Butterflies

[DISCONTINUED] That's Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Banks - Warm Water

 

The next day it went a bit uneventful to me where I walked to the morning class by myself, surprisingly. Kyungsoo already received a call last night where he had to go for a meeting this morning. Maybe an introduction or something close to that.

I took an apple and a tiny bottle of fresh banana milk as my breakfast this morning. Thinking that I would have it this morning while walking isn't a bad idea either. I was walking blankly but still in a good state and still had half a bit toward my college. Earlier I was contemplating though what to do at this early hour since my first class will start at the middle of the day, so I suggested in my head 'what about a single walk on the familiar street with an apple in my hand along the wind brushes pass by me and messing with my hair'?

And I said yes, in my head. 

Not until I saw this one cute white poodle, barked toward my way. I saw its necklace wiggled freely around its neck. And as if it was the natural thing to do, the dog stopped in front of me and had the stars glimmered in its eyes. 

"Hey cutie." I kneeled down and crouched infront of the dog while playing with its silky fur and in a second I already had him in my arms and stood up. The little boy seemed to like it and started to me on all over my face. I laughed and swiftly held him up and pictured him with the background of today's holy sky. 

"And where are you from?" The poodle woofed as if really wanting to tell me where he was from. Until I heard a husky voice, answered on the dog's behalf.

"Seems like my dog really knows how to entertain lonely people like you at this early." I did noticed though the amazed tone in his voice and turned to look who was it. 

Because it sounded so familiar yet so dimmed in my memory book of life.

"I'm sorry but-"

"You looked like-"

Unconsciously, we both said it at the same time. With my pointed finger toward him while the other had an awkward hand scrathing his neck. 

"Do I look familiar to you?" He asked me first when I was about to ask him the same thing. Without any fair cue, I stifled a smile and quietly laughed it in my mind because I always had this one habit when I watch some greasy-cheesy drama when the casts always bumped with one another and eventually getting well with another.

Can't believed that was actually happened to me, at the moment.

"Right! You are the coffee boy!" I first brought it up but the boy was still clueless with what was happening until his dog barked at him. 

"Oh, I am so sorry. This boy always has his own imaginary world when I was enjoying my life alone until I finally let it go on its way, unaccidently." Daehyun, who finally I remembered his name said while kneeled down to get his poodle. 

I said it was okay and showed him my sincere admiration, saying that little thing is freakly adorable. Not until he brought it again, did he knew about me from somewhere. I took a quick look on his appearance before and noticed he did not with his usual barista outfit.                    

Looking that he was still oblivious with my name— or rather overall about me to be honest, I decided to shut my lips before saying anything and let him take a guess first. 

 


Guess I was wrong. Or more like I was the one who started revealed first who I am. Previously he asked me where I was heading until I told him with a sign language that I was heading to college. And as if the angels above knocked some sense into his head, he clapped his hands with 'ahh' escaped his mouth, loudly. Or, he almost screamed his lungs out.

He quickly, in a some awkward guilty manner, bowed to some people who were in the same line as us. Unknowingly, I realized that I was not alone this morning because Daehyun unconsciuosly followed me until his phone was ringing.

He stopped his track for awhile making me froze mine as well. Taking in what kind of tone he used to talk at that time, sounded like someone was rushing him back to get his back to some place, somewhat.

"I am so sorry but I have to go back to cafe." I was right all along. Daehyun threw me a sheepish smile as well a sorry twinkle stars dancing in his eyes telling me he was sincerely apologizing. 

"No, it's okay. Go ahead." I told him and kneeled down to say goodbye to Daebak, the toy poodle. At first I didn't know what kind of reaction I should react few minutes ago when he told me his dog's name. And what kind of human he was in naming that cute medium-sized toy poodle with Daebak?!

I just smiled to it and almost stuttered with my words, "what a strong name." I said. He proudly bragging more and storied that his kind of choice with naming with that name was the bestest conclusion he got and told that Daebak was kinda liked it too. He jumped and barked at his name was mentioned.

I threw a sympathetically look under my eyes, near to my feet, poor you cutie little furry thing. 

Later, after Daehyun finally made his way back to the cafe (and after repeatedly reminding me to come by his cafe this weekend) ,I quickly walked toward my campus, realized that the little talk with Daehyun almost ate my morning free time. My apple too was still in my grip, half eaten. I threw it into the dustbin thinking I won't be able to finish it as it'll get moldy plus, my class's going to start soon. 

I took a seat that was not too close with the lecturer seeing like I will be alone th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter