Chapter 8

An Idol's Dream

A bright white streamed into my eyes and I shrunk into the soft blanket around me.

"Montana? Turn out the light." I yawned and rolled over, covering my eyes with my hand.

"It's not me." She moaned back.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I squinted and looked around. I saw my phone blinking from a text, its blue light glowing brightly. I rubbed my tired eyes again and looked at my window. Outside a snow blizzard covered my window, keeping me from seeing anything.

"Turn the lights off!" Montana whined.

"I can't turn off nature Montana." I growled and threw a pillow at her face.

It hit her cleanly and it made her sit up and look at me angrily.

"Why the hell'd ya do that?!" She hissed.

"Because I wanted to." I stuck my tongue out childishly.

As my tongue stuck out of my mouth she threw the pillow back. I began gagging as mats of black fuzz and cat hair was now on my tongue.

"Now that's gross..." She laughed.

I coughed and picked at my tongue, trying to get all the cat hair. Montana laughed and as I picked at my tongue, I used my free foot to kick her several times.

"Girls?" My mother knocked on the door.

"Morning Momma." I smiled.

"More like afternoon. It's already 3pm." My mom crossed her arms.

"Really?" I asked in surprise.

"Well I don't expect anything different from you," She looked at me, "Because of your jet lag and time difference, but I didn't know Montana usually sleeps in this long." My mother looked thoroughly confused as she looked at the two of us.

"We stayed up too late. Sorry momma." I smiled sadly.

She only sighed, "Well I made something for lunch if you want to eat something."

"Thank you! We'll be done in a moment." I smiled to her retreating figure.

"Alright." She yelled back before running down the stairs.

"I'm hungry." I looked to Montana.

"Then let's go eat." She smiled and stood.

The moment I stood my stomach made a loud growl that sounded almost demonic. I looked down at it and held my hand on it.

"You be quiet." I hissed.

Montana laughed and left the room. The two of us went downstairs and ate some lunch that was Mac N Cheese and garlic bread. Because of my position as a upcoming Idol I wasn't supposed to eat much, so I kept my meal small. Afterward Montana and I took showers and got dressed, we were going to go see a movie. It had been forever since Montana and I had seen a movie together, so we were going to see this new "Lego" movie. I put on yoga pants and a black and tan t-shirt. We went downstairs and I slipped on Kyungsoo's shoes and we put our jackets on. Mom and dad didn't want to go, they wanted us girls to spend some time together. My dad had offered to give me some money, but I declined. All my pictures online had given me enough money to buy a horse. I haven't spent any of it, besides getting groceries, so I was going to use it today. Montana and I took my mom's car that had Auxiliary and an amazing speaker system. My mom only uses her speakers to listen to recorded books or oldies. Montana and I kept the volume low until we got away from the house. Once we knew they wouldn't hear it, we turned the volume up and felt the bass pound into our seats. We laughed and blasted kpop the entire way. It was early in the afternoon and that meant people could see into our car clearly. I was driving, but I was also using my hands to dance with the beat. One of the songs came on that I happened to know the dance to. I danced and sang along. I looked to my left and saw a large truck with several teenagers in it. They all had their eyes on me and I just smiled and waved as I danced. I giggled as I began serenading them. They all began laughing and I watched them speed off as we took our exit. Montana questioned me to as why I was laughing and  I just waved it off as nothing. We made it to the Movie Theater and parked, the car still pounding. I turned the car off and we got out. Montana likes to hold onto people's arms when she was walking in somewhere with them. She gently held my arm as we walked up the parking lot. I kept singing the song, loudly.

"Stop it!" Montana laughed.

I kept singing, but now sang it in a goofy way, "WARRIOR!" I yelled.

"Oh my god! Stop!" She laughed and began hitting my shoulder.

The two of us began laughing as we walked in. I bought both our tickets and our popcorn and candy. I was putting butter on my popcorn when I noticed a young child staring at me from the sitting area. I turned back and finished grabbing everything.  Montana joined me and we started walking. The small child from earlier ran in front of me and stopped our action. I looked down at him in surprise.

"Can I help you?" I asked him politely.

"I like your hair." He said sheepishly.

I smiled and got down to his level, "You can touch it if you want." I smiled.

He smiled broadly and slowly reached up, touching my hair gently. I closed my eyes so he wouldn't feel awkward touching my hair with my eyes on him. He stopped and I opened my eyes, smiling at him.

"Jared!" A woman came running over and grabbed his hand, "You can't run off like that sweetheart," The woman looked over at me as I stood, "I'm so sorry."

"It's alright." I smiled.

The two of them walked off and Montana and I entered the movie theater. We watched the movie and laughed at all the random parts that intended comedy. When we finally left we were on the drive home when my phone started ringing. We looked at each other before Montana picked it up and handed it to me. The number was Chanyeol's. I looked at it curiously before answering.

He wasn't normally one to call me.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Rachel!" He spoke happily.

"Hey Chanyeol, what's up?" I smiled.

"I got a break and thought I'd call you." I could hear the smile in his tone.

"That's nice of you. I was confused, you don't normally call me."  I laughed.

"Yeah... Have you heard about the planes?" He asked.

"Planes? I didn't hear, what happened to the planes?" I asked in worry.

"Only a couple of planes can leave Korea, but no planes can come in, there's a bad wind storm."

"So then... I can't come back?" I asked sadly.

"I don't know, I hope you can! But right now people are either staying home or leaving to get away from the wind. It's pretty bad and it doesn't help that there's snow as well." He sighed.

"I'm sorry Chanyeol-ah, you guys shouldn't be doing work in those dangerous conditions."

"Don't worry about us! We're worried about you."

"Don't worry about me, I'm well taken care of out here."

"I miss you..." He paused for a moment, "We all miss you..."

My heart throbbed to hear those words. I gulped and held down my growing urge to pack my bags and head back to them.

"I miss you guys more than you know."

"I'm happy that you think so highly of us to miss us so much." He sounded relieved.

"Trust me, it's hard not to miss you guys." I smiled.

I heard him laugh on the other end, "I have to go, anything else we need to talk about before I leave?"

"Ummm... Oh! Tell Kyungsoo I'm sorry, but in the rush of leaving I kinda wore his shoes on accident." I chuckled nervously.

Chanyeol laughed, "Don't worry about it."

"Thanks Chanyeol-ah!" I laughed.

"Anything for Rachel-ah!" He laughed back.

"Bye~!" We both sang in unison.

I handed my phone back to Montana happily and I saw her look at me suspiciously.

"What?" I asked.

"Who was that? And why are you suddenly in a good mood?" She smirked.

"It was Chanyeol and he was warning me about the planes."

"What's wrong with the planes?"

"They aren't allowing any planes to come in to Korea, but a few are allowed out. The weather apparently isn't very good." I explained as we stopped at a light.

"Do you have a picture of Chanyeol so I can know who you're talking about?" She asked.

"Go through my phone and go under camera, you will find a couple pictures of me with the members, show them to me and I'll tell you which one is right." I pointed to my phone.

She grabbed my phone and started going through the pictures, "You got pictures with them? Nice!" She started showing me the pictures and about the 6th one in I told her that was right.

The picture was Chanyeol and I making a peace sign and smiling happily to the camera. Baekhyun was in the background making a goofy face. Montana stared at the picture for a long moment and then set my phone back into the cup holder.

"What's wrong?" I asked as she stayed silent.

"Nothing, I'm just wondering when I'm going to be able to meet them." She pouted a little.

"Well I know that I'm allowed two tickets a year for someone to come visit me for a week, do you want me to talk to Moa about you coming up in a month or two, right before summer?" I asked as we pulled onto my road.

"Oh my god really?!" Montana got excited and grabbed my shoulder.

"Yeah, I bet they would be happy to meet you." I smiled.

She might not be happy that they're all a lot taller than her, but whatever.

"YESSSSS!" She exclaimed and pumped her fist once.

I laughed and pulled into my driveway, "You're such a dork."

"Hey, hey now." She hissed.

    *  *  *

The next 5 days had continued in the same manner. Montana and I would hang out all night and then we would hang out with my parents during the day. I would get a call from each member every day, and they would always say they missed me and that they will watch for my plane. Montana had left today to go back to the apartment so that I could REALLY have my family time. My parents had taken me out to dinner with my aunt and uncle and we had gotten back only recently. I just took a shower and was getting ready for bed.

I should go say goodnight.

I left my old room and slowly went down the stairs. The white carpet spreading and forming around my feet. I got to the wood on the first floor and a shiver ran up my spine to the cold surface. I rubbed my green towel around on my head, attempting to dry my hair. The main reason my towel was even a part of my attire was to cover the fact I wasn't wearing anything under my t-shirt and I didn't want to give my parents a fright by flashing them. I walked into the delicious smelling kitchen and smiled when I saw my dad shredding chicken pieces for my mom by hand. My mom was making something to take to work to help everyone eat something good during their lunch. My mom heard me walk in somehow.

She turned, "Hey sweetie, how was your shower?" She asked.

"It was warm." I smiled and snuggled into my towel more.

"If you wait a minute you can have some of this soup." She smiled, hitting my dad's shoulder to signal him to go faster.

"No that's alright, I'm not hungry."

My mom froze, "You know you slimmed down a bit while being out there... They're feeding you, right?" She probed.

"Yes mom! I get three meals a day and they are all very delicious." I smiled, thinking of Kyungsoo making me breakfast before I left.

"Alright... Are you feeling okay?" She asked, still fretting over me.

"It's alright mom, I'm fine, South Korea is fine, and there is nothing for you to worry about." I nodded, giving her my calmest smile.

"If you say so..." She mumbled and went back to stirring her soup.

"I'm heading off to bed, alright?" I made sure they heard me.

"Goodnight honey," My dad smiled, "I would hug you but you're clean and my hands aren't..."

"That's okay dad, I understand," I went over and kissed his cheek, "Night."

"Night momma." I kissed her cheek and headed back toward the dining room.

I moved much slower once I rounded the corner. My feet slowly molding to the floor as I walked.

I wonder what they're doing right now?

I sighed and looked outside, looking at the snow that surrounded our pond. The waterfall and rocks reminded me of Sehun and my hideout. Other people knew of it, but Sehun and I were the only ones allowed in after closing time. I went up to the window in the dining room and placed my hand on the glass, looking outside sadly.

I miss them...

A vision of them walking up the driveway happily made my heart throb. I sighed and turned, heading upstairs. I went into my room and helped my cats climb into my bed before following. I climbed into my squeaking and loft and curled up in my blue and white heavy zebra blanket.

"This is coming back with me..." I smiled and then looked to Kyung and Kai, "You two are as well."

They came up to my face and began rubbing against me happily. Loud purrs echoed in the small room as my boys laid on my legs and chest. A thought popped in my mind.

It would be weird if the real Kai was laying across my legs and the real Kyungsoo was laying across my torso.

I suppressed my laughs as my cats purring died down. I knew they had fallen asleep and I yawned, nuzzling into the pillows more.

"I'm going back in 5 days. I can't wait." I laughed, somewhat happy that my first week back home was over.

I immediately drifted off to sleep, a dream of EXO appearing at my house haunting me with sadness. As much as I loved spending time with my family I felt as though they were a separate piece of family. I missed them more than I missed my family when I was gone.

    *  *  *    

"Rachel honey, you should get up now, it's almost 2 o'clock." My mom knocked on the door, making me moan.

"Alright... I'm getting up." I yawned and climbed out of bed, putting a sweater on.

I looked down at the sweater and remembered meeting BTS when I bought this sweater.

Good times...

I went into the bathroom and did my morning routine before heading downstairs for breakfast.

"Good morning." My dad smiled.

"Morning." I smiled back.

"The girls are coming up today and spending the weekend with us." My mom informed me.

"Th-They are?!" I was shocked I would get to see my nieces so soon.

"Yep." My dad smiled and handed me some toast.

"Thanks..." I mumbled and ate the small pieces of bread for breakfast.

I should check in with Sehun or Luhan...

I threw away my plate and rushed up the stairs, grabbing my fully charged phone off my desk. I opened up Skype and messaged both of them.

"Hey, how are you holding up? I hope work is okay. Hope to have a group chat with everyone soon!" I heard the bubble pop of it being sent and I closed my phone, setting it in my pocket.

"Rachel! They're here!" My mom yelled up to me.

"Okay!" I yelled back and hurried to the stairs.

My parents opened the door and a teenager, Payden, and two preteens came running in, Ava and Savannah. I was at the top of the stairs, watching them say hi to my parents.

"Guess who's here." My mom smiled to them and gathered them in a hug.

"Who?" My niece Ava asked in excitement.

"Let's have her come down instead of watching." My dad laughed.

The three girls looked up and gasped.

"Aunt Rachie!" They screamed and ran up the stairs tackling me at the top.

"Hi!" I laughed as I hugged them close.

"We've missed you!" Payden began to cry.

"I know, I know... It's alright." I hugged her head to my shoulder and tried to calm her down.

"Are you having fun out there?" Ava asked as she played with my short hair.

"Yea sweetie, you would have loved it, hello kitty was everywhere!" I laughed.

"Really?" Savannah grabbed my arm.

"Really." I smiled.

My phone went off and I immediately recognized it as Moa.

"Who is that?" Payden asked as I pulled my phone out.

"Work." I mumbled and looked at the text.

"Plans have changed, your vacation is going to be extended, something happened to your flight and until further notice you're stuck home."

I don't get to go back yet?

"Who was it?" Ava asked.

"My manager, apparently I'm stuck here for longer because my flight has gone missing." I laughed sadly.

"Yay!" Ava and Savannah hugged me happily.

"Yeah..." I mumbled sadly.

I suddenly got another text while I held my phone.

"Moa just told us about your flight, I'm coming." Luhan sent.

He's coming? Coming here?!

I texted back, "You don't need to, I'm sure you have work and family to visit, I'll be fine."

Even though I sent that I was secretly happy that he said he was coming. A moment later another text came in.

"No, we're coming to get you. It's already been too long without you."

My eyes widened and Payden stole my phone, looking at it.

"Ooooh! Who is Luhan?" She laughed as she kept my phone from me.

"Payden!" I growled as I tried to grab it.

"Who is he?" She laughed as I tickled her.

"A guy I know from Korea!" I hissed as I finally grabbed my phone.

"Do you have a picture of him?" She grabbed my arm, trying to be sweet.

I sighed and pulled up a picture of Luhan from dance practice.

"That's Luhan." I smiled as I showed her his picture.

"Ohhh... He's hot." She winked at me.

"Kinda..." I mumbled as my cheeks warmed.

Payden stole my phone again and ran downstairs to my parents.

"This is Rachel's new boyfriend!" Payden yelled to them and showed them my phone.

"No he's not!" I yelled and continued to chase her around the house.

We laughed and I finally got my phone back, tucking it into my bra. Ava and Savannah joined us as we went downstairs to play Halo 4 on my XBOX. I was always a sniper in video games and I enjoyed it the most. Payden asked me about several things I did out in Korea and I just named off things I did for work.

"Well what have you done with Luhan?" She asked.

"Just hung out." I mumbled as I got 4 headshots in a row.

"Where?"

"My room."

"Did you hold hands yet?"

"Yeah."

"Have you hugged yet?"

"Yeah."

"Has he cuddled on you yet?"

"Yeah."

"Has he taken you out to dinner yet?"

"Yeah."

"Did he spend the night yet?"

"Yeah."

"Really?!" She asked.

"Really what?" I asked as I turned to her.

"Never mind, you know you need to pay attention to what you're saying during video games." She sighed and paused the game.

"Why?" I asked as I ate some almonds I brought down with me.

"You tell me the truth." She laughed.

"Truth about what?"

"About Luhan." She smirked.

I had forgotten that she knew about me zoning out in video games.

"What did I say?" I asked cautiously.

"Nothing too interesting." She giggled.

I sighed, "Just go back to the game."

We continued to play for a half hour before she started talking to me again. I was too distracted to really pay attention to her.

"So do you know any other guys beside Luhan?"

"Yeah."

"Who?"

"About 20 others."

"Any girls?"

"My manager."

"That's it?"

"Yeah."

"What band is Luhan in?"

"EXO."

"How many guys are in EXO?"

"12."

"You know all of them?"

"Yeah."

"Have you touched any of them?"

"Yeah."

"How?"

"Hug, hold hands, and laid by each other."

"Wow... Do you have their pictures?"

"Yeah."

"Can I see?"

"Later."

"Oh Come on!" She growled.

"What? What's wrong?" I zoned back in to the fact that Payden was next to me.

"Nothing." She smirked and did something on her phone quickly.

I looked at her suspiciously and went back to killing aliens.

"GIRLS! COME MAKE YOUR PIZZA!" My mom yelled down.

"COMING!" Payden, Ava, Savannah, and I yelled back.

Ava and Savannah had been giggling on the couch and staring at me. I suspiciously went up the stairs behind them. We went into the kitchen and made our pizza's, waiting for our hungry stomachs to be filled. My throat had started burning a while ago and now my nose was running.

I'm getting a cold... damn it.

Our pizza's came out and we all talked and had fun while we ate. It was time for us to head upstairs for bed in no time and I pulled my phone uncomfortably from my bra as we stood in the kitchen. I checked it and saw a blinking blue light. I had a text from Luhan and I checked it while Payden wasn't paying attention.

"We're coming, wait for us. We will see you as soon as possible."

I put my phone in my pocket and blankly stared down at the floor.

Am I going to be able to see them soon?

I felt my stomach flutter and an uncontrollable smile came to my face. Payden laughed and pinched my cheeks. I looked at her as creepily as possible.

"You want to die?" I growled.

She laughed and I chased her upstairs, running her into my room. We grabbed our Christmas presents waiting to be opened and brought them downstairs. The six of us gathered into the living room, putting presents in designated piles. The Christmas tree towered over all of us with its sparkling lights. The room was lit brightly just by the tree. We slowly opened our presents and I was the last to open their presents. I slowly began opening them and gasped to the barrage of EXO merchandise I got. I knew that before I went out to South Korea I had told my family that any presents from EXO would be the best things I could ask for. I gulped and continued to open the presents. Beside the EXO objects I also got a lot of jewelry and cool clothes. I smiled and thanked everyone for the presents. There was even a necklace and bookstore gift card for me from my childhood friend, Jack. He lived down in New Boston, my hometown. I don't get to see him much, but it is sort of awkward when we do see each other. I pulled out my phone and texted him.

"Thanks for the necklace and gift card, and Merry Christmas!" I texted him.

I set all my things into a pile, ready to go upstairs and he texted me back.

"Merry Christmas! How does the necklace look? Good? Do you have a job yet? I know that college is almost done." He responded.

"I forgot to tell you... didn't I? I live out in South Korea now and I am an idol in the making. I've been out there for the past 3 months, but I came home for Christmas. How is training going? I know you are trying to get into the Olympics." I messaged him back.

Jack was a skilled Gymnast and his dream was to get into the Olympics. I silently cheered for him from home and don't know how he's doing unless we rarely text each other.

"That's cool! Gymnastics is pretty rough, but it's nothing away from normal. Text me when you make an album or something."

"I will." I replied and slid my phone into my pocket, knowing that the conversation was over.

After we finished opening presents I took the gifts I had received and said goodnight to everyone, heading upstairs with Payden close on my heels. We sat on my two lounge chairs and I heard the rain starting to pour outside. I looked out my window and saw the stars and moon lighting up the night. The lake reflected the moons gleam of light and I silently watched it's waves crashing into each other. Payden yawned and I had her climb into bed first. I climbed in behind her and laid there in silence, pretending to be asleep. I heard her soft snoring and I heard the rain echoing in my room. I quietly slid out of the bed and put on slippers. I went up to the third level and opened the door to the balcony. I stepped out into the rain and closed my eyes, relishing in the smell of the mist. I opened my eyes and looked out to the lake. Within minutes my hair was soaked and dripping on my face. I thought of the boys and smiled a little. I took in a deep breath and let out my pent up singing. I sang EXO's new song, Miracles in December. I felt tears come to my eyes as I let my voice out to the world. My throat was scratchy and I could tell I would wake up tomorrow sick. I thought on the boys and began crying with the rain.

"I miss you so much..." I cried out.

"Rachie?" I heard Payden mumbled from behind me.

I wiped my eyes and looked back at her, "Hey, what are you doing up?" I asked.

"Never fell asleep." She smirked.

"Little trickster." I giggled.

"Aunt Rachie... Why are you crying?" She asked, not daring to step into the rain.

"I miss them..." I looked out to the glittering lake.

"Don't worry, you'll see them again." She smiled and beckoned me inside.

"I know," I stepped in and took the towel she was offering me, "Kind of childish for me to cry, huh?" I laughed sadly.

"No, it's not." She smiled and ushered me back to my room.

She dried my hair for me and then we climbed into bed for good. Within moments I was fast asleep, coughing in my sleep roughly.

    *  *  *    

"Rachie?" Payden asked.

"Yes?" I mumbled, my voice coming out in raspy coughs.

"Ooohhh... you're really sick." She said sadly.

"Sorry, I'll get up to play with you guys..." I moaned and started to get up.

"No! Stay there, I'll go get you some medicine and chicken noodle soup." She ordered me and ran off.

I chuckled and laid back down, my throat burning. In moment she came running back in.

"Here is some cold medicine and your mom has started making your soup, but she wants you to come lay on the couch to eat it." She informed me and then started to leave, but quickly came back, "By the way... we have some visitors, so you should probably get dressed in something." She mumbled then ran off.

I growled a little and took the medicine, swallowing the pill quickly, my throat feeling like the Sahara desert. I coughed and crawled out of bed, putting on a sweater and jeans.

(Imagine just the sweater and jeans, no shoes, so barefoot. The hat can stay... I like the hat :3 )

I went into the bathroom and put on some cologne and went to the bathroom. I left the washroom and paused around the corner of the wall. I listened to hear any voices, but heard nothing. I shrugged and trudged downstairs. I went over to my mom in the kitchen and she hugged me quickly.

"I'm sorry you're sick honey." She said sadly.

"It's not your fault." I coughed.

"Well, go lay on the couch and get some rest, I'll bring you some soup soon." She smiled and nudged me toward the living room.

I went over to the white couch and laid down, curling up in a white fluffy blanket. Kai and Kyung came running and they laid on my lap as I tried to fall back asleep. I heard Ava and Savannah come into the living room and sit by my head.

"I hope you get better Aunt Rachie." Ava mumbled.

"I think everyone hopes you do." Savannah whispered.

"Define everyone." I coughed.

"Oh! You're awake!" Ava gasped.

I only nodded my head.

"We thought you were sleeping." Savannah mumbled.

"Obviously I'm not." I sighed and turned my head, looking to them.

My mom came over to me and handed me a bowl of chicken noodle soup. I thanked her and began cautiously sipping at the hot meal. I finished the bowl and felt my throat sooth slightly. I smiled and looked at the girls, but something dark behind them caught my eyes. There was something dark huddled in the backyard and all I could do was stare at it, trying to figure out what is was. Then something ran over to it... no... someone. I watched the other person squat into the snow, looking the same as the first. I stared at them, feeling my stomach flip.

Who is that?

Several other people ran over to the two squatting figures. I could tell they were guys and that they were all very close. One of the guys standing up pushed one of the squatting ones over with his foot. They all began laughing and I froze to how they all laughed.

Oh god...

I could tell that it was EXO the minute they started laughing I could tell it was my precious friends. In my head I had always called them goofy because of their overreaction to something. I got off the couch and went over to the door leading outside.

"Rachel?" My mom looked up from the dishes.

I opened the door and felt the cold air freeze my running nose. Fresh snow had piled on the ground and I could tell it would be ankle deep.

"Aunt Rachie, you're not wearing any shoes!" Ava yelled to me as I ran out the door.

"Rachel!" My mother screamed after me.

EXO looked up and turned, looking at me. I tried to run as fast as I could. My feet were on fire as I ran through the snow bare foot, each step stinging more than the last.

"Rachel!" Chanyeol yelled and ran toward me.

After him everyone else began running to me. It seemed almost to be a race to see who could reach me first. Chanyeol had an early start, so he was the first to pick me up in a hug.

"Chanyeol-ah!" I hugged him back.

He swung me around in a circle and then he slipped, falling into the snow with me above him. Baekhyun picked me off him and hugged me against his chest, cradling me to him.

"Baekhyun oppa!" I nuzzled into him.

"Hey!" Baekhyun complained as Lay and Luhan did a group hug.

The group hug grew and soon I was completely surrounded by EXO. I smiled happily and then frowned as I started to get the feeling back in my feet. Suho was the first to notice my frown.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Ummm... I just realized that in the excitement of seeing you guys I didn't put any shoes on..." I hissed and lifted one of my feet out of the freezing snow.

The bottom of my foot was red and small cuts were covering its surface. Small orbs of blood began welling up and streaming down my foot.

"Oh no!" Tao exclaimed and took no hesitance in picking me up and hurrying to the house.

Ava opened the door and looked at me oddly. I gave her a odd look back and stuck my tongue out. She smiled and laughed, following alongside Tao and sticking her tongue out at me. The two of us kept sticking our tongues out at each other until my mom came running.

"Rachel!" She approached us and then looked at Tao, "Why is he carrying you?" She asked.

"Hurt." Tao nodded to her.

"Hurt? Who's hurt and where?" My mom asked slowly, realizing he doesn't speak English.

"She hurt." He nodded to me.

My mom looked at me, "Are you okay sweetheart?"

"I didn't think and cut up my feet by running out there to see them." I laughed nervously and lifted my feet in acknowledgement.

My mom hurried and cleared her drying dishes off the counter and made a spot for me to sit. She pointed to the spot and beckoned for Tao to set me there. He set me down on the counter and my sweater lifted up and little, exposing my lower back. Everyone in EXO were standing behind me and I heard them mumble something. I quickly fixed my sweater, covering it back up.

"Payden?" My mother yelled.

"Yeah Grandma?" Payden came running around the corner.

She looked at EXO in wonder for a moment, before approaching me. She looked at my bleeding feet and widened her eyes.

"In my bathroom upstairs there is gauze in one of the drawers and alcohol pads..." My mother started naming off then stopped, "You know what, you stay here with her and get a wet towel to wipe her feet and I'll go get the gauze and stuff, okay?"

Payden nodded and grabbed a old towel from the laundry room as my mom ran upstairs.

"What's going on?" Lay asked.

"They are getting things to treat the wound." I informed him.

"Oh..." Suho mumbled.

"Oh yeah! Kyungsoo, I forget to tell you about your shoes." I mumbled.

"Chanyeol told me, don't worry." He smiled at me sweetly and rubbed my head.

I smiled down at my hands and felt my heart flutter. Payden came rushing back in with a wet towel and a bowl full of water. She knelt down by my feet and gently began wiping the towel across the small cuts. It burned slightly, but I didn't show it, I just sat there patiently.

"Does it hurt?" She asked.

"A little, but it's okay, I'm fine." I smiled.

"Alright, tell me if it hurts too much."

I nodded to her and looked at Ava and Savannah who patiently stood behind Payden with worried looks. I smiled to them and beckoned them over, having them sit on the counter next to me.

"Are you okay Aunt Rachie?" Savannah asked.

"I'm fine, do you want to do the gwiyomi with me to keep me calm?" I asked as I knew they loved to dance to that.

Ava looked behind us to the boys and nervously looked at me.

"I don't know..." She said nervously.

I leaned into her ear, "What if I got them to do it with us?" I asked.

She smiled at me, "That would be cool!"

I turned to the boys and specifically looked at Suho.

"Suho oppa, come here." I spoke to him.

He stepped forward, "Yeah?"

I beckoned for his ear, "My nieces are a little nervous so they want to do the gwiyomi song with me, but they don't want to do it with you guys just watching... Can you get everyone to do it with us?" I asked sweetly.

"I don't know..." He looked a little worried and looked back at everyone.

"If you won't, I will." I gave him a serious look.

"I'll try." He smiled and patted my head.

He turned to everyone and explained the whole situation to them, hoping they would agree. They all sighed and made a circle around us, some of them a little nervous.

"We'll do it." Chanyeol smiled happily.

"Thank you!" I clapped my hands.

"This isn't going to be recorded, right?" Tao asked in worry.

"No Tao, it isn't." I laughed.

"He's worried about his image." Baekhyun smirked.

I laughed and explained to the girls what was going on.

"Okay, From the chorus," I smiled. "1, 2, 3, go."

We began singing and dancing to the song. The kitchen began a montage of harmony that sounded really good. We finished and the girls hugged me tightly and smiled at the boys.

"That was cool!" Payden laughed as she kept wiping my feet.

"You girls feel better?" I asked them.

"Yeah, I feel like everything is back to normal." Savannah smiled.

"Don't worry, nothing will change." I smiled and rubbed her head.

"You're very good with kids." Luhan smiled.

"I hate seeing anyone sad, I just think it's easier to calm kids down than it is adults." I smiled.

They all hummed in agreement and watched me soothe their nerves. I heard my mom’s pounding feet stomp down the stairs. The boys quickly made a path for her to get through.

“Why were you so dumb?!” My mom growled as she roughly applied Neosporin.

I scrunched my nose in pain.

“Are you okay?” Kai asked as my face contorted into pain.

“I’m fine.” I spoke through my teeth.

I saw them all look between each other as my mom wrapped my foot painfully.

“What did you just say to them?” My mom asked.

“We ask if she’s okay, she said she’s fine.” Kris explained.

“She’s not fine…” My mom hissed.

“I was caught in the moment, don’t yell.” I mumbled, hoping she wouldn’t scare them.

“I know… But don’t you think it would have been smarter to put some shoes on?” She sighed.

“I’m sorry Umma…” I mumbled.

She finished and put slippers on for me; she stood and rubbed my head.

“It’s okay, but this isn’t good for your cold.”

“I know.” I coughed.

“Are you sick?” Kris asked.

“Just a little.” I nodded.

“Go lay on the couch, Fawn knocked over your soup in the commotion, so I need to make more.” My mother growled a little as she helped walk me to the couch.

“I’m sorry Umma, it’s okay.” I patted her arm as I sat on the couch.

“I like make soup.” Kyungsoo bowed and asked my mom.

She seemed taken aback by his sudden words, “Sure sweetie! Go ahead and use anything you want.” My mom opened her arms and exposed the kitchen for his use.

He looked to me a moment then went into the large kitchen, slowly looking in the cabinets and pulling out what he needed. The boys awkwardly stood in the living room, looking around.

“Kris, can you go help Kyungsoo ask questions?” I asked sweetly.

Kris nodded and headed to the kitchen. My mom was currently helping them in the kitchen. The girls were all sitting around me on the couch, looking at EXO suspiciously.

Payden leaned into me, "Luhan is the one in the dark blue jacket and white beanie... right?" She asked, not taking her eyes off him.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Luhan?" Payden called for him and he looked to her in shock.

"Me?" Luhan pointed to himself.

"Yeah... do you want to sit here?" Payden pointed to the spot in between us.

Luhan turned to me, "What is she saying?"

"She wants to know if you want to sit here." I explained.

"Ummm..." He looked at all the members.

"You all can sit over here if you want." I directed their attention to the open spots on the couch and everywhere else open.

They all nodded and slowly and cautiously took their seats around me. They were all very stiff and obviously uncomfortable.

"They all look awkward." Ava spoke out loudly.

"Ava! Keep things like that to yourself, even though you're right." I looked at her.

"What did she say?" Suho asked.

"Something about being awkward..." Chanyeol mumbled.

"I'm awkward?" Lay asked in confusion.

"You are... But I don't think that's what she meant." Xiumin laughed.

They got into a conversation about who's more awkward. They visibly relaxed as they talked and Payden and I just rolled our eyes.

"Hey umma?" I yelled into the kitchen.

Kyungsoo and my mom both turned saying, "Yes?"

They looked at each other and Kyungsoo turned back to the food in embarrassment. I started laughing and my mom smiled as she walked over to me.

"What do you need sweetheart?" She asked as she lightly pat my head.

"I was wondering where dad was?" I asked.

"He went out to get food since we have 12 extra mouths to feed."

"Sorry..." I looked down.

"It's not your fault, the weather is at fault." She smiled.

My sore throat started to feel better as time went on.

"I'm feeling a little better, I think that medicine worked." I looked to my  mom hopefully.

"I hope you feel better!" Savannah smiled.

My mom went back to the kitchen and Payden continued playing on her phone.

"After I eat do you want to go play some Halo?" I asked.

"That would be great!" She smiled.

"What are you guys talking about?" Baekhyun put his arm around my shoulders.

I smiled over at him and playfully pretended to bite his arm. He laughed and lightly flicked my shoulder.

"We are going to play video games after I'm done eating." I smiled to him.

"Oooh! What game?" He asked in an excited manner.

"We like to play Halo, I like being the sniper." I demonstrated and lightly yelled "Pew! Pew! Pew!"

I heard him laugh loudly, an extravagant show of mirth. I smiled at him and felt Payden nudge me.

"I have something you need to listen to." She held a headphone out to me.

I placed it in my ear and heard my voice. Payden had asked me several questions about Luhan that would indicate our relationship. The conversation was obviously taken when I wasn't paying attention, my answers completely honest and unguarded, my voice monotone. I looked at her and she smirked.

"When did you record this?!" I hissed.

"Oh Luhan~!" My niece called out to the man at my feet.

He turned his head and I grabbed Payden's mouth, making her be quiet. The members all looked at me suspiciously.

"She has some information that you don't need to hear." I smiled.

"Like what?" Chen asked hopefully.

"Like..." I tried to think of something that would keep them away from the conversation, something gross, "...When I'm PMSing." I hoped that would work.

"That would be nice to know." Kai laughed a little.

"Oh, so you want to know so that you can avoid me in our now shared living space?" I asked seriously.

"I would never want to avoid you, I just would want to know when I need to watch what I say." He smiled nervously.

"Good thinking." I nodded, pleased with his answer, "I'll warn you when it starts."

He nodded and I turned to Payden angrily, "What?" She laughed.

"Don't you dare share that with anyone!" I growled.

"Okay, but I'm not the only one who recorded it." She winked at me.

I looked over to where the girls were sitting to see their spots empty.

"Where are they?"

"I don't know..." Payden looked over and stared at their empty spots for a sec.

"What's wrong?" Chanyeol asked.

"My nieces have some information they want to show you, but I rather you didn't hear it and now they've run off into hiding." I explained.

"We can go find them." Lay mumbled.

"Yeah!" Chanyeol laughed.

"Don't worry! Your wolves shall be on the hunt!" Xiumin giggled.

I laughed and they all stood in unison.

"Please be careful where you go, my parents like to collect breakable items." I warned them.

They all nodded and looked between each other. They got in a circle and whispered something to each other before quickly dispersing. Payden and I sat there, talking about how weird they were. After about 10 minutes of their hunt I heard one little girl screaming.

"I think that's Savannah." Payden sighed.

"Found one!" Chanyeol yelled.

Suddenly another scream erupted, "And there's Ava."

"Found the other!" Baekhyun yelled.

The two boys came downstairs with the girls draped over their shoulders. They sat them on the ground in front of me.

"Hand me your phones and ipods." I placed my hand out in an expecting manner.

They handed me both devices and I looked through them. I played the first recording out loud and it said "Luhan" in the first sentence. That indicated to me that it was the right recording. I deleted it.

"Why did that just say Luhan?" Baekhyun asked as he and Chanyeol took their seats around me.

"Nothing..." I mumbled as I deleted the recording from the remaining three devices.

I handed the electronics back to the girls and watched them scatter. As they disappeared Kyungsoo walked around the couch and looked at everyone before settling his eyes on me. He was holding a glass bowl with obvious steam coming from the liquid inside. Luhan, who retook his seat at my feet, stood and helped move the table so that it was in front of me. Kyungsoo came over and set the bowl in front of me, handing me a spoon.

I leaned forward and inhaled the scent. My eyes rolled as the smell was intoxicating. The soup smelled delicious, something made from heaven. A crisp scent of chicken and a lovely smell of basil and garlic. I smiled up to him and he blankly stared at the bowl. I took a small amount on my spoon and sipped it in. I swallowed the amount and smiled brightly.

"Kyungsoo-ah! This is like the best soup I think I've ever tasted!" I smiled to him.

His ears became a slight pink, "Is it really okay?" He asked hopefully.

"Oh I'm going to enjoy this! You should make this when we get back." I smiled to him happily.

He smiled for a moment and then went back to blankly staring at the boys. Baekhyun placed his arm around my shoulders and leaned his chin against my shoulder.

"I want some too~!" He whispered to me.

I sighed and got a small amount on my spoon, holding my hand under it. I moved to feed him and he smiled at me before eating it.

"How is it?" I asked.

"Very good~!" He sang.

"Good." I mumbled and went back to eating.

After a moment I realized that I just used the same spoon as Baekhyun. I stared at the spoon for a moment.

Is that an indirect kiss?

"Can I have a taste?" Chanyeol leaned into me with a smile.

"Sure..." I did the same for him that I did for Baekhyun.

He smiled and gave Kyungsoo two thumbs up.

"You did good!" He laughed.

Kyungsoo smiled and nodded. I started eating again and then realized that Chanyeol had also placed his lips on my spoon.

Another indirect kiss?!

I sighed and continued eating, hoping no one else would want a sip. Today the lord decided not to listen to my prayers and I eventually hand fed a small amount to each member, even Kyungsoo. After that I just gave up and continued eating.

I just indirectly kissed everyone from EXO, no problem.

I started to get an eye twitch as I thought on it. I finished the soup and took in several deep breaths, trying to calm my racing heart.

"Are you okay Rachel?" Baekhyun whispered in my ear, his breath coming out as puffs against my skin.

"Just thinking... Why?" I asked as goose bumps traveled from his presence.

Everyone else was in their own little conversation, the two of us alone.

"You looked very confused, what were you thinking about?" He questioned me as he turned his body to face mine.

"The spoon..." I mumbled, looking back at the silverware.

"Were you thinking about how we all used the same spoon?" He asked.

I looked back at him with wide eyes, "How did you-"

"I could tell." He laughed.

"It's just... It's like an indi-" I stopped mid sentence, not really wanting to finish.

"What?" He asked, tilting his head sideways.

"Nothing..." I averted the question.

"Come on~!" He whined and started poking my sides.

"Noooooooo~!" I giggled.

"Ahhhh.... Kkaepsong...." He sighed.

I started laughing hysterically and Baekhyun smiled and began chuckling along with me.

"Ahhhh kkaepsong...." I imitated his soft voice and began laughing again.

The two of us continued to say that word and laugh for a while until I felt Payden nudge me. I looked over to her with a smile at her bored look.

"Can we go play some video games now?" She asked.

I sighed and leaned in to whisper in her ear.

"Let's wait until they're all asleep, then we can play, just the two of us. Does that sound good?" I asked in a hushed tone.

"That sounds great!" She smiled.

"Kkaepsong..." Baekhyun whispered in my ear, making me jump and laugh at the same time.

Payden finally got tired of not being able to talk with me and got up, running upstairs and grabbing my laptop. She plugged it in and sat down, Chanyeol in between us. She looked at me and showed me the pass code screen, raising an eyebrow. I typed in the code and handed it back.

"Rachel, can you go through this and exit out of the things you don't need?" Payden asked as she handed it back.

 I leaned back into the couch and looked at each screen that was open. At least four of them were stories I was writing, ten more were songs I had started writing and the rest was SM articles on the web. I saved all my stories and songs and exited out of the websites. I handed it back and smiled. She pulled open a website and began playing games. I laughed a little and looked out the living room window. The bright white of the snow made my heart flutter. I felt as though I could sit there all day and watch the snow. Just looking at the white of the ground made me smile, even though my heart felt as though it would cry. Whenever I looked at the snow I wanted to cry. I stared at it and watched everything become blurry. My whole life felt meaningless when I looked at the snow.

Why do you make me feel this way?

"What's wrong?" Chanyeol asked.

I jumped a little and turned my head, looking to him in a daze.

"What?" I asked, blinking several times.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he reached up and wiped something off my cheek.

I looked at his hand and saw it wet at the tip, a sign of a tear.

"I'm okay." I smiled weakly, my face not wanting to cooperate.

"Are you-" He started but I stood, interrupting him.

"Don't worry, I get emotional just looking at snow." I smiled and patted his hand softly.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"I'm heading to the bathroom." I giggled to his worry.

"Oh..." He relaxed back onto the couch.

I turned my head and smiled a little to myself before heading up the stairs. I didn't need to use the restroom, I just wanted some time to myself. I closed my bathroom door and locked it behind me. The cream colored walls were lit with a light glow from the windows. The green tiled shower was halfway in the dark and still looked as welcoming as it did when I was young. I walked into it and sat down in the corner, pulling my knee's up. I sat there a moment and didn't feel like crying, I just wanted to sit in silence for a moment, compose myself. I started humming a sad song that I had listened to when I was at training. It was "It's Okay" by Younha. I began singing it out softly and my voice became louder with every shaky breath. The emotion of the song buried into me and made me sing out loudly in desperation. When I finished I just sat there, out of breath, completely relaxed. I smiled and stood, knowing I was okay enough to go back downstairs. I looked in the mirror to make sure I looked fine. I fixed my hair a little and went to the door, taking in a deep breath. I opened it and found Lay standing outside, leaning against the wall.

"Lay... You scared me..." I laughed nervously.

Had he heard me?

"I want to talk to you..." He looked at me with a hopeful look.

My heart melted to his sad look, "Sure." I smiled and opened the door to the bathroom wider.

He stepped in and watched me close the door, not bothering to lock it. I went over to the shower and retook my spot on the ground. I smiled to him and nodded to the other side of the shower. He slowly sat down, his legs too long for the cramped space.

"You can spread your legs out if you want."

"Oh..." He slowly extended his legs until they were right next to me.

I patted his shin in acknowledgment, "What do you need to talk about?"

"I noticed this look on your face recently," He looked up at me to almost make sure he was still allowed to continue, "It reminded me of myself a little..."

"What kind of look was it?" I whispered as I pulled my knees up.

"That lonely kind of look that makes you want to cry, but you can't..." He mumbled and looked down at his intertwined fingers.

"I see..." I pressed my lips against my knees as if to silence myself.

"If you ever..." Lay started then stopped, taking in a deep breath, "If you ever need someone to talk to, come to me, okay? No one else."

The tone of his voice made me look at him happily, "I will."

"Good." He nervously looked around.

"Do you need to ask something else?" I asked.

"Uhh.. Yeah..." He nodded.

"Ask away, I'll listen." I smiled.

"Well, there is this girl..." He laughed anxiously.

"Alright." I nodded.

Who would have thought Lay would come to me for girl troubles.

"She is kind of new, but is very sweet and knows how to keep herself and everyone around her uplifted." He smiled a little to himself.

"She sounds wonderful." I smiled.

"I saw an old picture of her and realized that she is really something special."

"She is very lucky to have caught your eye," I smiled and patted his shin again, "What's wrong though, why are you telling me about her?"

"Well I don't know what to do... I think she likes the other members better..." He sighed.

"If I were you.... I would try to keep her from them, spend the most time with her and hope she would fall for me." I thought on it as I spoke.

"I see... So when the other members are thinking of taking her somewhere, take her with just the two of us instead?" He asked.

"That sounds right... but don't do it too often, she might pick up on it too soon if you do." I nodded a little to my own words.

"Right... And what would you do if you were her?" He asked slowly.

"If I was her? And you stole me away for a day?" I thought on it with my finger pressed to my lips, "I would gladly have fun with you." I smiled to him.

At that it seemed as though his cheeks turned slightly scarlet, "Then I shall steal you away some day." He laughed.

"I would love it, thank you." I smiled and bowed my head.

He nodded and used the walls to help himself up into a standing position. I watched him stand with curiosity. He reached a hand forward and offered to help me up. I smiled and took his hand, feeling the strength of being pulled up. In seconds I was standing with my body against his. I widened my eyes and took a step back.

"I'm so sorry!" The two of us spoke in unison.

I looked down at my feet and sighed.

This shower really is too small for both of us to be in here...

"I-I'm going to g-go first..." He stuttered and slightly bowed to me before hurrying out of the shower and out of the bathroom.

I sighed, "I'll follow..."

I left the bathroom and went into my room, pulling out a journal I carried with me everywhere. I opened it to an un-used page and began writing. I wrote about Lay's questions, about seeing them all today, about the gwiyomi song, and about how happy I was that I wanted to cry. I finished the page and dated it before sliding it back in its hiding place. I heard light pounding of feet running up the stairs and I froze for a second.

"Rachel?" I heard Luhan whisper.

"Luhan?" I whispered back and walked out from behind my desk.

"There you are!" He smiled and ran into my room, hugging me.

I jumped to his touch and looked at the wall blankly as I wrapped my arms around him cautiously, "Is everything okay?"

"I just couldn't find you and got scared for a sec." He sighed.

"Don't worry oppa, I won't leave you." I smiled and patted his back.

"Let's go do something fun." He pulled back and smiled at me kindly.

"What do you have in mind?" I asked openly.

He looked to the side in thought, "What about a movie?" He smiled.

"That sounds great! Let me look at some movie times." I nodded and pulled out my phone, looking for something good.

"How about this one?" Luhan pointed to "Frozen".

I smiled, "Are you sure it's okay? None of these will be in Korean..." I mumbled.

"That's okay, sometimes it's good to watch, and if I really want to know what they said I'll ask you." He tilted his head and smiled while patting my shoulder.

I know that we are close, but I'm still a little nervous around them... Is it because I see them as men instead of my good friends?

I nodded and briskly walked past him, heading downstairs in a hurry. I could hear his delicate footsteps behind me. I walked into the living room and saw everyone look up at me.

"Wassup?" Tao mumbled.

"Do you guys want to go see a movie?" I asked.

"Sure!" Several of them jumped in happiness to the idea.

The others seemed slightly skeptical to the thought.

"What movie?" Sehun asked.

"Luhan wants to go see Frozen." I said calmly and several of them sat back down.

"Isn't that for kids?" Kris asked.

"Yes, but it will be fun." I smiled, hoping to convince them to go.

"I don't know..." Kai sighed a little sadly.

