New Beta

Rejected Mate

Author's POV
           Henry couldn't stop walking back and forth while his mind is overly stressed about Jinho not wanting to be his future beta.

Henry is hanging out at Luna's house when Jinho suddenly barged in and told him that they should talk.

Jinho's sudden decision to back out from the beta position surprised Henry.

Jinho had been the assigned future beta for eight years and the boy would always brag about his soon to be position.

He told him that something came up but he didn't specifically said what came up.

Henry would constantly push Jinho to tell him the crystal truth but Jinho would dodge his eyes and remain silent.

Henry knew something big happened to Jinho for him to drop his future position like that.

Not when he knows that Henry will soon take over his father's position next month, which means Jinho will take the beta position too.

Henry needs to take over the alpha position because his father's health continues to decline.

Jinho gave him the possible list of people that could replace him, but Henry doesn't know if he can trust these people as his second in command even if they were fellow pack members. 

Jinho suggested his older brother Yunho, but Henry knew that Yunho would hate the fact of him being the next beta...that's why Jinho was chosen in the first place.

Just a few days ago, Jinho talked to Henry once again and told him that he found the best person that will replace him and that's Minji.

All of them knew that Minji is one of the secret card of their pack.

Out of all the packs in town, Minji is the only white wolf.

That mere fact is not a popular gossip in town because only a few people knows about it.

A white wolf is known to be the best breed of wolf.

White wolves tend to heal faster compared to  regular wolves.

If a white wolf and a regular wolf obtain the same kind of injury, a white wolf can heal 200 times faster than a regular wolf.

Example if a white wolf and a regular wolf both broke their right leg a white wolf can fully heal within 30 minutes while a regular wolf will take 3-4 hours to fully heal.

White wolves runs faster compared to regular wolves.

A regular white wolf is bigger compared to a regular wolf but still slightly smaller compared to a regular alpha.

A white wolf alpha is much bigger compared to any kind of regular wolf.

That is why the Silver pack holds a big pride regarding their breed and their alpha.

A white wolf's senses are sharper compared to a regular wolf.

All of these capabilities are trained to be enhanced, something Minji lacks.

Every wolf's dream is to be able to have a white wolf as their mate or even better, a white wolf with an alpha blood.

Having a white wolf as their mate would mean stronger pups.

Since Minji is a white wolf it would be great if she becomes the future beta.

There is one big problem, it is unsure if Minji will agree to take the position with haste.

If ever Minji agrees, she only has one month to prepare for the task.

If Minji doesn't agree, then Henery would have to choose from the other pack members that he doesn't know if he could trust.

"Henry, you need to seat down. You've been walking back and forth the whole day and it's making me dizzy." Luna sweetly said.

Henry sighed "Luna....do you think Minji will agree to be my future beta?"

"I don't know....she had been facing a lot of problems since Kai rejected her so I don't know if she is up to the challenge." Luna honestly said.

"You can ask Sulli if Minji doesn't agree." She suggested.

Henry undeliverable looked at Luna "Sulli? She would rather paint a hundred of toe nails before she even considers my offer."

Luna nodded in a sudden agreement.

"Why don't you just ask her to find out? Minji is a strong girl. If she wasn't , then that depression should have killed her a long time ago but she is still standing. And right now, she is already starting to put her life back on track." Luna said and then kissed Henry's cheek to lessen his stress.

Henry sighed and he tightly hugged his mate to seek for comfort.

He closed his eyes and prayed hard that Minji will say yes to his offer.

                Minji hurried home after receiving a text from Henry.

She was at the mall with Luhan when Henry texted her and told her that he will tell her something important.

She quickly unlocked the door of her home knowing her parents are still at work.

She went inside and even before she could sit down, a soft knock was heard from the door.

Minji quickly opened the door and saw Henry looking uneasy and slightly shivering from the cold.

"Henry, come in." Minji motioned him inside.

Henry went inside and made his way towards the couch.

Minji sat beside him "So, what do you want to tell me?"

Henry didn't want to get to the point right away, he had to ask some questions first.

"Minji...how is your depression? I heard what Kai did to you, are you alright?" 

Minji smiled to acknowledge Hery's concern "I still get the blues once in a while but Luhan is trying his best to comfort me. I don't know what I'll do without him."

"I'm sorry to ask this but do you like Luhan? You and your wolf seem oddly comfortable around him." Henry said.

Minji blushed "yeah, I do. I like him a lot. My wolf feels at peace when I'm with him. Sometimes, I like him more than Kai."

Henry sighed in relief. At least Minji is not too depressed.

"I guess that it's a good thing that you are able to find a new mate." Henry said.

Minji but her lips as those words somehow made her feeluneasy.

"I like him but I don't know if he likes me back. I mean, he does love Mirae a lot so I don't know if I will be able to get a spot in his heart. I think he is only helping me because he pitied me." Minji sadly said what's on her heart.

Knowing that she had never confirmed Luhan's feelings scares her.

The thought of him not liking her back could be painful, but what else could she do?

Luhan spent most of his life loving his mate, who is she to get his heart so easily?

Although, a part of her still craves for Kai despite his sin towards her. Sadly that feeling will be inevitable since Kai will forever be her mate.

"Don't think about it too much. Don't make conclusions until you fully confirmed everything." Henry adviced.

"But is that why you came here? To check up on me?" She asked.

Henry deeply sighed, his true intention for visiting will be revealed.

"No, I came here for something else. Few days ago Jinho told me that he can no longer be the future beta. As you know, I will be taking my father's position next month and I can't take it if I don't have a beta. I was wondering if you would be my beta Minji." Henry said.

His heart is pounding in a strong pace.

He is really desperate to have Minji as his beta.

Minji's eyes widened and she didn't know how to respond.

*Me?! Future Beta?! Is he out of his mind?!* she panicked.

"Henry...I don't think I can. I'm weak mentally and physically. There are other wolves out there in the pack that would love to be your beta." Minji stammered

Henry shook his head "A beta is an alpha's second in command it means that the alpha should be able to trust his beta well. Other than Jinho, you  are the only possible candidate. I don't know if I can trust the other pack members, I'm not confident with them. You are the perfect future beta Minji, even Jinho agrees with me." Henry tried to sound as desperate as possible.

He knows that it lowers his dignity as the future alpha, but he no longer cares.

Minji gently shook her head.

*How can I be the future beta?! I can't even handle myself, how am I suppose to lead the pack alongside with Henry?*

Minji never felt so incompetent in her entire life.

"I know that I'm a white wolf, but that does not mean that I could be a great beta. I'm weak...very weak." Minji said.

"That won't be a problem. Jinho and I will train you for the next few weeks. He and I will teach everything that we've learned." Henry said.

Minji heavily sighed, such a big burden is suddenly placed on her shoulder.

Just a few minutes ago, she was nothing but a rejected wolf.

Now, one word could make her into the future beta of her pack.

"I still don't know. Why did Jinho back out anyway? He always loves the idea of him being the future beta." Minji sounded confused.

Minji had known Jinho all her life and she knew how happy he was when Henry told him that he will be the future beta.

Something big might have happened for him to drop his dream.

"I don't know either. He told me that he will only reveal what really happened after you agree. He said that what happened...could be a threat to the pack." Henry said.

*A threat to the pack? Well that scared me...*

"I won't force you if you really don't want Minji, but I was thinking, don't you think that this is the best way to prove your mate that he made a big mistake? He told you that he didn't want you because you think that you are not good enough. You don't meet his standards. if you are the future beta, that will be a big slap on his face." Henry said.

Minji wanted to chuckle.

*This is why Henry is the alpha. He is great with his words. He knows how to convince people.*

Minji thought of it for awhile and she was reminded on how Kai treated her.

The way he purposely hurt her and the way he rejected her for no good reason angered her

Deep inside she wanted to pay back.

She wanted to give him a dose of his own medicine.

She wants to be great to prove him how stupid he is to reject her.

A burst of self confidence and courage engulfed Minji for her to say "Okay, I'll be the future beta."

Henry smiled and a sense of relief escaped his lips through a sigh.

"Thank you, you will be the best beta and I assure you that."