Part 8

An Idol's Dream

As I awoke my neck throbbed and my stomach growled. I ever so gently sat up and rubbed my sleepy eyes. I looked around me to see Kyung and Kai softly sleeping on Kyungsoo's bed, their heads hanging over and directed my way. The bedroom door was now open a crack and there was a straight view to the kitchen. I leaned a little and saw that Luhan and Kyungsoo were laughing and making something in the kitchen. I could hear the murmurs of the others in the living room and suddenly my heart stopped. I needed to pee so bad and I needed to change out of these clothes, because wearing sweat pants was not my favorite and comfiest attire. I grabbed my phone and saw that I had slept for two hours and it was now about 5pm. I yawned and twisted my sore neck around, trying to make the feeling go away. I carefully tried to stand, trying my best to withstand the pain that shot through me. I hadn't walked in several days, so as soon as I put any weight on my legs I painfully fell down. A soft whimper escaped me, but I knew it was too quiet for the guys to hear.

This isn't going to work.

I grabbed my phone and texted Xiumin.

Me: "Xiumin, don't make a big scene, I can't walk... at all.... and I need to change and pee... REALLY BADLY. This is a strange request, but could you carry me to the bathroom and then go upstairs and grab my blue and black pajama pants?"

I sat there for a moment before getting a response.

Xiu: "Don't worry, I'll come get you right now, I'll set you in there and then I'll go get your pants."

Me: "Thank you Minnie! You're the best!"

I sat there patiently and not even five minutes later was Xiumin gently slipping into the room. As soon as he came in he smiled at me and walked over, he placed a soft hand on my cheek and kneeled down. Something in his eyes were sad and he shook his head, trying to obviously dissolve whatever thoughts he was having.

"What's wrong Minnie?"I asked, placing a hand over his.

"How could someone do something so bad to someone so sweet like you?" He asked in a small voice.

I smiled softly at him, "It's okay Minnie, not everyone likes me and knows me like you do." I patted his hand.

He sighed, "You're too kind to us."

I smiled brightly, "That's because you're all my brothers!"

Xiumin smiled at that and got into a position to lift me. He wrapped one arm under my legs and the other under my back. He looked at me to signal he was going to lift me. I nodded and felt his muscles expand against me as his lifted me into the air gracefully.

"Gotcha." He chuckled as he headed toward the door.

"Your strength still seems to surprise me." I giggled as we walked out the door.

Xiumin swiftly walked me to the bathroom and sat me on the closed toilet and closed the door, hurrying to go get my pants. I sat there and closed my eyes, just waiting for him to return. A soft knock on the door indicated he was back. He opened the door and handed me the pants. They were the exact pair I was thinking of.

"I'll just wait outside the door, tell me when you're done." He told me and closed the door.

I stared at the door as I pulled my pants off and slipped my new ones up to my knees. With the help of the counter I stood carefully and pulled up the toilet lid. Once I was done I flushed and pulled my pants up the rest of the way, tying them securely around my waist I leaned over to the sink and awkwardly washed my hands, drying them on the shower towel that was closest. I used the counter again to close the toilet and then I cleared my throat.

"Minnie, I'm done."I spoke loudly.

The door cautiously opened and he poked his head in. He smiled lightly and walked over, lifting me into his arms. We walked out of the bathroom and suddenly a loud shout was heard from the couch.

"Bring her to the living room!" Chen hollered.

Xiumin looked to me to make sure I was okay with it. I nodded and he carried me over, everyone's eyes on me. Never before had I felt so nervous around them then I did now. Xiumin sat me down between Suho and Chanyeol. He took his seat and everyone continued to stare at me. I didn't look up though, I kept my eyes on my hands that rested in my lap. I picked at my nails and stayed silent.

"How are you feeling?" Luhan called from the kitchen.

I turned and looked at him, "Better, but I still hurt."

"Ah..." Everyone nodded sadly.

Again the awkward silence crashed over all of us and I sighed, wishing I was back in the none awkward silence of the room. I looked up and saw Lay looking about himself, not knowing where to look.

"Thank you for the boba Lay oppa, I'm sorry I fell asleep." I muttered to Lay.

It startled him a bit, but he smiled at me all the same, "It was no problem, sorry I left the room."

"That's alright." I nodded back.

Everyone watched our exchange and nodded along.

"Can you really not walk?" Tao asked.

Kris slapped him upside the head, "Idiot."

"It's okay Kris, I really can't feel my legs right now Tao, I haven't used them in a while, so I'm a little weak, sorry for the inconvenience and I'm sorry you got slapped." I bowed to Tao from my seat and everyone stiffened, knowing that I was sincerely sorry.

Kris became a little jittery and scratched the back of his head before quietly apologizing to Tao. Tao nodded saying that it was alright and Chen stood.

"This is too awkward!"              

Chanyeol chuckled, "Then what do you propose we do?"

"How about...." Chen thought on it.

"Help her to walk?" Sehun suggested.

"Good idea!" Baekhyun high fived him.

The spectacle before me made me a little worried about what was going to happen. I looked into the kitchen to see Luhan and Kyungsoo looking my way in worry. I gulped at Kyungsoo's look and I turned back around.

"Don't hurt her!" Kyungsoo yelled.

"We won't!" Kai shouted back.

They devised a plan, and that was one that involved someone helping me support my weight and someone else standing by me just in case I fell. I nodded to them as Xiumin stood by in case I fell and Chen supported my weight.

"Okay, just try and take a step." Suho instructed in his worried pose from the couch.

I took a shaky step forward and stumbled a little, almost falling. Everyone gasped and jumped forward a step to help me, but I straightened back up with Chen's help. I took in a deep breath and let out a sigh. I took another step and it felt a little more natural, my legs a little stronger. Chen walked alongside me as I took several steps, some fast, some slow. I walked toward the kitchen and everyone cheered me on. Luhan and Kyungsoo stopped chopping things up and turned to face me. They both smiled and motioned me closer, begging for me to make it to them. I walked a little faster and made it to them, falling into their arms a little. I turned to everyone in the living room and smiled.

"I made it!" I cheered.

Everyone yelled in happiness and I smiled to them brightly. I felt my stomach growl and everyone paused in their laughter before laughing even harder.

"Are you hungry?" Luhan asked around his chortles.

"Maybe just a little..." I chuckled softly.

Kyungsoo grabbed a cucumber he was cutting up and handed me several pieces. I thankfully took them and munched on them, my stomach settling slightly. I stayed in the kitchen until dinner was ready and we all ate happily. The guys had to go, but Sehun stayed, helping me to our garden. Kyungsoo and Kai stayed in the apartment in confusion. Sehun sat me down on my favorite bench and I watered the small plant that I had planted there a year earlier. It was a small bamboo tree trying his hardest to grow. I could tell that Sehun had watered it while I was away, and it meant the world to me. Sehun sat next to me, greeting our plant.

I smiled to him, "Thank you for watering him while I was away."

"No problem, I consider him my own too you know."

I chuckled a lightly, "I know Sehunnie... I know." I smiled down at the plant.

Sehun lightly grabbed my hand, making me look up at him. His dark eyes held a soft glint of passion, something I rarely saw in him. It was the same as when he was about to go on stage or when he was sipping his favorite boba tea. I had never seen those happy eyes directed my way before. Something in my stomach clenched and I felt myself anxious to hear what he had to say. His hand squeezed mine, indicating that he was a little nervous.

"What do we do now?" He asked.

The question immediately took me by surprise. For some reason I assumed he was going to ask me some deep question that would make my heart throb. Nope, I guess this is as deep as Sehun got.

Silly boy.

"We do whatever we want I guess." I nodded to him, squeezing back.

"I mean, do we tell the guys?" He asked in a slight panic.

"You didn't tell them?"

"No, I thought it was something we told them together... was I wrong?" He asked cautiously, thinking he did something wrong.

"No, you weren't wrong, that's good that you didn't tell them." I smiled and praised him.

Sehun scooted closer a little, "Should we tell them?"

I paused and thought on it, "I don't know..."

"Then we shouldn't." He nodded.

"Maybe we should wait, I mean this is our first time alone since you asked me." I stared at him.

His cheeks turned a light pink and he offered a small smile, "It is isn't it."

I giggled to his cute response, "It is." I lifted my other hand and patted his neck, "What should we do?" I tilted my head to the left a little in question.

"Well let's save doing anything really big until you feel better." He poked my nose.

I pouted at him but nodded, "Good idea."

"Let's head back." He stood and turned to me, offering his hand like a prince, "For my lady."

I smiled and grabbed his hand, letting him help me up. We intertwined our fingers and stepped out of the garden. I began humming "My Lady", an older song of theirs. Sehun smiled and hummed alongside me. Our steps were in sync and a small hop was in our steps. We walked to my apartment and I turned to him.

"I can go in on my own." I smiled.

He nodded, "Well... Goodnight." .

"Goodnight Sehunnie." I waved to him as he took a step back.

He frowned a little and his cheeks got pink, but he quickly took a step forward and kissed my cheek before rushing down the hall to his room. I placed a tentative hand where his lips just were and smiled at his retreating figure. I gave a quick laugh and then entered the apartment. I took a quiet step in and saw that all the lights were off and that there were no sounds coming from any part of the house.

Did they leave while I was with Sehun?

I pulled out my phone and saw that it was 1am.

Maybe their sleeping...

I took shaky steps to their room, my legs still a little weak. I creaked open the door and saw Kai sleeping, his back to the door, and Kyungsoo was laying in bed reading, Kyung and Kai curled up around his legs. His face was illuminated by the soft glow of his book light and I took the moment to stare. His heart shaped lips were pursed slightly and his eyebrows were furrowed. His eyes read each line carefully, not one word being lost. His delicate hand flipped the page and he continued on with the story. He shifted his legs every couple of seconds. I knew immediately that Kyung and Kai were cutting off his circulation, making him uncomfortable, I knew because I went through the same thing all the time. I gave a small giggle and Kyung and Kai lifted their heads mewling in my direction. I froze and looked up. Kyungsoo looked up toward the door.

"Rachel?"

I took a step in and bowed in apology, "Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt your reading." I whispered.

"Oh no it's alright!" He set his bookmark in his book and started to get out of bed, "Let me help you upstairs."

I saw the bed still on the floor and I pointed to it thoughtfully, "If it's alright with you, may I sleep here tonight?"

Kyungsoo stopped moving and looked to me in shock, "Yeah! Go ahead!" He offered the bed and I nodded sliding into it.

I looked over at him as I pulled the blanket up to my shoulders.

"Sorry again." I mumbled to him.

"Hm? For what?" He asked as he set his book on the side table turning out the book light.

"For everything for the past five years, I didn't mean for us to stop talking, I was just.... I was going through some emotional troubles... I'm really sorry Kyungsoo." I bowed to him in my bed.

There was a long silence, "It's alright, but may I ask what kind of emotional troubles?"

I was glad that it was barely visible in the darkness of the room, my cheeks were burning harshly. I closed my eyes tightly, trying not to think of my feelings.

"All I'll tell you is that I felt something for someone, but I did my best to not feel that way because I don't think that's how he saw me. I'm still struggling." I sighed, trying not to give him specifics.

"Ahh... Did you tell him you felt that way?" He asked timidly.

I stopped, letting the silence crash over us for a moment.

"No..."

"Well then how could you know he didn't feel anything if you didn't tell him?"

"Because there were no signs... He treated me the same as everyone else, as a friend." I grumbled a little, hot tears streaking down my cheeks.

Kyungsoo sighed, "I don't know what to tell you..." There was a long pause before he spoke again, "Are there any signs now?"

"Some... Which is making it harder for me to forget about him. I think to myself all the time, 'Why must you do this to me? Why must you make my heart throb?'" I sighed rolling so my back was to him.

"Why are you trying to forget about him?"

This made me stop breathing, thinking deeply about his question.

Why AM I trying to forget Kyungsoo?

I didn't know whether it was because Sehun had feelings for me and I was trying to accommodate them or if I truly wanted to forget him. If I truly wanted not to remember all those wonderful things I felt when around him.

"I really don't know..."

And with that, the conversation was over. Kyungsoo didn't ask any more questions and I didn't say anything more. When he next spoke I was hoping and begging that he wasn't going to say something about our recent topic.

"Go on, go lay with your mother, she needs comfort." His whispered and the next thing I knew Kyung and Kai was crawling all over me, cuddling up under me.

You're too nice to me Kyungsoo.

I cried into their soft fur and it eventually helped me drift off to sleep. It hurt and I was tired of feeling the pain of trying to forget someone that I ultimately couldn't forget at all. I was feeling the sadness of trying too hard. Now I was with Sehun and I didn't want to hurt his feelings because in reality, there was no way I was going to be able to forget Kyungsoo. He was seeping back into my head like a deadly poison. 

 


Hey my lovely people! Okay so I'm sorry I didn't update sooner. My laptop is having SERIOUS problems... I might need to get a new one because a lot of stuff is crashing on me. T^T Well anyways, I am currently writing part 13, so I'll update another chapter after this. Thank you for all your support and please comment! It keeps me going! :D

Love you! <3