"Okay, that's fine." I nodded and headed into the kitchen where my mom sat at the counter, messing with her ipad.

"Hey umma." I smiled and softly placed my chin on her shoulder, looking at what she was doing.

Her mind and fingers were currently focused on ordering something online.

"Hey baby, what's up?" She asked as she clicked 'Add to Cart' on a nice silk shirt.

"Luhan and I are going to go see a movie, alright?" I spoke in an almost pleading way.

She turned and looked at me, "Are you feeling well enough?"

"I'm feeling a lot better, as long as I stay warm and have a small supply of tissues on hand I'll be fine." I smiled and gave her a peace sign.

"Alright, go ahead and take some money from my wallet and wait for dad to come back, that way you can take my car." She smiled and placed a delicate hand to my cheek.

"Thanks umma. " I gave her a quick hug and then went over to Luhan. 

He was sitting on the extended stone in front of the fireplace. The grey set of the stone made his appearance pop out like a light. I took a moment and just looked at him in wonder. His soft, curious face was set in a semi happy stare at his fellow members. He was leaning on his slightly spread legs, his elbows on his knees. His mouth was agape and the corners of his mouth twitched upward, a short glimpse of a smile. He bent forward when he laughed, placing his hands together. His delicate nature was something I could watch forever.

I really am lucky to have them in my life.

I looked and smiled to myself quickly before heading over to him in a happy skip. I sat down next to him, our legs touching. He looked up at me and smiled, a smile that welcomed me into his world.

"Let's go as soon as my dad gets here." I mumbled to him.

"We're still going?" He looked happy, yet shocked. 

"Are you okay with it just being the two of us?" I tilted my head in wonder as I asked. 

"That would be great!" He smiled, "So then... it will be like a... date?" His cheeks pinked at the question.

I gulped and felt my heart speed up, "I g-guess..."

"A-Alright... Tell me when we're leaving..." He mumbled and averted his gaze as his lips twitched into a smile.

Even though it would be us two as adults, Payden and the girls would also be there. My heart still raced at the thought of us going together in a date like atmosphere. I went into the kitchen and opened a banana,  eating it quietly. I thought of what would happen if the girls weren't going. I assumed he would have been slightly awkward about it and it made me smile to the fruit in wonder. Payden came running from the living room, a wild look of excitement on her face. 

"Are we really going to see a movie?" She asked. 

"Yeah, just you, the girls, Luhan, and I." I smiled and patted her neck thoughtfully. 

"Luhan's coming too?" She leaned in and asked me with curiosity. 

"Yeah, is that okay?" I asked.

Even if it's not, he's still coming.

"Yeah, Luhan's really nice." She smiled brightly.

"I'm glad you think that way." I smiled to her. 

"What movie are we going to see?" She asked. 

"Frozen." I mumbled as I threw away my empty banana peel. 

"Nice!" She gave me two thumbs up. 

After that the door to the garage opened and my father came walking in with several grocery bags. I ran over to him and took the bags from him, feeling their weight immediately. 

"Do you need help?" I asked him. 

"Yeah, there a few bags still in the car." He nodded and gave me a hug, "How are you feeling?"

"I'm better." I patted his back. 

"That's good." He pulled back. 

I looked into the kitchen for Payden and saw her on her phone. 

"Hey, come help grandpa bring in the groceries." I beckoned her as I placed the bags I was holding on the counter. 

"Okay!" She came running and hurried out into the garage. 

"Do you need help?" Suho came into the kitchen. 

"It's alright, I got it." I smiled to him. 

"Are you sure?" He tilted his head in question. 

"If I need help you will be the first I call over, k?" I smiled to him as I began unpacking bags. 

"Alright..." He nodded and turned, heading back to the living room. 

He occasionally looked back at me in worry. I laughed a little to myself as I put away some crackers. 

Does he think I can't do it?

I started to put away the crackers and a box started to tumble off the top shelf.  Its red sharp corners came tumbling right for my face. I quickly covered my head, hoping the box wouldn't hit me too hard. I stood there a moment and never felt the box hit. I didn't even hear it hit the ground. I slowly pulled my arms away, feeling as if the box could hit me at any time. I looked up and saw a long arm directly over my head, holding the box tightly. I turned my head a little and saw Chanyeol, his eyes wide and staring at me.

"Are you okay?" He asked in worry.

"I'm good, thank you..." I mumbled and slowly stepped away.

I looked up at his hand and saw a white glint in his knuckles. A small dent began to form in the box as he gripped it tightly. I reached up and softly took the box from him, smiling.

"Good thing I was walking by..." He smiled.

"Yeah, it would have hurt if you weren't there." I smiled back and looked back up into the cupboard, an empty spot where the box should be.

It was clearly out of my reach, too high for me. I still tried, getting on the tip of my toes, stretching for the spot. Chanyeol chuckled next to me.

"Here." He gently took the box from me and approached the spot where I stood.

His torso was pressed against me and I was pressed into the fridge. I was trapped as he gracefully reached up and put the box away. I didn't mean to, but when I inhaled I smelled his sweet scent. He smelled something of sugar and vanilla. It matched his upbeat and happy personality and it made me smile a little. He brought his arm back down and looked down at the small space between us.

"Thank you." I mumbled.

"Why are you smiling?" He chuckled.

I giggled a little, feeling like a love struck teenager, "You smell like your personality." I had no problem speaking my mind.

"I do?" He looked a little surprised.

He reached down and lifted the bottom of his shirt, lifting it to his nose for further inspection. As he lifted his shirt I saw the bear skin of his stomach and I just froze a little, my stomach flipping.

"Y-Yeah..." I mumbled.

No impure thoughts Rachel! You're supposed to be innocent!!

I averted my eyes and felt my eyes grow wider as I thought on it.

Am I really looking at them as men instead of friends?

"Rachel?" Chanyeol poked my nose and dropped his shirt, "You okay?"

"Huh?" I looked up at him in shock, "Yeah, I'm fine, just had a weird thought, don't worry about it." I smiled sweetly.

"Alright," He nodded and then looked around, seeing if anyone was watching us.

Chanyeol-ah, we're out in the middle of the kitchen, anyone could see us.

"What are you doing?" I laughed a little.

He leaned into my ear and began whispering, "Do you have time after everyone falls asleep? Time to talk?"

I was plainly stunned by the questions, the thought that the open Chanyeol had to tell me something in private. I nodded and he smiled brightly, showing off his bright and sparkling teeth.

"Rachel?" Payden's voice erupted from around the corner.

Chanyeol jumped and took a step back, hitting his head on the bottom of the open cabinet.

"Chanyeol-ah! Are you okay?!" I yelled.

He held the back of his head tightly and his elbows covered his face. His breath came out in hisses of pain. I place my hands on his head gently, hoping not to hurt him. Payden came around the corner and looked at him weirdly.

"Is he okay?" She stared at him a moment, "Did I do that?" She pointed to herself.

"Just a little..." I mumbled.

"Ahhh... that hurt." He sighed and started to straighten.

I jumped and put my hand over the sharp cabinet end, his head hitting my hand instead. He quickly brought his head back down, backing out of the small space.

"Woah, that was close." He nodded.

"You need to be careful Chanyeol-ah, I can't have you getting hurt." I smiled to him and closed the cabinet.

He stared at me a moment, a deep thought in his eyes. I looked at Payden and saw her curious eyes focused on Chanyeol's face. I looked back up at him and slowly reached up, my hand getting closer to his face. I pinched his cheek between my thumb and pointer finger.

"Ah!" He scrunched his nose in disapproval.

"What are you staring at? Huh?" I joked.

"Rach, you can take the car now." My dad came around the corner.

"Thanks dad!" I smiled to him and then looked back at Chanyeol.

"Don't hurt yourself while I'm gone." I nodded to him in an affirmative way.

"Where are you going?" He asked while his mouth was partially open.

