16: Change

Oh. My. Heroes.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[19th Year of Exile]

 

“Yay, pancakes!”

 

I settled down between Yixing and Zitao, and immediately tucked in as some kind soul had already drenched my plate of pancakes with syrup.

 

Chewing delightfully, I hummed a cheerful tune and bobbed my head. The boys glanced at me pointedly but I ignored them. I know I had a terrible time yesterday, but I’m not going to let them get me down! I heard my father speak again in that flashback! I am happy, ain’t nothing going to put me down today.

 

I pointed my fork at one of them. “Yeol, I need to talk to you later.” His brows raised and eyes widened. “Uh, sure.” He nodded and went back to his pancakes.

 

I grinned and continued cutting my flapjacks up and further drowning them in syrup.



 

[Baekhyun]

 

“I wonder what they’re talking about.”

 

Sehun grumbled as we walked towards the bus stop, with Jen and Chanyeol walking way ahead of us.

 

“It’s fine, let him distract her.” My tone got the boys curious. “I have things to tell you guys.”

 

“What’s up, Baek?” Suho-hyung asked as he pushed his fashion spectacles up his nose.

 

I rummaged in my bag and retrieved a grubby-looking letter. “Sorry.” I apologised when the boys wrinkled their noses when a pungent smell emerged with the letter. “You know how my bag is, well, full of stuff. Anyway, take a look at this letter.”

 

I handed it to Suho-hyung, who held onto it with his fingertips and reluctantly pried it open with his other fingers. I mentally rolled my eyes. It isn’t as dirty as it seems, please. Suho-hyung, ever so dramatic. Sheesh!

 

He unfolded the letter within and his eyes scanned the page. His face drained of colour when his eyes found mine. The letter slipped from his fingers and Kris-hyung caught it. “Why the reaction.” He drawled and he started to read it along with the rest of the boys who crowded around him.

 

“ARE YOU ING KIDDING ME!?”

 

“Shh!” I muffled his mouth as Kris-hyung continued to rage. Jen and Chanyeol turned back at the racket but I quickly shielded the letter from their curious stares and waved. They went back to their discussion.

 

“Sheesh, hyung! Shut up! Do you want the whole world to know?!” I whispered harshly as I slowly removed my hand from his mouth. By then the rest had finished the letter and Yixing-hyung was folding it calmly. Calm is never a word associated with Yixing-hyung. If he’s this calm, that means that…

 

“Where did you get this, Baek?” Kris-hyung words dripped with malice and threat as his face grew dark and serious. I opened my mouth, wanting to reply, but no words came out.

 

He grabbed my collar, exasperated and fuming. “I asked, WHERE DID YOU GET IT!”

 

“Kris!” A sharp voice rang in the quiet neighbourhood and I was released from his hold. “What are you doing!” Jen’s face came into view and there was a definite scowl on her face.

 

Kris-hyung ignored her and stomped ahead. Luhan-hyung shot me an apologetic look before following after him. Jen was baffled. “Wha– That giant!” She bit on her lower lip before storming off. My friend swiftly rearranged my collar before trailing after her.

 

“Baek, you alright?” Xiumin-hyung gently asked as we followed after them.

 

“Yeah, I am.

 

Though the world wou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter