Part 14

An Idol's Dream

Time passed by faster than I thought it would and soon I was enveloped into EXO's world again like I was new. Half a year passed and it was finally warmer outside. EXO was currently working hard hosting some variety shows and I was working on another CD. I had recently gotten a shipment of clothes from Diamond Supply Co., they sponsored me some pajamas and sweaters. Adidas did the same and sent some nice sweatpants and sweaters. One thing I wouldn't give up is all the free stuff I got from companies just for me to wear around. I loved it.

I was currently sitting in an empty conference room with Moa, my new Adidas sweats on and my new Diamond shirt on. She was going over paper work and I was reading fan fiction stories on my phone. Even though I shouldn't, I enjoyed them. A thought popped into my mind that I needed to find an answer to, hopefully to my liking.

"Hey Moa?" I asked in English, still working on keeping my original language in check.

"Yes?" She responded, not looking at me once while she worked.

"Do you umm... Have that ticket thing where I can invite someone ummm up here and visit me for a week?" I asked sheepishly.

She paused and actually looked at me in slight shock, "Yeah, you want it?"

"Yes please!" I begged.

"For when?"

"Uhhh... Can I call my friend and ask?" I murmured, not thinking that far ahead.

"Sure, go ahead." She nodded and returned to her papers, "You should do that now, It's going to take them a while to bring me the artwork for your next CD."

"Okay..."

I was in a spiny chair and I'd have to say that whoever let me sit in it was dumb. I was spinning in circles while I dialed her number and called her.

"Montana!" I giggled as the phone was answered.

"Whhhhhhaaaatttttttt????" A muffled voice groaned out.

"... Sorry, I forgot about the time difference!" I apologized.

"I JUST laid down!" She hissed, her tone putting all its emphasis on 'just'.

"Ummm... Do you want to come visit me... sometime soon?" I asked hopefully.

"What?" She sounded slightly more alert, "Yes." She said in a monotone voice, "I'd love to come visit you." She said a little happier.

"That's great... ummm... Whennnnnnn do you want to come?" I held out my 'when' in thought.

"Whenever's fine." She sighed and I could tell she was completely discombobulated.

"Alright, if I emailed you the ticket and everything you'll be able to come by next weekend?" I asked.

"Yeah... Yeah... I'll come." She yawned.

She is soooo out of it...

"Alright, okay... I guess I'll uhhh... Call you tomorrow to make sure you're all packed and stuff..." I spoke awkwardly.

I had to call her tomorrow because the next weekend was in three days.

"Okay..."

"Okay, bye." I nodded.

"Bye...." She grumbled before the line went dead.

She isn't even going to remember this conversation...

*  *  *

The next morning I woke up and immediately called Montana. She was thankfully still awake and I smiled devilishly to the thought that she didn't remember our conversation. If I had the chance to , I'd take it.

"Hey... Do you even remember the conversation we had last night?" I asked skeptically.

"What conversation? You called me?" She asked in a shocked tone.

"Do I need to re-explain everything?" I sighed.

"Yeah...." She chuckled nervously.

I explained everything to her and when she responded with a happy scream I knew that she was excited to come.

"OH M GOD YEAH I'LL COME!!!" She yelled and I could hear the faint sound of her opening her cabinets, probably starting to pack.

I laughed and said goodbye to her. I had gotten today and the next couple days off. Normally the boys would surprise me with dinners to go to, or they would rent an American film just so I can see what's going on with the film industry at home. Most of them would fall asleep or the others would try and keep up with subtitles. Jin had me come over more often to "babysit" Jimin and Jungkook. Jimin has gotten closer to me and even suggests romance, but I leave it be and let him know I just want to be friends. Ever since Chanyeol reminded everyone about the things I used to do I actually started doing them again. All the guys became happier and I even went beyond EXO and started doing it for SHINee, BTS, GOT7, VIXX, and sometimes Henry. The days flew by quickly while I wrote music in my room and night was creeping over the horizon. I paused the music on my Dr. Dre Studio headphones and pulled them off. I messaged my neck from its stiff pain. Someone knocked on my door and I turned in my chair.

"Yeah?"

"Uhh Rachel?" Kyungsoo poked his head into my room and I felt my stomach pinch in happiness, "There's someone on the phone for you..."

"Huh? On the phone for me?" I stood curiously.

"Yes..." Kyungsoo seemed very confused, probably to the fact that someone called our house phone who wasn't from SM.

I run downstairs to the kitchen and Luhan and Sehun were happily baking things in the kitchen while Kai was sitting at the kitchen table, reading. Kyungsoo went back to the kitchen, helping the two men make what look to be small cakes. They were adorable looking and I smiled at them. Luhan had drawn something on his with icing and he held it up for everyone to see.

"Look it's a deer!" He spoke happily.

Sehun held up his and spoke in a monotone, "Look it's a bird."

I watched them curiously for a moment, the phone in my hand.

"Look two deer!" Luhan held up another cake.

"Whale." Was all Sehun said as he held up his cake.

The way his voice vibrated deeply through the kitchen made me start laughing. The three men were laughing and having fun and Kai observed them quietly with a small smile on his face.

"You dorks..." He mumbled and only I heard.

I started laughing even harder.

"We're baking cookies!" Luhan cheered.

"Pies." Sehun corrected him.

"Cakes." Kyungsoo sighed, correcting both of them.

"Kai, come make one!" Luhan pleaded.

With a sigh Kai stood and journeyed to the kitchen nervously, "I'm not good at this kind of stuff..." He mumbled. When he was done he held up his cake that had a large and slightly crooked "K" on it. "That's all I can do..." He sighed with a chuckle.

That's cute.

I picked up the phone and put it to my ear softly, "Hello?" I asked.

"Hey! I'm going to be getting on my last plane in two hours!" She cheered quietly.

"Wow... Really?"

"Yeah! SO I'm gonna be there soon!!!" She squealed, barely being able to keep her happiness under control.

"Montana, you know how long the flight is... right?" I asked in concern, hoping she looked at her flight ticket.

"What is it, like 2 hours?" She chuckled.

"Montana... It's a 12 hour flight..." I spoke honestly.

"What." Montana spoke in plain shock.

I started laughing, "Did you at least pack snacks?" I chuckled.

"No..." She whined, "I don't have any snacks Rachel!" She whined out.

"Okay, Okay... I'll call the airport and have them put you in the VIP section okay?" I sighed.

"Oh my god I love you." She spoke exasperatedly.

"I know." I chuckled.

"Oh! I'll get a hot towel!" She giggled eagerly, "You know how they always have those? I always thought those would be cool."

"I think VIP gets their own bathrooms that are a little nicer."

"YEAH! IT COACH!" She cheered, "As I walked through coach I would flip everyone off." She laughed.

"VIP is before coach Montana." I laughed.

"Flip everyone off." She still laughed.

"Like as they're walking in?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"Yep." I could almost see her nodding her head. We continued to laugh at the joke she was "going" to do. Eventually we got off topic and she ended it with "I'm not really going to do it, I'll do it mentally." She laughed and then gave a happy sigh, "Thank you soooo much!"

"I know, well at least go buy like some chex mix or something because I always sleep through the entire flight, I don't know if you're going to be that lucky." I informed her.

"Alright... You know I can't stay still for very long. Well, Rachel I'm already here at the airport..."

"Yeah?"

"Well I've been sitting here for a while and there is a really HOT Asian man sitting next to me..." She whispered loudly, "And he's like NEXT to me. There are like five seats open on the other side and he's like... NEXT TO ME!!!"

"Eh... What does he look like?" I asked softly. 

One of EXO had been in America by himself for a while and I wasn't sure when he was to return, but it might be him. I thought on the idea that it could be him and it made me smirk a little. 

I wonder...

I could hear Montana shuffling in her seat. I could tell from the slightly strained breaths she was emitting, she was secretly taking a good look at him. 

"He-He-He's cute..." She whispered, distracted. 

"Montana that doesn't help me..." I sighed.

"He's wearing this sweater..." She spoke in whispers that made her sound like a creeper, "... it says wolf on it... and it's grey... and he's wearing converse... they're black... and then... he's wearing some jeans.... and he's  wearing a hat..."

"I hope he's wearing pants." I giggled. 

"He's wearing this ummmm ring... It's  a really big ring..." She sounded scared and shocked to the apparent size of the ring, "it's like... I think it's like a hexagon?! And it has glitter on it... that's kinda gay..." There was a pause before she gave a happy sigh, "He's got brown hair and this umm cute little face and and he's Asian!"

"Ummm Montana..." I let out a sigh, knowing exactly who it was, "Ask him if he'd want to talk to me from SM Entertainment."

"Hehe do you really want me to talk to him?" She gave a creepy chuckle. 

"Yeah, just ask him." I was trying to hold back my laughter. 

"A-Alright..." She stuttered and quickly cleared , I heard her give a faint "Excuse me?"

His voice was so loud it made me laugh, "Yes?"

"Umm.. neh... ummm.... nyaaaa..." Montana was having a freezing moment and I started laughing even harder, "SM Entertainment wants to talk to you!" She finally exclaimed. 

"They call you?" He asked in shock. 

"Y-Yeah? Uhhh Yeah! My friend ummm from SM Entertainment wants to talk to you!!" Suddenly his voice was closer and I knew she was trying to hand over the phone. 

"Uhhh Alright..." Suddenly I could tell he was holding the phone to his ear, "Hello?"

"Chen is that you?" I gave a little giggle.

"Wh-Who is this??" He asked timidly. 

I facepalmed and Luan laughed at me from the kitchen, "It's Rearo... you know... Rachel." I explained. 

"RACHEL!! Oh my god hi! Is this girl next to me your friend?" He exclaimed happily. 

"Yeah, so be nice to her okay?" I heard him chuckle, "Hey Chen, while you're there, this is perfect timing, while you're there can you talk to the airport and get her a VIP seat?"

"Yeah yeah yeah, I have an extra seat next to me she can use."

"Oh Chen she'll be so happy! Thank you! Can you just like... talk to her during the flight if she's not sleeping and keep her preoccupied? She gets nervous during flights, so she might hold your hand." I explained slowly.

"Oh that's fine, that's fine." I could almost see him nodding along. 

"So please be nice to her and don't be a troll. Just umm bring her to the SM Entertainment building, just her to my room please."

"Alright alright..." I could almost hear his smirk through the phone, "I'll have fun....." There was a long pause, "Does she know any Korean?"

"Not really, she knows how to say hi." I shrugged. 

"I practice my English..." He sighed. 

"Good job Chen! Good job!"

"Alright... okay..." Suddenly Chen switched back to English and his voice seemed to go up an octave, "You want talk her again?" He clearly asked Montana. 

"Yes please!! Put her on the phone!" I exclaimed, hoping he heard. 

"Okay." Chen spoke and obviously returned the phone. 

I could hear Montana giggling, "Rachel, what'd you do?" She giggled like a love struck teenager. 

"Umm he's going to get you the VIP seat next to him..." I started. 

"What...?" She sounded surprised, "You-You-You mean like the seat behind him?"

"N-No Montana, the seat NEXT to him... The same area next to him. SAME ARMREST!" I sighed as I explained. 

"Really? I don't know if I can handle that..." She was fangirling audibly, she started laughing almost hysterically, "Whyyyyyy!!!" She whined. 

"Montana... that's probably the only VIP seat left! He's using it for his bags and he said he didn't need it, so he's going to let you have it." I explained quickly. 

"But... you know Rachel... you know I'm not good around peoplllllleeeee!" She whined again, "Especially a hot  man!"

"Montana he said it's alright if you grab his hand."

"Okay..."

"And he'll talk to you."

"Okay..."

"And brush up on his English a little... Anddddd... if you need anything... ask him."

"Oh this is going to be fun..." She spoke sarcastically. 

"Just be nice to him okay?"

"What am I gonna do?!" She asked in a threatening way, there a long pause before she exclaimed, "Oh my god the plane got here early!"

"Yeah!"

"How long have we been talking?"

There was a pause before she mumbled, "An hour."

"Really." I nodded in amazement, "It's been that long?"

"Yeah."

"Rachel!" Kyungsoo called out to me and I glanced over at him, "I made a cake!" He exclaimed happily.

I smiled at him and saw the cute purple cake in his hand, "That's very cute Kyungsoo!"

Kyungsoo smiled at me brightly and I felt my heart warm to this cute side to him.

"R-Rachel?" Montana mumbled.

"Oh sorry! He made a cake..." I told her.

"I want cake..." She chuckled.

"Yeah, he made... What IS that on that cake...?" I asked myself as I peered at the odd shape on the cake.

I asked Kyungsoo in Korean and he peered at the cake for a moment with a blank smile before looking at me. It seemed like he was looking for an answer, but he spoke anyways.

"I don't know!" He laughed cutely.

"It's a blob!" I laughed in English.

"It uhhhh it scribble." He laughed loudly in English.

"Picasso!" I told him.

"Rachel it's you!" Sehun laughed.

I gave him a pained look, "OHHH!!" I whined.

Kai, who had migrated to the counter closed the book he was reading and through it at Sehun, who ducked and the hard book smacked the fridge.

"Don't be mean to her!" He scowled.

"I don't know what it's supposed to be, it's Picasso."Kyungsoo smiled at me.

"They're making abstract art here." I laughed to Montana.

"Oh Rachel! I really gotta go!" Montana exclaimed.

"Okay, his name is Chen, okay? C.H.E.N." I spoke it slowly for her, "And he's very nice."

"Chen." She repeated.

"Say it with me," I paused to make sure she was listening, "Chen."

"Chen?"

"Chen."

"Chen."

"Good."

Suddenly I heard Chen on the other end, "Yes?"

"Oh no, no, no." Montana spoke to him in a hurry.

"Alright." I laughed.

"Okay... umm... I'm going to get on the plane now!" She laughed.

"Alright."

"Wish me luck!" She sang to me and then began fake crying.

So dramatic.

"Okay Montana, I'll talk to you later!"

"Okay bye!" She smiled through the phone before I hung up and set the house phone down.

I looked to the boys and felt a smirk dance across my lips. The boys had made a small mess, their complexions looking like little children with the floor and icing stuck to their chin and noses.

"Hey guys, my friends coming." I smiled to them and saw all them look to me with glittering eyes.

"That's great!" Kyungsoo and Luhan smiled.

"I hope she's nice!" Kai fist bumped Sehun.

"She is! She's on a flight with Chen." I smiled.

That statement made all of them freeze and look at me in surprise.

"What?" Luhan asked breathlessly.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"Oh god..."Kyungsoo and Kai looked to each other in concern.

"What's going on? What do you mean?" I asked, looking between all their stiff figures.

"You see..." Kyungsoo spoke up and looked at me a little sadly, "Chen's been... moody recently."He dropped the word 'moody' like a bomb in the kitchen.

It left everyone silent and worried.

"What do you mean moody?" I asked, recalling his pleasurable voice only moments before.

"You know how he is very angry sometimes?" Sehun asked.

"Y-Yeah..." I nodded remembering one of Chen's temper tantrums that even left me screaming for my mom.

"He's been in a very good mood for the past couple of days, which is very scary because when Chen's in a good mood, we don't know what he's going to do."Kai sighed.

I looked off and mentally pictures Montana's face,"Montana..."I mumbled in worry.

Oh god...

"No, no, no, no, no don't worry about it now! Make cake with us!" Luhan cheered.

I sighed and joined them, knowing that I would have to wait 12 hours before I heard back from Montana. I had a long wait before I found out if Chen was ACTUALLY okay to Montana. I gave hefty sigh and helped them make cake until I headed off to bed two hours later.

 

Okay guys! Thank you for the patient wait! I love you all for commenting and supporting this story. I'm currently writing part 18 and many of you may kill me or fangirl. Idk just don't kill me please! I uploaded these three chapters because I love you all and want to keep you updated! I hope I have some Jimin lovers here because he will start playing a big part in Rachels life. Again love you all and keep commenting I love it!! :)

^3^ ~♡

-Author-nim