Chapter 17

An Idol's Dream

D.O P.O.V

Rachel walked downstairs hand in hand with Suho. The sight made my throat swell.

Why? Why do I feel like this?

I looked to the other members only to see them look and then continue with their conversation as if not seeing anything. Except there was one other that kept his eyes on them for a while longer, his expression hard with obvious concern. I stared at Kai and saw his eyes staring at them so intently he could be a statue. I looked back at them and saw her smile at him and my throat clenched again.

"God you took forever! Let's go!" Chen sighed and signaled them to move faster with a thin hand.

At that Rachel hurried down the stairs, Suho following, but not releasing her hand.

What is he doing holding her hand like that?

My mind whirled a little and I couldn't help but scowl a little. We started to walk out and Sehun approached me, his tall body walking beside mine.

"Hyung." Sehun murmured and made sure no one else could hear us.

"What?" I asked softly.

"Are you angry about something?" He asked and gave me a look that told me it was clear on my face.

"No, it's just bright in this hallway." I lied.

Wait... Why am I lying?

"Oh... But hyung I'm angry." Sehun pointed out as if it was obvious.

"Hm? You are?" I stared at him intently for a moment, "You're very good at hiding it." I told him before facing foreword again.

I stared at Rachel's hand that was linked to Suho intently. I watched them squeeze each other's hand like it was only right, like they were the only two in the world. They looked perfect together and it made my blood boil. I wanted to scream out, yell at them, take her hand away from his. I didn't understand what was wrong with me, but I didn't want to see them like this for another minute.

"I don't like it, it makes my head hurt." Sehun mumbled.

I snapped back to reality and turned to him, "You're head hurts? Do you need some medicine? Do we need to take a break?" I asked, becoming concerned for my "little brother".

Sehun only chuckled, "You're always the worried umma hyung." Sehun laughed and smiled at me, before dropping it and looking straight ahead solemnly, "I meant Rachel and Suho..."

His words made my head snap back to their close figures and I wish I hadn't been looking to the scene before me. Suho leaned in and whispered something in her ear, making her giggle like a school girl.

"Get a room!" Tao laughed and many hit his head as they laughed.

After that sentence left his mouth Suho blushed deeply, but I couldn't see Rachel's face. I couldn't see how she reacted to the ual comment about her and the man she was holding hands with.

"Since when did they become a thing?" I spoke out loud and quickly bit my lip.

"That's what I want to know." Sehun sighed, "Rachel shouldn't have chosen yet, she still has a long time before she should choose."

I looked at Sehun in wonder.

Does he like her?

Upon thinking that he liked her my heart raced and I felt a  possessive feeling take over. I didn't want Sehun to like her, I didn't want anyone to like her. She wasn't here to be liked by anyone else but me.

Wait... anyone else but me? Do I like her?

I stared at the back of her head and tried to think about my emotions, see where they led. I thought about her face, her cute eyes that squinted when she smiled or become larger than mine when she was startled. I thought of her button nose that led to her lightly pink and plump lips. Her jaw line that wasn't too defined, but was still visible. Her neck that showed her heart rate, even though she probably didn't know. Her collarbones that I've only seen twice, but have wanted to touch both times, see how they felt under my fingers. I thought of her hair, its colorful state that made her unique in every way. Her ears that were always with earrings and maybe a headphone. Her voice.... Oh her voice. It was like listening to the sweetest sound. One time I came home without Kai and found her singing Sunday Morning by Maroon 5 and I hid behind a wall, just to hear her. Her voice was soothing and soft and it made her so much more kind. Compared to her slightly deeper talking voice, her laughter and singing voice gave off the impression of a lighter and clearer tone. I widened my eyes when I rethought everything.

Oh my god...I like her! Since when?

I thought on that too, since when did my feelings grow more than friends? I thought of her personality, its bright a wandering thoughts that were clear on her face. I remembered the moments when she didn't think someone was looking and she started to make funny faces. Her delicate fingers that would softly and gently pick up things and cautiously hand it to others. I remembered the first moment I saw her, the moment I heard her sing for the first time, the moment I moved in, the moment when she cried because she missed us, and the moment when someone kissed her cheek when she was on her way home and how she stayed in a daze for the next two days. It was since then, since the beginning.

"Hyung!" Sehun hissed and pulled me out of my thoughts again.

"Huh?" I blinked at him a couple times.

"Rachel and Suho are going to the back of the store without anyone noticing, let's go watch!" Sehun smirked a little.

I nodded without thinking and slipped away from the guys, following the couple that was clearly being led by Rachel. She pulled Suho behind a rack and Sehun and I hid just so we could see and hear them. Rachel turned to Suho and dropped his hand.

"Suho hyung... This is actually kinda awkward..." Her cheeks became a bright pink and she grabbed the hem of her shirt in embarrassment.

"I'm sorry... We don't have to act like this if it bothers you..." Suho's figure slumped a little.

"I can do it... it's just..." She looked off.

"What?"

"I don't want a certain person seeing us like this..." She took in a deep breath before suddenly turning to him in anxiety, "I'm not going to tell you who! So don't even ask!" She was quick to warn him.

He chuckled and patted her head like a father would, "I already know who, you don't have to say anything."

Suho knows who she's worried about? I wonder who it is...

"You know who I like?" She asked incredulously.

Like?! She likes someone?!

"It's obvious." He smiled.

"I-I bet you're j-just bluffing!" She smirked a little weakly.

"Do you want me to say it out loud?" He smiled and she was as fast as lightning to cover his mouth with her hand.

"DON'T YOU DARE! He could hear!" She hissed.

Suho nodded and she released him. Suddenly he pulled out his phone and opened something before showing it her. Her cheeks became the reddest I had ever seen and she looked down at her twiddling thumbs, nodding softly.

"Told you I knew."

"Is it that obvious hyung?" She asked, tears forming in the corner of her eyes.

Suho was quick to wipe them away, "Don't worry, I'm like you're dad, remember? I can sense these things." He smiled.

"Right... Just don't tell him hyung!" She pleaded with him and wiped her eyes.

"Alright, now let's finish this day and then you can go back to thinking about him, alright?" Suho held his hand back out and she smiled a little, taking it in hers.

The two of them walked back to the front and Sehun and I looked between each other.

"I wonder who she likes??" Sehun asked in a hyper tone.

"I don't know..." I mumbled, wanting to know the answer as well.

"I'm going to get the answer hyung! For the both of us!!" He smirked and gave me two thumbs up, before running off.

"Sehun!" I called after him and joined everyone as they shopped, trying to find the hyper boy with a big mouth.

Luckily I found him conversing with Luhan about a hat that was apparently so amazing you would combust upon view of it. I rolled my eyes to their childish talk and observed Rachel and Suho through our whole shopping escapade.

 

Once we made it home I immediately was upset that everyone stayed, I wanted it to be just Kai, Rachel, and I, or even better just Rachel and I. Everyone stayed and Rachel an Suho had finished whatever that whole torture was. Suho was now sitting on the couch with everyone as I chopped up vegetables to make a stir fry for everyone. Rachel headed upstairs and decided to start un-tagging and putting her new outfits away. Sehun skipped over to the kitchen where I stood and smirked, giving me two thumbs up.

"I'm going to go find out who she likes!" He hurried upstairs before I could voice me harsh complaint.

Whatever you do Sehun... Don't screw this up.