Chapter 2

Dream

As I took out my shoes and wore my slippers. I walked up the stairs and got changed into my pajamas. I then walked back down and went into the kitchen.

Dinner was already on the table; I sat down with my mom and dad eating quietly at the table, no one said a word. Once I finished eating I looked at them and said “I´ve finished eating, so I´m going to my room now”

My dad then looked at me and said “Wait just a little bit more” as my mom lift herself from the table and opened the fridge, taking a cake out of it. She then put it on the table looking at me with such sad eyes.

“I´m sorry we haven´t celebrated your birthday ever since your brother passed away…” my father said to me with such an apologetic look. “Appa…” I said to him feeling sad.

“Jaejoong used to always tell us how you loved to sing and today while I was cleaning your room I found these sheet papers. Ji-Eun, you write beautiful songs and I think you could become something great” my mom said to me with a slight smile.

“Omma…” I said to her wanting to cry.

“Ji-Eun you have never asked us for anything and yet we have neglected you because of that incident. Me and your father have been talking about it and we´ve decided to move back to Korea to help you become a singer” She said to me smiling.

“Appa… Omma…” I said to them not being able to hold my tears anymore.

“I think it´s what your brother would have wanted… to see his little sister shine” my father said to me starting to let his tears fall down.

I walked up to them and hugged both of them tightly while the three of us cried together.

“We´re sorry” both of them said while crying.

“Now, now… we shouldn´t be like this” my mother said to me letting go and wiping her tears away. “You need to go pack up… we´re leaving tomorrow afternoon” she said to me putting a smile on her face.

I then walked up the stairs and went to my bedroom and as I was packing I picked up Jaejoong´s picture and my tears started falling again, my heart just ached knowing that he was not with me anymore. “I miss you, oppa” I said letting my tears fall on to the picture.

“I promise, I´ll become a great singer! And make you proud” I said as I wiped my tears away and put his picture safely into my travelling bag and the gift that Keiko had given me.

After that I laid in bed and thought “I really wish you were here…” as a tear fell down and I slowly closed my eyes.

Nobody´s POV

In the next morning after she had woken up at 10 o´clock her mom called for her “Ji-Eun there is someone here for you!”

Ji-Eun quickly got dressed and went downstairs seeing Keiko standing there looking at her with a sad expression, she then asked “Is it really true, that you´re going back to Korea?”

“Yeah… my mother had just given me the news yesterday when I arrived home” I said to her feeling a little down.

Keiko then suddenly jumps on to her and hugs her really tightly saying “You better not forget about me!”

“I won´t, I promise!” she said to her hugging her back.

“Ji-Eun we have to leave in 5 minutes” her mother said to her as her father brought the bags to the car.

“I´ll miss you!” Keiko said to Ji-Eun

“I´ll miss you too!” Ji-Eun said to her as she hugged her for the last time and went back into the car. As the car took off Ji-Eun looked from the back window of the car seeing Keiko waving from afar.

“Byebye” Ji-Eun mumbled to herself.

After four hours of driving they arrived at the airport. They then took the 2 o´clock flight. Ji-Eun sitting in the plane stared out the window watching the sky. “Jaejoong… somewhere in this sky, you´re watching over me, aren´t you? She mumbled to herself as her mother looked at her and said “Sweety, are you thirsty?”

“No, I´m ok Omma” Ji-Eun said to her as she laid her head comfortably on the chair and slowly fell asleep.

Ji-Eun´s POV

“Ji-Eun, Ji-Eun!” I heard my name being called. I then opened my eyes seeing my mom saying “We have arrived… come on grab your bags”

I then lift up and grabbed my bag that was at the top. When we walked out of the plane and walked out of the airport doors I mumbled as I looked up at the sky smiling “Oppa, I´m home”