Chapter 20

An Idol's Dream

(P.S This is a real picture of the Jack that is based later in chapter. He's my childhood friend lol)

Rachel P.O.V

I walked downstairs and heard Sehun spouting nonsense that was barely understandable. Kyungsoo just stood there patiently waiting for him to finish.

"Yeah, OH! ANNNNDDDDDD she told me I was hot." Sehun was beaming with happiness.

"Only because you wouldn't leave me alone." I chuckled and approached them.

Kyungsoo gave me a small smile, but there was no sign of happiness behind his dark eyes.

What did Sehun tell him?

"Don't worry Rachel, we'll keep your secret!" Sehun draped an arm over Kyungsoo's shoulders and gave me a thumbs up.

"Sehun... Who do you think I like?" I questioned, seeing as though it obviously wasn't Kyungsoo.

"Don't worry about it, I think I got it spot on!" He swung his hand around to dissolve the situation.

I bet you don't.

Suddenly Kai came into the kitchen and wrapped his longs arms around my waist, resting his chin atop my head. I knew it was Kai because of the soft smell he had. I didn't know how to place it... it was like honey and something else.

"Hey Kai." I smiled and wrapped my arms around his.

"Hey Soo, what are you making for dinner?"

"I was just making a quick stir fry, why?" Kyungsoo turned and stirred the meal before looking back at us.

"Just wondering!" Kai smiled brightly.

He looked down at me and his eyes twinkled with some kind of desire I hadn't seen before. He kissed my forehead and went back to the living room to continue his conversation with everyone. I smiled at his retreating figure and looked back at Sehun to see his eyes wide.

"What?" I wondered out loud.

"Did I get it wrong?" Sehun started softly questioning himself.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, "I knew you didn't have it right, if she didn't tell you personally then you're not going to get it right."

"But I could've sworn I had it right!"

"Who did you think it was?" I asked, bringing back my earlier question.

"Chen." Sehun shrugged.

At that I burst out laughing to think that they thought Chen was the guy I liked. Suddenly Chen came into the kitchen with a bright smile.

"I heard my name." He chuckled at my mirth.

"Listen here!"I kept laughing as I put a hand on his shoulder, "These two thought that I had a crush on you!" I laughed.

Chen burst into laughter and placed a hand on my shoulder, the two of us doubling over with laughter. Sehun stood there and pouted like we were picking on him. Once Chen and I recovered from our laughing fit, we smiled at the two boys in front of us.

"Don't worry guys, I don't like Rachel that way." Chen patted my head.

"I don't like this dinosaur that way either." I chuckled.

"Dinosaur? What are you talking about? I'm a gorgeous man, not a dinosaur." He ruffled my hair.

"Yes you're a gorgeous man... but you're ALSO a dinosaur." I smirked and held my hands up like claws, "Rawr."

This made Sehun and Kyungsoo chuckle lightly. Chen only rolled his eyes and went back to the couch. I smiled softly and turned back to Kyungsoo and Sehun. I walked past Kyungsoo and began stirring his stir fry for him.

"Wait... So if it isn't Chen... Then who is it?" Sehun asked.

"It's none of your business." Kyungsoo lightly punched his arm.

"Yah! You wanted to know too!" Sehun grumbled.

I froze from my stirring upon hearing that.

Kyungsoo wanted to know?

It peaked my interest, the only reason someone would want to know about another's personal life was an interest in that person. Either that or they were just nosy like Sehun. I turned and looked at D.O in suspicion and he looked off, not being able to keep eye contact with me.

"You were interested?" I asked skeptically.

"I-" Before he could respond my phone suddenly began ringing with its "Mr. Sandman" ringtone.

I quickly ran over to the kitchen table where I left it and picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Rachel?" A familiar voice I hadn't heard in about two years spoke through the phone.

"Jack?!"

"Hey, it's been a while, huh?" He chuckled to my shock.

"Yeah, how have you been? I mean it's been a couple years... right?" I took a seat at a stool at the kitchen counter, sitting next to Sehun.

"Yeah..." There was a long pause, "You know I miss you, right?"

Jack was never one for expressing his emotion, so even this little bit shocked me, "I miss you too, are you alright? Is everything alright?" I asked in worry.

For one, Jack never called me and I mean NEVER. Also he doesn't ever tell me how he feels. I was completely worried about him, he was like my older brother and he was upset about something I could tell.

"Well... There is a little thing going on with my parents, I can't really stand them right now..."

I knew it...

"I can't stay anywhere right now..."

"Jack... Are you asking to stay with me?" I asked.

"If it's not too much trouble, I'll only stay for a little bit." He pleaded.

Jack was not one to mooch off others, he was always independent, so I immediately knew he was desperate. Only one problem... I don't know if he knows about my job and where I live.

"Jack... Before I agree to anything... Don't you know where I live now?" I asked.

I heard a confirmed grunt, "I know... You live in South Korea right? Montana told me."

"Then... You're willing to come stay out here for as long as you need and endure my roommates?" I asked.

"Roommates? Montana didn't say anything about that..." He sounded concerned.

"Don't worry, they share a room and I get my own room, you would just stay in my room or theirs. I'm okay with you coming, let me just convince my manager." I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Alright... Thank you... so much." He sounded happy, but sad at the same time.

"Okay, one rule though, you can't get angry at the guys." I grumbled.

"Guys?"

"Yeah, I live with two guys from another band and their other members are frequent visitors." I explained.

"Oh... alright, I'll try my best."

"Wait! Let me ask one of the guys if he would mind."

"Alright, I'll wait here."

"Kyungsoo-ah..." I got the man's attention.

"Hm?"

"Is it alright if my friend stays here for a bit? They are having troubles at home and has nowhere to go. Please!" I stood from my stool and bowed to Kyungsoo in a pleading way.

"Sure, they can stay." He shrugged like it was nothing.

"Is it a girl?" Sehun smirked a little.

"No, it's my childhood friend Jack."

"It's a guy?" Sehun asked a little shocked.

"Yes, he's a good guy, please let him stay." I pleaded again.

"Fine, but he needs to get a job or something if he is going to be out here long." Kyungsoo pointed a teriyaki soaked spatula my way.

"Thank you so much!" I ran over and gave him a big hug, kissing his cheek as a bonus. "He said it's okay!" I giggled to Jack and returned to my seat.

"Tell him I'm very thankful." Jack's solemn tone mumbled.

"When are you coming anyway?" I asked.

"I was hoping I could come by tomorrow? If that's too soon I can stay in a hotel for a day."

"No! Don't you dare stay in a hotel, come on over, I'll get a bed set up for you." I smiled.

"Alright... Thank you Rachel, you're the best, you know that right?" He chuckled.

"Yep!" I smiled happily.

"I'll see you tomorrow."

"See ya!"

The line went dead and I immediately called Moa, explaining the details and pleading with her that it would only be for a bit and he wouldn't interfere with my debut that was to take place in the next week.  After a long time she finally agreed that it was okay, as long as he became her new assistant to pay rent because Suto quit and ran off to live his dream as a farmer.

Who knew that was his dream?

I asked her about beds and she said she would send a bed for him to sleep on. It would be put in the extra space in my room because D.O and Kai's room was too small. I thanked her greatly and hung up, thanking the lord for letting me help a friend in need. I got dinner and ate with the boys, telling them my good news, and at first they were a little off about it, not wanting him to come, but after a pleading session and Kyungsoo's help, they finally said they would do their best to be friends. I even told Tao that Jack was a professional gymnast and might be able to train with him. Tao immediately welcomed him without seeing him and it made me laugh. I explained that he was a little upset because of home and that he didn't know Korean, so they needed to help him the best they could. They all gave me serious stares and nodded, taking the whole thing very serious.

Thanks you guys, I think he'll find his happiness here.

*  *  *

I yawned and sat up, my phone going off. I grabbed it and answered, not thinking clearly.

"Hello? Is this chicken delivery? Did Kai call again?" I mumbled.

I heard a soft chuckle, "No, it's Jack, the non chicken delivery guy and Kai didn't call."

"Jack! Sorry! I just woke up!" I hurried to wake up more and come to my senses.

"Does this Kai order a lot of chicken?" Jack asked.

"Yeah... All the time..." I chuckled and curled my knees up to my chest, feeling like I was young again.

"Is he one of your roommates?"

"Yeah, my roommates are Kai and Kyungsoo." I smiled.

My two cats mewled and came running, thinking I was calling for them. They curled up onto my lap and began purring, going to sleep.

"Alright... You told them I don't know any Korean right? I feel kinda bad... I won't be able to communicate."

"It will be funny in the least and yeah I told them." I smiled, "Oh yeah! My friend Tao knows Kung Fu and I told him that you knew gymnastics so you could train with him sometime, sorry for signing you up for something." I apologized.

"It's fine, I think doing a little training will help relieve some stress." I could hear his smile.

"Oh! Another thing! My manager wants you to be her assistant to pay for rent, her other assistant quit to be a farmer..." I thought for a moment, "That sounds really bad... She's a good person, her last assistant was just a bit... strange." I chuckled softly, thinking of the kind man.

He chuckled, "Alright, you know you ramble just like when we were young, right?"

"I know! You don't need to remind me..." I sighed.

Suddenly the doorbell rang, "Coming!" I heard Kai yell.

"Who was that?"

"That was Kai, someone's at the door." I mumbled, standing at the door and listening to see if it was important.

"Rachel! It's for you!" Kai yelled up to me, "It's your friends bed!"

"I'm coming!" I yelled then went back to my phone, "It's your bed, I'll go to help them set it up. Will you call me when you know when you're landing, that way I can come get you?" I asked as I hurried downstairs.

"Yeah, I'm going to be landing in three hours actually, I'll see you soon."

Three hours?

"Alright, see you soon."

The phone hung up and I realized he must have called me while he was on the plane.

You can do that?

I shook it off and hurried to the door, helping direct the men upstairs to my room, telling them to move my bed over and make room for his. They nodded and moved my bed, but still making it comfortable. They set up Jack's bed and surprisingly it didn't come with any sheets or anything. Before the men left they handed me a note from Moa.

"I put a bunch of money on your card, go buy him the bedding and sheets you think he'll like. See you tomorrow for your first recording day, good luck. -Moa"

I smiled to the simplicity and pocketed the note, quickly getting dressed in a long sleeve shirt and a black pair of jeggings that had lined designs in the knees. I hurried downstairs and flung a scarf around my neck and grabbing my purse and keys. I slipped on my vans and opened the front door, about to burst out when I saw Kyungsoo standing outside with groceries. I opened the door wider and helped him carry them in.

"What's got you in such a hurry so early?" He asked around his scarf.

"I have to go buy sheets and bedding for Jack's bed, he's going to be here in three hours." I explained as I helped him unpack.

"Would you mind if I came with you? I want some new sheets as well." He mumbled.

"I would love to have you accompany me! We can pick out bedding together!" I smiled and put the last of the groceries away.

He nodded with a smile and he helped me hurry to the nearest bedding store. We walked inside and looked around, trying to figure out what would be good. I found a bedding and sheet set that immediately made me smile. It was an orange and white bedding that had a sort of black and orange lazy scribble all over it.

I bought that and bought things to soften the bed, making it comfortable. Kyungsoo bought some new plain grey sheets and we started to head back to the apartment.

"Why don't we get some boba?" He asked.

"Sure!" I smiled.

We walked into a cafe and many fangirls began fiercely taking our pictures and annoying us while we ordered our honeydew and green tea boba. Kyungsoo refused to let me pay and bought me the boba and a small cookie with a heart on it. I smiled to him and split the cookie in half, giving him the other half. Once we got our drinks we got out of there as quickly as we could, leaving the fangirls and heading back to the apartment. As we walked this lady rammed into me and hissed out something only I could hear.

"You don't belong here." She hissed and disappeared.

I stared after her as Kyungsoo steadied me and made sure I was okay. I told him I was fine, but in reality I was curious.

Do some people still not like me? Will I be an unwanted Idol?

As thoughts swarmed through my head I got a text, "Landing in 45 minutes."

I smiled and hurried inside with Kyungsoo, leaving the bedding for him and Kai to do while I went down and borrowed a car from the company to pick Jack up.

*  *  *

I sat in the pickup area to get Jack, he said he was coming outside right now, so I waited patiently amongst the other cars. I pulled out my phone and replied to a text from Luhan. He wanted to know what kind of food my friend liked and I told them to just make some butter rice that I taught them a month back and to make some gyoza. Luhan said he would his best. Just as I replied a "thanks" the passenger window of the car was knocked on. I looked out the window and saw Jack smiling at me softly. (Go to picture at top for what he looks like.. lol... well his back)  I jumped out of the car and opened the trunk, helping him put his things in before surprising him with a tight hug. We both weren't too big on physical affection, so it surprised him to have me hug him so fiercely. It was then that I realized, coming out here has made me soft. I chuckled and released him, muttering a small "Sorry..."

We got into the car and headed off to the apartment, the time being about a forty five minute drive.

"So how have you been? Gymnastics going good?" I asked as I drove.

"Yeah, everything's good, just my parents are pressuring me a little too much." He sighed.

"I see..." I cleared my throat, not really knowing what to talk about.

"So how are you? I mean I heard you're an idol now, that's pretty cool right?" He asked, breaking the tension.

"Yeah, it's great! I mean you'll see soon enough." I chuckled, "But otherwise it's great, I get to meet a lot of nice people and I get to do things in public. The only problem is people crowding me and taking my pictures, I haven't debuted yet, but they already know me." I sighed.

"Sounds rough, anything I can do to help?" He asked.

"Well just you helping my manager Moa will be plenty of help." I smiled at him.

"Alright." He looked off then turned to me abruptly, "I tried to learn some Korean... It's really hard." He sighed.

"I know, what did you try and learn? Maybe I can help you." I smiled to him as we pulled onto the last street.

"I tried to learn 'hello my name is Jack' but I don't think I can say it right..."

"That would be... annyeonghaseyo, joeneun Jack ieyo." I spoke to him and he stared at me blankly.

"What?"

I laughed, "Don't worry, I told them to be nice and try and talk in English for you, one of them knows English really well and then there's another guy who's English pronunciation is perfect, but he doesn't know too much English... he confused me when I first met him..." I sighed thinking of D.O.

I pulled into the buildings underground parking pass and put the car back in its designated spot. I stepped out and helped Jack carry his bags. I put his backpack on my back and carried his gym bag while he got his suitcase. We walked up to the lobby and walked up to Eun Sang. She stood and bowed to me, I bowed back and smiled, signaling Jack to do the same.

"Eun Sang, this is my friend that will be staying with me for a while, Moa already cleared it." I told her.

"Oh right! Here, these are his keys to your place and his ID card for entering and exiting the building." She passed over a small box of things, "Moa also got him this personal phone so she can get a hold of him when she needs him."

I nodded and took the box, saying goodbye and taking Jack to the elevators.

"These are your things, there is an ID card for entering and leaving the building, keys to our apartment and a personal phone for my manager to get a hold of you." I handed him the box and showed him what everything was.

"Alright... this is pretty serious huh? Like this is really happening... right?" He asked as he looked at the objects.

"Yep, this is the life." I smiled.

We walked to my apartment and I opened the door and scooted all the boys shoes over as I took mine off and showed Jack where to take his off. Suddenly a familiar overpowering smell entered my nose.

"TAO! COME SPRAY YOUR DAMN SHOES!" I yelled.

"Coming!" He called from further into the apartment.

I rolled my eyes and walked Jack inside, showing him the view from the kitchen.

"Welcome to your new home." I smiled to him and patted his back.

Suddenly I heard the pounding of Tao's feet as he ran to clean his shoes.

"Yah! What did I say about putting your shoes in my apartment when they smelled like that?!" I yelled at the man running to me.

"I'm sorry! I forgot!" He whined a little.

"Just go spray them, then help us carry his things upstairs." I sighed.

"Yes ma'am!" Tao saluted me and pulled out the convenient shoe spray that I had there, spraying his shoes to make them smell better.

After that he ran over and smiled to Jack and I.

"Good job, now introduce yourself."

"Hello, my name Tao, nice meet you." Tao bowed to Jack.

Jack looked to me and I nodded signaling for him to do the same.

"Hello, I'm Jack, it's nice to meet you too." Jack bowed back and mumbled to me, "This feels weird."

I rolled my eyes and motioned Tao to Jack's gym bag. He picked it up and the three of us headed upstairs into my room, placing the things on his perfectly made bed.

Thank you Kai and Kyungsoo, you guys are awesome!

Jack stared at the bed a moment, "Woah... That's pretty cool!"

"It was a last minute pick, if you want something different just ask me and I can get you something else." I told him.

"No, this is perfect." He flopped back onto it and moaned out, "This is so comfy."

I laughed and translated to Tao, who also chuckled.

"Rachel? Are you home?" I heard Xiumin call out.

"Upstairs Minnie!" I called out then face palmed.

I wasn't supposed to say that...

Xiumin walked into the room with a cocked eyebrow, "Minnie?"

"I'm sorry, that wasn't supposed to come out."

"It's alright, I like it." Xiumin smiled.

I smiled back and pointed to Jack, "This is Jack."

Xiumin wrapped an arm over my shoulders and stared at the comfy man.

"Hello my name is Xiumin." Xiumin nodded to Jack, who jumped and stood, bowing quickly and introducing himself.

I chuckled and wrapped an arm around Xiumin's back, hugging him partly.

"Rachel... Are you dating him?" Jack whispered.

I laughed, "No! We all are really close! It's a thing out here in Korea called skinship."

"Oh..."

"Trust me, it gets worse than this, I'm sorry, but you'll just need to bear with it okay?" I smiled softly.

"Alright, I think I can do that."

"Rachel?" I heard Chanyeol call out.

"Upstairs!" I yelled back and Chanyeol, Luhan, Sehun, Baekhyun, Kris, Chen, Suho, and Lay came up to the room.

I gave each of them a welcoming hug and told them about Jack, watching each of them introduce themselves like a proud mother. I applauded them for their good introductions and smiled happily.

"Oh! Right! Kyungsoo and I are going to go start dinner! Would you like to help?" Luhan came over to me and grabbed my hands in his, looking to me hopefully.

I smiled and nodded my head once with a soft grunt of approval. This made Luhan smile brightly and bring me into a hug, swinging me around softly. I giggled and pulled out of his grasp, walking over to Jack as the guys started to file downstairs to hang out in the living room no doubt.

"We are going to make Gyoza and butter rice for dinner, I'm going to go help Kyungsoo and Luhan, you can come watch or hang out with the guys in the living room," I smiled, patting his shoulder, "But if that's too uncomfortable for you, you can just stay up here till dinner is ready." I gave him an understanding look and he shook his head.

"I'll come down, I'm not sure what I'm going to do for right now, but I'll come downstairs at least." He smiled.

I nodded to him and went downstairs, his heavy footsteps following me. I went to the kitchen and saw Kyungsoo chopping up something and Kai grabbing a drink from the fridge. I ran, leaving Jack at the bottom of the stairs and I pulled Kyungsoo and Kai into a tight hug. I kissed both of them on the cheek.

"Thank you guys soooooo much! You are a big help!" I giggled into their ears.

I could tell that at first they were taken aback by my affection, but after a moment they hugged me back and patted my back. I pulled back and smiled brightly to them. I could tell that they knew how much this meant to me and it was great to know that they cared enough to help me. I especially loved the way Kyungsoo was helping me. There was a question in his eyes, it's been there for a while, but he kept it to himself. It saddened me that he wouldn't talk to me about his concerns, but it was none of my business to ask about his personal thoughts. Since he didn't care for me like I cared for him, it was definitely none of my business. I backed away from the two and pulled out the rice, pouring enough for everyone to have two servings. I started making it and listened to Luhan and Kyungsoo bicker back and forth about how to roll the Gyoza. I chuckled to myself because of their odd brother like attitudes. I turned my head and looked past them, looking at Jack, who stood by the kitchen stools, looking around awkwardly. I caught the attention of Lay and beckoned him over. He excused himself from the living room and walked into the kitchen, grabbing a water from the fridge and turning to me.

"Do you need something?" He asked.

"Yeah, can you ask Jack to join you guys, or at least sit and talk to him? He looks kinda alone." I pleaded to him.

Lay stared at the butter rice for a moment and turned back to me with a soft smirk, "What's in it for me?"

I widened my eyes, Lay was not one to act like this, so I was obviously surprised.

"I don't know... What do you want in return?" I asked.

"Hmmmm..." He pointed to his cheek and smiled knowingly.

I leaned up and kissed his cheek, laughing a little.

"Anything else?" I asked as I stirred the delicious smelling rice.

"Oh! I've always wanted to try your vanilla ice cream you said you used to make, could you make it sometime?" He looked excited, like a happy puppy.

I'm happy he looks more upbeat today.

"Sure! Also get Kris to translate for you, that way you can actually talk with him." I nodded to him and he smiled, nodding and running over to Kris.

After a moment or two the three boys were enjoying a nice conversation about exercise, where Kris groaned and Lay enthused about dance. Jack laughed and talked about gymnastics and his old life as a hockey player. I smiled to their new found closeness and it made my heart burn with a mother like feeling. I stirred the rice and asked Luhan and Kyungsoo if they were almost done. They nodded, frying the last batch next to me. Once I got that confirmation I turned off the burner and got out a cloth to set under the pot when I put it on the counter. I helped Xiumin, our new helper, set the table and get the food ready to scoop out. Once we were done we helped the guys bring the Gyoza over to the serving station.

"Come eat boys!" I called out and everyone came running like excited children.

Jack looked confused for a moment before Lay patted his arm, "Let go get food!"

Jack smiled and nodded, following the friendly man. Lay looked to me and I gave him a thumbs up and a wink. He smiled back and gave me a peace sign. Luhan, D.O and I decided to grab our plates last, hoping that the hungry group would actually leave some for us. Thankfully when they were done there was just enough for the three of us and we smiled, taking our own portion. It was a scattered meal, not one area of the first floor unoccupied, except the bathroom and the boys room. Kyungsoo, Luhan, Xiumin, Suho and I occupied the kitchen, some standing and some sitting. As for the kitchen table, it was just Lay, Jack, and Kris. Everyone else occupied the living room and bottom of the stairs. Not one conversation was the same, each as individual as each person in the room. I listened happily and realized something that I had only felt a couple times.

This is my home, all these people are my family, and this is my life with my family in my home. I need nothing more than this right here.

After the meal was done everyone went into the living room and discussed things that I couldn't even make out anymore. The random words of "music", "love", "clothes", "airplanes", "gummy bears", and "chicken" being the only ones I could understand in their rambling. I stood in the kitchen and started washing everyone's plates, my hands diligently scrubbing them clean. It was just me, the boys too engrossed in their conversation and I didn't mind. I was putting the dishes in the dish washer and it filled up quicker than I expected. I started it and hand washed the remaining couple of dishes. Once I was done washing, I began drying and putting away the dishes. Then I realized I forgot the plates and pots that the food was served out of. I groaned to myself and went over to the serving station and brought the heavy dishes back to the sink. I spent the next twenty minutes cleaning those dishes, putting them away, wiping down the stove and counter, and cleaning the kitchen table and serving table. While I was bent over wiping down the kitchen table for the last time, someone's hands wrapped around my waist and picked me up, my limbs flailing as I was slung over his shoulder. I turned and looked at who it was.

"Xiumin!" I exclaimed and flailed as he brought me to the couch.

I was flopped onto Kyungsoo and Jack's lap and I froze as they grabbed me to keep me from falling.

"You okay?" Jack asked as he chuckled.

Kyungsoo only looked at me as my head rested on his legs  and my back on Jack. I lifted my head and looked down my body to see who had my legs. Of course it was Sehun who was holding onto them as if they would save his life. I shot a slight glare at Xiumin, who sat next to Kyungsoo.

"You were cleaning, we wanted you to join the conversation, but you were too focused to hear our calls." He explained and shrugged.

I sighed and immediately felt fatigue. I grabbed Xiumin's hand and I watched him flinch away, thinking I was going to hurt him. I opened his hand and placed it on my forehead, covering my eyes. I made him understand I wanted his hand to stay there.

"I don't think she wants to listen in on the conversation!" Kris laughed.

"She'd rather sleep than listen to us ramble." Chanyeol chuckled.

"You're damn right." I grumbled and everyone laughed.

Kris translated to Jack, who also laughed. They next thing I knew they were talking about my recording session tomorrow and how they wished they could attend. The only thing about my impute on that conversation was that I was already fast asleep by the time I could even say anything.

*  *  *

The next thing I knew I was waking up in my room, the lights out and my alarm clock reading that it was 4am. I sighed and sat up, not feeling sleepy anymore. I looked around the room and saw Jack sleeping openly in his bed, which meant he had been there for a while. Kyung and Kai were curled up on my pillow and my comforter was wrapped around me perfectly. I laid back down, knowing that my first recording was today and I shouldn't be tired. I tossed and turned for what felt like ten minutes, when I looked at the clock the next thing I knew it was 5:45am. I sighed and roughly got out of bed, going to my closet and pulled out black jeggings, vans, a great wolf lodge hoodie, and a black and white snapback. I sighed and carried my outfit downstairs, going for the bathroom. I froze when I noticed that the bathroom light and shower were on, but the door was wide open, and so was the boys room. I set my clothes down on the stairs and tiptoed over to their room.

I peeked my head in and saw Kyungsoo still asleep, his lips slightly parted for his light breathes to escape. Suddenly I heard the shower turn off and  I stepped away from their door, afraid that Kai would see me peeking. I turned and saw him walking out with just a towel around his waist.

This is like deja vu...

I hid in the shadows of the stairs and watched Kai walk into his room, and disappear from sight. I hurried to my clothes and carried them into the bathroom, turning the shower back on. Before I could turn away and close the door I suddenly heard a familiar voice.

"Rachel? What are you doing up so early?" Kai whispered into the bathroom.

I slowly turned and looked at him as if I was a child caught doing something bad by their mother. Kai was now wearing pants, but a shirt was absent from his finely sculpted body.

"Oh Kai... I'm sorry, I thought you were done in here, I can go if you're not." I started to pick up my clothes when Kai began talking.

"No, I'm done, I was just surprised and came to see if you were the one that was up so early." He scratched the back of his head.

I set my clothes back onto the toilet and smiled at him, "Sorry, I couldn't sleep."

"Well I guess you would be fully rested, you did go to bed at 6pm after dinner." He shrugged and played it off as nothing.

I laughed a little, "Wow... I can't remember the last time I went to bed that early."

He smiled even brighter, "Right! I was surprised you stayed asleep, it even made me sleepy so I went to bed at 8!" He talked as though he was incredibly proud of himself.

I chuckled and walked over to him, "Well now that we're both up, if you wait like fifteen minutes I will be ready and can make you something for breakfast." I smiled.

"I would love it!" His smile grew, if that was even possible.

I nodded to him and quickly closed the door. I took a ten minute shower and then hurried to get dressed in my comfy clothes. Once I was dressed and okay looking I left the warm bathroom and placed my pajamas on the stairs to go up to my dirty bin. When I turned to go into the kitchen I froze. Kai had his headphones in and he was doing a new dance I hadn't seen before. It was very smooth, yet jerky at the same time. He turned, doing what I assumed was the chorus and stopped when he saw me watching. He quickly pulled out his headphones and smiled awkwardly.

"You saw all that huh?" He chuckled a little.

"Yeah, it was really cool! What dance is that for?" I asked, walking over to him with a smile.

"Oh, that's for our new song 'Overdose' that will be coming out next week." He smiled.

"Cool! Maybe when it comes out you can teach me the dance?" I gave him a hopeful look.

"Of course! You have to keep up your record of knowing all our dances, right?" He teased.

I laughed at that and went into the kitchen, looking at the clock on the stove. It was half past 6am, and Kyungsoo and Jack were still fast asleep. I pulled out things to make my mom's famous pancakes, making Kai look to me in suspicion. While I made the batter and everything Kai and I discussed my new album that I was starting the recording for today and we talked about the collaborations I was doing with BTS and VIXX that were already recorded and needed a redo because some of our voices sounded a little off. I was to go back and rerecord for both groups tomorrow. Kai asked about the album artwork for my first album and I shrugged, not sure what Moa had picked out. I was in the middle of cooking the first batch of pancakes when Kyungsoo suddenly walked out of their room, rubbing his eyes like a small child as he walked over.

"Good morning Kyungsoo." I smiled and flipped the pancakes.

"Morning..." He yawned and Kai pat his back.

"You okay?" Kai asked.

"Yeah, had a bad night's sleep." He yawned again.

"Would you like some coffee? I can make some for you." I offered, turning to the coffee maker and turning it on so it could heat up.

"Yes please... Can you make me the Vanilla Latte one?" He asked, setting his head on the counter, but still looking at me.

"Yep!" I smiled and slid the proper coffee mix into the slot, pouring the perfect amount of water.

I let the coffee heat and brew itself while I flipped the pancakes and put them on a plate, making another batch. I got out two plates and silverware, sticking it in front of the boys. I got out two more and set them aside, on for Jack and one for myself. I flipped the pancakes and looked between the two sitting in front of me. Kai looked more awake so I nodded to him.

"Can you go wake Jack?" I asked. Kai looked a little nervous, his English being not so great."Don't worry just say, Breakfast ready." I spoke in English and his eyes widened in surprise.

It took us a minute or two, him repeating my words and me flipping pancakes and re repeating the phrase. After he thought he had it he kept mumbling it over and over as he walked up the stairs. Once Kai was gone I started to cook another batch. Kyungsoo watched me diligently. I reached behind me and grabbed his coffee, softly placing it in front of him. He smiled to me and took a sip of the scalding liquid.

"Wait! It's too ho-" I started to warn him but I was too late.

He set it down and looked at me with tears in his eyes, "I burned my tongue." He winced.

"Are you okay Kyungsoo?" I asked, grabbing a piece of bread and handing it to him. He took the bread and ate it, calming down his tongue a little. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have given it to you, or I should've warned you..." I spoke in worry as I flipped the pancakes.

"Don't worry about it, I should've been thinking." He smiled softly at me and tried to take the blame.

"Don't try and take the blame, it's my fault." I mumbled to him.

"It is not." He sighed.

"It is though!" I placed my hands down and immediately pulled back.

I had placed my hand on the stove and that part had been extremely hot from the burner. I jumped back and felt tears sting my eyes as I had burned my hand. I grabbed my wrist, afraid of touching anything. Kyungsoo ran around the counter and flipped the pancakes for me, then came over in worry.

"Are you alright?" He asked, grabbing an ice pack from the freezer for me.

"Yeah, I'll be fine, it just surprised me is all." I winced to the sudden coldness on my hand.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and finished the last batch of pancakes for me, setting them on a plate by the others. He turned back to me and chuckled a little before dragging me by the wrist into the bathroom. He lathered my burn in an ointment and wrapped my hand in a soft white bandage wrap.

"Thanks Kyungsoo..." I mumbled, placing my warm hand by my chest, my other hand cradling it softly.

"I'm always here if you're hurt." He smiled and left the bathroom, leaving me alone.

I sighed and looked at my hand, seeing the bandage wrapped so gently. I could still feel his soft and comforting touch on my hand and it sent shivers through me. A part of me wanted to get hurt more often so I could feel his comforting hands again, but there was no use in hurting myself just for that. Kyungsoo wasn't one to shy away from physical contact, so if I really wanted to hold him I could just hug him. I kept telling myself this but deep inside I felt like doing this would just hurt my love struck heart even more. Pretending like I had something I couldn't have. I took in a shaky breath and walked into the kitchen, seeing the three boys starting to eat. I approached the food and took some for myself, eating it silently as I listened to their conversation. Kai was attempting to communicate to Jack and Kyungsoo just imputed some things, explaining what Kai was trying to say, or just telling Jack when Kai was lying about something. I smiled a little and continued eating until the doorbell rang. I left my plate and hurried over to the door. I opened it and found a smiling Moa.

"Ready for your first big day?" She smiled.

"Yep! Jack's inside, we just ate some breakfast, would you like some? I made pancakes." I smiled and opened the door wider.

Moa's eyes fluttered to my hand and she froze for a second, "Did you hurt yourself?"

I looked to my outstretched bandaged hand, "Oh... I burned my palm on the stove a couple minutes ago, don't worry, Kyungsoo took care of it." I smiled lightly, remembering my earlier thoughts.

"As long as you're okay..." She sighed softly.

"I'm good! Now would you like some pancakes?" I asked.

"No thank you, I already ate this morning." She declined and followed me inside.

"Oh alright." I walked into the kitchen and quickly finished my plate as Moa introduced herself to Jack.

He was beyond grateful that she knew English. I started cleaning everything up when Moa came over to me.

"We are really pressed for time, can you save the dishes for later?" She pleaded a little as Jack ran upstairs to change.

"Is something wrong?" Kyungsoo and Kai walked over, placing their dishes in the sink for me to clean.

"We need to be at the recording studio downstairs at eight." Moa pointed a slim finger toward the clock on the stove to show that it was 7:50.

I swore under my breath and ran upstairs, walking into my room for my phone the same time Jack was walking out. Jack gave me a strange look before walking past me, bumping into me harshly.

"WHAT?! I CAN'T WALK INTO MY OWN ROOM?! GOD!" I screamed at him as he walked away.

I hurried inside and grabbed my blinking phone. I hurried downstairs and received weird looks from everyone but Jack, who was putting his shoes on. I rolled my eyes and walked past them, slipping my shoes on and glaring at Jack, who was taking his time. I walked out the door and had a nervous Moa and a smirking Jack following after me.

"Have fun!" Kai and Kyungsoo yelled down the hall after me.

I waved a hand in the air to signal I had heard their parting words. Moa caught up and signaled for Jack to hurry and walk alongside us. We made it to the recording room and immediately greeted the staff that was all prepared for my first recording. I bowed to everyone and went up to the director of my album.

"Thank you sir." I bowed to him.

He bowed back in surprise, "Thank you for putting so much effort in for this!"

I straightened and smiled at him, he returned a warm smile and Moa approached, telling him what song we should do first. He nodded, agreeing that doing the slower songs first would suit me better. They didn't want me to get excited while singing the upbeat ones and then try and calm down to sing the softer ones. I remembered the same tactics being used when I was in choir.

Jack introduced himself and Moa explained that he couldn't speak Korean, everyone nodded and continued to work like he wasn't there.

Rude...

I was instructed to go into the recording area. It was a red padded room, just like the ones in the movies! In the center was a microphone, headset, and a stand with all my songs set up perfectly. I put the headset on and left one ear open so I could listen to myself and make sure I was singing on key and not like a deaf moose. I pulled out the song they wanted me to sing first and I spoke into the mic.

"Ready?" I asked and jumped back a little upon hearing my voice echo in the headset.

"Yep, we're ready." The editors nodded as the director spoke into the mic.

Suddenly the song started playing and I nodded along with the beat, waiting for my line to come in. Once I started singing they didn't stop me once. I felt proud that when I finished the song that they all clapped. It was their first time hearing my singing and I guess it impressed them. I bowed to them and accidentally hit my head on the stand. I stabilized it, making sure it didn't fall over. I could hear all of them laughing as I bowed quickly to apologize.

"Don't worry about it, let's do the next song." The producer chuckled into my headset.

I nodded and straightened, going to the next song.

"Wait... Was that last recording okay? I mean I don't know if it sounded right..." I asked before they could cue the music.

They all nodded, "We will be going over all the recordings in the next two days, if something isn't right, we'll call you back, but it sounded perfect to us."

I bowed my head and pulled out the lyrics, bringing them close so I could read them. They cued the music and I sang along, keeping to the beat and making sure everything sounded perfect. Once I was done they nodded, going to the next song. I had five songs on my first album and we went through all five before they said I could go. By the time I left I looked at the time to see that it was almost noon. We were in there for several hours I didn't even feel it. I pulled out my phone and texted Kyungsoo.

"On our way back, recording went well, see you soon." I texted him and slid my phone into my pocket.

Jack suddenly approached me while we waited for the elevator. I looked over at him oddly because he was standing awkwardly close to me. I leaned my head away a little and stared at him.

"Why didn't you tell me you could sing like that?" He asked, nudging my shoulder lightly with his hand.

"Because you made fun of my singing when we were kids." I told him flat out.

He froze and looked down, scratching the back of his head, "Did I? I'm sorry, I was probably just being an ."

I looked back forward, not really recognizing his apology. I hadn't seen him in a while, but I had the feeling it was the same. He would apologize for something and then would do something to anger me not even a day later. I rolled my eyes as he continued to tap my shoulder.

"Hey, I'm sorry okay? I know I screw up... a lot, but come on, let's have fun while we can." He smiled and pulled on my shoulder, making me face him.

"Alright, just try not to piss me off." I pointed at him and walked into the just now opening elevator.

My phone suddenly started ringing, I answered, giving Jack a stern look.

"Hello?"

"Rachel!" It was Lay.

Why is Lay always calling me?

I didn't have any complaints that Lay was calling me, it shocked me a little because he was normally quiet, but I guess this is his way of reaching out.

"Lay! What's up?" I smiled brightly and I saw Jack make a sour face out of the corner of my eye.

Moa chuckled and beckoned Jack over to her side of the elevator. I could hear her translating for him, telling him what I was saying.

"What's your favorite flavor of boba?" He asked in a hurry.

I tilted my head to the side, "Boba? Ummmm... Honeydew. Why?" Before Lay could answer he hung up. "Lay? YAH!" I yelled into the phone.

I sighed and slid my phone into my pocket. I had been in a sour mood since I walked past Jack this morning, it's as if something inside of me triggered. I shook my head, trying to stay positive and calm down. Jack and Moa were smirking slightly on their side of the elevator. I sighed and rushed out of the elevator as soon as it opened.

"She's become like this ever since the boys live with her, always in a rush to get home." Moa chuckled behind me.

I tried my best to ignore her ramblings as I pulled out my keys, making sure I had the right one. I slid it into the lock and before I could turn the door opened. I looked up and saw Sehun.

"Sehun-ah..." I mumbled in surprise.

He stared at my face for a moment then his eyes darkened, "What happened?"

"Huh?" I gave him a strange look.

"What happened?" He asked again, his voice firmer.

"Nothing... Everything went well." I gave him an odd look.

"Did he say something to you?" Sehun's eyes darted toward Jack as he was walking down the hallway.

"No, he didn't say anything." I mumbled.

"He did didn't he... What did he say?" Sehun grabbed my shoulders and shook me a little.

"Nothing Sehun." I gave him a stern look.

Maybe I didn't sleep well, I'm not feeling up to anything today.

Sehun sighed, knowing he wasn't going to win the argument and he pulled me in for a hug, "I'm always here, remember that."

"I know Sehunnie, I know." I sighed.

Jack came up to us and cleared his throat.

"Deal with it." I growled as I hugged Sehun tighter.

Sehun chuckled against me. We finally pulled away and I glanced at Jack to see him waiting awkwardly. I walked into the apartment, taking my shoes off and going straight to my room.

I don't want to be a jerk to them or Jack.

I locked the door so Jack couldn't come in. I pulled back the covers back on my bed and flung myself under them, curling up so all that I could see was my pillow higher up on my bed. I laid there and before I knew it tears were leaving my eyes.

I'm just tired, I can tell.

I closed my eyes and let my tears flow, letting them all out. I had been laying there for a half hour before someone dared to knock on the door. I moaned out in response and heard someone whisper.

"Rachel... It's Lay!" He whispered like he wasn't supposed to be there.

I sniffled up everything and I grabbed a tissue dabbing up my eyes and I wrapped the blanket around my face even more as I went over to the door. I unlocked it and opened it. I couldn't really see him because of the blanket, but once he came in I closed and locked the door again. I saw him stand by the door as I dragged my sorry self back to my bed, curling up into a ball in the comforter. I heard Lay sigh, setting something down and then I felt someone pulling on the blanket.

"No..." I moaned out and tightened my grip on it.

"I won't pull it off, just let me in." He mumbled.

At first I was reluctant, but after a moment I released the blanket a little and used my legs to create an opening. Lay saw what I did and lifted up the blanket enough to squeeze his body in. His slithered up to the point where his face was in direct view of mine. Our noses were touching and neither of us pulled away. I was too tired to and he was in too much shock to pull away. Just seeing his kind face made me feel sad all over again.

"What's wrong princess?" Lay looked at me sadly and lifted a hand, wiping a tear away.

I grabbed his hand and snuggled my crying face in its softness, "You know I care about you guys right?" I cried into his hand.

Lay's face softened even more, "We know, you know we care about you right?"

Lay scooted closer and pulled me into a hug. I burrowed my face into his neck and coughed with my tears. Lay tightened his grip on me and pet my head softly.

"I'm sorry for anything I say! I'm sorry for being mean and I'm sorry for worrying anyone!" My apologies were muffled as Lay cooed at me.

"It's only natural for people to feel angry sometimes, and when that feeling comes we sometimes say mean things or things we don't mean." He whispered as his lips were pressed to my forehead, "You wanna know what calms me down or keeps me from feeling like this?" Lay asked, tilting his head so he could try and see my face.

I sniffled and looked up at him, waiting for his answer. Upon meeting my eyes with his chocolate brown ones I felt completely at ease, like I didn't need to cry anymore.

"I play my guitar." He smiled and I pouted.

"I don't know how to play the guitar." I pouted and buried my face into his chest.

"I can teach you." He smiled.

I looked up in surprise, "Really?" He nodded and I smiled brightly, "Thank you Lay! You're the best!!!" I hugged him tightly.

He laughed, "You wanna know what else makes me feel better?"

"Sure!" I smiled, feeling great in his presence.

Lay just knew how to make me smile or keep me from feeling down. I hope that I can make him feel as comfortable as he makes me.

"Well hugs, but I also like some honeydew boba." He smirked.

"You didn't!" I smiled and sat up, the blanket covering my face.

"Anything for the princess!" He laughed and crawled out first, grabbing a plastic cup off my desk.

He handed it to me and I smiled even brighter.

"How can you be so awesome?! Like how did God fit all that amazingness in one guy!" Laughed and hugged him again.

I looked at the drink and my stomach growled, craving it's delicious flavor. In the bottom of the perfect green drink were rainbow orbs. Lay had even bought me the rainbow boba. He was so sweet to me.

The two of us stayed up in my room and laughed and chatted for a while, about two hours. Suddenly my door was knocked on. Lay and I were sitting on my bed facing each other, our legs entangled in one another's. I untangled myself and ran over to the door, opening it a creek. On the other side of the door  stood Kris.

I was slightly surprised since Kris didn't seem to take a liking in talking with me. Then again he might just be here for Lay. I opened the door wider and Lay smiled and waved to Kris.

"What brings you up here?" Lay asked as I sat on his lap, leaning into him.

Kris just stared at our embrace for a moment before clearing his throat, "We want to take Rachel out for dinner because it's her first recording."

"Alright." I nodded and sat up.

Kris was a little awkward, not knowing what to do. I chuckled and got off the bed away from Lay. I stepped in front of Kris and smiled. He sure was tall, this was my first time standing in front of him so closely.

"Let's go hyung." I smiled and placed a hand on his shoulder, leading him out the door and signaling for Lay to follow.

Kris and I weren't that close, well... not close enough for any skinship like the other guys. Before we were about to go down the stairs Kris turned to Lay and said something to him in Chinese, leaving me out of the conversation. I stopped and waited for him to finish. Kris left Lay and I and Lay pulled on me, taking me back to my room.

"What? What did he say?" I asked as I was dragged back.

"He didn't want to be rude so he told me, we should probably change you into nicer clothes and maybe clean up your make up." Lay smiled, walking over to my closet.

"Oh..." I nodded, knowing that if Kris was the one to say it I would probably get offended because of his normal scruff tone.

After what took us about 15 minutes I was finally dressed in something better for going out. Lay had helped me fix my eyeliner and we were finally heading downstairs, holding hands.