Part 7

An Idol's Dream

I awoke with a dull pain in my shoulder, everything seeming to feel better than before. I was laying on the floor, a room I didn't fully recognize staring back at me. I was in a pair of sweat pants and a tank top, but on my injured shoulder was wrapped around my torso in a white bandage. 

I look like Mulan... but with a tank top on...

I felt the familiar pressure of my cats against my legs. They were obviously asleep to the light breathing I could hear from my lower direction. My breathing was a little rugged, but it was just a silent sign that I was slightly back to normal and was waking up as groggily as ever.

I shifted my eyes to the side, trying to pin point my exact destination. I looked over to the left and saw a bed that I immediately recognized as Kai's. To the right was Kyungsoo's. I was stationed between the boys beds and I was in a makeshift bed on the floor, the padding a little uneven, but it worked out for me perfectly.
Kyung and Kai seemed to notice my now woken state for they climbed up my body, my cheeks and chin, trying to get my attention.

"Hi... Hi..." I gently pet them with my uninjured arm. 

I saw my phone sitting next to my pillow, I gently reached and grabbed it. I checked the date and time, only to see that it was six days past the day the incident happened. I blinked several times, staring at the date in slight confusion. I moved slightly and felt my shoulder surge into a burning pain that was bellow the flesh.

"Oww...." I froze, halting the extreme pain.

I looked over at the bandage and saw small droplets of blood that had soaked through, indicating that it was still bleeding slightly.  I took my hand and cautiously poked the wound. It was probably the worst idea had ever had. I had a hard time not screaming in pain. I only bit into my bottom lip until I tasted the fresh salty smear of blood that trickled in my mouth. I opened my mouth to let the new wound breath and I listened, trying to see if anyone else was in fact home. 

As if on cue, Kyungsoo walked into the room and jumped in surprise upon seeing my slight upright position, staring at him intently. 

"Omo! You're awake! Kai! Kai! Kai! She's awake!!" Kyungsoo ran out of the room and came back, dragging a shocked Kai.

"Oh my god... Rachel? Are you okay?!" They both shouted in unison.

"Yeah... My shoulder hurts but... Where am I?" I asked a little sleepily.

"You're in our room, you were released from the hospital yesterday morning." Kai explained nervously, watching to see my reaction.

"Alright..." I ran a shaky hand through my hair, "Does Moa know?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Do... Do my parents know?" I asked guardedly.

"Yes, Moa contacted family and friends and let them know what happened and that you're okay." Kyungsoo stared at me as he spoke.

"What's been going on with everything?" I asked as a small headache pinged at the top of my nose.

"You've been out for about five days." Kai looked off a little sadly.

"You've sold a lot of albums!" Kyungsoo chimed in.

"Yeah, a lot of people like your music." Both of them smiled, obviously trying to lighten the mood.

"Oh... That's good..." I nodded softly then looked at them in curiosity, "What happened to the person that stabbed me?" My mind was a little fuzzy, the whole incident still a little mysterious.

As the words left my mouth I began to tear up, realizing that this really DID happen to me and it wasn't just some horrible nightmare that I had. It was reality and it personally made me afraid of what was going to happen to me now. My tears spilled down my face as I wondered about that desperate women who thought that killing me would fix all her problems.

The both of them look between each other before cautiously kneeling next to me, Kyungsoo on my right and Kai on my left. Kyungsoo awkwardly put his hand on my shoulder, rubbing it gently.

"She's in jail now." He informed me.

"She'll be in jail for several years." Kai nodded with a small smile.

That's when I started full blown crying, partly because I was glad that she wasn't going to be able to come after me again... for a while at least. But I was also in fear that someone else felt the same as her, just waiting to strike. Kai and Kyungsoo wrapped their arms around me and held onto me tightly as I wept into their broad shoulders. We stayed like that for about fifteen minutes until my tears had finally stopped and I felt stronger than before. It felt as though all my troubles washed away with my tears and I was left with a newfound strength. 

"You okay now?" Kai whispered softly as he put my head.

"Yeah." I nodded like a small child.

"Can we get you anything?" Kyungsoo asked, rubbing my back.

"I don't want to have you go all the way out to get it." I mumbled, not wanting to voice my request.

"We'll get it! What is it that you want?" Kai smiled sweetly.

I pouted a little and looked down at my hands, "Honeydew boba..." I murmured and the two of them chuckled. 

"Coming right up Princess." Kai saluted me and nodded to Kyungsoo.

They both stood and waved goodbye to me, closing the bedroom door and audibly getting their things and leaving the apartment. I sighed and ran a shaky hand through my hair. 

What do I do now?

I attempted to move my arm, but my shoulder shot with pain and restricted my movement. It was official, I wasn't going to be able to do much because of my wound. 

I wonder if I'll need physical therapy after the wound heals?

I laid back down and pondered on it, also trying to remember what happened while I was conscious in the rare moments in the hospital. I thought of D.O calling out for me, Suho talking about not knowing what to do, the doctors fixing my bandages, and then I thought of Sehun.

Why does it feel like something big happened with Sehun?

I furrowed my brows and wondered, trying hard to remember what had happened with Sehun. Then it struck me and a cold shiver ran through me. I sat up and grabbed my phone, seeing several updates on the news about me and that I received hundreds of texts. I looked to the news first, seeing if it had become public. I scrolled through several news articles about the stabbing, which sent a cold sweat down my back. I scrolled and saw nothing, my heart calming and I relaxed releasing a content sigh.

I went to my text messages and rolled my eyes when I saw that I had messages from practically everyone I ever texted.

(The following is how their names appear in my phone and how many texts each sent)

Kookie - 53

Jiminnie - 45

Yoongi - 40

JinJinJin - 50

Alien V - 25

Namjoon - 10

My Hope - 60

Sehunnie - 70

Dinosaur - 25

Kreese - 5

Lu Deer - 30

Beak - 15

Yeollie - 35

Xiu - 18

Dark Panda - 22

Unicorn Lay - 43

Su Umma - 15

Kai - 10

Henwy - 4

Leo Stone - 2

Kenjumma - 15

RAVIoli - 6

NNNNNNNNNN - 16

Hyukky - 12

Hongbin X - 13

Markie - 16

BAM - 27

Jackson :p - 17

JR - 12

(Any other members didn't text me or they didn't have my number, so don't think I only chose my favorites :P)

This sight made me chuckle lightly. They sure did know how to go overboard. I started by going through one at a time. I spent the next half hour going through all of BTS's, each person writing basically their own story. Each text conversation started off with them hearing of the news and asking if I was okay. They then continued to talk about how they wished they could come see me, but their schedule denied them. Then Jungkook went off on a banter about how Chen was a bastard that wouldn't let him know when I was awake. Jungkook was seriously mad and it made me smile to an image of an angry Kookie sending these texts after a long conversation with Chen.

I spent another fifteen minutes looking over the texts until I heard the familiar opening of the apartment door. I only looked up at the door for a moment before going back to reading a message Lay had sent me. A soft knock came on the door and I looked up, not answering and waiting for the door to open. After a obvious hesitant moment the door opened and on the other side with a smiling Lay.

"Lay!" I exclaimed in happiness.

"Did somebody order some boba?" He smirked slightly.

"I did!" I raised my hand and beckoned him in.

He bowed and handed me the drink gently, "Only the best for the Princess."

I giggled and took the drink from him, taking a large gulp of the cold liquid. I felt my eyes roll back and my stomach relax and sigh as I tasted the best thing ever. Lay chuckled as he took a seat on the floor next to me. He crossed his legs like a pretzel and smiled at me thoughtfully, waiting for me to speak.

"Lay, you're the best!!" I exclaimed happily.

"I know." He shrugged it off as nothing.

"I would hug you, buuuutttttt I can't really move." I sighed and shook my head, taking another sip.

"Hold out your pointer finger." He told me, holding out his own.

I looked at him a little strangely before holding out my finger. Lay smiled and wrapped his index finger around my own and smiled to me.

"A baby hug." He cooed.

My heart swelled and I wanted to hug Lay more than anything else. 

Stupid wound... Getting in the way of me hugging my friends!

The two of us smiled and enjoyed each other's company. Lay told me about everything that was going on while I was out. He told me about their work for a new comeback and about how my albums sold a lot more since I was injured. He said his opinion about it being wrong that people only now started to buy my new album just because I was injured, but I told him it was alright. Even though I felt the same as him I only said "business is business".

"How's Sehun?" I asked timidly.

"He's been a little depressed since you went out, but he is somewhat still happy." He shook his head in confusion, and then he added, "He asks about you every day."

My stomach clenched and I smiled softly, not knowing if Lay knew about us dating now or not.

"How is Suho? He seemed kind of out of it when he was at the hospital." I jumped in memory when I thought of how sad Suho seemed in the hospital.

"Oh! I should probably text him, he is worried twenty four seven. He even messed up dancing and singing yesterday, a lot. I felt bad for him, it was a first for him." Lay pulled out his phone and sighed sadly.

I pulled out my phone and finished reading everyone's messages while Lay left the room, talking to Suho on the phone. When I was done I sent the same text to everyone, except Kai, Lay, and Sehun. Everyone else got a  dull text.

    "Hey guys, I'm awake now, sorry for causing you trouble and making you worried or anything, I was just soooooo tired. Well I'm better now, so I'll see you guys soon!"

I sent that to everyone and then went to Sehun's message, wondering what to put. I sighed and continued with a simple message.

Me: "Hey Sehun, I'm awake now. Don't freak out and rush over here, because I know you will. I'm just hanging out with Lay, I'm still a little tired, but maybe I will have enough energy to see you later. Oh! When you see me please be careful with my shoulder, it still hurts T^T See ya!"

After I sent it I set my phone down and laid back onto the comforts of my bed, too tired to continue any kind of conversation. My phone buzzed and I looked at the text that Sehun had responded back with.

Sehunnie: "Are you okay? Does your shoulder hurt too much? I guess I can save the bombardment of questions for later. Take a nap, I'll drop by later with the guys. I'll be careful of your shoulder! Don't worry! :) I'll see you later buttercup, sweet dreams."

I let out an exhausted laugh and immediately drifted to sleep.