Part 23

An Idol's Dream

Several weeks passed and spring was almost over, which meant SUMMER! I had already planned it out with Moa to clear my schedule to go home for a while. This time alone for once. My parents and Montana knew and were ecstatic. Kyungsoo and I got closer, I mean he holds my hands randomly and will give me a lot of back hugs. Our skinship has increased and it was always when no one was looking. I had two weeks before I headed out for the summer and the beginning of this week was the worst that could've hit. It was what I called "Kai's time of the month". He was as pissy as a teenage girl during her crimson war. I was currently stretching out in the dance room, molding to the wooden floor. I had been dancing for several hours and I was trying to cool down my aching muscles before I was to head home. I yawned and weakly reached for my phone that laid haphazardly a little too far away. I clawed at it blindly and dragged it over. I called Kai, knowing he would yell at me if I didn't.

 

"WHAT." He spat into the phone.

 

"Yah, don't speak to me like that."I hissed back, "Now do you want anything from the store?"

 

"Chocolate...." He moaned out like the treat would make him on the spot.

 

I rolled my eyes, he became so ual, both mentally and physically. For god's sake I walked in on him grinding to "Earned It" by The Weekend and "Birthday " by Jeremiah. Even though Kai was like a walking wet dream, he was as whiny as my gay friend Cameron from high school.

 

"Eww... Do you have to say it like that?" I winced.

 

"Rachel hurry... I need you to scratch my head and rub me!" He whined even more.

 

"Hopefully just your back."I growled, getting ready to end the call.

 

"Rub me all over-" He began but I quickly hung up.

 

"So gross." I mumbled to myself before standing and wrapping a sweater over my head and around myself warmly.

 

The cold spring night air still chilled me slightly and plus, the sweater hid whatever idol part of me that others would recognize. I stepped out into the night and sagged my shoulders, slipping my hood over my head, and bounced in my walk like a normal hoodlim gangster. I had mastered my walk from years of watching movies and visiting the most "swaggin" areas of US cities.

 

I went into the usual store and bowed to the ahjussi manning the counter. I bought a bunch of chocolate in the form of candy and got some pain killers. After Kai was done with his cocoa high, he writhes in pain and complains that I need to be more "gentle" with him. The idiot.

 

I walked home with the plastic bag hitting my thighs as I pressed further and further toward the whining male that was at the end of my journey. Kyungsoo always chilled at Chanyeol's apartment when Kai was like this, because even though D.O was a guy, Kim Jongin was MERCILESS. Any soul in sight was in danger. Even though Kyungsoo complained about it, I was the only one to stay home with Kai and tend to his "needs". He's even gone as far as pinning me in the hall and whispering in my neck as he rubbed his hips all along my legs. Unfortunately for him, that was the first time he ever went through his man period so I was shocked and scared and out of the emotions I kneed him in the balls. Now when he rubbed against me awkwardly I just either tell him to go away or I let him rub, ignoring him until he goes further or until he stops. Kyungsoo walked in once and screamed at Kai, ran over and held me behind him like I was going to be killed at any moment. It took longer to get him to forgive Kai then it took me to travel home and back.

 

I opened the door quietly and poked my head in, I was on high alert to anything that could happen. I didn't want to see something that I would eventually regret.

 

"Kai?" I called as I slipped my shoes off.

 

A loud groan echoed from somewhere near the couch. I furrowed my brows and only as I got closer I realized that the and groaning was actually words.

 

"CHOCOLATE." He was yelling into the pillows.

 

"Yes, I have your chocolate."I sighed and brought the bag by him.

 

He reached out and snatched it, throwing it on the ground. I glared down at him. I did not just go through all that just for him to be sassy and throw it down. Before I could yell at him he grabbed my wrist and turned, making me squish onto the couch, pressed against him. He began wiggling against me and I cringed. I could definitely feel something rubbing further than the rest of him. I gagged a little.

 

"Rachel..." He moaned out my name and the sound sent unpleasant shivers through me.

 

"What."

 

"Date me." He demanded.

 

"No."

 

"Whhhyyyyyyy?!"He whined and crushed me even further under him.

 

He had somehow spun me so he was laying on top of me and pinning me to the sofa with his muscular body.

 

"Because you deserve much better than me." I sighed.

 

"But I don't want to go find a girl when you're here!" He growled.

 

Oh yeah, mood swings? Yeah those happen too.

 

"Kai, I'm not going to be your girl, no matter how much you beg and plead I'm-" I was cut off with his pressing his lips against my neck.

 

I gasped out as I felt him nibbling and on it. It was leaving a hickey and it only took the breath out of me making it impossible to talk. I began pushing against him as he started to travel lower. This was wrong in so many ways!!

 

"Rachel... Don't let D.O know..." He whispered with a devilish smirk.

 

Tears came to my eyes, I didn't know where he was going and where this would lead, but it wasn't pleasant.

 

"KAI!! LET ME GO!!"I screamed.

 

I tried my best to knee him, push him and hit him but he dodged, twisted away and pinned me down. My lip began quivering. He's never been this bad before. There was something wrong with him. A loud ringing echoed in the apartment and I smiled in relief. It was the doorbell. Kai shrugged me away and laid back down, blankly going through his bag. I hurried away from him and wiped away my tears, trying to show my bravest face. I covered my neck with my hand and ran to the door. I swung it open and smiled timidly when I saw Kyungsoo. I looked down and chuckled.

 

"Hey there." He smiled.

 

"Hi."I backed away shyly.

 

He stepped in and leaned forward, kissing my cheek tenderly, "Where's his highness?"

 

"On the couch." I giggled as I felt happiness pour over me from his little kiss.

 

"What happened to your neck?" He asked as he slipped his shoes off and placed a gentle hand over mine.

 

"Just a little bruise, my cold hands feel good on it." I smiled, hoping I could cover it.

 

"Ah, don't hurt yourself too much," He pulled me into the house, "You know you worry me when you go out alone, you could get hurt so easily." He looked at me sadly.

 

"It's okay because I have you guys back here to take care of me." I chuckled.

 

"And don't you forget it!" He poked my nose happily before going over to the couch, "Oh god you're a mess."

 

I slowly approached and saw chocolate smeared all over Kai's lips. He looked like he was asleep and I rolled my eyes, going into the bathroom. I looked back to make sure Kyungsoo wasn't watching me before I the bathroom light and gasped to the bruise. It was about the size of a golf ball and turning a yellow purple. I placed my hand back over it as I went upstairs. I needed to put something on over it...

 

I searched my room for some kind of turtleneck or scarf. Then I groaned when I realized I didn't own any turtlenecks and all my scarf's were down in the front hall closet. Why was I so dumb?! Why did I let him do that?! Oh yeah, he was stronger than me. I growled as I hurried downstairs and grabbed a scarf from the closet. I wrapped it around my neck and went back into the kitchen. Kyungsoo started pulling things out of the fridge before sighing and putting them all back. He turned to me, his heart shaped lips curving into a beautiful smile.

 

"Let's go out."

 

My eyes widened, "Out?"

 

"We aren't cavemen Rachel, let's go out," He then leaned in closer, "Like on a date."

 

I gulped, "Really?"

 

"Yeah!"

 

I blushed and looked away, this was a first. It was a step toward a relationship we both knew could happen in due time. I nodded and he cheered, grabbing his stuff and calling out to Kai.

 

"We're leaving!"

 

All we heard returned was an angry, "NOOOOOOO!"

 

With giggles we ran out and hurried down the hall.

 

*          *          *

 

Dinner was done but we just couldn't move from the seats of the restaurants. We talked about nothing and everything. It was like we hadn't met before, talking about things that were completely pulled out of our asses. I even began talking about the boys from my high school days. I had crushes on a few, but some that I "liked" were much shorter than I and were obnoxious pricks. One of them wanted to be black and it just made me sigh and shake my head. Who knows where that boy went in this world. I smiled and enjoyed the dim lighting that lit up Kyungsoo's eyes like twinkling stars at night. He began tracing little circles on the top of my hand, sending electricity through me. This was the best night.

 

"Alright, so you're going to be gone for a while." He pouted cutely.
 

"Yeah." I nodded.

 

"You won't forget me right?" He chuckled.

 

I reached up and smacked his shoulder with a laugh, "Aish! I wouldn't forget you pabo!"

 

He laughed with me, "Oh come on, are you gonna miss me~?" He sang out.

 

"Of course~!" I sang back.

 

The laughing fits began all over again.

 

"So what are you gonna do with all that time?" He sighed and calmed down our giggles.

 

"I honestly don't know, maybe chill with some old friends, maybe just hang out at home." I shrugged.

 

"Nu uh, you are travelling all the way out there, you have to do something good!" He chuckled.

 

I laughed, I knew exactly what he wanted, "I'll get you a new cookbook okay?"

 

He fist pumped, "Thanks! But take a lot of pictures too!"

 

"I will."

 

"Don't meet any guys, you hear me?" He pointed a motherly finger at me.

 

"Come on, my heart is stuck in Korea, why would I even think of that?" I rolled my eyes.

 

"Hey you never know." He shrugged.

 

"Oh shush!"

 

We continued in this manner until the owner of the fine bistro came by and told us he needed to close up soon. We gave him a tip and headed out, walking to the building.

 

"So how are things with Kai?" He asked.

 

"He's as weird as ever." I sighed.

 

"Hopefully not too ual." Kyungsoo gave me a look that made my heart race and a blush grow across my cheeks.

 

"Nothing I can tell you." I stuck my tongue out.

 

"Uhh that means he did something bad." He growled.

 

"Soo, leave him be. You know he is just on his drive twenty four seven when he's like this." I sighed.

 

"Why doesn't he get a girlfriend then? She can deal with his grinding, I'm sure any girl would love it." He rolled his eyes.

 

I chuckled, "Are you just jealous that he can get away with touching THIS and you can't?" I gestured sensually at my body.

 

Kyungsoo gulped and looked straight ahead, "Don't say it like that."

 

"Why?" I raised a brow.

 

"Because I could get some if I wanted." He smirked.

 

"Bull. I'm calling total bull on you!" I yelled and pointed at him like a little girl.

 

As I laughed and repeated the word over and over I suddenly felt hands grab my waist and pull me against a warm body. Kyungsoo stared right at me and his fingers slid ually into my belt loops. I gulped as every form of my being was pleading for him not to stop. My eyes were trained on his supple lips and my mouth began to water. I wanted to kiss him so badly right now that I didn't even understand. Our bodies were barely touching but then Kyungsoo pulled on my belt loops. It tightened not only my pants up and around me but it pulled me against him completely. I was pressed against him and I don't think he even knew how thin the layers of clothes were between us.

 

He leaned down and pressed his lips against my ear, "What were you saying?"

 

What is this?

 

There was a separate beat from my own heart. There was a pounding that I didn't understand. Only after a moment I realized that it was Kyungsoo's own heart racing with time. I wasn't the only one shaking and pounding in this moment.

 

"I called bull." I whined against him.

 

He leaned his head by my neck. I stiffened to the thought that he might do what Kai did earlier.

 

"You smell like Kai." He hissed, "He gave you a hickey didn't he?"

 

I gulped, "It wasn't as bad as-"

 

I was cut off by the feeling of Kyungsoo gently kissing the mark as if trying to dissolve it. I was stunned and frozen on the spot. He was being gentle and kind with me, even though I knew that anger must be coursing through him.

 

"I don't want anyone marking up this neck." He mumbled and pecked the mark again before pulling back.

 

"Kyungsoo..." I looked at him in wonder.

 

"Go on, you have work tomorrow and I'm taking Kai to dance. I won't see you until later." He spoke like nothing had just happened.

 

Our bodies were still molded and I felt a cramp start to form in my neck as I strained to look him in the eye. He released me and pulled my shirt down for me. I watched him smile and nod toward the building. I smiled and nodded, I knew that this was just a glimpse of the Kyungsoo that liked me in return. He rarely showed himself. He led me to the apartment by placing a delicate hand on the small of my back. When we made it there he said goodnight.

 

"I'll see you later." I smiled and kissed his cheek tenderly before disappearing into the apartment.

 

**READ PAST AUTHORS NOTE FOR A CONTINUED WRITTEN PORTION**

 

Okay guys!! So a little RachSoo action going on here! Hope you all enjoy it! 

BONUS: 

Kai on his man period would be so like omg <3

XOXO bai bai lovelies!


(So it has come to my attention that the whole "can't date kyungsoo publicly thing" is confusing. The following writing is an explenation of why Rachel just can't "go through that again".)

Back to when Rachel and Sehun were dating

I sat in the recording studio with a twitch in my finger and a sleepy droop to my eyes. I hadn't been able to sleep correctly for three weeks. The exhuastion pulling at my body doesn't go unnoticed by anyone, even my boyfriend Sehun knows that I'm like a walking zombie. My head bobbed sleepily, my neck trying to hold up its weight. 

"Rachel? Are you okay enough to do this?" Moa asked me, Bom standing by her side with a worried look etched into her porceline face.

I shook my head and cleared my throat, "I can do it... Just give me a sec..."

I was supposed to be recording a commercial for the newest Samsung product. I was supposed to be lively and happy. I stood, shook off my dizzy spell and walked in front of the camera, holding the new tablet in both hands. Being tired made even the lightest things heavy. My arms shook and my stomach growled out loudly. The director sighed and walked up to me, her eyes looking at me in pity.

"We heard about the rumors... Why don't you get some sleep and we'll do this tomorrow?" She gave me a small smile.

Ah... The rumors... Everyone in Korea heard about them. Anyone that heard about EXO knew about the several rumors that surrounded Sehun and I. The rumors were eating me alive and no matter how many times the company and myself deny them, they stick to me like glue. Thinking about the rumors made me sick to my stomach. 

"Excuse me...!" I hurried into the bathroom and released my recent breakfas into the toilet.

Moa came in and gave a heavy sigh, "I'm calling Sehun to come get you, I can't carry you like this..." I could hear the dialing of her phone while I retched into the toilet.

That made my head hurt. I never thought that being in a public relationship with Sehun would cause me so much pain. Physical and Mental. When I finally calme my racing heart and my growling stomach I just laid on the floor of the bathroom, my knees pulled up to my chest. The loud click of the bathroom door opening made me flinch and Moa give a relieved sigh.

"Thank god you're here, she's sick again." She whined.

"Thank you Moa, I'll take her home from here." I could immediatley tell the voice was my boyfriends. 

Moa's heels clicked out of the restroom and I heard someone knock on my stall door. I pulled my legs up against me closer. A sigh came from the other side and   I could tell he sat down against the door.

I can't let him deal with this anymore...

"Hey..." He called out.

"Hey." I mumbled back.

"You ok?"

I gave a small chuckle, "What do you think?"

He gave a laugh that I knew meant he was running his hands through his hair, "No, you're not at all."

"Good observation." 

There was a long pause that made tears want to come to my eyes. We always went through the same discussion when he had to come pick me up.

"You wanna go to the hospital?" He asked.

"No, I don't want the rumors spreading." 

He sighed, "Come on, you and I both know the rumors aren't true, that's all that matters."

"Maybe to you, but you aren't the fake pregnant one." I grumbled.

There was rumor number one. Everyone thinks I'm pregnant with Sehun's baby. The thought made me sick and the stress from people sending me baby presents makes me cry and sick at the same time. Sehun kept saying it was ok, but I didn't let him know about the hate mail I get as well. The letters that threaten that they are going to "literally kill" me. I considered telling him, but when I got one that said "you make him do all the work and you don't actually care about him", I decided to keep it to myself. 

"Sweetheart... Can I come into the stall?" He asked.

I reached a shaky foot up and opened the door, letting him in. I laid there, not wanting to look him in the eyes, not wanting him to see how I was falling apart. He sat down and ran his fingers through my hair, comforting me. When I didn't respond he sighed and picked me up and craddled me in his lap. My face was pressed next to his neck and my hands were gripping his sweater against his torso. He kissed my forehead.

"Sehun... I'm scared..." I told him my thoughts for once and I felt his arms tighten around me.

"I'm here. Don't forget that. I'm here."  He hushed me and rocked back and forth, craddling me gently.

"Sehun... I don't know how much more I can take..." I began crying.

"Is it the killing rumor? Because even the media doesn't beleive that one." He asked.

Rumor number two, I killed an EXO fan that Sehun was close to so he would date me. After that rumor came out I was sent hate mail that people signed in blood and said things along the lines of "this is the blood you spilled!" That particular rumor was eating away at me with such precision that it made me wonder if I did kill someone. I was becoming confused.

I looked up into Sehun's eyes, "Is this what it means to date you?"

I saw tha worry in his eyes, "If I could make it all stop I would."

"I know..." I snuggled back into his neck. 

There seemed to be a new rumor everyday that caused me to plumit even further. First rumor, I'm pregnant. Second rumor, I killed a fan. Third rumor, I was cheating on Sehun with Chanyeol. Fourth rumor, I was actually lesbian. The last rumor that made it all the way to my ears was that I was a and was using Sehun for his money. All of these rumors made me sick to my stomach and made me cry. None of them were true and no one was beleiving me that they weren't. I had never been one to overeact about rumors, even when I was told there was a rumor about me in high school. The rumor was that I was obsessed with a certain guy, which was a lie. But I ignored everyone and let them think what they wanted. Only my friends knew the truth. But this time it's different, now I had the world looking at me, not some measly group of unsure teenagers. I had the feeling that I was going to break up with Sehun soon. Moa had a doctor check me out recently and he said that all the stress from work and the rumors was causing me to become sick and was making me lose my strength. Even though I would break up with Sehun, the rumors would still stand, maybe simmer out, but they will forever be there. I made a promise to myself as I laid there in Sehun's calming embrace that I wouldn't go through this again, I could go through this again. I was worried that if I did, I might die the next time.