Chapter 31

Dream

On the next day of school Ji-Eun as usual woke up in the morning, got dressed and had her breakfast. She walked out of the house seeing Lee Hong Ki with his car parked in front of the house waiting for.

He quickly opened the door for her and helped her get into the car.

While he was driving her to school Keiko´s words kept spinning around Ji-Eun´s mind, so she stared at Lee Hong Ki wondering if there was a slight possibility. Ji-Eun with so many questions rumbling in her little mind by accident she thought out loud “Do you like me?”

Lee Hong Ki suddenly stopped the car shocked by her question and just looked at her not knowing how to answer her.

Ji-Eun realizing what she just asked starts laughing and says “I´m just joking, I know you don´t like me in that way so don´t look at me like that”

“Yeah… I only like you as a friend” Lee Hong Ki said to her as he started the car again thinking “Damn it! Why can´t I just say that I like her as a girlfriend!”

Lee Ji-Eun´s POV

When I asked him that question, I quickly said giggling away “I´m just joking, I know you don´t like me in that way so don´t look at me like that”

He then just responded “Yeah… I only like you as a friend”

Even doe I somehow knew he would say that, it was really painful to hear those words coming out from his mouth. My heart really ached at that moment.

After 5 minutes passed we arrived at the school as he opened me the door to help me. I got out of the car and walked into the school, heading myself with Lee Hong Ki to class.

I sat at the table where Suzy asked me “How did the weekend with your best friend go?”

“It went great” I said to her smiling as the English teacher walked into class and started giving her lessons.

“I hate classes, it makes time look like it goes really slow” I thought to myself as I kept staring at the board watching her explain the grammar and some English idioms, it was really boring.

Morning classes and the afternoon classes eventually passed by even doe it went by slow.

I quickly went to the meeting place and waited for Lee Hong Ki since he had to deliver some papers to the teacher’s desk.

After waiting for a little bit he appeared saying “Sorry I took a while”

“It´s fine” I said to him as he started helping me with my vocals and as I sang he kept staring at me with such a smile on his face as if he was really enjoying my singing. I felt really nervous from his stare and my heart started beating faster.

Once I finished he looked at me and said “You´re really improving, your voice sounds smoother then the last time”

“Well that´s good” I said to him feeling really happy.

“So when is you´re next audition?” he asked me.

“It´s on Wednesday” I said to him smiling.

2 days later

I woke up went to morning classes and in the afternoon Lee Hong Ki drove me to the place I had to audition.

“Are you nervous?” He asked me.

“Yeah” I said to him as he looked at me and said “Don´t be, because you´re going to do great”

“I hope so” I said to him as I walked in to the place where the other four that had passed the last time were.

All of them, one by one went in to sing while I waited until my name was called.

“Miss Lee Ji-Eun” they called for me. So I walked in to the room and took a deep breath and sang a song with my eyes closed, trying to relax myself, imagining as if I was in a dark room all by myself.

When the song finished I opened my eyes, seeing the judges with smiles on their faces. I walked out of the room and waited with the other four for the results.

After twenty minutes had passed they called for all of us, so the five of us walked into the room formed in a straight line.

The judge in the middle then looked at us and said “Only one person will pass in this audition and that one person is…”

All of us were really nervous, I could feel my heart beat faster and faster, until suddenly they said “Miss Lee Ji-Eun you have passed this audition, congratulations”

I felt so happy that tears started falling out of eyes, I couldn´t believe it I finally did it. The judges then told the others to go home while before I left they said to me “We´ll see you in a week´s time at the Rolling Hall for your debut”

I nodded at them smiling and then left the building all happily walking towards Lee Hong Ki, who was standing against his car waiting for me.

“How did it go?” he asked me as I looked at him with a bright smile yelling “I passed!”

“That´s great!” he said to me as he suddenly hugged me. My heart started beating really fast I thought it was going to burst. He quickly then let go saying “Uhmm… Let´s go I still have to take you home”

Nobody´s POV

While Lee Hong Ki drove her home the atmosphere in the car was really quiet and awkward, so Lee Hong Ki trying to break the silence asked “So what did the judges say?”

“They said I´ll be debuting on Rolling Hall next week” She said to him as he said “That’s good, now you´re finally going to be able to become what you most wanted”

“Yeah” she said smiling as he arrived at her house.

“Bye…” she said to him as she walked into her house and went directly to her bedroom to lay down and rest since it´s been a long day.

“I wonder if I should ask him honestly if he likes me… maybe Keiko is right” she thought to herself as she hugged her fluffy pillow.

Lee Hong Ki´s POV

I drove back home and entered my empty house, walking to the living room sitting on the sofa and watching TV.

I suddenly remembered when Lee Ji-Eun asked me if I liked her in the car.

“I´m such a coward!” I mumbled to myself angrily for not being able to tell her my true feelings.

Nobody´s POV

On the next day of school Lee Hong Ki picked up Ji-Eun at her house and took her to school as usual. When they got to school, everyone quickly got to their seats and concentrated in classes and later when the bell rang Suzy joined her table against Ji-Eun´s opening her lunch box, ready to eat her rice.

“Do you think Hong Ki likes me?” Ji-Eun asked her as she then looked at her and asked “Why do you ask?”

“I was just wondering” She said to Suzy as Ji-Eun ate her fried egg.

“Actually I really do think he likes you and not in a fake away” Suzy said to her smiling.

“But he never really mentioned anything about me being his real girlfriend” Ji-Eun said to her as she then looked at Ji-Eun and said “I can prove it that he likes you”

“How?” She asked Suzy as she then looked at Ji-Eun smiling saying “Wait for lunch time and you´ll see” as the bell for the next class rang.

After time slipping by Lee Hong Ki, as usual went to help the lunch ladies in the canteen.