Part 19

An Idol's Dream

Montana and I stood in front of the store, our eyes glittering to the view of the glorious golden laced dress in front of us. It looked like something a queen should wear and we wanted nothing more than to just touch it. This expensive store was where the boys dragged us and we were already captivated before we even went inside. I gave a wonderful sigh and turned to Kai and Taemin.

"Do you see that dress? It's like BAM gorgeous, uhhh it's so pretty..." I turned back to it with a smile.

"Come on, let's go inside." Chanyeol rolled his eyes at us and pushed us inside.

Once we entered the store we were dazzled even more. I couldn't contain myself and I let out some choicy words as a woman walked up to us.

"Holy ..." I mumbled and I watched her giggle.

"Hello Ma'am, how may we help you?" She smiled and spoke perfect English.

I looked at her in surprise, "Oh my gosh you know English?"

"Yes ma'am, I studied in America for several years." She smiled brightly.

"That's great! Well this is my friend who doesn't know a of Korean." I smiled and brought Montana forward.

"Hello Ma'am." The woman bowed and Montana just looked at me in surprise.

"Hello!" Montana bowed back with a bright smile.

"Well what are you all looking for today?" She smiled and nodded to the boys.

"Well these guys are taking us out to dinner and wanted us dressed up nicely, so we have no idea." I sighed.

"Well how about you each choose some things you like and I'll also go pick out outfits for you to try on and after that I'll bring them to your dressing room." She smiled and I immediately liked her.

"That would be great! Thank you so much!" I smiled and clapped my hands together.

"Alright ladies, go ahead and choose and I'll reserve two rooms for you." She smiled again and pointed to the dressing rooms.

"Got it." I smiled and nodded, journeying off to pick out some clothes.

Twenty minutes later with four skirts and two dresses in hand I was at a loss as to what to even do with myself. I looked over and saw a mountain of clothes on Montana's arm and I just sighed and shook my head. She was just as indecisive as I was. As if she could feel my stare she looked up and waved with a happy smile. I again shook my head and I went over to the dresses, not seeing any that I would even think would look good on me. I shook my head and gave up, walking over to the dressing room that had my name on it.

I tried on my skirts:

#1

I look like I should be a waitress for the wealthy...

#2

This makes me look like I should be either a teenager or a preschool or high school art teacher...

#3

Now I look like somebody's mistress...

#4

Now I REALLY look like a teacher.. uhhh...

And then the two dresses:

#1

I look like a fricken witch... WATCH OUT MEH PRETTY!!

#2

It's actually really pretty... It just makes me look like an old lady... Hmm...

After trying those on, I was done, I just couldn't think of anything else that looked good on me. I gave a frustrated sigh before I heard the young lady come to my door.

"Find anything you like?" She asked sweetly.

"Not really... I kinda look like a preschool teacher in the things I picked out... I don't really like it..." I sighed.

"I'm sorry to hear that... I brought some dresses that the young gentleman picked out. Please take a look and try them on. If you don't like them I can always grab some more." She held many dresses over the top of the door and I grabbed them, giving a silent huff.

I hung them up and looked over them. They were actually very pretty for being picked out by those idiots. Even though they were idiots, they sure did have good taste in dresses. I could tell who picked out what and I was plainly proud.

The first dress I picked up was a black and white cocktail dress. The top was covered in a beautiful black lace that pulled my eyes in wonderfully. The bottom flowed out perfectly and once I tried it on I smiled, loving the fit. I could immediately pick out the innocent dress as Chanyeol's pick.

The next dress was obviously from Kai. Even though he talked like a ert he was actually very sweet and innocent and it was plain in this cocktail dress. It had black lace covering it in a slight seductive manner. Under the lace was a beautiful cream color that once on it made it seem like all I was wearing was the lace. I loved the dress.

The next dress was obviously Taemin's choice, it looked like he was really trying for the "sophisticated dinner party" look. This tall gown was blue and black which matched perfectly together. My chest was covered with the thick strips of black fabric that only covered my chest. The top part of the dress was covered in lace, thin blue lace. My stomach, sides of my chest and mid chest and up was exposed under the delicate lace. The dress was nice, but I felt completely exposed.

I tried on the other dresses and agreed that they were nice, but not Kai and Chanyeol's dress nice.

Other dresses:

They all consisted of black and I silently got the hint that they wanted me to wear black. I decided on the dress Kai picked out and I slipped all my regular clothes on. I walked out and asked Montana if she was done, which she was and we handed the helping lady the dresses. She smiled and led us to the show section saying that the boys wanted us to get some shoes as well. I picked out some beautiful black sandal heals that had a large pearl like bead between the heel and soul.

Montana grabbed some beige flats and we went to the counter to see everything paid and the boys holding large bags.

"You ladies ready?" Chanyeol smiled.

We nodded and waved goodbye to all the helpful store clerks before heading out into the busy mall. As we walk I turn to Montana.

"I never got to see your dress, is it pretty?" I asked.

"Yep! Taemin picked it out for me." She gave me a giddy smile.

"Kai picked out mine." I giggled and we both began whispering about the attractive men next to us.

*          *          *

Montana and I both stood in my room, our dresses laid out on my bed and we just stared.

"I like your dress." She nodded and patted my shoulder.

"I like yours too." I smiled and patted her back.

"Should we get dressed now?" She asked quietly.

We had been standing there for about fifteen minutes before starting this conversation. I went to my door and opened it and looked over the balcony. I suddenly found myself peering at 8 men in only boxers and tux's laid out everywhere. I stared at them a moment, silently questioning what the hell they were doing. I climbed down the stairs and went into the kitchen without a single person realizing. I grabbed two glasses of water and I stood in the kitchen sipping at mine and watching them silently. They were arguing over how to put the tux's on correctly. They were all EXO member's except Taemin and Minho. Suddenly Tao turned and saw me. I gave a smile and wave and he screamed like a little girl and grabbed a pillow off the couch, covering his boxers as if he was exposed.

Everyone turned and hid behind Chanyeol and Sehun who just stared at me in shock. I sighed and walked into the living room, setting the water down on the coffee table. I stood in front of Chanyeol and Sehun and smiled.

"Are you thinking erted?" I questioned.

They quickly shook their heads and I sighed, looking at their tux's. They were perfectly ironed and laid out for all to see. I liked the way they looked and nodded before turning back to the boys. I placed my hands on Chanyeol's stomach and watched all the guys get nervous, their eyes going wide. I pushed on his firm stomach and furrowed my brows to the barely soft squish I felt. At that I slapped his stomach and walked back to my water, heading to the stairs.

"I told you to stop eating those chips!" I hissed as I walked upstairs.

I entered my room and gave Montana a glass of water, which she took thankfully. I told her that we should start getting dressed and ready, which we did. We quickly did each other's make-up first and then our hair before helping each other zip up our dresses and slipping on our shoes and jewelry. When we were done, we looked stunning. Red carpet ready. We gave each other a big smile and hugged tightly before hearing a knock on the door. At the same time my phone started going off. I turned to Montana.

"Go see who's at the door, I need to answer my phone." I smiled.

"Okay." She saluted me before hurrying to the door and hiding behind it slightly.

She opened it and I just saw the glimpse of Tao and Kris standing there before I turned and answered my phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey..." It was Jimin.

My heart raced and a smile came to my lips, "Hey..."

"Are you free tonight? I can't get last night out of my head..." He mumbled in an almost desperate way.

"Actually I'm going to a celebratory dinner, can I see you afterward?" I asked, keeping my back turned from the intense stares of the people in my room.

"I'll wait forever for you." He chuckled.

"You're really cheesy, you know that?" I giggled.

"Well at least I'm honest."

"At least. I'll be honest too, I can't stop thinking about it either." I smiled broadly and twiddled with the hem of my dress.

"Rachel, we need to go." Montana called from the door.

I turned and saw Kris with a cocked up eyebrow standing next to me, "Who's that?" He asked.

"Ummm I'll call you later." I mumbled, keeping my eyes glued to Kris.

"Alright, don't forget about me."

"Never." I chuckled and said goodbye before muting my phone and putting it in my purse.

"Who was that?" Kris asked again.

"No one you talk to." I mumbled, averting my gaze.

He sighed and offered his arm, "Fine, come on, let's go."

I was taken aback by his action, but I took his arm anyway and looked at his well groomed tux, "You look handsome."

He looked at me with a small smile, "And you look gorgeous."

"Why thank you sir." I laughed and walked down the stairs behind Montana and Tao who were also linked together like Kris and I.

Montana and I immediately entered the kitchen and sat down, waiting for the boys to come out.

"What are you guys doing?" Tao asked.

"We are waiting for everyone else." I told him flatly.

"They went ahead to make sure everything was set." Kris told me.

I turned to Montana, "They left without us, let's go."

She nodded, "Alright."

"Come on guys, let's go." I smiled and beckoned them to follow us.

The four of us left the apartment and went down to the lobby. We were met with Eun Sang smiling brightly at her desk.

"Hold on miss! I have to get a picture of the four of you, you all look stunning!" She smiled and pulled out her phone.

I smiled and pulled out my phone, opening my camera and handing it her. We all smiled and posed nicely, except Kris, who gave a half hearted smirk. I slapped him and threatened him before he gave a real smile. Once she took several pictures she hugged me and handed back my phone.

"Thank you Eun Sang." I smiled.

"No problem! You look beautiful miss Rachel." She gave a big grin.

I smiled and patted her shoulder before taking Kris's offered arm again and heading out onto the street. We climbed into Kris's car and he drove us off to a nearby high end part of town. I found myself feeling nervous as I looked around the expensive areas. Soon we were pulled into the valet of a high class and super new restaurant. I felt my stomach tighten as I got out of the car after Kris opened my door. The valet took our car as we walked inside. I unintentionally gripped Kris's sleeve a little tighter and I saw him look at me.

"Hey, it's alright, you look stunning, don't worry about what other people think." He told me.

Soon we were standing in a dining room filled with crystal chandeliers and gold trimmed walls. Each table was covered in Swarovski goblets and silver placemats. The fine china plates were of a beautiful cream and light blue. The rest didn't even need description because my eyes couldn't even take in everything. The whole room was glittering and every single person in the room was shining just as brightly. I was limply led to a private room that had twice the amount of crystal, gold, and plates. As soon as I walked in I saw all my dearest friends from EXO, SHINee and VIXX sitting around the table. Hyuk and Hongbin came rushing over with goofy smiles on their faces.

"Rachel! We haven't seen you in forever!" Hyuk gave me a hug.

"You look beautiful." Hongbin gave me a lovely smile and looked me over real quick before enveloping me in a gentle hug.

"N hyung has been waiting all night to see you! So has Ravi and Ken hyung, well Leo too, but he wouldn't admit to it." Hyuk gave a big smile and began dragging me away from Montana and Kris.

I looked back at her in worry and she gave me a smile, "Go on, I'll be fine. I'll wait to meet everyone when you come back."

"I'm sorry! I'll be back in a moment!" I waved to her in a promising way.

She just nodded and looked around the room in a wondrous way. Hyuk finally pulled me over by the window where the other VIXX members were talking with Baekhyun, Suho, Chen and Lay.

"Hyung! Look who I brought!" Hyuk smiled to his hyungs and they all stopped and turned, looking at me with a smile.

"Oh my I've missed my little angel!"  N looked ready to cry as he ran up to me and gave me a hug.

"Woah... Why do you look so pretty...?" Ken asked in surprise.

"Huh? Chanyeol told my friend and I to look red carpet pretty... Are we over dressed?" I asked in worry.

"You could never be overdressed." A familiar female voice spoke behind me and I turned with a smile.

"Krystal!" I gave her a big hug. (Her dress)

F(x) were one of my best female friends in Korea, that and 2NE1, but it would be a miracle if they showed up. Krystal was wearing a beautiful dress

"Oh my god... Are you trying to dress better than us?" She teased.

"I missed you!" I smiled and hugged her.

"I missed you too, how is life with the boys?" She laughed.

"Crazy as ever. Where are my other unnies?" I asked with a bright smile.

"Well maybe if you'd turn around for once." Luna's cheerful voice cooed at me.

I turned and let out a girly squeal, "Oh my god!!" I giggled like a little girl before hugging each of them.

Luna's dress:

Victoria's dress:

Sulli's dress:

Amber's dress:

I realized that they all were wearing beautiful dresses that anyone would die to look half as good in as they did. I smiled at them and felt my heart swell. I hadn't seen them in such a long time that I wished this night would never end. They were always touring and promoting new things in Japan, China and America. I was as well, but mine was less frequent because of my photo shoots for clothing here in Korea. I looked over and smiled.

"Even you're wearing a dress Amber!" I giggled.

"Oh shut up, I'm only dressed like this for you." She playfully punched my shoulder.

"Oh! My friend from America is here! she would love to meet you all!" I smiled happily, feeling at peace because most of my Korean family surrounded me.

"Can we meet her as well?" I heard a beautiful sing song voice that made shivers, goose bumps, and a goofy grin spread across my face.

I turned and let out a girly giggle, "I can't believe you came!"I ran over and gave Park Bom a hug. I turned to CL and gave a nervous smile, "Can I hug you unnie?"I asked cautiously.

Park Bom's dress:

CL's dress:

 I know that physical contact and CL DID NOT mix together. Minzy and Sandara always tried to push me on her, which only made Park Bom laugh and CL get angry. I just stood there quietly, everyone by the window waiting.

"Fine, come here." She opened her arms and gave me a big smile.

Within seconds I was giving her a big hug, but watching out for the spikes on her dress. After acting like a little girl and hugging everyone I remembered Montana.

"Oh! My friend from America! Let me go get her." I smiled and waved to everyone as I walked off.

I searched the room and found her sitting next to Tao and Suho. Tao was on his phone showing her pictures of Kandy and Suho had his arm around her as he also looked.

She was smiling and nodding along. I walked over to their table and smiled to Montana.

"Hey, my friends want to meet you." I smiled and patted her shoulder.

She turned and smiled to me, "Alright." She turned to Suho and Tao and smiled, "Sorry, excuse me." She apologized in Korean and they smiled, giving her two thumbs up.

She stood and looped her arm with mine as we headed toward the windows.

"Were they teaching you Korean?" I asked.

"Yeah! Did I do good?" She asked with a bright smile.

"Yeah, that was actually perfect. Good job buddy." I smiled and patted her arm.

"Thanks!" She smirked.

"Show off." I chuckled and she glared at me.

"Okay that's no fair, you can't go off talking it like I know." She grumbled.

I rolled my eyes, "Come on."

I dragged her to the window and with her freaking out and them laughing, it was a successful meeting. We talked for about twenty minutes before Ken brought up that he was surprised BTS weren't here. That's when I remembered Jimin and my heart started beating faster and my lips burned. I thought about Ken's words, it really WAS surprising they weren't here...

Did they not invite them?

I sighed and then I heard Suho delicatley call for everyone's attention, which was easily given to him.

"If you'd all take your seats dinner will be served." He smiled and everyone headed to the table, taking their seats.

Montana sat next to me and Amber sat on my other side. I kept teasing her about her dress and she just glared at me saying "Let's just get this over with so I can slip some pants on." And then she would laugh because I completely agreed. We giggled and Montana was glad that she could talk to Amber and not have to worry about the whole language barrier. We were served Beef Bulgogi and Potato Jorim. We sat there and enjoyed the meal in a buzz of conversation. After about 30 minutes of eating we were served Green Tea Ice Cream and slowly the company began to disperse and leave. After eating a wonderful dinner in the company of my "family" I was soon left alone with just Montana and EXO. I told everyone that I needed to get something on my way home and that they shouldn't come along. Tao promised to get Montana home safely and Kris offered me a ride, which I declined. I told everyone goodnight and I kissed Kai on the cheek, telling him not to wait for me and to just go to bed because I didn't know when I'd be back. I saw Kyungsoo's face look at me in worry but I shook my head, thinking I imagined it. I waved to everyone that left and headed on my walk toward the park. I pulled out my phone and called Jimin.

"Hello?" He answered, sleep clear in his tone.

"Hey... I'm sorry, the party just ended." I stopped walking and stood outside a busy sophisticated bar.

"That's alright... Do you still want me to come see you?" He yawned.

"Ummm..." I bit my lip because in secrecy I had been waiting for the meeting all night and now I just wanted to be in his arms, "Are you at home? Could I come over?" I asked softly.

"Hm? Sure, I think Yoongi hyung should be returning soon, if you don't see him then Jin hyung should still be up to get the door. Just come on in when you get here."He yawned again.

"Well if you're too tired I'll wait until tomorrow." I gave a flat chuckle.

"No, come on over, I'll wake up for you." He chuckled.

"Are you sure? I know you're probably tired... I'd feel wrong if I just came in and woke you..." I huffed, starting to walk again.

Even if Jimin wasn't up then I could get a hug from any of them men in that apartment. Just no kissing, which hurt my heart just a little because I was honestly awaiting for Jimin's lips.

"Don't worry about it." He spoke half asleep.

"Alright, I'll head right over." I sighed and hailed a taxi.

I took the taxi to their apartment and got out, stepping up to their steps. My heart was pounding almost out of my chest as I stared up at the building. I took in a deep breath and started up the stairs.

"Rachel?" I heard Yoongi's voice and I stopped in my tracks.

I turned and saw him looking at me in curiosity.

"Hey Yoongi-ah." I smiled.

"What are you doing here?" He asked in confusion.

"Oh umm Jimin was supposed to see me later, but he's sleeping. He told me to still come over..." I mumbled and he shook his head, walking over to me.

"He'll be dead asleep." His eyes traveled up and down my bodice, "You really shouldn't be walking alone in that."

"Huh?" I looked down and widened my eyes, realizing what I was wearing.

"Come on, I'll make you some coffee. Everyone is asleep." He smiled and offered me his hand, not his arm, but his hand.

It was the warmest feeling I had all night and I secretly thanked Yoongi for being there for me like an older brother. I followed him up to their apartment and took my heels off as soon as we got inside. I thanked the lord because my feet were killing me for not wearing any heels I had already broken in. I followed Yoongi into the kitchen and waited while he made me a cup of coffee.

"I'm going to go write a note for Jimin okay? I'll be back." I smiled and ran my nails over Yoongi's back in a scratching way.

"Alright, don't take too long." He smiled.

"I won't." I smiled and headed to Jimin's room.

I found him dead asleep on his bed, headphones in his ears. I shook my head and covered him in the blanket at the end of his bed. I took his headphones out and turned off his music. I plugged his phone in to charge and I kissed his forehead. I went to his desk and wrote him a quick note just so he knew I came.

            "Hey Jimin, Yoongi let me in. I'm having coffee with him right now. I'm wearing this really expensive dress so I apologize if I can't write this correctly, the dress wasn't exactly made to lean over in. Anyways, I got your little booklet from the cab and it made me laugh, thank you. I didn't want to wake you, so I hope you sleep well. Text me later. Love, Rachel ~ :)"

I sat the note in the middle of his computer screen and kissed his forehead one more time before leaving his room and heading back to the kitchen. I re-greeted Yoongi and asked if we could move our chatting to the couch, which he nodded and helped me over. We sat there and sipped at our coffee, talking about where the other just came from. I explained that I was out to dinner, not giving the details of who was there. He told me he was working on a new song and he had a headache so he headed home and found me. I asked him about his headache now and he said that surprisingly when he saw me it went away. That made me laugh and thank him for saying that. Then the awkward silence enveloped us. I pulled out my phone and realized that it was 2 in the morning and that I should probably head home to Montana. I was about to get up when Yoongi sighed.

"Can you just stay here with me for a while?" He asked.

I looked at him oddly, "Hm? Is something wrong?"

He looked off, "It's lonely when I'm the only one awake."

I gave him a soft smile and wrapped my arms around him, "Come on, I'll go sit with you in your room for a bit."

He nodded and took our coffee cups into the kitchen before leading me to his room. I walked in and flopped on his bed, taking one of his long throw pillows and hugging it against myself. I watched him shake his head and start to undress.

"Shouldn't you do that in the bathroom Yoongi-ah?" I closed my eyes.

"Nah, it's just in front of you, I don't care." He chuckled.

"So if I were to open my eyes right now, you wouldn't care what I saw?" I asked.

"Ummm..." There was a long pause, "Nope, you can look now."

I opened my eyes and slowly looked toward him. He was wearing pajama pants and no shirt. His hat from earlier is gone and left his hair sticking out in all directions. I chuckled and sat up, my dress sliding up a little. I smiled at Yoongi and patted next to me on the bed. He chuckled and grabbed a t-shirt, sliding it on and joining me on the bed. We both laid down and faced each other, staring at each other softly.

"Yoongi-ah..." I mumbled, grabbing his hand and playing with his slim fingers.

"Hmm?" He hummed, looking at me with curiosity.

"Is it possible to like several people?" I asked, looking at him through my eyelashes.

"I believe so." He nodded, scooting a little closer and wrapping a blanket over my bare shoulders.

"What about love?" I asked and his hand stopped.

His eyes shifted back to mine and he leaned in so his forehead was against mine, "Well I believe that's possible as well." He whispered.

My breath hitched and my heart was pounding as he stared into my eyes.

"So then... I could be in love with... let's say three people, and it's perfectly fine?" I asked.

"Well it depends, one of these men, do you love him for who he is, or for something he has?" Yoongi asked.

I looked away as I thought of Jimin. Do I love him for him or do I just love him for, as awkward as it sounds, his body? What about Kyungsoo? At the thought of Kyungsoo I already knew in my heart that I loved him for him and anything he had to offer, whether it be good or bad. With Jimin... Only time would tell. I was determined to act only one sided with him, act as though we are still friends. But being honest, I wasn't going to stop him from having the one thing he wanted, which was to kiss me. Yoongi on the other hand... What was I going to do? I don't believe I LOVE him per say, I sure do like him a lot though. I looked back into Yoongi's eyes.

"I understand now, thank you Suga." I smiled and hugged him tightly.

He let out an exhausted sigh, "I'll set an alarm for 6am, you can leave then."

"Alright." I smiled and snuggled my head into his warm shoulder.

The next thing I knew, I was sleeping on Yoongi and that night I never slept so well.