He's my Mate?!

Rejected Mate

Author's POV
            "Happy Birthday Minji!!" A group of voice blasted on Minji's sleeping ears.

She mumbled some words before going back to dream land.

"Yah!! It's your birthday! You can't lie down all day!" Sulli said while tugging her feet.

Minji groaned and motioned all four of her friends to get out of her room, for it is only six in the morning.

Jinho, being the most mischievous boy in the group, grabbed his mate's waste and both of them laid down next to the sleeping Minji.

Sulli blushed with her mate's bold action, but she still hugged Jinho and kissed him on the cheek.

Minji's eyebrows knitted together and she slammed the pillow on the couple's faces "Yah~ Can't a girl have some sleep without you two making out beside me?"

Sulli blushed even more "yah! We were not making out!"

Jinho took the pillow and placed his head on top of it "I can't believe you don't want to wake up on your birthday. Minji! You are turning seventeen for crying out loud! This is the day when you will finally find your mate!"

With that thought being pushed on Minji's mind, she finally felt enlightened on the possible things that could happen today.

She could finally find her mate!

With her heightened wolf senses, she could finally smell her mate, feel the presence of her mate and in some cases even feel what her mate is feeling.

Minji shot out of her bed with this sudden realization.

Her eyes landed upon the entwined hands of Luna and Henry and their blushing cheeks.

Minji's eyes widened "Don't tell me..... Mates?"

Luna and Henry nodded and then looked into each other's eyes with so much love.

"Luna and Henry found out that they are mates just last night. When Luna and Henry both turned seventeen last week, Henry was in China so they only got to smell each other last night when Henry came back." Jinho explained while playing flappy bird using my phone.

"I already had the feeling that Henry was my mate but I wasn't too sure since I couldn't smell him yet. When I saw him last night and smelled the beautiful scent of winter melon, I knew exactly that he is my mate." Luna said with the blush never leaving her cheeks.

Minji couldn't help but to feel at aww with the new born couple.

Henry is a complete gentleman so he is perfect for the innocent Luna.

Minji wished that her mate will be a gentleman too like Henry or even more.

She would always make fantasies about her mate being a night in a shining armor.

She wished that her mate would love her unconditionally and would treat and like a princess, as if she is the most important girl in this world.

"I'm glad that you two finally found each other. My only concern left is that I am the only one left in our group who doesn't have a mate." Minji sulked a bit with the idea.

"Don't worry Minji, today you will finally have the chance to find your mate. We'll go to school, celebrate your birthday and after that hunt for your mate." Henry said much like what a future alpha would naturally say.

Minji nodded and went to the bathroom to change her clothes.

The location of her mate wouldn't leave her mind.

She knew that her mate is not among her pack members because she already knew the members of her pack so well.

There are only three guys that are around her age and these are Jinho, Henry(future alpha) and Jinho's older brother named Yunho.

All of them already found their mates.

*Maybe he's from the Dawn pack? There are a lot of mate less guys from that pack.*

There are three packs living in the Harbor town.

The first pack is the pack of Minji known as the river pack made up of five families.

They are one of the most peace loving packs in the country alongside with the second pack called the Dawn pack made up of seven families.

The third pack is the most feared pack in town, called EXO K.

They are made up of six families who are very prepared for any battle.

Each wolf from the EXO K pack could kill at least four rogues all at the same time.

              Minji and her friends are not really of high social status in school.

More specifically, their group is from the average social class.

Even if Henry and Jinho have the looks that could melt any girl, they still prefer to lay low and not mingle with the upper class.

They would refer the popular kids as the "attention " and they said that they would rather eat dirt than to belong with those kinds of people.

It is finally lunch time and the River pack kids made their way to the school garden to eat their lunch.

"Happy Birthday Minji! Happy birthday Minji! Happy Birthday Happy Birthday Happy birthday Minji!" Minji's friends happliy sang for her before she blows the chocolate birthday cake.

After all of the candles have been blown off and they all clapped their hands for Minji.

"Minji, could you sense your mate anywhere? Is he maybe one of the Dawn pack boys?"  Sulli pointed at seven boys who are playing dodge ball not too far from them.

Minji tried to sense each and everyone of them but no one stood out enough to be called her mate.

She sighed and shook her head.

Suddenly, a loud noise was heard from the soccer field.

All of the kids near the field searched for the noise and they saw the EXO K boys beating up a poor boy using soccer balls.

With them being fully trained wolves, they could even use soccer ball as a method for torture.

All of them played soccer normally but their aim is not the net, but instead it is the boy that is serving as the goal keeper.

Sehun kicked the ball hard and it aimed the boy's face which caused him to stumble down.

The boys laughed and gave each other a high five.

Minji's body cringed at the sight of the poor boy's bloodied face.

She looked around hoping a brave soul would stop EXO K from their gruesome act but no one would dare.

Human or not, all of them are too afraid to stand up and scold EXO K.

Exo K is the most popular group in the whole school, known best for their notorious acts.

The group is composed of Suho(future alpha), Kai (future beta), Baekhyun, Chanyeol, D.O and sehun.

Each of them represent the six families of the pack.

They are all heart breakers, jerks, vicious, good looking play boys and most of all strong wolves.

Even Henry looked wary because the last time he tried to stop EXO K, they didn't listen to him but instead they joined forces and threw him on the garbage can.

Henry is also good when it comes to battles but having to fight six boys with the same amount of strength as him is too much.

"AAHHHHH!!!" The poor boy who is being tortured screamed his lungs out after Kai kicked the ball and it hit his private part.

Minji felt weird after looking at Kai's smirking face.

*Winter Mint? He smells like winter mint.....Oh no...*

A tingling sensation crawled up on Minji's body as he met Kai's eyes.

Her heart started to beat faster and her palms started to sweat.

The feeling is a little uncomfortable but it feels magical as the butterflies started to swarm her stomach.

The hypnotizing scent of winter mint became stronger and Minji wanted to smell every bit of this alluring scent.

The feeling is very much the same as how her mother would describe it when she met her mate.

It is a perfect moment for Minji but one thing is not right.....Kai is her mate.

Kai is the future beta, second in command,  of EXO K and he is the worst Casanova in the group, even worse than the future alpha Suho.

Minji gulped the lump in as she process the situation and her eyes widened *Kai....is my mate?!?!*