Between Us

[DISCONTINUED] That's Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

BEAST - THE FACT

He sat in silent, pondering with the clouds above his head and merely questioned the nature if he did the right thing. Kyungsoo had always been like this, never that he made any decision alone. And for this time, his roommate himself gave the idea and he followed without hesitation. The tall boy had been giving out some tips that may sounded crazy at first, but not when he gave it a second thought. 

To left Sunri alone and let she dealt with anything about them in between until she waves the white flag and with that, he would utter the words out. It was absurd, at the first place, he knew it. And hearing it came from Chanyeol's mouth made he doubted the plan more than he did before. Kyungsoo was at the park when he made the stupid actions and eventually the supposed girl furiously stomped out across the lecture hall. He made no attempt to stop the girl, or even chase her but instead watched the shadow dissapeared from the view.

He bit his lips, thinking how about if Sunri took the 'joke' thing extremely serious than how he looked forward to ? Because if she did, then that would made he would be living in hell cause he knew, Sunri was that one of a kind stone-head girl, she'd gives more than she got. And what if she actually figured out the plan beforehand then quietly joined along too? Kyungsoo furiously shook his head, no, no. That girl wasn't stupid. As far as he noted, her head was actually full with witty tricks and undefinable charms. 

Felt like his stomach was grumbling like crazy, he lazily brought his feet into the small bakery in the town that both of them used to go. It was on evening hours but the fresh of baked buns and melted cheese were still there, and that made the monster inside him had woken up fully. He took a tray and slowly walked and eyed the brownish wooden shelves, not using the time hastily. He's awfully relaxed at the moment, when he supposed not to. 

The front door opened, a customer stopped by and he paid no attention at all but his hand froze upon hearing the familiar soft voice hummed to herself. The shadow walked pass by him and as if only mind to her business, she had her head stayed low but focus on her way. Sunri didn't noticed it, at all, instead made her usual smoothie order at the counter, waiting for it for few minutes while listened to her self-made favorite playlist, smiled at the waiter while paying for it and Kyungsoo left alone again.

Kyungsoo breathed out, steadied his body (and the mind) and chose whatever he could reach and paid for them quickly. He caught the well-known-to-his-eyes-and-heart of somebody's back flawlessly walking and looking friendless. At one time, the girl would took a sip from the cup, or looked in on a store or even took a sit on a vacant bench and tied the shoelaces. It was so random and Kyungsoo felt little bit like a ert who's eyeeing his victim from afar. But then he could do nothing, his feet suddenly felt so heavy, the mind wouldn't want to cooperate anymore. 

He's just like an erratic loser yet still wanted to stay in the battle when he got no weapons at all to fight back. Maybe that was how his sentiments judged the bond they had in between, it's just that only time would make it fair; sometimes it's works, the other time it fails. They were lacking in something, just like how the concrete and steel won't get connected easily. There must be a way, it's close and they could strive for it anytime but somehow the binds completely had it clouded from them.

Kyungsoo ascended the stairs with hawk-like eyes didn't broke even a second when he took the way. Sunri was at the opposite sidewalk of the road, while Kyungsoo was on the other side, solely strolled behind her and situated a few metres higher than the girl. The view of their apartment was finally clear on sight. He should had just ran toward her and spill the beans but he was weak and lack of words in bold. It was just a normal feeling, he liked her. And that's a lot, maybe overflowed because that was just like how he felt since the eyes met years ago. He didn't know which part of what scared him the most. He underlined the words, 'it was just a normal feeling,' but how did he was so hesitant about it? 

 

 

The first assignment from the newspaper team had got me on my nerves, I almost can't sleep. I didn't know if it was because I want to do well in the team or want to show off the skills I had. Or maybe just both because I honestly didn't know and clueless with my own self because this was probably the first time I felt collected and so worked up. Another good news, I instantly went on my knees and praised the God when the previous task was belatedly got accepted at the last minute. Although a week hadn't pass yet, I spent 48 hours straight to get it finished by then. I really didn't want to spent my study week doing the paperworks that was supposed to get submitted last few days ago.

Ahri was on the couch and I conquered almost 80% of the floor with my research stuffs and a laptop. But I wasn't paying attention to that fully tonight since the deadline was a month from now and the team leader himself said that don't rush the time and enjoy ourselves while on that. Both of us were bickering over the one piece that Ahri wanted to order online but still contemplated on which color she should go on. I said that her taste was lame and out of style and eventually she wasn't going to talk to me for 10 minutes.

"Chanyeol said something about Kyungsoo to me today." Ahri proposed and I remained silent.

She peeked over from the couch, which I noticed it from her shadow and she kicked my propped legs. I glared at her "what?"

She blinked and looked down at me, "well, nothing's new... but 'Kyungsoo fidgets a lot lately' was what Chanyeol said." I sighed, not buying it and the opposite side, minding on my own business.

She kicked my , "and asked a lot 'bout you. Both of them." 

"Say whatever you want to say. I'm deaf for the night." 

She said nothing and I remained still. For the past two days, that was the day after I walked out furiously from the study hall, I didn't even spare a thought about Kyungsoo and me. It was one of my knack, i kept myself busy and shut off myself from the world outside as I did my task and living as a normal human should be. The latter didn't say nothing as what we came out gradually entranged from each other. It was one of the easiest thing ever, he could talk it out, I could rattle it out on the spot or even both of us would make the things out better than how it had been.

As the time passed by, I realized that the communication between us out came out weak and lack of attention. Even if it had, maybe it was just once at one time or only one who talked the words out. I closed my eyes, now that the situation was a more calmer and quiet than before and Ahri was back to her phone and did her 'things'.

'We need to talk', was what my heart said but 'you would never do it', was what my mind said because it was true. We were friends all along and never thought things got tangled up in between. It was never complicated, nor the littlest enigma never grew bigger. They haven't call themselves a 'lover' yet they were keep distancing from each other everytime they had something flurry that were difficult to express. 

I got up and sat by myself. Ahri threw a look but ignored it a second after.  I tidied up my things around and decided t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter