First Times

[DISCONTINUED] That's Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Infinite - Can You Smile

 

Looking at times like this, it felt like our orientation week a month ago played again in my head. How the audiences started to swarmed the stage when Chanyeol heated up the hall. But the chill between now and then were different as this was not some sort of fun stage to be play with, to cheer on in an excitable way. I could saw how Kyungsoo's adam apple started to moved up and down in a rapid way, how he tried to dried his sweaty hands against his slack, those countless amount of water he drank for his throat and how many times he slightly his lips.

"Look at how nervous he is now." Ahri spoke as she already took Kyungsoo's seat beside me right after the said boy was called up to get stand-by behind the stage. Not that behind though, I can almost saw all the actions came from him, how the air around thickened him with unspeakable tension.

"What song?" At first, I didn't heard Ahri too well as the current contestant which was a girl who obviously was trying hard to show people how high her high note but it turned out sounded too annoying and almost blocked my ears. Dear God. But then I felt a hard nudge on my elbow and turned to Ahri who didn't got her reply awhile ago. 

"What?" I asked her with a pitch higher than my usual voice would be. I swore I almost cursed in my head as I saw the earlier girl was still trying to showcased another talent of her with playing the flute. Dear Heaven.

"What song?" Ahri whispered to me when she finally caught where my gaze had went to. I shook my head, telling her I didn't know because I believed what kind of song it would be, Kyungsoo would never dissapoint people who's going to listen to it. It's his hobby and I can see how passionate he can be, he would shine brighter than he can ever be.

The girl (finally) finished her stage and the judges started wrote down the evaluation on the given papers with shooks on the head, probably almost getting done with the audition. The on-charge MC sensed how tense the air in the room, now was trying to lifted up the mood with his crack jokes of everything that would passed by his mind at the moment.

A minute later, Kyungsoo's full name can be heard in all over the room when the MC called up his name and passed another microphone to Kyungsoo. How nervous he can be or I wondered if it was just me in that moment that I saw how he walked on the stage in a very slow motion. 

He began talked, "hi. I'm Do Kyungsoo. First year student from Law department." Kyungsoo finished up his short intro and sent a quick glance toward the MC also the judges in front of him whether he should start up now or how. Nods were given and that was when his demo played through the speakers.

He started singing and how soothe, in a charming way, his voice can be at the moment that I can almost hear soft gasps behind me. Oh and also sincere praises airing in the room. Having stunned over that performance, I almost can't felt how tight Ahri's grip on my free arm.

He ended his stage 3 minutes and half after. Later, the judges also gave Kyungsoo a random additional 2 minutes if he has anything he would want to show next. The boy later shook his head as he said that it was the only he could prepared for today and also said some self-confidence words like he will work harder even if the band asks him to play any instruments, he will do it. That left the whole people in the room whoo-ed him and also, a big appalause which I bet the loudest clap of hands I ever heard since I had been in the medium-sized room.

 


Chanyeol suggested that we have to celebrate which I don't know which part of 'we have to' and called it as a 'new formed group' dinner since there were another two additional people aside us three. But then I realized we were waiting for our pizzas at this one quite famous Italian's restaurant. Ahri can't join this small celebratory so there were Kyungs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter