Still

[DISCONTINUED] That's Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Crush - Sometimes

 

It turned out to be me who was grilling the meat on the pan while waiting for the pastries in the microwave to be heated. My stomach had been growling though, sniffed it of how good and inviting the smell those grilled cuts of meat and mushrooms. Earlier too, Ahri had been insisted to do it in the living room while we’re going to have the small feast of the night but Kyungsoo retorted it back, saying it had to do in kitchen, afraid that the oils came from the griller would spattered all over the fur mat. I smirked in triumph.

“Do you need any help with it?” A voice, which well-known here crept in the undersized kitchen.

I shook my head, but my eyes still focused on the pan. But, few moments later, I heard a little ruckus behind me and found out that Kyungsoo still wanted to do some works rather than let two hands busying alone, preparing for 4 mouths. He started to took out the fresh lettuce and others from the plastic bag and naturally made his way to the sink and did the job, apparently quite oblivious the way I had been sending looks to him in a while.

Seemingly, it was only me and Kyungsoo who occupied ourselves in the tiny kitchen when Ahri had been full of herself tonight, guessing that she had been showing off her limited skills with guitar and had Chanyeol to listened to every single thing that might cross her mind at the moment. I didn’t mind though, as long as she would clean up the dishes after the dinner but now, Kyungsoo who was the one who had been peeking over the living room, checking the two birds.

Half an hour later, we finished the chores when Chanyeol finally had the heart to check on both of us. Being a prick he was actually, he came to us when the grilling session was done, tasted almost half of it by himself and commented everything as if he had to and totally made Kyungsoo growled on his place when he said the lettuces were poorly washed and basically he went flittered around the unit, which was the same case as Ahri.

“Is it okay if the beer join us along?” Chanyeol asked the three of us when he was settling the table and others. I was in the kitchen, tidying the place before it would got mess after the dinner and barely caught his words but next I heard they were laughing, left me dumbfounded behind.

“You can’t drink beer?” Kyungsoo’s voice who suddenly beamed in the pantry surprised me, that I almost dropped the clamps. He laughed, which sounded too dearly for me, oddly, but I shook it off how ridiculous my mind was thinking at that time.

He smiled, “Sorry, but you really can’t drink?”

And being how weird I was tonight, I purposely ignored Kyungsoo while arranging the utensils back to its place and continuously walked around the small space without spared a glance toward him and a second I side-eyed him, he was actually fidgeting on the same place that I almost snorted. Cute.

I was about to fooling around the latter again but hearing how loud Chanyeol’s voice can be when calling us to the living room, I almost rolled my eyes hoping that he would have a high tolerance in alcohol. Or we’ll doomed. I tapped Kyungsoo’s back and playfully grinned at him which resulted him to formed a still stiff smile.

All of us encircled the wide coffee table with variety dishes on it. Chanyeol went back to the kitchen where there were another 2 plastics which I didn’t noticed it before. He brought up to the table where Kyungsoo started preparing the plates and other utensils by himself.

“How much you can drink?” Chanyeol asked when Kyungsoo was about to handed me the bowl rice bowl. I eyed the cans, which was the famous one beer I recognized with 5% alcohol in it.

“A glass, I think.” Chanyeol ceased his eyebrows and I assured him more saying that I didn’t mind if they’re going to get drunk tonight and be comfortable instead also I always be the one who take care of things outside if we’re going to drink on the other time and Ahri agreed with me.

 “Well, if that so.” Chanyeol said and poured everyone’s glasses full with the beer except one.

Next, the dinner continued eeringly quiet, which I found it was so weird when I almost had the thought of I might going to have a super hyper dinner in my life. As far as I noticed too, I felt that Ahri also had been shifting the way she supposedly sat on, probably sensed how odd the air. I took a deep whiff which it turned out to be as loud as the air-conditioner, gained Chanyeol’s attention.

“Why is everyone not talking?” Ahri broke the silence when I was about to make a wrap for myself, agreeing quietly in my head. Chanyeol side-eyed the other latter, in between him and me who had been focusing on his food rather than noticing  the situation, as the three of us did. Chanyeol coughed, earned the both of us eyes on him and a moment later he mouthed, ‘don’t talk, he might bite you.’

I almost choked on the meet I was chewing at that time, when Ahri harshly elbowed me under the table and grifted her teeth, “you’re dead now.” At first I didn’t fully caught what Chanyeol delivered to us at that time but then my eyes caught Chanyeol did the action of a zipped lips. I nodded to him. Chanyeol handed us the glasses of beer and he handed me the glass with a less amount of beer not like others.

 I furrowed eyebrows at him when he playfully winked at me, “well, we can’t get the four of us knock off at the same time, you can’t drink as well. So why not?”

I chastised back, “No, no. I can take it well, I guess. I mean for tonight.”

But, I heard another firm command the time when Chanyeol was about to pour the beer in my glass, “Stop right there.”

Chanyeol looked at Kyungsoo, who gazed at the glass I w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter