24: They're Here

Oh. My. Heroes.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Year 19 of Exile]

 

"Jen, how long are you going to walk? My legs are killing me!"

 

"Maybe I shouldn't have asked you to come along then, weak-knee Yeol!" I retorted playfully as I jumped from one rock to another to cross a small stream. "You've been complaining for quite some time now and my ears are tired of hearing you whine!"

 

"Well if you've allowed me to rest, I wouldn't be this exhausted!" He whined as I heard a splash followed by a loud curse.

 

Turning back, I saw my fire bender ankle-deep in the stream and couldn't help but laugh. He was utterly pissed and sat huffily on one of the rocks as he removed his drenched shoes and literally poured water out of them. So adorable hehe.

 

"Oh Yeol." I bit back a smile as I hopped back to him and squatted down on the rock in front of him. "Are you alright–"

 

"No, I'm not!" He snapped, not even allowing me to finish my sentence and he pouted.

 

"–sweetie?" I finished and grinned.

 

Upon hearing "sweetie", he looked up with wide eyes.

 

"D-Did you j-just call me s-sweetie?" He stuttered as his face reddened and his ears started to pink.

 

I nodded and I pinched his cheeks. "Uh huh. Now then sweetie, shall we forge on?" I stood up with his wet shoes and pointed down the path.

 

He gaped at me in disbelief. "I knew it. Calling me sweetie was too good to be true..."

 

"I was kidding, Yeol." I sat back down on the rock and carefully placed his shoes down on another. "Let's just stop here. Besides, I like this stream."

 

I looked up and glanced around. Tall, green trees had grown densely around us and sunlight streamed in adequately through the leaves, giving me the feeling of a fairy tale setting. Birds flew freely in the sky above and I relished the coolness on my skin that an occasional breeze brought.

 

I dipped my hand into the stream and grinned when it was cold to my touch. I immediately slipped my shoes off and threw my feet into the fix. Feeling playful, I kicked water at the giant and earned a huge splash back. Laughing, I returned the favour and before I knew it, we were both soaked.

 

Throwing my hands up in the air in surrender, I trudged to the edge of the stream and lifted my feet up to dry them in the cooling wind. I shivered and Chanyeol noticed it.

 

"Here, have some warmth." He sat down next to me and conjured up a small orb of fire in his hands. Placing it near to me, I relaxed and sighed in relief.

 

"Thanks Yeol. I had forgotten that you have the power of fire." I grinned and shifted myself closer to him. He stiffened and the fire orb in his hands went out momentarily before it appeared again.

 

Mm? What's wrong?

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter