Chapter 8

Dream

Lee Ji-Eun´s POV

After I went to the library to finish my essay, the bell rang for second period, so I walked back to class. I then walked in with Suzy asking me “Did you finish your essay?”

“Yead, I did” I said to her as Hong Ki suddenly appeared next to me putting his arm around me and kissing me on the cheek saying “Hey love”.

“Oh god I feel like I´m going to throw up” I thought to myself when I heard him say that.

Suzy was surprised to see him calling me that and everyone in the class was looking at me, especially his so called fan club girls.

“Are you guys dating?” Suzy asked with a surprised look on her face.

“Yeah…” Hong Ki said to her right away. The fan club girls hearing him say “Yeah” start feeling angry, so they walked up to us and pulled me away from him. They started grabbing on his jacket asking “Oppa, are you really dating her?”

“Yes, and stop clinging on to me!” he said to them straight.

They stepped away from him, crossed their arms and started asking “What do you like about her? She´s ugly!”

“No, the only ugly girls around here are you guys!” he said to them looking really serious.

The teacher then came into class banging his book on the table “Quiet down! And get to your seats!”

Everyone then sat back at their tables. As class went on, I tried to concentrate in class but unfortunately I couldn’t. Why? Because the fan clubs girls kept giving me deadly glares. “Just great! They´re not going to leave this lying down and that´s for sure” I thought to myself feeling miserable all of a sudden.

Once classes finished I saw the girls lifting up ready to give me a headache, when suddenly Lee Hong Ki grabbed my hand saying “I´ll walk you home”

“Will you let go of my hand?” I whispered angrily at him. “Do you want me to help you or not?” he whispered back to me. “God! I hate my life!” I thought to myself as I just went along with him.

As we were walking he then asked me “Where do you live?”

“In a house” I said to him smiling.

“You´re going to act smart with me aren’t you?” he said snickering.

“You´ll see when we get there” I said to him as we kept on walking. Once we arrived he looked at me and said “That reminds me, give me your phone”

“why?” I asked him.

“Because If you’re going to be my girlfriend, I´m going to need to call when I need you, so give me your phone” he said to me as I then gave him my phone.

“Ok, done” he said to me as he gave me back my phone saying “See you tomorrow then” as I went inside the house. I went directly to my bedroom and sat on my bed to check the number.

When I checked it I saw that he had put “handsomeHongki” I just started laughing from the name he had put for him. “Like hell I´m going to keep it like this” I mumbled to myself as I quickly changed the caller ID to “Stupid Jerk”.

“Ji-Eun! Come and eat!” I heard my mom calling. So I quickly went to eat my dinner and after I had eaten I went to bed, suddenly remembering what Hong Ki had said to the girls “The only ugly girls I see around here are you girls!”

“I wonder if he really thinks I´m pretty…” I thought to myself.

“Naah, he most probably just said that to make them believe that we were actually dating” I thought to myself as I then tried to fall asleep.

Nobody´s POV                 

In the next morning when JI-Eun woke up, got dressed and had her breakfast, she walked out the house ready to go to school. But the moment she walked out she saw Lee Hong Ki standing next to the gate of the house.

“What are you doing here?” she asked him.

“I´m here to walk you to school” he said to her.

“Wow, you’re really taking this fake relationship serious” Ji-Eun said to him laughing.

“Of course, I have to make it believable” he said to her as they walked to school together. Once they got there he sat at his table while she sat in hers. “So you guys are really dating?” Suzy asked her.

“It´s not what you think, I´ll explain it later” Ji-Eun said to her with a low voice.

“Oh OK” she said to Ji-Eun as she turned forward since the teacher had just walked in ready to start science class.

Once science class finished Suzy and Ji-Eun went to have their lunch at the schools garden since it was a hot sunny day. They then sat on the grass under the tree.

“So are you guys really dating?” Suzy asked her again.

“It´s really not what you think… He said he would help me with my singing if I became his fake girlfriend” Ji-Eun explained to her.

“Oh so that´s what´s going on… But you do realize those girls aren´t going to give you a peaceful life, right?” she said to Ji-Eun as she ate her rice balls.

“I know…” she said to Suzy as she ate her fried shrimp and looked at the deep blue sky thinking “I wonder what it´s going to be like from now on…”