Mysterious Wolf

Rejected Mate

Author's POV
            Minji entered her school while her eyes wondering around trying to find signs of Kai.

She spent the whole weekend trying to figure out how the nurse knew her mate and why did Kai send her to the clinic.

*I might have looked like a complete rag while lying on the floor for him to ignore. Right! It's only due to pity.*

Her nose suddenly caught a familiar scent and before she could register it, her eyes saw Kai appearing from across the hallway.

His eyes were piercing cold.

Minji and Kai walked passed each other and she swore that she saw Kai slightly looking at her.

*That's right Minji! him taking you to the clinic is what normal people do. Don't be such a feeler.*

She shrugged the idea and she made her way to her locker.

Her tummy started to rumble *Sigh, I should have eaten something before leaving home.*

She opened her locker and her eyes widened when she saw a chicken sandwich and a carton of banana milk inside her locker.

She softly smiled *I should thank Jinho later.*

She took a big bite from the sandwich even if she didn't feel like eating.

She felt bad for wasting Jinho's money on the Spanish bread that she failed to eat. After getting her books, she made her way to her first class.

When she arrived, she immidietly saw her friends executing PDA.

Jinho and Sulli are busy eating each other's mouth while Henry and Luna are too busy looking into each other's eyes until it pops out.

Minji sighed and threw her bag in front of them to get their attention.

"C'mon guys, don't do that when I'm around. It makes me feel lonelier than what I already am." Minji pouted before seating down.

"Sorry Minji, anyways how are you feeling?" Sulli asked.

"Same old same old. At least I was able to get five hours of sleep last Sunday." Minji said.

"Well that's good, I guess. You better eat more too, I could already see your cheek bone bursting out of your face." Jinho pointed out.

"I will, oh by the way thanks for the food this morning." 

Jinho looks confused "What food? Do you mean the Spanish bread?"

"No, the banana milk and chicken sandwich. Didn't you put them in my locker?" Minji tried to explain.

Jinho grew more confused "I didn't put any food on your locker Minji. Did you guys do it?"

Everyone shook their head.

"That's weird, who placed them then?" Minji questioned the mysterious foods that popped out from her locker.

"Maybe it's your mate." Sulli joked.

Luna slightly slapped Sulli's hand  "Don't joke like that. That guy won't buy food for anyone other than himself."

Minji nodded "Maybe it's one of my classmates or something. Kai wouldn't do anything like that. He won't even buy his hyungs food, what more me whome he rejected?"

"You're right, what was I thinking." Sulli said.

Henry suddenly received a text and he said "Guys, we have an urgent pack meeting tomorrow after school. All three packs will be there."

Minji's eyes widened with the term ALL three packs.

"All? It must be a really important meeting for the alphas to require everyone to be present. Henry, do you know what it is about?" Luna said.

Henry lifted his shoulders "I have no idea. My dad didn't tell me anything until now."

Everyone was busy trying to figure out what the sudden meeting is about.

On the other hand, Minji is too busy thinking of the possible scenarios that could happen tomorrow since Kai will be present at the meeting.

           After school Minji decided to take a run on the forest.

A good run always clears her mind and it helps her get some sleep at night because of her worn out energy (credits to the nurse).

She managed to reach the end of the forest and she came into a halt when her eyes spotted the boundary of the Silver pack.

She closed her eyes and inhaled the fresh air.

The soothing sound of the birds chirping and the sound of the wind colliding against the leaves of the trees relaxed Minji's soul.

She laid down the soft grade and placed her head on top of her paws.

She felt happy that she could somehow feel a tiny bit of drowsiness in her.

The forest is always a great place to take a short nap.

Just when Minji is about to fall into dreamland, a crack was heard.

It sounded like a tree branch breaking.

Minji suddenly grew alert and she stood up on her feet.

*What was that? Please don't let it be a rogue or a hunter.* Minji prayed.

She could fight but not that well.

If someone attempts to attack her, she will try to put on a fight but eventually fail.

Rogues are feisty creatures that roam around lands that are sometimes not theirs.

They attack when given the chance.

They have a common color for fur which is dark brown and their eyes are plain black, unlike wolves who usually have colors in their eyes.

Hunters are much worse because of their weapons but according her knowledge, hunters rarely travel along this area.

A few more cracking sounds could be heard and Minji is starting to hear footsteps that are quickly approaching her.

She wanted to run but anxiety glued her feet to the ground.

The bushes started to move and she knew that a creature will appear from it.

She prepared herself to attack since it's too late to run now.

When the creature finally appeared she lounged herself forward much like a reflex, then landed on top of the creature.

Minji and the creature rolled around the dirt and she heard a low whimper of pain from the creature.

She opened her eyes expecting to see an angry rogue but instead, she saw a pair of beautiful blue eyes.

Minji gasped and got off her awkward position.

Right in front of her is a beautiful wolf whose fur is a combination of white and shimmering silver.

[ Omo! I'm so sorry!]

The wolf stood up and shook the dirt off from his fur.

[It's fine, it's not like I roll on the dirt everyday anyway. It's a new experience.] he said.

His sense of humor felt dry but it made Minji smile.

[I'm still sorry though. I thought you were a rogue or a hunter.]

[What you did was good but next time just run and don't bother to attack. Rogues and hunters are a little hard to fight with.]

Minji blushed when she was reminded on how silly she looked while attacking the stranger wolf.

[Uhm...Are you from the silver pack? I don't remember you from any of the packs in our town.] Minji slightly tilted her head.

He was about to answer her when his sharp ears picked up a foreign sound.

[It smells like....rogue?!]

The mysterious wolf's eyes darkened with the thought of a rogue nearby.

[Miss, you have to run. Go westward and run fast.]

The wolf ran towards the east and a loud noise was heard after.

Minji panicked and ran as fast as she could back to her house.

When she is already in front of her house, she transformed back to her human self.

A wide smile never left her lips and the mysterious wolf might have been the cause.