Prologue

An Idol's Dream

My heart was racing, the sound of cheers making me jump in place with excitement. I was ready to go on stage and sing my heart out, show everyone what I could do. My friend from yearbook, Kelsey, was standing with our friend Adrian behind her, videotaping.

"What made you want to join choir?" Kelsey asked as I had a limited amount of time.

"I love to sing and ever since I was little I wanted to become an idol." I smiled brightly.

Cheers and claps erupted from the Auditorium and my heart began beating even faster. The bright lights and the large black stage waited for me and I was shaking with happiness.

"If you became an idol where in the world would you train or perform?" She asked quickly.

"Korea! Definitely Korea!" I laughed.

"Rachel! Get back here!" A backstage friend of mine yelled.

"I gotta go!" I waved to Kelsey.

"One more thing!" Kelsey yelled after me.

"What?!" I yelled as I ran.

"Have fun Rachel! We're rooting for you!" The two of them yelled with inspiration.

I looked back to them and felt my heart throb, "Thank you!"

I ran backstage and they handed me a mic, telling me it was my turn. They rolled a piano onto the stage and I took a deep breath before slowly walking out of the curtains. The bright lights and warm atmosphere made me smile to myself. Many people sat silently, watching me, and some of them my friends waved and giggled in the front row. I gave them a pointed look and they quieted down. I turned and looked at my accompanist, who nodded and then slowly began playing my song. I waited for my part, my heart beating to the point of almost pain. I took in a deep breath and released notes, perfect notes with a hint of vibrato. I smiled as I sang and felt like I was releasing my pent up emotions. Soft gasps were heard around the room and I didn't even bother to acknowledge them. The only thing I was focused on was the music notes and how the song swirled around me like a cloud. My song ended and my breath softened and I smiled before walking off stage. As I left I heard screams and applause like none other before. I was proud and happy to the point of tears. I wanted to become an idol. I wanted to stand before everyone and deliver my emotions out loud, prove to the world who I am. I want to be an idol, it is my dream.