Soft Zephyr

[DISCONTINUED] That's Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Smokey Robinson - Quiet Storm

 

"Sunri..."

It’s kinda freezed the time, making the world stopped from functioning well for a while once you heard of that one voice greeted you. You don't want to turned your back, to look who greeted you because physically and mentally, you were not ready yet to face with him but you have to.

"You better walk fast now Sunri-"

Your mom who you thought already  made her way into the house, turned her back to see you already standing side by side with...

"Oh my God! Is that you....."

Your mom almost ran to Kyungsoo when she saw him standing beside you. She gave Kyungsoo a warm-hearted hug and was totally engrossed with her own world as she discovered and staring excitedly of Kyungsoo's face and features.

"What's your name again, dear? Oh my God, you've grown a lot. And.... wait....." Your mom turned around to look at you, "and how come both of you already meet up... here? Did you guys already planned this before?"

You almost lost your balancy when your mom stated her ridicoulous self-proclaimed about you two. Both of you and Kyungsoo denied it strongly because from your point of view, obviously your mom already got her weird thoughts playing inside her.

"No, wait mom-"

"It's not like that-"

 

"Is that you Mr. Nam?"

Kyungsoo's father was peeking from inside of the house as obviously your mom had (or almost done) with creating some hoo-ha outside of the house. And luckily, he saved the awkward situation before. Both of you let out a relieved sighs as your mom already had her attention moved to Kyungsoo's parent. But your mom still can’t get enough of you two as she heard of your sighs and gives you a 'I'll-ask-you-later-once-we-reach-home' kind of look. You rolled your eyes and realized that there was still Kyungsoo fairly standing besides you. 

"Come in! Come in! Oh my dear my old friend, it's been so long for us!" Kyungsoo's parent invited all in to the house. Kyungsoo was still 'talking' to his miserable thoughts as he was left behind and walking in his self-grace world while you made your way, trying to caught up your parent, to walk with them.

Kyungsoo's mom recognized you once you step inside of the house and without giving any signal, she suddenly gave you a tight hug (which she thinks it's a friendly hug) and almost making you gasped for an air and it made you tapped her back, asking for a life. 

She fondled your hair lovingly and caressed your shoulders, "you are beautiful, Sunri. It's been so long we've not seeing each other and I missed you so much!" She hugged you again and this time you faced Kyungsoo and he recognized your 'gasping-for-an-look'. He flashed you a sorry smile, tapped her mom and whispered to her mom, "mom, she's almost dying because of you". And unfortunately you heard that. 

"Oh my God sorry dear." She turned to Kyungsoo, "and why are you here?" She questioned Kyungsoo with her furrowed eyebrows on. "I asked you to threw the trash earlier didn't I?"

Kyungsoo nodded to it, "I've done it and I met with them first earlier on the outside."

Kyungsoo's mom just nodded to his quite relevant answers. Coming inside of his house didn't surprised you like your reaction when you just arrived of his house earlier. It such a pleasure-seeking cause the house was wisely designed and embellished with all kinds of decorative art objects. Plus with the furnitures and features inside and outside of the house are all comfortable rather than luxurious and some of them were decorated in a slightly offbeat way. Hanging pictures frames of Kyungsoo's family can be seen on the walls too.

“Come, come! Oh my God it’s been so long for all of us, right dear?” Kyungsoo’s mother nudged her husband to join her welcome greeting and he responded by just nodded to it while his mother still continuosly looking at you like you were the lottery of the day that she just got and almost making you feel uncomfortable with it. Kyungsoo who just stood by the main door and noticed your uncomfortable facial expression, walked to you and gave you a warm tap on your back making you slightly surprised by that.

His father took you and the rest to the main living room while his mom who was still can’t controlled her excitedness(should I mention that both of your mother and his mother got the same personalities) walked towards to the kitchen to asked the maids to prepare for the dinner.

It’s a lovely, beamed and designed well living room with vintage-wallpapers on bringing you to the next level of such a Western-taste with two giants and one solo sofas, an antique and quite large coffee table with 42-inch smart TV pasted on. Together with it’s unique setting and comfy leather sofas to sink into, the atmosphere is sophisticated yet relaxed enough.

So apparently Kyungsoo’s father took the solo one, while your parent already sat on one of the giant sofa. Without thinking any longer, you just sit on the giant sofa that was placed in front of your parent. While your parent and his father are talking and chatting together, leaving you behind and you just realized that Kyungsoo was still standing with his visible face expression pasted on ‘should-I-sit-or-not’.

Seeing that there’s only an empty sit beside you, you tapped the seat while looking at Kyungsoo to asked him to sit beside you. Then there’s he came and obviously Kyungsoo sat beside you with his hesitation on, making the situation of both of you more awkward because there was still 25-cm distance in between. You almost snorted with a laughter because Kyungsoo was making you looked alike he was sitting besides a witch. Luckily Kyungsoo’s mother called for the dinner, saved the situation.

 

Kyungsoo P.O.V

Thanks mom.

I was about to open a conversation with Sunri earlier but nah there’s dinner. Seeing Sunri’s appearances tonight making my cheeks to redden a little as she wore a simple yet well-cut cute peach dress that quite short (to me) and bringing the other different side of her. It was the first time I saw she was wearing outfit like that than her forever skinny-jeans and simple t-shirts or hoodies that she always wears on college.

So here the same situation comes. Dad took the head chair of the dinner table. Mom took a seat on the left while Sunri’s parent already sat on the left one. Sunri too just took a seat besides mom and I was pondered for awhile cause there’s two empty seat on both of the sides. Thinking that it’ll be awkward for me to sit beside her parent, so without thinking any longer I took a sit beside Sunri which making the situation more worse than it shouldn’t be as mom started to look at me with her flirty look on with an obvious caption plastered on her face, ‘ooooooo first move son’.

Ignoring my mom, I took a look of tonight’s menus that were made by mom and Chae Young noona earlier. Even the visuals were enough making a fuss in my stomach. With Chae Young’s skillfuls hands in cooking together with a graduated mom in culinary, there’s beef mix vegetable rice bibimbap as the main, following with dumplings, tofu with fermented cabbage and sautéed chicken gizzards as the appetizers, with beef and vegetable been stew as the soup and sweet syrup pancakes as the dessert of the night. Sure all of these are worth mouth-watering.

Silence enveloped the dining hall as everyone were starting to munched on their foods and it quite giving me a warm peace as earlier everyone were too excited, like to talking and greeting to each other nonstop.

Dad broke the silence as he’s starting to talk about the current issues and his business matters with Sunri’s father while the other 2 women continued gossiping of nothing I would know about it and both of us still remained immutable. Thinking back that I still didn’t got a chance to talk to Sunri earlier, so I am kind of playfully touched her by using the end of my fingertips to start the chat. And from my point of view, in Sunri’s case, she might didn’t believe that I was the one who touched her earlier and she turned to me along with her never-ending eyebrows on.

“Are all okay?” I asked her in a whisper as the situation in the dining hall are surprisingly getting quiet and warm.

Sunri just nodded to it and making my lips to cracked on into a warm smile on my face and continued eating her foods, leaving me with a soft pink blush on my cheeks as it’s funny how I was regaining all my energy to talk to her earlier and it ended up the conversation became for about only 6 seconds when I thought we can continue to chatting and laughing all night long.

 

All night long my . I was about to pee in my pants earlier.

 

“So both of you were placed in the same class?” Dad starting to changed his attention toward us as his talks with Sunri’s father was about to come to an end.

I was about to wait for Sunri’s responds to it but seeing that she was too immersed with the food so I nodded to dad with a smile while the other responded to it with a formed ‘O’ on their lips.

“Aigoo, seeing both of you had grown up this prettily making me feels old already. How fast time flies, aren’t honey?”

“I know right? Supposed to be both of us got few grandchildren running around already. Aigoo and-“

Sunri splashed out the juice that she just drank making her coughing a little.

I dropped my spoon and stay steadfast on my seat.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter