saw the sadness overflowing from his eyes.

"I'm sorry if I abandoned you." She apologized hoping to ease his sadness.

"One night, I visited you because I couldn't sleep, but I smelled Kai's scent lingering around your room. I looked inside and he wasn't there, but I was sure he just left. The scent is still strong and I was sure that he was with you. Why Minji? Have you realized that I am nothing compared to your mate?" A drop of tear fell from Luhan's eyes.

He didn't  want to look weak, but the emotions bottled inside him is already killing him.

Minji wiped the tears away from his cheek as she prevented herself from crying as well.

Seeing Luhan hurting because of her is too much for her to handle.

She knew what Luhan had been through, he already lost a mate once and now he feels like he is losing another one all over again.

She felt so guilty for making him cry like this.

"I'm sorry....I so sorry. We just planned on the things that we will do to save myungsoo. We did nothing more than that." She said.

"I can't lose you Minji. I'm sorry if I can't be as good as your mate but I'll try harder. I know I look like an idiot begging you to stay with me, but I just can't bear to lose you. It's like losing Mirae all over again." Luhan cried harder.

He had been greatly traumatized by the loss of his mate that he didn't know how he will face such thing again.

Thinking about the possibility of losing Minji sends him over the edge.

"I don't want you to face that feeling all over again. I promise to never leave you." Minji said

That relaxed Luhan a bit but he knew that it is a promise that is hard to keep.

"Thank you, that made me feel better." He said

Luhan cupped her small face and he planted a soft kiss on her lips.

It sent the usual butterflies on Minji's stomach, but strangely it is not as strong as before.

Although, it does not change the fact that she still loves Luhan.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too." She said back to him.

A pair of eyes looked at the both of them with envy.

*I'll make her mine. I'm sorry hyung but she is mine from the beginning. If she loves you, then I will make her love me more.* Kai thought to himself.

He walked away with a heavy yet determined heart and mind.