I released his cheek, knowing it would probably start hurting by now. I turned back to the groceries and began putting them away again.

"I'm taking the girls to see the movie. You are to stay and take care of the house and boys while I'm gone." I nodded to him.

"Alright." He nodded, "What time are you going to be back?" He asked.

"I don't know, do you want me to text you when I'm leaving?" I put away the last of the groceries and folded the bag into its appropriate shape.

"Yeah, that way I'll know how late I have to stay up." He nodded and yawned off to the side.

"Go ahead and take a nap, I'll wake you when I get home. Okay?" I smiled to him and gathered all the folded bags.

"Rachie! I'm ready to go!" Ava and Savannah came running.

They had changed out of the their pajamas and into some nice jeans and sweaters. Their clothes were fashionably put together and it made me look to their outfits in confusion. Ava's sweater was tan with silver buttons that randomly decorated one shoulder and it was obviously too large for her small body. Savannah's sweater was black that faded up into grey, it's collar beaded with white sparkles.

Why do they look familiar?

I shook the thought off and looked back to Chanyeol.

"Don't worry, I won't forget, go take a nap." I smiled and softly patted his cheek.

He stared at me thoughtfully for a moment before smiling and heading back to the living room. I went into the living room, standing where Luhan could see me, but the other guys wouldn't.

"Go get in the car girls, I'll be right behind you." I told the girls.

They all left without a word, their small mass disappearing in moments. The clothes they wore finally clicked. I growled a little to the fact that they took my clothes without telling me. I sighed and looked over to Luhan and swung my arms ungracefully. I made a lot of extravagant movements for him to notice me. Finally I caught his attention. I beckoned him over and I saw his eyes widen as he quickly stood. His mouth was in an 'O' shape and he blinked several times before turning away from everyone and walking around the couches. He approached me and nodded.

"Go ahead and get in the car, I already left Chanyeol in charge, I'm going to say goodbye to my parents." I informed him.

"Alright." He nodded.

I watched his figure cautiously walk toward the door and open it, looking outside as if it were an unknown land. He took a step out and looked around before taking another step out and closing the door behind him. I looked down at the floor and sighed.

I couldn't help but notice how lonely he was...

His posture indicated that of someone slightly lonely, someone fighting to stay happy. I nodded, determined to help him. I turned and grabbed my black button up jacket off the counter. I went over to my mother, her position now taking a spot at the stove.

"We're going now." I touched her back to let her know I was behind her.

She still jumped a little and turned to me with a smile, "Have fun sweetie! Did you grab money?" She asked.

"Yeah." I smiled.

"Be careful driving, and don't let those girls distract you." She giggled a little.

I laughed, "Don't worry, I'm a safe driver and it takes a lot to distract me."

"Okay, text me when you're leaving." She nodded.

"Alright." I smiled and headed out toward the door, the keys and my wallet making my jacket pockets heavy.

My cell phone and Ipod were in my pocket and my headphones were draped over my neck, hanging in front of my chest. I grabbed a hat out of the front hall closet and put it on my head before opening the door and feeling the cold, brisk air hit my nerves. I shivered and whined a little as I closed the door and hurried to the driver side of the car. I jumped in and buckled up, trying to get warmer. I looked to the passenger side and saw Payden sitting there on her phone.  I stared at her a moment and glared a little. I turned and looked in the back seat and saw Luhan squished between Ava and Savannah. I turned back to Payden with a growl.

She looked over at me and jumped a little, "What?"

"Why did you make him sit back there?" I asked in irritation.

"I don't know... I wanted to site here." She shrugged.

"Payden, he's a gust here, you let the guests sit in the front." I explained angrily.

"You just want your boyfriend to sit here." She sighed and unbuckled herself, opening the door.

"Boyfriend?!" I asked in almost shock.

"I see how it is, you want to spent time with your man, rather than having me next to you." She sighed and opened the door to the back, "Ava, move out, Luhan has to sit in the front."

Ava nodded and climbed out, "Come on Luhan." She beckoned him out.

"What?" He asked, looking between everyone in confusion.

"You are going to change seats with Payden, Ava is asking you to get out of the car." I explained, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Oh..." Luhan unbuckled himself and climbed out of the car.

He got into the front and Payden and Ava got into the back, Payden's eyes staring at me with a smirk.

"Okay, for the last time, he is NOT my boyfriend, so stop with the whole 'because he's your boyfriend' thing. Okay?" I hissed at her as I backed the car out of the garage.

"Alright, but I still think he's your boyfriend." She sighed, her tone showing that she just wanted to anger me.

I closed the garage and pulled out of the driveway and onto the street, "He is not my boyfriend, I'll even ask him." I nodded to her.

"How will I know that you lie about what his answer is?" She smirked.

"Alright, 'aniyo' means 'no' and 'neh' means 'yes'. I'll tell him he can only respond in yes or no." I growled a little to how difficult she was being.

"Alright, go ahead."

I took in a deep breath and spoke to Luhan, "Luhan, Payden is insisting that you're my boyfriend. Tell her the truth and you can only say 'yes' or 'no'."

"Alright." He nodded and turned in his seat to face her, "Yes."

"WHAT?!" Payden, Ava, Savannah, and I all yelled in unison.

In the sudden shock I had hit the accelerator and picked up speed, only slowing back down when I let out a pent up breath.

"YOU'RE DATING SOMEONE AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME?!" Payden yelled at me.

"I didn't even know we were dating!" I yelled back.

"Aunt Rachie! Are you going to marry him?!" Ava asked.

"We're not dating! Why would I marry him?!" I yelled at her as I pulled onto the expressway.

"I don't know! We don't know how long you've been dating!" Savannah howled.

"WE'RE NOT DATING!" I yelled in anger.

"Why is everyone yelling?!" Luhan yelled.

"Because you said we were dating!" I yelled.

"Is that bad?" He asked.

"Yes! We're not dating!"

"Well why aren't we?!" He yelled and then went silent, turning his head away.

I glanced at him several times in the silence, seeing what else he wanted to say.

Is this some type of pent up words he has?

"What did he say?" Payden asked.

"Shhh!" Ava hushed her sister, "Rachie's gonna say something."

"Luhan... Did you want to date me?" I asked in revelation.

"It's not that easy." He muttered.

"I'm not asking if it's easy or not, I'm asking if you were asking to." I sighed and pulled into the movie theaters parking lot.

I pulled the car into a parking space, "Well I would if I could... I guess..." He mumbled and got out of the car.

I climbed out after him, the girls following me. Payden grabbed my arm and whispered into me.

"What was that just now? He looks like he's walking on ice." She mumbled.

I stared at Luhan and saw him slip and fall on his , "That's because he is walking on ice." I laughed and ran over to him, helping him up.

"Thanks." He mumbled and pouted a little, looking off to the bright lights of the theater.

"You don't have to act like it was a big fight, we can talk about it later, let's just have fun for now. Tonight you can act as if we are dating, or you can act normal. Your choice." I helped him brush some snow off his pants.

"Just tonight, when no one can stop us?" He asked.

"Yeah," I smiled and offered him my hand to walk in.

It's just for tonight, just to make him feel better. This way he won't have pressure of the guys and managers and such things.

"Come on! We're gonna miss it with you slow pokes!" Payden yelled behind to us.

"Coming!" I smiled and grabbed Luhan's hand, pulling him toward the entrance.

He began laughing and running along with me. The carefree look in his eyes, the glorious shine of his smile. His eyes sparkled with passion and a kindness that I've never seen. His hand kept me warm as we ran through the mush together, ran through all the rough obstacles in our way. I hoped that we could always help each other over come our obstacles together.


Hey everyone! So this is my new chapter... I don't know if I should keep updating, I mean I have no subscribers, just some upvotes. Oh well.

As you probably noticed I put pictures ALL through this chapter! :) I'm going to take time tonight and go through the old chapters and do the same. The WARRIOR one made me laugh haha