4: I Love You

Oh. My. Heroes.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Year 18 of Exile]

 

“Gramma! Where did you put my pair of denim shorts!” I flew down the stairs and ran past the living room, hoping to find my grandmother in the kitchen.

 

Eh? The kitchen was empty, though the oven was still baking something. I opened the back door and scanned the backyard; there was no one outside except for my neighbour whose head peeped over the fence separating our backyards. I waved at her and she waved back nervously. Mm, I guess she’s always nervous. Nothing suspicious about her!  

 

I searched the rooms on the second floor and even the attic (which gave me the creeps since I moved in). Where is everyone?! Ruffling my hair in growing annoyance, I walked to the living room and plopped down onto the couch.

 

Scratching my head, I mentally ruled out the places within the house that my grandfather, grandmother, and the boys could have hidden themselves in. But wait, why would they be hiding anyway. There’s nothing on tonight except for that dinner which grandpa organised and invited the boys’ parents. Gah, where are they!! I thrashed wildly on the couch and fell onto the rug with a thud, a curse escaping my lips.

 

Just then, I heard muffled sniggers and giggles. My eyes darted wildly around the room, searching for the owner(s) of the sounds. There, obviously, was no one in the room besides me. Closing my eyes, I tried to concentrate and heighten my hearing. I may not have super hearing but I have to admit that my sense of hearing is pre-tty awesome. Calming myself down, I listened.

 

“Yah, Sehun ah stop giggling! You’re breaking Luhan-hyung’s concentration!” Someone whispered angrily as soft giggles and snickers could be heard.

 

I concentrated even harder.

 

“I can’t help it hyung! If you saw what Jen had done, you’d be rolling over with laughter too! And it was hyung’s fault for almost dropping me anyway.” Sehun started to laugh again and many groaned. “Sehun, if you don’t stop laughing I’m going to drop you off the roof.” The laughter stopped immediately and an apology was made.

 

The roof huh.

 

Knowing where everyone could be, I opened the back door silently, walked out onto the backyard and looked up at the roof. Sure enough, two oldies and twelve boys were perched precariously on the roof. Squinting, I could make out Luhan with his face scrunched up with utmost concentration to not let everything and everyone fall. I felt a small smile forming on my face. Oh, Luhan.

 

Seeing how the boys were still chattering softly amongst themselves and my grandparents shielding each other from the evening sun, they still have not realised that I have discovered their hiding place. Sighs, the people I love are so clueless… I decided to remain ‘unseen’ for a while longer and see how long they would take to realise that I was looking at them.

 

Though, after a minute, I got bored and wanted to expose them already. Staring intently at Luhan, my eyes focused on his face and– Um, why does his face seem so… handsome– Wait, what?!

 

My vision sharpened itself after I blinked a couple of times. My head cleared itself of seemingly impure thoughts and I focused on Luhan once again.


 

[Luhan]

 

Hmm?

 

I suddenly felt a surge of power, as though a large wave of my telekinesis washed over me. A second later, everyone on the roof floated in the air. What the– My eyes dilated in utter shock at this sudden display of uncontrollable power and in my confusion, my ability momentarily released its hold on the humans on the roof with me. They dropped towards the roof for a split second before I regained my hold on them. Kris swore aloud and Suho shushed him immediately.

 

While the others began to join in on the fourth eldest in his chiding of the flier, the cogs in my mind turned, trying to hard to come up with an explanation. Why did I suddenly feel a power up? Unless…

 

Having come up with a possible reason, my eyes flitted upwards and their guilt-ridden expressions greeted me. Wha– I followed their eyes, turning to the direction that they were looking at and my eyes narrowed themselves to squint at a figure standing on the backyard.

 

Who is that…? I was so intent on finding out who that person was, that I genuinely forgot that I was levitating people.

 

“GRAMMA! GRANDPA!”

 

A high-pitched scream, amongst manly shouts and curses, rang out in the silence of Jen’s household and effectively broke my daze.

 

. Consciousness shot back into me and my eyes wildly searched the air to find the old man and woman. Before I could levitate them, they vanished mid-air and reappeared safely on the grass with Kai between them.

 

Loud thuds and the colourful curses and shouts alerted me to the scene below as ten other boys littered the backyard. Almost all, if not most, of them were rubbing their buttocks and backs and I could feel heated glares directed at me from those who had recovered from their sudden drop.

 

While Kai had safely teleported himself and Jen’s grandparents to the grass, Kris leisurely landed next to Jen, earning himself several glares of his own from the rest. He ignored them, choosing to busy himself by looking at the girl instead (which elicited more glares). I gently lowered myself onto the grass and promptly ran to help the others up onto their feet.

 

“What the happened!?” Zitao hissed and almost immediately, Kyungsoo rapped his same-aged friend on the head, a mind your manners slipping out of his mouth. The younger boy looked offended but at the older’s narrowed eyes and frown, he purs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter