Chapter 21

Dream

“I´ll go call the school, you need to rest” her mother said to her as Lee Ji-Eun opened her eyes and grabbed her mother’s hand “I´m fine, Omma… besides I have to go today, I have an exam”

“Are you sure?” her mother asked her worriedly.

“Yes…” Ji-Eun said to her.

“Ok, but if you think you can´t handle it, call me, ok? I´ll come pick you up” Her mother said to her with a worried expression as she walked out the door mumbling “I have to go buy some cold medicine”.

Lee Ji-Eun´s POV

As I got up from my bed really slow, I quickly got dressed and put my books in my school bag. I walked out of the house and I could see a boy standing against the wall, right beside my gate.

“Lee Hong Ki?” I thought to myself with a smile starting to rise on my face, my heart feeling lighter, I was so happy that I walked faster out of the house and when I looked to the side the feelings that I was feeling vanished into thin air.

Kang Min Hyuk was standing there looking at me with a smile so I smiled back at him “Why do I feel like you suddenly got disappointed when you saw me?” he asked.

“No, Uhmm… let´s get to school” I said to him coughing my lungs out.

“Are you ok? You don´t look so good” he said to me getting all worried.

“I´m fine, just caught a small cold” I said to him as he took a strawberry flavored lollypop out of his pocket and gave it to me saying “Here it´ll make you feel better” with a cute smile.

“Do you always hang around with candy in your pockets?” I asked him, when he then looked at me smiling saying “Yeah, I like candy”

When we got to school Min Hyuk took me to my classroom and then left. So I quickly entered and sat at the table “What´s wrong? You look really pale” Bae Suzy said to me after she had turned around.

“I caught the flu, but I´ll get better really soon” I said to her smiling as the teacher walked in to the classroom with the exams in his hands “Everyone! Turn to the front!” he said as he passed by each and everyone one of us giving us the tests.

“If you copy, your exam will be confiscated!” Said the Korean teacher, loud and clear as he kept walking around, to see if anyone would try to cheat. I tried to concentrate, but it was hard. 

My head was in so much pain, I could really feel the migraine, and the more I concentrated the blurrier my vision would get, so I shaked my head once or twice, and the blurry feeling went away.

Lee Hong Ki´s POV

While I was doing my exam I couldn´t really concentrate seeing Lee Ji-Eun so white as if she was really sick. I even kept thinking the whole time “I need to apologize to her”.

After the 1st period exams finished I saw Bae Suzy and Lee Ji-Eun walking out of the class, so I quickly went after her to apologize, but both of them suddenly disappeared in between the rest of the other students that were passing through the schools corridor.

Nobody´s POV

While Suzy and Ji-Eun ate, Suzy told Ji-Eun that she couldn´t spend the long break with her because she was going to the library to study for the other exam.

So Ji-Eun went to the bathroom after she ate, while Bae Suzy went to the library. While Lee Ji-Eun was in the bathroom washing her hands Hong Ki´s fan club girls suddenly appeared standing behind her.

Ji-Eun noticed as she looked at the mirror, so she turned around to leave and tried to ignore them, but the girl in the middle put her hand on her shoulder saying “Where do you think you´re going?”

As the three of them dragged Ji-Eun to the third floor in to one of the unused classrooms. When Ji-Eun was thrown to the floor she saw two other girls in there that apparently also belonged to their fan club.

Three of the girls then grabbed Ji-Eun forcefully and tied her to a chair as the school bell for second period rang. “It´s done, Min” Fei said to her.

The five of them surrounded her as Ji-Eun feeling really weak asked “Why are you doing this?”

“Don´t act like you don´t know” Fei said to Ji-Eun.

“You´ve been dating Hong Ki plus Min Hyuk, I´m guessing our Hong Ki doesn´t seem to be enough for you…” Jia said to her with her hands crossed.

“You know, we´ve been holding it in for quite a while. And you´re kind of ticking me off!” Min said angrily at her as she looked at Krystal and said “Go fetch it”

“Fetch what?” Ji-Eun thought to herself worriedly as Min walked up to her smirking, saying “It´s about time you actually get a taste of us”

Krystal then came back, with scissors and two bats in her hands, giving a bat to Fei and Min, and the scissors to Jia while Krystal recorded the whole thing and Luna watched over the classroom to see if anyone appeared.

Min swung the bat backwards and hit it really hard on her right leg, with Ji-Eun screaming from the pain.

“Well that felt good” Min said smiling as Fei then looked at Ji-Eun saying “This is for Lee Hong Ki!” as she banged the bat on her shoulder. Ji-Eun started crying from the pain, as Jia cut and tore her shirt many times.

“Aww she´s crying… Don´t worry this will only hurt a little” Min said sarcastically as she constantly banged the bat on Ji-Eun along with Fei.

Ji-Eun was already bleeding everywhere, feeling every inch of her body aching more than it was. Min angrily then goes towards Ji-Eun lifting her chin up saying “Goodnight, sweet heart! Next time don´t miss with us” as she banged her bat really hard on Ji-Eun’s head.

The five of them then untied her letting Ji-Eun fall on to the floor unconsciously, as they then walked out of the classroom saying “I think she got the point”

Lee Hong Ki´s POV

Once the bell had rung I headed back to class, Bae Suzy was there but Ji-Eun wasn´t so I thought maybe she´s just running late. Half an hour had passed and she still hadn´t arrived so I called for Bae Suzy.

She then turned to me and I asked her with a low tone of voice “Where is Ji-Eun?”

“I don´t know, maybe she´s in the infirmary since she´s feeling sick today” Suzy said to me as she turned back to the board.

After class finished it was time to go home so I quickly ran to the infirmary asking the nurse “Was a girl named Lee Ji-Eun in here a while ago?”

But the nurse had said that no girl had come in today. “Where did she go?” I kept wondering as I went to look for her. She wasn´t in the first floor and neither in the second, I went through each and every classroom but she wasn´t anywhere near these two floors.

“That´s weird… she couldn´t possibly be in the third floor…” I thought to myself as I went up the stairs and looked in each classroom, and the only classroom left was the abandoned classroom.

I went to check if she was there, and when I opened it, I saw Ji-Eun laying there bleeding, with her clothes all torn and cut, she had bruises all over her. Worried I ran towards her going on my knees, she was completely knocked out.

“Ji-Eun! Wake up, come on!” I repeatedly called her name trying to wake her up but she simply wouldn´t open her eyes, she was running I really high fever, I could feel it just from touching her pale skin.

“I have to get you to the hospital!” I mumbled worriedly as I picked her up in my arms warmly to take her to the hospital and as I was taking her there, she kept mumbling a name so I pulled my head closer to hers.

“Jaejoong… oppa” she repeatedly called for him, hearing his name saddened me but I was more worried about her at the moment.

When we got to the hospital, they quickly took her, putting her in one of the rooms, after a few minutes passed the doctor walked up to me saying “She´ll be fine, she just has a broken leg and some cuts, but she´ll have to stay here for 2 days, and rest”