Chapter 13

An Idol's Dream

Kyungsoo's P.O.V

Kai and I had gotten home a while ago and realized that Rachel still hadn't made her way back yet. Kai decided to go watch some TV in the living room and I wanted to make a nice dinner for when Rachel came home from her tiring day. I happily hummed and started the meal, awaiting for her to walk through the door. When I had time to walk away from the cooking meal I went into my room and looked out the window to my direct view of the front doors and street. My timer went off and I had to run back to the meal, making it quickly. I set out a bowl for Kai and myself, putting a lid on the rest to keep it warm for Rachel.

"Thanks Kyungsoo." Kai smiled to me.

"I hope it's okay, it's a new recipe." I mumbled as I waited for his reaction.

He took a quick bite and smiled at me, "It's really good!"

"Good, I'll make spaghetti next time, since I know you like it and Rachel hasn't tried it yet." I smiled, thinking of what her reaction will be.

"When is she supposed to come home?" Kai stopped eating and looked at me seriously.

"I don't know, let's finish eating and then I'll text her." I smiled as I started eating again.

The two of us finished our meals quickly and set our dishes in the sink. Kai went back to his TV show and I went over to the window with my phone in hand. I watched a taxi pull up and I smiled when I saw Rachel step out. I watched her turn and look back into the taxi.

Is someone else in there?

She leaned down with her ear toward this person, I watched the other person's head stick out of the taxi and whisper something to her before kissing her cheek and having the taxi take off. She stood there with her hand on her cheek.

Who was that? Why is she just standing there?

A feeling in the pit of my stomach made me angry. I felt somewhat betrayed and forgotten as I watched her stand there stunned. She grabbed her phone and answered an incoming call. She began slowly and awkwardly walking toward the building as she spoke on the phone. I hurried out of the apartment, Kai calling after me. I ignored him and went to the elevators. I got in one and called her.

The phone stopped ringing, indicating her picking up, "Rachel?"

"Oh! Hi Kyungsoo." She started laughing but her voice cracked and everything was followed by silence.

"Are you alright?" I asked, my fist clenching as I could feel her distracted state through the phone.

"Yeah, I'm fine! Just kinda tired, I'm heading into the building now." She mumbled.

"I see... I'll meet you in the lobby." I mumbled before hanging up.

She's going to keep it a secret...

I closed my eyes and scrunched my face in anger. The elevator dinged as I made it to the lobby and I opened my eyes, trying to give a smiling face. I saw her enter the building and I walked over to her quickly. The look on her face showed that something was clearly wrong. I could feel how tense my walk was, but I couldn't relax it, no matter how much I wanted to. No matter how much I wanted to forget the scene I saw, I couldn't.

"How was your day?" I asked, directing her toward the elevators.

"Alright, tiring, how was yours?" She asked, a suspicious tone to her voice.

I'm more suspicious than you are.

"It was good, I got home early today, so I made some dinner, do you want some?" I asked, trying to make it seem like everything was alright.

"Sure, but not too much because I need to get to bed." She mumbled.

"Alright." I nodded as I stared at my reflection in the elevators doors.

I looked at her reflection and watched her look up at me. I didn't dare look back, feeling as though questions would flow out of me. Who was he? Why did he take you home? Do you like him? Is he handsome? What am I to you? All these questions swirled through my mind as I watched her sadly look at the ground. I opened my mouth to say something when the elevator dinged and we silently went back to the apartment. I gave her dinner and put the rest away, she took the meal upstairs and closed her door, no sign of coming back out. I sighed and slammed my fist on the counter.

"Why am I acting like this?" I hissed to myself.

I was becoming a jerk just because I was jealous that whoever that was had taken up her mind. I took in several deep breaths and went into my room, getting ready for bed.

"Did she make it back alright?" Kai asked as I entered the room.

"Yeah..." I grumbled.

"What's wrong? Did something happen?" Kai sat up from his laying position on his bed, setting his phone down.

Should I tell him?

"No, she was just tired and so am I." I nodded to him.

He looked at me curiously as I laid in bed, turning so my back was to him.

How am I going to talk to her?