53: Spirit of Firsts

Oh. My. Heroes.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

It's Christmas! 

Don't be too sceptical about anything. I've originally planned to update on Christmas Day, and it's kind of a special just-for-Christmas chapter. I don't doubt the fact that it's a filler chapter, but it's kind of fluffy sooooooo.

Enjoy! Give me some Christmas presents, in the form of upvotes and comments! They're both free by the way, so please do gift me with many i,i 

Happy Christmas, everyone! I'm spamming EXO's Christmas Day HAHAHAHAH. Somehow, December, 2014 is pretty awesome too but my heart belongs to MiD now and forever more (because Kyungsoo is so meltz in it).

xoxo,

pandabiscuits

ps, Sunday's update will be as usual! Thereafter... I can't promise. I apologise ): 

pps, I FINALLY HIT 300 SUBSCRIBERS!! So this update is partly in celebration of this amazing feat (to me). Thank you for your support, reader-nims! So grateful for y'all i,i 

 

 

 

[Year 19 of Exile]

 

"Aren't you afraid of what might be in your house, Jen?"

 

I glanced up from the newspaper in my hands to see Luhan gazing down at me, his brows furrowed and his hands holding onto a towel.

 

“How can you sit so comfortably on your own bed without worrying about it being rigged or something?”

 

I rolled my eyes, folding the newspaper before setting it down beside me. “And how are you able to so comfortably shower without worrying that the bathroom might be tampered with?”

 

He stuck out his tongue and threw the towel at me, causing me to shriek at its wetness. I removed it from me and a deep scowl formed on my face immediately.

 

“Lu. Han.”

 

“Oops, I better run.” He stuck out his tongue again and with a quick, and unexpected, peck on my cheek, he dashed out of my room.

 

I froze.

 

My feet refused to move, to let me chase after him to get revenge for throwing his icky, wet towel at my already-dried hair. I just stood there, feet rooted to the floor as my mind tried to process what had just happened.

 

He kissed me.

 

Luhan just kissed me.

 

Okay fine, I exaggerate; it was just a peck on the cheek but for me, the girl who never received such an intense form of affection from the boy who always provided me with numerous warm hugs and nothing more, I was shellshocked.

 

I continued to stand there, my hand still holding onto the wet towel that belonged to the culprit that caused me such confusion. My palm felt the wetness of it but I made no move to let it slip through my fingers; I just kept holding on.

 

My eyes barely registered a passing shadow until it doubled back and a concerned face appeared right in front of me. His brows furrowed, a small frown creeping onto his face as his orbs gazed at me with worry.

 

"Jen...? Are you alright?" Something cold touched my forehead and it was after I snapped out of my daze did I realise that the boy had placed his forehead on mine, his eyes piercing my own, seemingly searching for an answer to his question.

 

I smiled, letting the towel slip through my fingers before pinching the person in front of me on the cheeks, earning myself a similar treatment (but with more force and more pain).

 

"I'm okay, Baekhyun." I pulled away, only to find myself being whirled towards him, my chin meeting his shoulder and my arms awkwardly at my sides. "Baekhyun..."

 

“You know you can talk to me about anything.” His breath was warm, contrary to his icy skin, and it grazed the outskirts of my ear, causing me to shiver and resulted in a tighter embrace as his arms wrapped around me. “You know you can approach me, alright?”

 

I nodded against his shoulder and a soft grunt of pain came from him, and my playful side emerged for I continued to nod, my chin digging into his shoulder. He let out a soft roar and he pulled away, his hand ruffling my hair.  

 

“Kyungsoo prepared turkey for dinner today.”

 

I stepped away from his grasp to retrieve the newspaper on my bed. “What’s the occasion?”

 

Baekhyun’s jaw slacked, and he dramatically rolled his eyes at me. He snatched the newspaper from me, and my eyes squinted at the numbers that his finger was pointing at.

 

“Ohhhhh.”

 

“Sheesh, and I wonder who was the one reading the newspaper just now…” He lightly smacked the top of my head with the newspaper, earning himself a glare and a hard whack on the chest. Coughing exaggeratingly, he pretended to collapse onto the floor before slipping his hand into mine and he pulled me down with him.

 

“Baekhyun!” I kept my balance, trying hard to pull him up as the boy continued to shamelessly drag me towards him (and the floor). “Stop playing! We have to go down for dinner!”

 

“Make me!” He shot me a mischievous grin and my hand instinctively reached for his cheek, caressing it gently before slapping it. “Jennnnnnnn!”

 

This boy…!

 

“Byun Baekhy–”

 

“What’s taking you so long to ca– Yah!” My saviour appeared in the doorway as I was about to scream his name at the top of my voice. “Release her this instant!”

 

Baekhyun pouted heavily. “Mana…”

 

“Don’t ‘Mana’ me, mister.” The spirit animal trotted over and placed a furry paw on the boy’s chest. “I’ll give you five seconds to do so.”

 

He scoffed and at that moment, I feared for his safety for the liger’s eyes flashed. “And I’ll give you three seconds to remove your paw fro– Ouch!”

 

My eyes darted to his chest where Mana’s paw lay, except now it wasn’t just her paw — her claws had appeared.

 

“Jen! It hurts! It really hurts! Call her off!” The boy shrieked, seemingly in pain as he turned his head left and right rapidly.

 

The boy really seemed to be hurting.

 

“Mana!” I chided the animal, tapping the paw on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter