Part 13

An Idol's Dream

D.O P.O.V

My heart was pounding and my hands became clammy as I sat up on the bed. The bed sheets were clenched between my hands and I stared at Rachel's desk chair in slight confusion. First, my heart was pounding to the lingering feeling of her lips on my forehead. Second, I was silently dying to the fact that she was now single. Lastly... OH MY GOD... SHE KISSED MY FOREHEAD!!!!

Okay yes, I was fanboying a little, but it was mainly because every time she touched me, whether on accident or on purpose, tingles ran through my whole body. There was something bothering me though...

**FLASHBACK**

I just awoke and yawned, stretching my arms and legs. I was about to sit up and head downstairs to join everyone when suddenly the bedroom door clicked open. I laid still, making it seem like I was sleeping. If the person that came in needed me, they would "wake me", but if they didn't, I would wait until they left. The sound of someone sitting in her desk chair made me peak an eye open. I looked just in time to see Rachel turning her head my way. I closed my eyes and fainted sleep. She seemed to believe my possum act because the next thing I heard was her on the phone. Even though eavesdropping wasn't a good thing, I listened to everything that was spoke through her phone.

"Jimin-ah!" I heard her delightful voice giggle in the room.

Why is she so happy to talk to him? Isn't she with Sehun?

I could hear a frantic voice on the other end and it perked my interest. I tried my hardest to hear what the male was saying, but alas... All I could hear was Rachel.

"Yeah, I broke up with him, where do you want to meet? I have a date later so I can't sit with you for too long." She responded softly and I furrowed my brows.

If she's done with Sehun shouldn't she stay home or something?! Why is she going out to meet Jimin and THEN someone later?!

I was dying on the inside to know who this person was that she was going on a date with. I sighed and listened in carefully noticing that Jimin wanted to know the same thing.

"Don't worry about it, I'll tell you later. Now where are we meeting?" She spoke as if the issue wasn't a big one.

Okay... So she just broke up with Sehun and then is going on a date with Jimin and then some unknown person later... No big deal... NO correction! It's a VERY big deal!!

I laid there, trying my hardest to understand the words coming from the phone.

"Yeah, I'll leave now."

There was a pause for his response, then she spoke again in a delighted tone.

"See ya!"

I sat still as I heard the desk chair squeak a little as she turned in it. I could tell she hadn't left because she was soon on the phone again. The voice on the other end sounded just as happy as Jimin.

"Yes, yes I am." She responded happily.

You are what?

There was low grumble given in response.

"Yes, and you can just it up because it's payback for making him sleep in your dirty underwear!" She laughed, "Next time I come over I'm not touching your underwear." She laughed even harder.

Wait... Who's underwear has she been touching?!

I wanted to bolt from the bed and take her phone and find out who the hell she was talking to, but I stayed still. A loud shout echoed out of the phone and she giggled.

"I'll talk to you later, okay?" She responded as the familiar sound of her spinning in her chair echoed through the room.

There was a grumbled response before she spoke back in a loving manner, as if the person on the other end was child.

"Love you Kookie!" She cooed.

She's talking to Jungkook...

I heard her stand from her chair and it seemed like the conversation was over. I thought she had left the room, but was surprised to the sudden feeling of someone sitting next to my head. I tensed a little, but I soon relaxed upon feeling their fingers run thorough my hair. I knew it was Rachel, but I didn't understand why she was doing this. I wanted to know why she was shaking my heart so. A soft sigh escaped her lips before I heard her next words.

"Only if you knew... Only if you knew Kyungsoo..." She whispered before I suddenly felt the bed shift and a soft pair of lips touch my forehead.

I lost any thoughts that were previously in my head upon feeling her lips against my skin. I wished I could feel those lips against my own, but I was far from asking for something like this. She got up and left the room, leaving my body hot and my forehead warm with love, but cold from the lack of her lips.

You're killing me...

**END OF FLASHBACK**

I got up and ran downstairs, running straight into Chanyeol and almost falling over. His hands held me up and I nodded to him in thanks.

"Where'd Rachel go?" I asked

"Oh, she went out to meet Jimin, they agreed they would have coffee later."Chanyeol shrugged like it was nothing.

"Oh... Do you know what she is doing later?"I asked, silently wondering if Chanyeol knew of her plans for a date.

"Well I know that I'm taking her out for dinner, but otherwise I don't know."Chanyeol shrugged.

So Chanyeol is the date...

"Ah... I see."

"Sorry Hyung, I would've let you take her out, but I also know you wouldn't have taken her just the two of you." He placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder, "Don't worry, I'm taking her just the two of us as friends. I'll leave the romance stuff to you hyung." Chanyeol laughed and walked away.

I stood there slightly offended, but I let it be.

 

 

 

 

Rachel P.O.V

Jimin and I laid in the grass at the park, our coffee settling in our stomach's calmly. The calming breeze swayed through our hair and helped us calm our normally over used muscles. Suddenly my hand was enveloped in Jimin's and I smiled, my eyes still closed.

"You aren't going to pull away?" He whispered into the mid day wind.

"No, you're hands are warm Jiminnie." I spoke honestly and gave his hand a comforting squeeze.

"Well then..." Jimin suddenly was scooted right against me and he enveloped me into a tight hug, "Let's keep you warm."

"Jiminnie..." I looked at him lovingly, "Has anyone ever told you that you're a hopeless romantic?" I laughed and nuzzled my face into his neck.

He chuckled, "No one but you."

I stayed there, enjoying the masculine and wondrous smell he emanated. We laid there in a close embrace before I got the feeling that my time with Jimin was up. I pulled away and stood, holding out a hand to the kind smiling man. We started to walk to the end of the park when I stopped to throw something away.

"Why can't you stay with me?"He pouted slightly.

"Because I'm going on a date." I chuckled and threw my wrappers away.

Jimin stayed next to the trash as I started to walk away. The next thing I know, Jimin grabs my hand and twirls me back into his embrace. I smirked and twirl back out, prancing away slightly. Soon Jimin and I were laughing as we made up our own small tango in the middle of the park. Jimin was laughing pretty hard and soon he spun me and dipped me. When he brought me back up I was face to face with him and I felt my muscles tense. Our noses were touching, our lips only a breath away. Jimin's minty breath made small visible puffs between us. A roaring applause came from around us and we pulled away, looking about. We hadn't noticed the fact that our dancing session had caused many bystanders to stop and watch. Jimin and I both bowed with smiles. Suddenly someone pointed to me.

"Wait... Aren't you-" He began but Jimin grabbed my hand and dashed off.

"Sorry!" He shouted to the crowd before running me off behind a tree.

The tree was a great weeping willow that looked over a pond in the secluded part of the park. Jimin and I were both breathing hard and I smiled at him.

"That was fun!" I cheered and he chortled.

"Yes, yes it was." He leaned against the tree closing his eyes as he tried to catch his breath.

His cheeks were a slight pink and I found my eyes fixated on his inviting plump lips that moved with each breath. I found myself approaching his unknowing figure. Each step seemed to make me want to be closer to him. I bit my bottom lip softly and grabbed Jimin's wrists, pinning them above his head. My torso pressed against his, my legs in line with his. His eyes shot open and he looked at me with mild amusement.

"Now what do you think you are doing?"He chuckled eagerly.

"Shhh..." I shushed him and searched his eyes as I gently leaned in.

He closed his eyes, silently anticipating what I was going to do. I kept his arms pinned with just one hand and I moved the other to his lips. I dragged a sensual finger across his lips and down his neck. I felt him shiver and gulp under my touch. I leaned in and brought my lips to his ears.

"Maybe next time." I whispered and pecked the corner of his mouth.

After that I dashed off, knowing that I needed to run in order to make it to Chanyeol on time and so I wouldn't succumb to the growing feeling in my heart. I turned and saw Jimin holding his mouth with a shocked look.

"Bye Jiminnie! Be safe on your way home! Say his to JinJinJin and Kookie for me!"I waved back to him.

He lifted his hand and gave a curt wave in return. I chuckled and kept running, knowing plenty what I had just done to the attractive man.

It wouldn't hurt to like Jimin maybe... But I like Kyungsoo...

My mind swam with the thought of possibilities with Jimin if Kyungsoo were to reject me. Jimin definitely was my number two if Kyungsoo didn't care for me. I laughed once more before running to meet Chanyeol.

*          *          *

Chanyeol and I conversed awkwardly in the casual restaurant. I ate a salad and barely nibbled at the greens in front of me. Chanyeol asked me questions about meeting with Jimin, which I explained was nothing because Jimin was too excited to think let alone talk. This made Chanyeol laugh heartily, before returning to his meal. The night continued in this awkward manner and for once, I actually wished I was in the company of someone else. It's not like I didn't like Chanyeol's company! It's just... He wasn't the one I felt like I should be with right now.

"So, I have another question..." His glanced at me and behind his gaze was some kind of playful glimmer.

"Okay." I nodded, giving him my full attention.

Being honest, these questions were the only thing that was helping pass the time.

"So with all that's going on... who's been on your mind the most?" Chanyeol smiled like a little school girl discovering a secret.

I didn't respond and looked at him through my eyelashes, trying to figure out his motive with this question.

"What are you getting at Chanyeol?"I asked a little more dark than I wanted.

"Sorry! I was just wondering what you were thinking..."He apologized and returned to the meal.

"It's fine..." I sighed and finished my salad.

We silently waited for the check to come and while we waited I relaxed, feeling my heart calm down slightly. I knew that Chanyeol was just worried for me, even if that meant he wanted to know my deepest secrets. Chanyeol swirled his water in his glass before sighing and looking at me squarely.

"Kyungsoo." He spoke the name as more of a demand than anything else.

At his name I shot my head up, slightly curious as to what he had to say now.

"What about him?" I asked softly.

"You like him... don't you?" Chanyeol's voice was persistent in his question.

I took a sip of my water, trying to figure out a good response.

"Well... He is friendly like-"

As if he knew what was going to come from my mouth he suddenly stopped me,"Not like a brother."

Chanyeol and I shared a long stare for a moment, something in his eyes were demanding for an answer. I got goose bumps and my hands started shaking in nerves. I didn't know if I was prepared to admit it again. I didn't know if I was ready to even LIKE Kyungsoo again, but I found myself falling for him all over again. I was hoping that dating Sehun would dissolve any feelings I had for the wonderful man, but all it did was make me want Kyungsoo even more. I sighed and looked down into my lap.

"I'm not up for this kind of conversation..."I finally tell him.

"Really? Are you not up for the conversation or are you not up to realizing your feelings for Kyungsoo?"Chanyeol asked around the glass of water he was taking a drink from.

I looked at Chanyeol hopelessly, and he smiled and set his glass down. The waitress walked over, handing Chanyeol the check. He immediately handed her a debit card that paid for the meal. She took it and Chanyeol turned a delicate look my way.

"Don't worry about it, I'm always here for you. Even if you just need someone to talk to about him I'm here. Plus I know all his dark secrets, I bet I could make you laugh when you're upset." Chanyeol gave me his trademark smile and I giggled.

"I bet, and thank you Chanyeol, I'll have to take you up on your offer." I began laughing softly.

The waitress brought back the check and his debit card. She bowed to the two of us and left us be so that we could leave. Chanyeol stood from his chair and slipped his jacket on. I took that as a signal that we were leaving so I stood, taking my jacket off the back of the chair. Chanyeol took the jacket from me and being the gentleman he is he helped me slip it on. The two of us journeyed out onto the street, each step seeming harder than the last. I shoved my hands further into my coats pockets as we walked. I listened to the constant bustling of people, the pounding of feet and clicking of heels, the hum of traffic and the blinking of the traffic lights. I watched the children at play that felt like childhood could last forever, leaving me with a soft smile. It was here that I realized that it didn't matter if I liked Kyungsoo, it didn't matter that I had a small crush on him. All that mattered was the here and now, what was happening today and what would happen tomorrow. I looked at Chanyeol and saw his figure beaming under the florescent light of the city. He looked like a prince and I couldn't be happier to have this fairy prince walking alongside me. I pulled my hand out that was closest to his and I glanced down at his large hand that swung along his side to a beat unknown to me. I reached over and with my head straight, I linked my pinky with his. I felt him jump a little, but I heard him give a deep chuckle.

"Are you alright?" Chanyeol smiled at me.

"Yep, never better."I smiled back like a child would and I saw his eyes glitter.

"Wow... I haven't seen that look in your eyes since you came here!"He smiled like a proud parent.

"I think I need to stop dwelling on the past and just focus on what's around me right now. I have wonderful people looking out for me, I have a great career and it doesn't matter that I like someone! I'll get to that road when I come to it, but for right now, I should be happier because I really am blessed to know you all and have you by my side." I gave a happy little speech and then smiled to the twinkling stars above.

"Rachel..." Chanyeol sounded surprised and moved at the same time.

"Thank you for everything Chanyeol-ssi!" I smiled to him gratefully.

We were standing right outside the SM building and Chanyeol enveloped me into a tight hug.

"I'm so happy you're back!" He cheered.

"Huh? I never left!" I chuckled and hugged him back.

He pulled back and gathered my face into his large hands, "Oh yes you did! You left us, your happiness and shyness and everything in between disappeared the moment you decided to forget about Kyungsoo. You only let us get small glimpses..." He wrapped me into another hug, "But you're back! I can't believe you're back!!!!" He cheered loudly and he pulled back, beginning to kiss around my face.

I started laughing before I pushed him away slightly, "Stop it!" I laughed.

He smiled at me and then his eyes widened, "Oh my gosh..." He grabbed my hand and began dragging me into the building swiftly, "Come on!"

"Where are we going?"I asked as we took the elevator up.

"I have to tell everyone!" He smiled broadly and squeezed my hand tightly as he waited for it to reach our floor.

I didn't realize that my happiness altered Chanyeol so much... I didn't know that the way I felt could make him so sad or happy. I smiled a little to that fact that Chanyeol cared, no correction, that he always cared.

Without wasting one second he burst forth as soon as the doors opened. I began laughing as he dragged me all the way to my apartment. He opened the door and walked in, slipping his shoes off in a hurry. He reminded me of a little boy that was really excited to show a friend something. I slipped my shoes off and Chanyeol grabbed my hand, dragging me into the living room. Everyone was sitting there, most of them on their phones. Sehun was sleeping on Luhan's lap and as soon as we walked in Luhan woke him. Everyone looked at us in question and Chanyeol was out of breath so it took him a moment to get out his next words.

"She's back!" He cheered.

"Chanyeol... What are you talking about?"Suho asked, looking at his boy like he was crazy.

"She's back, she is just like how she was before-"He froze and cut himself off, "Well anyways, she's just like when she first came here!" Chanyeol seemed to be the only one who was excited.

"Chan... Did you drink any alcohol while you two ate?" Baekhyun asked.

"No! "

"Did you perhaps hit your head?" Tao asked.

"Oh my god no!" Chanyeol was now yelling at them.

"Calm down Chan, we are just-" Luhan began but Chanyeol cut him off.

"Don't tell me you guys didn't notice! Don't tell me you didn't see how depressed she was and how she wasn't into speaking with us that much anymore! Remember when she used to skype us whenever we were apart? Or Kai," Chanyeol addressed Kai, "Remember when she used to call you everyday just to make sure she didn't need to pick you up dinner before she came back from work?" Chanyeol started to hit the heartstrings of the members.

"Yeah... I miss that..." Kai admitted.

What? I thought he got annoyed by it so I stopped....

"Suho hyung," Chanyeol turned to him,"Remember when she used to call you to tell you to tell everyone good luck and to give everyone a hug from her?"

A small smile came to Suho's face, "I remember it like it was yesterday." He smiled.

I felt my heart warming up, Chanyeol wasn't only hitting their heartstrings, he was plucking mine as well.

"Luhan," He pointed to the deer, "Do you remember when Rachel used to ask you what was the best kind of bubble tea and no matter what you told her she would try it, even if she knew she wasn't going to like it?"

I remembered the horrible flavors that he recommended, but I still tried them because he asked and because I looked up to him.

Luhan gave a chuckle, "Yeah."

"Lay," The boy looked up in wonder, "Do you remember when she would ask your help with dancing because you were her 'big bro'?"

Lay nodded happily, "It was great!"

"Kris and Tao," Both of them looked at him in wonder to what he was going to help them remember, "Remember when she used to bake you guys cookies because she said that you two looked scary so you needed some sweets to even it out?"

The two of them laughed and looked at each other, "Heck yeah! You remember those chocolate cookies she made?" Kris chuckled to Tao.

"Oh those were the best! So were the sugar cookies!" Tao laughed and Kris gave a grunt in approval.

"Sehun, Baekhyun, and Chen," The three looked up at us, "Do you remember when she would invite just the four of us over to watch a movie and would make us dinner and popcorn and she would watch whatever movie we wanted?" Chanyeol smiled at them thoughtfully.

"Ahh... That was nice..." Chen smiled.

"Especially when we did it after a big concert..." Sehun added.

Baekhyun just nodded in agreement with a reminiscing smile.

"Xiumin hyung," Chanyeol addressed the man that was holding a hand over his mouth, "Do you remember when she would arm wrestle with you and ask for you to help her become stronger?"

Xiumin nodded and let out a quivering voice, "I miss that..."

Chanyeol turned to the one person in the room who wasn't mentioned and smiled softly, "Kyungsoo..." Chanyeol pulled me in front of him and gave me a clear view to everyone, "Do you remember when she would help you cook or ask you to help her sing, or that one time when she couldn't find Kyung and started crying so you helped look and you found him hiding under the sheets on your bed? Do you remember how happy she was?" Chanyeol asked and Kyungsoo's eyes looked soft as he was being reminded of the happy memory.

"I remember it as if it was a dream I had last night." He mumbled.

His eyes searched my face and after a moment he looked down at his hands. I turned and looked at everyone in the room.

"It was all very touching Chanyeol, but why bring up all these painful memories?"Suho asked as he wiped away something under his eyes.

Painful?

"Because I wanted you to remember who she was and how that girl has finally come back, she has resurfaced and gotten her mind out of that pit of sadness that she was residing in." Chanyeol spoke vivaciously.

"I don't believe you..." Chen mumbled and everyone's heads seemed to droop with sadness because it was clear in their eyes that they didn't believe Chanyeol either.

Chanyeol turned to me with a sad look,"Sorry... You can go to bed now, maybe I was wrong..."

"Chanyeol-ssi...." I mumbled in a broken voice as he took a seat amongst the now saddened members.

I looked about the members only to see a sad group of men. The scene before me made shivers run through me and made my heart ache as tears stung my eyes. I started to remember the happiness that coursed through him when we were outside, how amazed he was that I wasn't sad anymore. Seeing all of them sad in front of me made everything feel like it was falling apart, made me feel like it was all my fault.

"Hyung..." I heard Kai mumble.

"What?"I heard Suho grumble slightly.

"Look..." Kai whispered.

I kept crying, but I didn't want to be in front of them, I didn't want them to see me being so weak. I heard someone get up from the couch and felt arms wrap around me. Suddenly I was being walked to the stairs. As I walked up the stairs I called out in a sad tone and I could tell that everyone in the room became a little more upset.

"I'm sorry... It's all my fault!" I cried out before I was pulled into my room.

Whoever walked me upstairs, pulled me to my bed and had me sit down. They took one of my hands in theirs and began rubbing my hands comfortingly.

"Shhhh.... You're okay." I immediately knew it was Chen who had led me away.

His unoccupied hand was rubbing my back softly.

"Chen... You should have seen him..." I mumbled once I calmed down a bit, "You should have seen how happy Chanyeol was that I was back or something like that. He exclaimed 'You're back! You're back! I haven't seen you look like this since you debuted!'" I cried out and looked at Chen through blurry eyes, "Chen... He was so happy..."

Chen's eyes became wider, "Wait... W-Wait a second! Talk about.... Talk about the first time you saw me!" He exclaimed, trying to get me to speak again.

"What?" I looked at him as my tears finally began to stop.

"Come on! The first time you saw me!" He shook my shoulders.

"Well ummm... You were kinda strange at first... you were asking me about my gender or something like that... I thought you were sweet about it though, and a little funny... Kris was there too! He was translating for you."I explained, trying  my hardest to think back.

"Oh my god... Chanyeol wasn't lying..."Chen whispered before hugging me quickly.

"What? What do you mean Chen-ssi?" I asked.

"The tone of your voice is different! It's sweeter! It's like when I first met you!" He was so happy that he jumped up and ran out of my room.

I was left there dumbfounded and plainly confused. I took a deep breath and wiped away my tears that had dried on my cheeks. I felt a small sadness seep into me as I thought about what just happened. I was sad and I tried to talk to explain to Chen my feelings and he brought the conversation back to himself and then ran off when he got what he wanted. I felt my chest hurt until I heard Chen yell something.

"CHANYEOL WASN'T LYING!" He screamed.

Suddenly all I could do was sit there patiently and wonder what was going on downstairs. I could hear Chen speaking animatedly, but his words were slurred in my ears. I flopped back onto my bed and felt my heart calm, my sadness leaving me calmly.

I wish I could go back to the past and redo my mistakes...

Suddenly I found myself asleep and dreaming of the past. Remembering when I used to be closer, and kinder to the boys. I wondered what made me change and that had to be the best night's sleep I had in a long time. I looked into myself and found the answers to questions I had long asked.