Untold

[DISCONTINUED] That's Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Jasmine Thompson - Halo

 

Grunts and groans were heard once the professor of the subject gave us a pile of homeworks, in term of a mountain of assignments  to be finished it by the end of the month. But it was okay for you as this would be the first official college’s works ever since you enrolled.

“Alright dudes, stop frowning. Get into your partner and start working together and if possible, I would like to see one or two drafts of it before you hand to me the formal one. And it’s by the end of this week.”

It’s Wednesday, good. 4 days to go.

You heaved out a deep sigh. That was actually the hardest part, which you have to work more with Kyungsoo. And it was not like Kyungsoo was irrirated person to spent your time with, but it’s more like ‘I really have to spend more time with him even on weekend’ kind of scenery.

Well, if it’s good for us two.

The professor started to wrote down the confirmed titles for the class on the board which resulted the class to let out a very loud and unpleasant sighs. It needed too much work to spent on, quite numerous places and people to meet on and with.

Glad it was the last class for today, except if your mind turned you down and who knows unknowingly your feet would brought you to the main door of your college’s library. While pulled out your smartphone from the back pocket, your eyes inwardly trailed to Kyungsoo, which seated near by your side, who was still engaged on the assignments and still wrote down all the possible methods that could used on the assignments.

And it felt like the phone knew how to work  by itself when the moment you lighted it up, a message came in. Taehyung really meant what he said yesterday, or he could possibly be bored to spent his spare time alone in that spacious house.

‘Are you free at  1.30 p.m? I’ll pick you up if you’re not.’

Peeking over the current time, it’s actually half an hour to meet Taehyun at the Centre Park if you’re not really plan to sit your on a chair in the library. Seeing there was nothing to do (apart from the school works of course), you could actually spend your evening with Taehyun to somewhere plus it’s not like it’s the daily thing that you would waste your time on.

You typed, ‘okay’ as the reply to him along with ‘I’ll wait you near at the Centre Park’, and quickly, not hastily packed your things into your backpack and the hustled sound came from it brought back Kyungsoo to the reality, leaving him with knitted eyebrows on.

Oh, a quick explanation.

“Taehyun is going to pick me around lunch, it is okay to you?” Wait, why did I sounded so…

“No, I mean, maybe we could start our project during the lunch? Tom- tomorrow mayb- maybe?” Why the hell I stuttered...

His lips inwardly smiling which you found as it was weird and why on world he was smiling over the rushed group project and he shoved that thoughts away, replied with a nod, “alright sure. Be safe.”

You were almost acting awkwardly while making your way out of the class while thanking God you weren’t stumbled on your own feet with your mind still processing why did he was so bright and smiley over that. You were walking passed the gym hall until you heard this one familiar laughs, no, it was two actually. And it’s totally not your style that you would peek over somebody’s business until you heard someone was calling your best friend’s name, and it sounded so cheerful and... he was panting.

What the heck.

Your feet was about to get out from the freaky situation, thinking or maybe not to care about the situation plus there were billions of Ahris was born but the heart was feeling so wrong and, no. This is totally, like really not good. It was not decided on that moment whether you had to barged into the hall or not  until but the hand moved itself as you were about to pushed the main gym door but it was opened first from the inside followed by your phone was ringing right on the time.

Crap. Ahri knew my ringtone.

“Sunri?” Ahri was in fully-cloathed the same as she was this morning on that time she greeted you. Peeking inside, there was Chanyeol who was still had his run on the treadmill, still panting with a bottle in his hand, looking stupidly as he was trying to drink from it. Multitasker wasn’t he? Plus, they were not alone though. There were also few unrecognizable faces who were still enjoying the facilities in the hall. Well, thank God.

“O-oh yes?” At that time, you swore to God. Stuttering all of sudden isn’t your type.

Ahri turned around her back while inwardly changing glances with Chanyeol, who seemed to felt the atmosphere in the hall changed as well. But luckily the people were still not minding what the heck was going on. And it felt like it's late too lied to Ahri and Chanyeol that you were going to use the gym when there were two or three books in your hand and you were perfectly in your study-mood attire. Your left eyes were twitching, signing this wasn't good and who knows that you were still awkwardly smiling, finding a way to get out from this.

"If you are thinking that we were doing some innappropiate bussiness here, then turn your back back honey. I'm still keeping well my hormones to Jo In Sung." Ahri nonchalantly brought your body just few steps away from the gym, thinking that maybe Chanyeol would set the gym on fire if he knows what you were thinking, like Ahri. 

 

MFBTY’s Sweet Dream lightened up back the tense situation with you pulled out your phone from your back pocket and took the call. Glad Taehyun was already around the college and you greeting byes to Ahri and Chanyeol and quickly paced out from the gym hall.

It was actually took 5 minutes from the building to Centre Park if you didn't planned to drop by at the gym but in a just few seconds you were about to reach at Taehyun's Car, pleased to saw there was your brother who was leaning against his car while talking to…

“Kyungsoo?” The both of them turned around to look at you with Taehyun’s lips gently formed a smile and Kyungsoo who was standing on his edgy state. Taehyun promptly greeted you with a quick hug and a kiss on the top of your head and turned back to Kyungsoo, telling him that we’re on a short time and got to go before he patted Kyungsoo’s back and started the car’s engine.

And it was quite awkward for you to actually gave him a wave (but you did it anyway) before Taehyun’s car darted away from the college’s surround.

“His name is Kyungsoo, right?”

You hummed to him before sipped his remaining Americano and quick checked your appearance on his side mirror before turned back your eyes on the way. And the air in the car turned silent again until you clicked on the radio button while connected it to your phone.

“What did you chatted earlier?” Your eyes were still on your phone, searching for your favourite songs to play on the shuffle, waiting for Taehyun’s respond.

“Nothing. He is nice.”

Well, obviously and apparently. D.ear’s If was playing with Taehyun hummed along to the song. “Well, he is nice. And good. And nice. And before you continued, “wait, you know this song?”

“You said nice two times and kid. Did you forgot that I was the one who told you about the whole songs in the album?”

You pouted and muttered nothing under your breath. It's normal for the both of you to share each other favourites, or likes or everything that could actually change your sullen to the highest mood of the day real quick. From the childhood memories to the ranking of the rated movies and everything. And even when Taehyun was still in oversea, the worldwide can’t ever, like ever separated the Nams. And speak homestly, Taehyun was the first to your everything after Ahri and both of your parent. There is no similiraty between the two of you but that could change in a few seconds once different preference voiced out from two of you.

The bond, you smiled.

Hald an hour passed by, you realized that your eyes didn’t familiar with the new place that Taehyun had brought you. Didn’t bother to ask, the shuffle changed to Pierce The Veil’s Million Dollar Houses. Wow, that was quick.

The car continued moving until the vision turned to dark. It was the carpark’s basement of… wait, this is not a mall. Or hotel. Or any expensive 5-star restaurant that sometimes Taehyun would pampered you.

“Is this… wait.” You turned to looked at the back, and plainly there was no car around, searching for a parking. Besides the were many spaces to choose to park on.

“A hospital?” Your eyebrows jolted altogether before slowly turned to Taehyun who was still enjoying the music with eyes on the road searching for a possible vacant parking nearest to the lift.

“There is something I want to show you.”

 

It was not ‘something’. Taehyun brought you to the highest floor of the hospital with two plastics full of fruits and there were a few of vitamin bottles that he bought earlier before picked you up at the college. You walked all along, trailed behind him until he came to a halt and few seconds you realized that he was actually peeking into this one specifically room, and there was a girl who was enjoying reading a random novel that your eyes caught the title of the book, ‘I was Born to be Strong.’

That was...

“Her name is Dahye. Kwon Dahye.” Taehyun steadily sat on the chair that was placed for the visitor outside the room. He brought your hand after, and you sat beside him while still trying to comprehend with the situation that was new to you, somehow.

Taehyun sighed after but still managed to form a pine smile and continued, “she was my best friend during the high school days. In my university too. Things were getting all well until she was passed out during the night that I was about to-“

 

“Oh, Taehyun-ssi? You come quite early today.” The in-charge nurse, you bet, noticed Taehyun right at the corridor when she was about to walked pass the way. And it seemed like Taehyun’s face's so similar to he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter