Chapter 6

An Idol's Dream

The next three weeks were spent learning Korean, writing a biography for the SM website, learning how to dance, and redoing my entire wardrobe. When I was younger I had taught myself the Korean language, so right now it was easy pickup of the things I had somewhat forgotten. At some points I was even taught how to act and what to say in certain situations. I now knew how to dance, somewhat, and I could now hold a long conversation in Korean. I was to head home in 2 weeks and I had today and the next day off.

Shopping time!

The boys were coming home for a bit on Friday, the day I was leaving for home. I headed out to go shopping and some fangirls waiting for a band were outside the building entrance. I stood there awkwardly for a moment and looked around, seeing if any of the security guards would help me get out like they normally did. No one was around except a hooded figure walking down the hallway toward me. I looked at them a moment and noticed it was a heavy disguise, one suited for a lot of unwanted exposure. For me the only thing that I got exposed for was that I was the new face of the SM trainee's. I looked away from the hooded figure and looked back at the girls. They were taking pictures of me and I turned to look at the figure again. It was obvious it was a guy and I watched him slowly near me and have his back facing the girls, his shoulder brushing the top of mine. I looked behind me and saw a painting on the wall that I was standing in front of.

"Oh... sorry." I bowed and moved to the right, getting out of the way of the picture.

He moved with me and stuck to my shoulder. I stared at him oddly and moved away again, watching him follow. I continued to move several more steps and he followed. I moved forward and backward and he kept sticking to me. I turned to him and he turned to me. I bent down to look in his eyes and he bent down as well, making it impossible. I growled a little; he chuckled.

"Excuse me? Who are you?" I asked as I tried to see his face.

He stopped moving and lifted his hood slightly, revealing his eyes. I stared at them intently and didn't recognize him. I nodded and bowed, then turned to walk away.

"Wait!" He yelled after me.

The voice sounded like something I heard in a video. I stopped walking and turned to him.

"Yes?" I asked with a smile.

"Were you going out shopping?" He nodded toward the doors.

"I would like to, but all the girls are in the way..." I looked down sadly.

"I can help get you out." He laughed.

"Really?" I leaned forward in surprise.

"You got it!" He laughed and gave me an extended thumbs up.

He lifted his disguise over his nose again and grabbed my shoulders, heading toward the door.

"What are we-" I began.

"Pretend to cover your face." He whispered to me and I did so as he ushered me outside.

He used a deep and angry voice to get everyone to back off, pretending he was my bodyguard. The girls took many pictures of me and screamed at me as I hurried down the street with this other person. He took me into a store and pretended to show me a hat as he took off his hood and scarf. I gasped a little. It was Jonghyun from SHINee and he was out of breath. He looked down at me and smiled.

"Hello." He waved.

"Hi..." I waved back exasperatedly.

"Don't tell anyone!" He put his hand over my mouth to be quiet.

I was shocked by the action that I grabbed his arm but didn't pull him away. He looked down at my hands and smirked. I slowly brought them back to my sides and waited for him to take his hand away. He didn't remove his hand and the first thing I thought of was to his hand.

That would gross him out, but it would get him to let go.

I began to open my mouth and he pulled his hand away.

"That was close!" He held his hand to his chest as he looked at me in disbelief.

"It worked though." I sighed and rubbed my mouth.

He scowled and then grabbed a hat, "How does this look?"

I put a hand to my chin and examined him, "Good."

He slumped, "Just good? No, great or prefect? I only get a good?"

"Yes." I nodded and grabbed a hat I thought would look better on him.

I handed it to him and he turned away to ignore me. I sighed and pulled the hat off his head and put the one I had been holding on. I grabbed his shoulders and made him face me, then judged him. The hat was a small blue and white beanie that looked similar to one I owned.

It looked perfect in his blonde hair. I smiled and gave him two thumbs up. He looked at me with wide eyes.

"Now this one looks perfectly amazing." I smiled to him.

"Really?!" He went to a small mirror and examined himself, "Hm, I look good."

"Told you." I nodded and waved, "Well thank you for helping me, I guess I'll be on my way now." I bowed and left the store, pulling out my list.

The first person was Luhan, I had chosen to get him a furry hat and a pair of socks. After that was Kai and his 'anything Michael Jackson' problem. I looked at the sky in determination.

I WILL find his gift!

I looked at the rest of the list and decided that the Michael Jackson object could wait. Everyone else was getting something pretty simple. I had 2 days to wrap and bag all of their presents, so I would buy wrapping paper and bows last. I looked over the list and went through everything.

Luhan ~ Furry hat & socks

Kai ~ anything Michael Jackson

Kyungsoo ~ photo album & American cookbook

Sehun ~ Boba Tea & a gift card for coffee shop

Chen ~ socks & a pound of pork

Suho ~ A box of tissues & a gift card to a clothing shop

Kris ~ Basketball shorts & a leather jacket

Lay ~ A unicorn stuffed animal & comfy pants

Xiumin ~ A stuffed dog & nice wallet

Tao ~ Black and white hat & skull necklace

Chanyeol ~ any two hats

Baekhyun ~ Eyeliner & a scarf

Jungkook ~ A white and black scarf & gift card to shop where we first met

I sighed and looked around, I found a scarf and hat shop and entered, knowing I wouldn't leave without several bags. I spent the next 20 minutes buying their items. I went on to the clothing store where I first met BTS and got a gift card, along with a skull necklace, a nice wallet, a leather jacket, and the pants and socks I had written down. My arms were hurting from all the heavy bags, so I took a break on a bench and looked over my list. I had about eight more items to hit. It made me growl and wish I was in Michigan with my car that could carry all my things.

I thought on it, "It would be nice if I had a guy to carry my things." I nodded in approval to my idea.

I looked around and saw no one.

Plan failed.

I stood up, feeling fully rested, I turned to grab my bags and crossed my arms. There stood Jonghyun, all my bags in his hands.

"Geez, you shouldn't be carrying things this heavy." He looked to me worried.

"It might be hard, but I can do it." I tried to sound determined.

"Come on, where to next?" He asked as he refused to hand over my bags.

"To a coffee shop, but you have to let me at least carry half!" I argued.

"Fine." He offered his right hand forward with all the light bags.

I growled and took them, heading toward a Boba and coffee shop. I entered and bought a gift card and two storage Boba Tea's. I carried the small bag and growled at Jonghyun when he tried to help me carry it. He smiled and my heart flipped a little.

It was only a little flip!

The cold winter air was giving me chills, even though I was wearing a jacket.

"You cold?" He asked as we walked.

"No." I mumbled and hurried to a book store that also had stuffed animals.

I entered and bought Kyungsoo's items and then bought everything, but the Michael Jackson item and the meat I was saving for tomorrow. I sighed and looked around the store, seeing if they had anything related to Michael Jackson.

"You need help?" Jonghyun asked me.

"I don't know..." I mumbled in confusion.

He grabbed my shoulder and made me face him, "Let me help you, what are you looking for?"

I looked up to him and sighed, "Something Michael Jackson."

"You're shopping for Kai, aren't you?" He smirked and started walking to a reserved part of the store.

"Y-Yeah... are we allowed back here?" I asked nervously as he searched through a box and pulled out a large white box, handing it to me.

"I am, they don't know you though." He smiled and exited the small space.

I looked down at the box he gave me and smiled happily. It was a set of Michael Jackson bobble heads. It went through his generations and outfits.

"This is perfect!" I looked up to him happily and suppressed my urge to give him a hug, "Thank you!"

"No problem." He smiled to me and patted my shoulder.

I checked out and headed into a Christmas wrapping shop.

"Hmmm... what to get?" I mumbled to myself.

"If you need wrapping paper, bows, name tags, and tape I have some at my room." He offered to me.

I looked up to him, "Really?"

"Yeah, but you might want to buy another roll of paper, I only have 3 and I don't know if you want all of these the same." He chuckled.

"Right..." I grabbed a roll with mistletoes on it and one with bells on it, purchasing them and carrying them out.

We headed back and while trying to balance the rolls someone ran into me, knocking me over. I landed on my , protecting everything in my arms.

"Whoa! Are you alright?!" Jonghyun knelt down and helped me up.

"It hurt a little..." I winced as I brushed off my .

I turned and saw the person still running down the sidewalk.

"Who was that?" Jonghyun asked as he held my shoulders, walking me toward the building.

"I don't know..." I shook my head.

All the fangirls were gone so we comfortably walked into the building and began our long walk upstairs. We made it to my room and I turned to him.

"Would you rather do it here in my room or go to yours?" I asked, unlocking my door.

His eyes widened, "We can do it here, let me put your things down and then go grab my things." He nodded and hurried to put my bags down on the floor inside.

"Thanks." I smiled and watched him hurry out.

He's really nice...

I took everything out of the bags and checked my list, putting things in their own separate areas. I took out a sticky pad and pen, making nametags and sticking them to items. When I was done I got out the only scissors and tape I had. As soon as I set them down on the table my doorbell rang. I ran to the door and opened it. On the other side was Jonghyun, Key, Minho, Teamin, and Onew from SHINee.

"I thought you could use some help." Jonghyun smiled, his hands full of wrapping paper.

"Thank you all so much!" I smiled gratefully and opened the door, waiting for everyone to come in.

They all entered and greeted me. After taking their shoes off we went to the piles and stood there a moment, looking at all of them.

"This is a lot..." Onew sighed.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"Well let's not waste time!" Key clapped and helped Jonghyun set the rolls on the spacious floor.

I gave each person a roll and a set of gifts. Every time someone finished a present they would yell for me and I would put a bow and name tag on it. Within 2 hours all the presents were wrapped and Junghyun and Minho had bows stuck to their heads on "accident". We all sat or laid down in an exhausted state. I looked at the time and saw that it was 7pm.

I should make them something to eat for helping me...

I had gone grocery shopping yesterday after my classes so I had plenty of food in my fridge. I stood and ran to the kitchen, checking my fridge. I had chicken and beans and potatoes that could go with my rice. I looked back and saw the boys all staring at me from the floor.

"Stay there for 15 minutes!" I held out my hands to show the motion of 'stay' and hurried to start the meal.

The meal was ready in 10 minutes and I quickly set the table. I looked at the guys and almost let out an audible "awww". They were all sleeping and I had to admit that they were on the top of the hot list. I went up to Jonghyun and knelt by his head. I reached down and poked his cheek.

"Jonghyun?" I asked.

His eyes twitched, but he didn't wake. I went over to Key and poked his neck, patting his chest at the same time.

"Key!"

He rolled onto his side. I growled a little and attempted to wake everyone else, only getting the same result. I stood and sighed, walking over to my meal and beginning to eat. At the same time I had started to hum "Hello" from SHINee out of boredom. I finished my meal quickly and looked down at them.

Fine, I'm going to stick your meals in the oven to stay warm and I'm getting ready for bed.

I went into my bathroom and took a shower, getting into my pajamas and yawning as I washed my face. I left the bathroom and went back into the kitchen and saw them still in the same positions.

"SHINee?" I asked loudly and none of them reacted.

I don't think they'll wake...

I took their meals from the oven and placed them in the fridge to stay fresh. I rushed to Kyungsoo and Kai's room, opening their door slowly.

"Excuse me!" I whispered before rushing in and grabbing extra pillows and blankets out of their closet.

I hurried out and closed the door quietly. I shuffled my feet across the floor and placed the pillows on the floor. I went to each member and slowly lifted their head, sliding the pillow under them. I did Jonghyun last and I stopped after putting his head down. His hair was soft, softer than I thought it would be. I touched his hair for a moment, petting him. I pulled back and cradled my hand to my shoulder.

What am I doing?!

I stood and grabbed the several blankets, placing them over each member. I looked over all of them and nodded happily. Then I stopped and glared at the floor for a moment.

"Is this even warm?" I knelt down and laid my head against the floor.

The moment my cheek touched the floor I pulled away. The floor was freezing, like an ice cube made out of wood. I hurried to grab my comforter from upstairs and lay its immense size over the five men. with all of them under the warm blanket I froze.

I guess I'm sleeping on the couch tonight...

I sighed and made myself some coffee, trying to stay awake as long as possible. I turned off all the lights except the one above the kitchen table. I sat down and drank my coffee as I watch the band sleep. I started to yawn every 5 minutes and realized that my eyes wouldn't stay open. I growled and stood, taking my cup to the sink, rinsing it out and setting it in the dish washer. I felt my knees weaken and, like a whiny child, I got on all fours and crawled over to the couch. My arms wouldn't lift me onto the soft furniture and my body too tired. I shivered and curled into a ball, hoping that would heat me up. My thoughts were wrong and a slow chill crept up my legs and arms. I hissed and crawled over next to Jonghyun.

I don't care if I don't know him too well, I'm cold!

I pulled the blanket a little and watched it give another body length to my side without uncovering anyone. I smiled in gratefulness and placed my arms and legs under the edge of the blanket. Nothing felt warmer in that moment then the feeling of the blanket. I opened my eyes one more time and saw Jonghyun stirring, his eyes starting to open.

"Jonghyun..." I mumbled and then felt my body pass out.

*    *    *

I felt as though I was being cradled in warmth. The blanket was only on my arms and legs and I felt as though I was completely under it and against a wall.

Against a warm breathing wall...

I stopped at that thought and felt my bodies rigor mortise from laying on the floor. I had been laying on the floor for several hours, even for a whole night and I was against something and under my blanket. What am I laying next to? I suddenly remembered the band that was laying on the floor by me the night before. I opened my eyes to a grey fabric and a dark brown glow. I moved my head and looked up, my white comforter over my head, blocking the morning light. The fabric I was against slowly moved, a slow beat of breathing. What seemed to be two arms were wrapped around my back and holding me tightly against the breathing figure. My hands were placed against the figures torso and a visible muscle full forearm was wrapped by my ear.

Who am I laying against?!

My mind went into a slight panic and I poked the torso, hoping the strong arms would release me. I pushed my hands against this person and felt my fingers mold into several grooves of muscle on their stomach.

Whoa...

I stopped pushing and softly felt the stomach. I could definitely tell that there was a 6 pack hidden under this shirt. The person holding me moved and tightened around me, pulling me closer. I felt like I was being lifted up higher on the person. I looked up and visibly saw Jonghyun's sleeping face, his lips right against my forehead. His breath made my forehead warm and I awkwardly sat there a moment.

"No more presents..." He mumbled against me.

"I won't make you do anymore if you just let go!" I whispered.

"I want to sleep in more..." He growled and tightened around me even more.

He's so warm and comfy...

I poked his forearm repeatedly and watched his muscle flex. I giggled a little and kept poking him. I sighed and realized that I REALLY needed to get out from under his grasp. Especially before anyone else woke up. I looked up and poked his lips, their soft plumpness molding to my finger. I attempted to blow upward on his neck and ended up blowing on his collar bone. It made him shiver and release me slightly. I smirked and kept blowing, feeling his arms letting me go and curling into himself. I took that opportunity to slide out from under the blanket and crawl to safety. All the other guys were still passed out. I took a minute to calm my racing heart and to prepare myself to act like nothing had even happened. I sighed and made some eggs with bacon and toast. I set the table up for the group and I went to Key first.

"Key, wake up." I shook his shoulders.

He moaned and sat up.

"My back hurts..." He whined a little.

He opened his eyes and saw me.

"Good morning." I waved.

"What are you doing here?" He rubbed his eyes.

"Ummm hyung, you're in my apartment." I stood and went over to his spot at the table. He slowly stood and went over to me, sitting in the chair I was offering.

"I don't remember falling asleep here..." He yawned.

"Do you want some coffee?" I asked.

"No thanks." He began eating the eggs at his spot.

I went over to Onew and Teamin, waking them next. They both woke the same as Key and took a seat at the table, beginning their breakfast. I woke Minho and helped his limp figure to the table. I glared at Jonghyun and put my foot on his shoulder, pushing on it so his face fell into the ground.

"Wake up Jonghyun hyung." I growled.

He sat up and looked at me groggily.

"Come eat Jonghyun." Key, who was now awake beckoned to the table.

He wobbly got to his feet and went to the table, yawning.

"This is really good." Minho smiled and gave me a tired thumbs up.

"Thanks, my own creation." I smiled and finished my plate at the counter.

Once they were all done eating they went to the door and slipped their shoes on.

"You have to go anywhere today?"Jonghyun asked as they all stood by my door.

"I have to go out and buy meat, but otherwise no, why?" I asked.

"No reason, we were told to ask that if we saw you." Minho winked at me and opened the door, helping everyone out.

"Do you want help carrying your meat?" Jonghyun offered.

"No thanks..." I mumbled.

I feel so flustered around him now.

"Oh... alright, then I'll see you around!" He smiled.

The group did a musically unison "Bye~!" before walking away.

I closed my door and sighed. I turned and stared at the dirty plates on the table and the mess the blankets made. I spent the next 10 minutes doing the dishes and putting away the blankets and pillows. I went upstairs and got dressed, doing some nice and actually girly make-up. I grabbed my phone and texted Jungkook as I brushed my teeth.

"What are you up to today?" When I spit out the mouthful of mint I got a response.

"Free day, why? Want meet? ^.^" He sent back.

I laughed and wiped off my mouth.

"Yeah, I want to give you your present and just chill while I buy something, you up for it?" I sent back as I grabbed my wallet and keys.

"Let's do it!"

 

(I'm imagining V helping him get ready lol)

We met up at the shop I had first met him at. He immediately gave me a hug and smiled brightly, a small box in his hand. He noticed me looking at it. He smiled sweetly and grabbed my hand from my side. He opened my palm and softly placed the present in it. I smiled and calmly handed him his bag. He smiled happily and looked at me for a moment.

"Go ahead and open it." I smiled and pointed to the bag.

"Ladies first." He nodded.

I laughed and slowly pulled the ribbon off the present, making it just wrapping left over. I carefully peeled it open and opened the cardboard box within. Inside the box was a small jewelry box. I looked up at him to see him looking at it intently. I slowly opened the box and inside was a beautiful necklace that said "Forever Mine" in what seemed to be diamonds or a stone close to them. I gasped a little and softly touched it.

(Imagine diamonds around it making it glitter)

It glittered in the morning sun and it took all my breath away. I closed the box and gave Jungkook a big hug.

"It's beautiful! Thank you!" I hugged him happily.

He hugged me back, "I was worried you wouldn't like it..."

I opened the box again and stared at the necklace, "I love it."

He took a step forward and our foreheads touched as he slowly pulled the necklace out of the box. He spun his finger in front of me, indicating for me to turn around. I turned and he slowly lifted the necklace over my head and up my neck. Fastening it before turning me back around. I looked down and smiled.

"You're turn!" I smiled and urged for him to open his present.

He smiled and reach his hand into the box, trying not to make a mess of the tissue paper. He pulled out the scarf and laughed.

"Thanks! I really needed this." He laughed and I took it from him and unclipped the tag from it.

I turned to him and wrapped it around his neck. The air was brisk, my breath coming out in visible white puffs. He smiled and looked into the box, pulling out the small card. He looked it over and began laughing.

"Memories worth." I laughed and stuck my cold hands in my pockets.

"Thanks Fawnie. You're the best!" He laughed and patted my head.

I giggled and looked to the meat shop down the street.

"Do you want to go buy meat with me?"

He looked at me with surprise, "Sure," We began walking to the small shop, "Who's this for?" He asked.

"A friend that I'm going to see tomorrow before heading home." I explained as we neared the store.

"Going home?" He stopped walking and I turned to look at him.

"Yeah, it's my Christmas break, I'm going back to see my family in Michigan. I'll be back though." I smiled and reassured him.

He nodded and began walking again. I looked at him oddly and followed him into the store.

"Welcome!" The store owner smiled.

"Hi." I waved.

"Oh, you're from SM aren't you?" He asked as he came around the counter.

"Barely but yes." I smiled.

"Well good luck!" He bowed to me.

"Thank you!" I bowed back.

"Is there anything I can help you with?" He asked as he stepped aside for me to see the selection.

"Can I get 3 pounds of Pork?" I asked hopefully.

The store owner laughed, "Just a sec."

He hurried around the corner and through a door. I awkwardly turned around and looked at Jungkook who smiled and stood in the corner of the store. I felt childish and I looked outside, patting my sides like a penguin. I pursed my lips and let out my air in a whistle. I looked over at Jungkook to see him chuckling to himself. I spun around and waited a moment before spinning back around and doing a small dance move from his solo in "We Are Bulletproof". He began laughing quietly. I spun back around and got my face ready to do "Gwiyomi." I spun and looked at him cutely and did the gwiyomi song, my hands working quickly in the air. He smiled and rolled his eyes.

"Your meat ma'am." The store owner came through the door and handed me the food.

"How much?" I asked, pulling out my wallet.

"26,000 Won." He smiled.

I handed him the money and left the store happily. Jungkook awkwardly walked next to me. The tense air around him stayed between us as we walked all the way back to the meet up point, silently.

"You okay?" I asked as he touched his scarf.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He smiled and patted my shoulder.

"Alright...." I mumbled and stopped walking, turning to face him, "I have to go now, text me while I'm home, alright?" I smiled.

"Okay." He smiled and patted my head.

We both smiled to each other one more time before going our separate ways.

Something is bothering him...

I thought on it for a long time as I walked back to the building. Fangirls were outside and when they saw me they started yelling. I got up to the door and was about to enter in the code to let me in when I heard someone yell, "Is that a boy or girl?"

I turned and looked in the crowd. Everyone went silent to my hard stare, I chuckled and opened the door, heading inside. I looked around the lobby to see if anyone else was there. There was not a single person in sight and I let out a sigh in relief. I felt sad and somewhat angry, and I didn't want to keep it in. I wanted to be in my special place and relax. I hurried up the stairs, almost running into someone from another band.

"Sorry!" I bowed quickly before continuing my fast pace up the stairs.

I ran into my room and put my things down. I put the meat in the fridge and headed up to my room, grabbing my headphones. I went down the stairs and took my phone and keys as I left the room. I felt my body becoming heavy and I felt my mind shutting down. I started zoning out as I walked and I felt my sadness creeping up. I began to jog down the hall to the garden. I went inside and felt a breath of relief escape me. The moment I stepped in and heard the soft sound of the waterfalls my mind became at ease. When I saw the growing bamboo tree's I felt at peace. I smiled and walked over to the bench I sat at occasionally.

"I'm back..." I smiled and touched the tree next to me.

I brought my feet up onto the bench and placed my chin on my knees. I stared at the trees and felt my eyes drooping. My back still hurt from the bad sleep of the night before. I thought back on Jonghyun and felt my stomach flip.

"Idiot." I growled and buried my face in my knees.

I yawed and snuggled into myself more. I felt myself slowly falling asleep sitting up.

I wonder what EXO will think of their presents tomorrow...

*   *   *

I my dry lips and stretched, finally feeling refreshed. I squeezed my eyes tight and yawned. I felt something wrapped around me and my once sitting position now in a laying down one. I heard quiet murmurs and quiet whispers. I slowly opened my eyes and saw the ceiling of my apartment. I turned my head to the left and saw the other chairs in the living room. I looked down and saw that I was laying on the couch wrapped in my white comforter. I slowly slid onto my elbows and peeked over the couch. I didn't see anyone, but I could hear them. All the presents were still in their spots, their bright colors out of place in the white and grey apartment. I saw my phone resting on the coffee table, it's small light blinking. I checked the time and saw that it was 5pm. I looked at the blinking light and checked my messages. Montana had texted me about meeting me at the airport for my secret visit back home. I smiled and set my phone back down loudly.

"What was that?" I heard someone whisper.

That voice...

I curled back onto the couch as if I hadn't woken. I listened to the soft padding of feet near the couch and felt someone's presence right by my head. I peeked an eye open and saw Sehun looking around the living room. I smiled to myself and moved a little on the couch, turning to face the back.

"Do you think she'll wake soon? I wanted it to be a surprise." I heard Tao whine.

"Oh she'll be surprised, and maybe happy I think?" Sehun mumbled.

"Oh... I think she's waking up!" Luhan whispered loudly and ran.

After I heard his feet rushing away I heard a stampede footsteps come running into the living room. Laughter and chuckles were heard.

They're having fun... Might as well act like I'm just waking up.

I yawned and stretched my arms over the edge of the couch and slowly sat up. I rubbed my sleepy eyes and yawned again. I my lips and groggily looked down at the comforter.

"When did I get here?" I mumbled.

I closed my eyes and rolled my head around, stretching some more. I heard someone chuckle and I froze in the middle of stretching my arms forward. I opened my eyes as if shocked and looked to the left to see all of EXO and SHINee sitting in the living room, watching me with smiles.

"Aigoo!" Jonghyun laughed.

I felt my face get red and I felt tears sting my eyes as I saw all of them. They were back early, and my heart felt as though it was clenching. I gathered the comforter in my arms and buried my head in it. I attempted to hide my tears from them, trying to keep them quiet. I heard the ruffling of feet and felt someone's presence next to me.

"We're back Rachel." I heard Lay whisper to me.

To his soft words my built up sadness began to come out. I felt his hand softly pat my back. I buried my head even more and cried in coughing breaths.

"Is she okay?" I heard Teamin ask.

"I think she's either happy or sad we're back..." Kai chuckled.

"Happy...." I cried to them, "More... than happy....!"

I heard them do a sigh of relief before someone placed a hand on my head.

"You're okay, we're here now. So let's see that pretty face?" I could tell the voice was Xiumin's.

My tears began to slow and I laughed a little, "I don't think you want to see this right now..."

I heard several chuckles.

"Then how about you go get ready in something nice, we're taking you out for dinner." Luhan spoke softly as someone patted my leg.

"Really?" I began to lift my head out of the blanket, before burring it back to hide my obviously messed up make-up.

"Yeah, but we won't go like this..." I heard Xiumin sigh and get closer, "Let me help you." I felt hands sweep under my legs and back, lifting me up.

I let out a slight shout and gasp as Xiumin carried me off somewhere. I slowly peeked out from under the blanket and I saw him heading up the stairs. He took me into my room and gently placed me on my feet, looking at me. I had taken the comforter away and I saw him smile a little. He came up to me and wiped something off my cheek.

"Thank you." I turned my face away.

"Anything for the princess, now let's get dressed." He smiled and went over to my closet, about to open it.

"I can do it!" I yelled a little as I went over and grabbed his sleeve.

He turned and looked at me in surprise. He smiled and nodded.

"Alright, your wolves shall all await downstairs." He bowed like a prince would and left my room, gently closing the door behind him.

I sighed and turned around in a swirl of happiness.

I can't believe they're back!

I went to my closet and opened it, looking for something to wear. I stopped when I saw an unfamiliar dress hanging in the corner. I reached in and pulled it out. I smiled to its beauty and elegance. It was a knee long dress that was black and had silver and white sparkly tassels hanging from it. It was thin at the top then cascaded out like a flower at the bottom. The bottom had thin see through strips of black and white that hung in a twisted pattern. The dress looked like an upside down flower and I smiled to how thoughtful the boys were. I grabbed a small white card the was pinned to the strap.

"Thought you might like this.

                                -EXO"

I smiled and placed the dress against me, twirling around as if I wore it like a princess.

I can't keep them waiting.

I quickly got changed and went into my barely opened jewelry box. I pulled out a white sparkly necklace that dangled down to the center of my chest. I pulled out a matching pair of earrings and bracelet. I took out a white rose pin that was lined in silver and was small to the point of being cute. I combed my hair down with my fingers and pulled my bangs away, pinning them back with the rose. I went into my closet and pulled out a pair of black flats. I looked in my tiny mirror on the closet door and smiled.

I just need to do my make-up.

I had cleaned up the catastrophe of tears and eyeliner my cheeks were and had found a small amount of eyeliner sitting in my bag. I sighed and put it on, knowing the boys wouldn't give me time to go into the bathroom before seeing me. I stood at my door and took in a deep breath, reaching to open the door. The metal of the handle was cold, like an ice cube. I stared at it and felt as though I was going to get sick.

What if they don't like it? What if I put too much jewelry on?

To the fact that the only jewelry they've seen me in was studded earrings and a small friendship necklace I tried to hide under my shirt. Some bracelets were always on my wrists and my class rings for high school and college. As my thoughts deepened my frown someone knocked on my door.

"You ready?" Sehun asked.

I gasped and pulled away, "I don't know if I look good... Maybe I should change into my normal clothes..." I turned to go to my closet.

My room door opened and I looked to Sehun to see him coming in. His head was down to watch where his feet were going, walking around all my small box's. He was dressed in a tuxedo and a nice silky red tie. He finally looked up when he neared me and his eyes widened.

His eyes looked up and down me, taking me all in. A small smile came to his lips and he reached a hand out for me.

"You look beautiful." He smiled to me.

I stared at his hand a moment and cautiously reached for it.

"You better not be lying to me..." I sighed as he led me outside my room.

I felt my feet start to drag as I didn't really want to leave my room. Sehun looked back and pulled a little harder.

"Do I need to call Xiumin to come carry you?" He whispered.

"No." I gulped a little and began to walk.

"Sehun! Did she come out?" I saw Luhan yelling from the bottom of the stairs.

Everyone else was too busy conversing and grabbing their coats to notice the two of us standing at the top of the stairs. Luhan opened his eyes from yelling and froze, shock on his face.

"Yes." Sehun said quietly.

"Omo..." Luhan gasped, capturing Lay and Kai's attention.

They both looked to him and then followed his gaze before making the same face. The boys that were talking to them noticed and looked up, mirroring all the other faces that noticed. I looked down at my hands and then back to Luhan. He smiled and hurried up the stairs, nearing me quickly. He gathered my hands in his and he gently rubbed the top of them with his thumbs. I stared into his eyes and only saw pure happiness, it looked as though his eyes were sparkling. He silently began to lead me down the stairs. Sehun chuckled and followed behind me closely. I looked up and noticed that Kyungsoo and Jonghyun weren't there, their faces not in sight. I stepped off the last step and everyone slowly came up to me.

"You look beautiful." Some of them mumbled exasperatedly.

"I didn't even recognize you for a moment!" Chen smiled in disbelief.

"Thank you." I bowed to everyone.

As everyone laughed and began talking to me I heard two more people enter the room from Kai and Kyungsoo's bedroom. I looked up as I had a clear shot to their room. I felt like I wanted to hide from them as I saw Jonghyun and Kyungsoo walk out casually, fixing their red ties. I looked away and continued my convesation with Lay. He was talking to me about all the new dance moves he would show me. I told him about how excited I was to go home, but how much I was going to miss him and the band. As we talked I felt someone approach me from behind. I felt goosebumps crawl up my spine and down my arms. I ignored the presence in worry and smiled to Lay as he talked about all the new songs he wanted to sing to me.

"Rachel?" I heard Kyungsoo's voice whisper from behind me.

I felt my muscles tense as I turned my head and looked at him. I smiled and saw his shocked face. Something in his eyes were off, something in them glowing. I stopped smiling and looked at him worried. He stared at me in surprise, not blinking. I reached forward and grabbed his arm.

"Kyungsoo? Are you alright?" I asked, shaking him a little.

"You look so... different..." He whispered in surprise.

You could've used a better word.

I smiled tenderly to him, "I can go change if you don't like it."

"No! Don't change!" He hurried to stop me.

Everyone around us stopped talking and looked up.

"Whoa... I barely ever hear him yell..." Lay mumbled.

I looked about me and saw all eyes on me. I waved a little and then turned to Jonghyun and Kyungsoo, pushing them back until the three of us were in our own corner of the apartment. I looked to the two of them.

"Would you cut it out!" I growled as I closed their hanging jaws.

"You look beautiful, it's hard not to." Jonghyun teased me and poked my forehead.

Kyungsoo looked at him in a slight rage and I knew Jonghyun didn't see it.

I feel angry that he made Kyungsoo angry.

I pointed a finger at him, "Watch yourself, I'll bite your finger clear off next time you even try and touch me." I growled like an angry wolf.

Jonghyun's eyes widened and he laughed, "Whoa... you're scary when you're mad!" He backed away with both hands up in surrender.

I pinched the bridge of my nose, "Just go get ready." I sighed and waved him off.

He shrugged and walked off, occasionally looking back. I took in a deep breath and softly let it out, calming my racing heart.

Am I really that scary?

"Sorry, I won't do that again if I'm scary." I bowed and headed toward Lay.

I felt Kyungsoo grab my arm, "Wait."

I turned and looked at him, worried I had done something wrong.

"No really, if it bothered you just tell me and I'll try and stop myself next time." I mumbled and looked away from his serious face.

"No, you were perfect. I wanted to say the exact same thing to him." He growled a little.

"You would bite his fingers off if he touched you?" I looked at him oddly.

Whoa... I don't even want to know what Jonghyun has done to him.

"No, I would bite him if he dared to touch you again." He looked down, a small blush creeping up his neck.

I felt my eyes widen and a smile come to my face, "Really?"

He nodded sheepishly and I giggled. He looked up at me awkwardly and I poked his stomach.

"What?" He chuckled a little.

"Who knew my little wolf was so cute!" I laughed and continued to poke him.

He bent and turned, trying to avoid my pokes. He began laughing and I stopped, my arms too weak while I laughed.

"I'm not cute." He pouted a little.

"No, you're adorable." I smirked and turned, going to Lay.

I can't believe I said that!

"He looks happy." Lay chuckled to me as I approached him.

"Really?" I turned and looked at Kyungsoo to see him holding his stomach and looking around.

"Yeah, you made him happy, he was kind of down in the dumps during the trip, but he looks better now." Lay smiled and patted my shoulder.

"That's good..." I looked back to Lay with a smile.

As we began conversing again about my home town Jonghyun got on the stairs and called everyone out.

"Hey! Let's get going before we all starve!" He smiled and pointed to the door.

"You little punk..." I heard Onew laugh from behind Lay.

I smiled and followed everyone to the door, looking back to see if anyone was still inside. Kyungsoo was the last one, still in a daze by his room.

"Hey! Little wolf! Let's go!" I yelled to him.

He immediately looked up and jumped a little, surprised everyone was gone. He ran over to me and slipped his shoes on, heading out before me. I nodded and closed the door behind me. All the guys were waiting outside and smiled to me. They all turned and began walking down the hall, but Chen stayed by me and offered his arm for me. I smiled and slowly took his arm in mine, feeling special. As Chen led me behind everyone Luhan slipped from the crowd and came to my other side, offering his arm. I laughed and took his arm.

"Copy cat." Chen chuckled.

"Hey, I'm not a cat." Luhan growled.

"No, you're my two wolves." I giggled.

They both looked at me in surprise and smiled. They nuzzled closer and smirked.

"That means we must follow our dearest mistress around, yes?" Chen smirked.

"What?" I looked at Chen in surprise.

"And we need to keep her away from everyone else." Luhan nodded to him.

Chen laughed at that and agreed.

They're getting too into this...

"What are you guys doing?" Teamin broke from the crowd.

"Stay away from our mistress." Chen pretended to growl.

"What, are you two? Her little pups?" Teamin smirked.

"No, they're my little wolves." I attempted to suppress my laughter.

Teamin began laughing and his mirth became contagious. I began laughing and Chen and Luhan smiled, patting my hands. I looked to them, tears in the corner of my eyes.

"Yes?" I tried to calm down my fits of laughter.

"Are you happy Rachel?" Chen smiled sweetly.

My heart flipped and my smile became one I wanted to contain.

"Yes, especially with everyone." I smiled and looked down thoughtfully, "I hope it can always be like this."

"We hope so too." Luhan smiled.

We left the building and headed to a nice restaurant that immediately led our group of eighteen to a long table. I sat down and Chen and Luhan fought over who would sit next to me, since my other side was taken by Lay and he had no intention of moving. Suho finally had to use his authority to stop them.

"Kris, keep your kids under control." Suho smirked.

"Sure." He mumbled and a quick look to them was good enough to make them sit and shut up.

We all ordered and the waitress was visibly amazed and excited to see all of EXO and SHINee at her table. Even though she seemed happy about the bands I saw her eyes travel to me several times. We sat in silence until our food came and then small conversations bloomed as we ate. I watched everyone quietly, just happy enough to be in their company.

"What was this occasion for?" I quietly asked Lay.

He chuckled, "It's to say goodbye to you, a short farewell party. Something to show how much we will miss you."

I turned back to my food and picked up some of the salad, "Oh... That's nice of you."

"Do you not like it?" He asked, worried.

"No, I like it!" I hurried to reassure him, "It's just... I wish I didn't have to go. I love my family, but I've grown to love you guys more than family..." I turned to him seriously, "Don't you dare tell anyone that."

He smiled and kept eating, "I won't... maybe." He looked at me playfully out of the corner of his eyes.

"Lay!" I giggled and lightly hit his shoulder.

The two of us laughed and then the conversations really began. Our loud fits of fun triggered for other people to enjoy themselves. The waitress came over to me and smiled, giving me my last piece of food. I had ordered steak with asparagus. She set it down and looked at me hopefully. I was the last person to receive their meal and I noticed her lingering longer than she had for anyone else.

"It looks delicious, thank you." I smiled.

"I'm glad ma'am, if you need anything call for me." She winked to me.

I jumped a little to the action and quickly looked away, looking at my food.

Does she think I swing the other way?

"What's wrong?" Chen whispered to me.

"Did you see that?" I whispered anxiously.

"See what?" Chen asked, looking around.

"Nothing I guess..." I looked down at my meal and began cutting into it, watching the savory juices escape the small piece of meat.

Chen watched me for a moment and I looked at him. The moment my eyes scanned him he was looking at his food. I glared at him in suspicion for a moment and he didn't look up once. I went back to eating and looked around, taking in the restaurant. The ceiling was hand painted plaster, elegant swirls circling off of small white and red chandeliers. The walls were a tan beige that had cherry blossoms and traditional Korean scenes hand painted on them. The wooden floor was a dark brown with a light shine to it. Our dining table was the same shade as the floor and had a white and red cloth covering it. The plates were decorated on the edges with gold lining and green wreaths. There were only a few other people in the restaurant besides us. As I looked around I saw the waitress standing by the kitchen, staring at me. I spun in my seat and went back to eating.

"I saw that." Lay whispered to his food.

"What? You saw it?" I asked in disbelief, not looking up from my food.

"She likes you." He mumbled back.

I growled a little, "I got that feeling, I don't like it, it makes me uncomfortable."

"Don't worry, don't focus on her, focus on us." He looked up and smiled.

I looked down the table and caught eyes with Minho, who smiled. I smiled back and waved a little. He waved back and then leaned into the table more, trying to say something to me. I couldn't understand him and just shook my head. He sighed and stood, catching the attention of anybody sitting around him. He said something to them and they watched as he walked over to me, kneeling a little to talk to me.

"It's so loud down there." He chuckled.

"It looks pretty quiet right now." I pointed my thumb to the quiet group.

He chuckled, "Well I'm already here, might as well ask what I wanted to." He smiled.

"Go ahead, I'm listening." I smiled and leaned in closer to him as our table got louder.

"Where are you going for your short break?"

"I'm heading back to Michigan, the mitten state of the US." I demonstrated with my hand and attempted to point on my hand where Muskegon was.

"I see! How long are you staying there?"

"I don't know, a week."

"Okay... They're going to miss you." He nodded to the guys.

"I think I'm going to miss them more then they'll miss me." I smiled sadly.

"I wonder about that." He smirked and patted my shoulder before heading back to his seat.

What does he mean by that?

We all happily finished our meals and the business of leaving tomorrow and the awkward waitress weighed on my mind. Kris, Suho, and Onew paid for their groups. I pulled out my wallet and Lay stopped me.

"What? I need to pay for myself." I looked at his hand that was delicately holding my wrist.

"Kyungsoo paid for you." He whispered.

"He did?" I felt my eyes widen, I looked down the table to the quiet Kyungsoo and back to Lay.

He nodded seriously and I looked down, putting my wallet away.

"Excuse me ma'am." The waitress came over to me and basically pushed Lay away.

I looked up at her in worry, "Y-Yes?"

"I couldn't help but notice how beautiful you were and I wanted to know if you..." She looked away with a blush and reached into her pocket, pulling out a card.

...

"Excuse me." Lay stood and lightly pushed the girl away from me.

"Sir..." The waitress growled slightly as she tried to hand me the card.

"Excuse me ma'am, but it seems as though you are hitting on my girlfriend." He growled a little and put a protective arm over me.

Girlfriend?!

"Girlfriend?" The waitress seemed taken aback.

"Yes, I'm thinking of marrying her, but I might want to do it sooner rather than later. Because if so god help me another man or women hits on her I'm going to go crazy in jealousy." He looked down at me and lightly pet my hair.

The waitress looked flabbergasted, horrified, and just plainly angry, "I'm sorry sir, if I had known..."

"Well now you know." He glared a little and watched as she hurried to retreat to the kitchen.

I sat there and looked up at him in shock. He looked down to me and then took his hand away, sitting down quietly and starting to sip his water.

"Lay." I whispered.

No one else had heard or noticed the small confrontation, or if they had they acted like it never happened.

"Yes?" He mumbled, not really looking at me.

"You're so cool!" I laughed.

He spit up a little of water and used his napkin to wipe up his chin, "Cool?"

"Yeah! That was so sweet of you to help me, and you looked so cool when you were lying about getting jealous." I laughed and patted his arm.

"Lying?" He asked.

"Yeah, when you were talking about the-" I began but was cut off by Chen.

"We're leaving." He grabbed my hand and led me away from Lay.

"But Chen I was in the middle of-"

"Not anymore." Luhan growled from next to me.

Everyone was following us, Luhan, Chen and I leading the way out. As we walked the short distance back we had gained a long gap between the other boys.

"What is going on? Why are you so eager to get me back?" I asked in slight anger.

Why are they dragging me along?

"We need to get you in your room and make sure you get sleep for tomorrow, Lay can't bother you if we get there first." Chen hissed a little.

"Lay?" I pulled out of their arms.

They both looked at me like I was acting weird, "Let's go."

"What is up with everyone tonight? First Kyungsoo wanted to attack Jonghyun, then you two kept me away from Teamin, then Lay kept me away from the waitress and now you two are keeping me from Lay? What's next, Tao and Xiumin are going to sweep me away and drag me off somewhere and keep me from the world?" I growled a little.

I felt slightly betrayed that the two of them didn't trust me enough to let me deal with myself. I looked to the side and then back to them.

"Rachel... We didn't mean to-" Luhan tried to explain himself.

I held up a hand and cut him off, "It's alright, I'm going on to my room, I don't feel well... Goodnight boys." I mumbled and hurried on ahead.

I started off in a fast walk that eventually turned into a jog. I knew how I got when I was tired and I was at my limit. When I got tired enough the littlest of things set me off. I acted like a five year old and I started crying if I didn't get any sleep or if something wasn't "fair". I felt those frustrated tears sting my eyes as I ran up the steps to the building. I typed in my code and ran to the elevator, too lazy to take the stairs. I let out a shaky breath in the elevator and felt horrible for what I had said to Chen and Luhan. They didn't deserve to be treated that way. They were both nice and caring boys that I just snapped at. I placed a shaky palm to my mouth and covered my quivering lip. The elevator stopped on my floor and I ran to my room, trying to open it quickly. I dropped my keys twice and my five year old came out, making me whine. I finally got my door open and I went in, slipping my shoes off and going up to my room.

I need to write them a letter.

I changed into pajamas and pulled out a pad of paper and a pen. I started with writing them each one and then a group one. I folded them and scrawled their names on the front. I went to my door and could hear their voices all downstairs. I took in a deep breath and opened the door, putting on a brave face. I slowly went down the stairs and ignored all the worried looks I was given. I walked around everyone and placed the three letters on the counter, then turned and headed back the way I came. The moment I closed my door I broke down. I covered my crying lips and I turned the light out, crawling into my bed. I grabbed my extra pillow and snuggled into it like it was a person, wishing it was someone I could cry into. After several minutes my cries had stopped and I just laid there in a daze, not even tired anymore. I had my back to the door and I heard it creep open, the ray of light illuminating my room. I heard several padding of feet and I closed my eyes tightly, not wanting to see anyone. I felt someone lay next to me and I jumped to my feet.

"What the-" I began, but then stopped when I saw all of EXO laying about my room with worried looks.

"We want to spend the night with you." Xiumin said solemnly.

"But..." I mumbled and collapsed onto my knees in exhaustion.

"I'm sorry Rachel... about earlier..." Luhan nuzzled in close to my legs, placing his head on the edge of my knees.

I'm totally going to die for this.

I sighed and laid back down, putting the pillow back and curling under the blankets.

"Fine, but no one sleeps by me." I sighed and closed my eyes, trying to go to sleep.

The next 10 minutes were spent of people leaving and reentering my room. Soft murmurs and feet running around were obnoxious in my sleepy state. I turned over and looked at the group of boys attempting to get comfy. Kyungsoo was leaning against the wall, attempting to sleep sitting up.

This room is too small for all these guys... and I'm taking up a lot of room.

I growled and sat up, looking to the cramped group of guys.

"Alright, come here, spread out." I mumbled and slowly moved my bed into the corner, giving them room.

They all looked between each other before slowly moving their things closer. They left a beds length of space between me and the first bed of theirs. I looked over to Suho and saw him crushed in the corner.

"Suho, come here, there's a spot here." I beckoned him over and pointed to the spot next to me.

His eyes widened and he stood cautiously, walking over and laying down, still trying to give me space. I giggled a little and laid back down, attempting to fall asleep.

"Goodnight." Suho whispered.

"Goodnight boys." I sighed happily.

"Goodnight..." They all said at different times.

I immediately fell asleep, wondering what tomorrow would bring me.