Part 6

An Idol's Dream

RACHEL P.O.V

My chest hurt, like someone had been sitting on me for several days, and their weight being nowhere near light. My shoulder burned slightly, movement limited. I could hear voices that I had only dreamed of hearing for the past several days. The first voice I heard was Suho's. I decided to stay silent and let him continue until I felt the need to notify them of my groggy awoken state.

"You see how distraught we are without her... What if someday she leaves us? We would become so lost without her... We depend on her and just her smile, even just her presence, keeps us going and alive. Now that she isn't here to keep us uplifted... We just don't know what life is like." He sighed and spoke solemnly, "She's our everything. I'm just scared that one day she won't be there."

I'm not going anywhere... Pabo...

There was a long silence and I could tell that they were thinking about what their leader had said, the words seeping into the atmosphere gravely.

"We would be nothing without her..." Kai's voice came out softly, breaking the palpable silence.

"As would I." I muttered groggily.

What a better time to make a bold entrance then while they were all grieving? BAM! Dumbest idea EVER. I felt the air around me shift so it was obvious that a couple people had gotten closer to my resting figure.

"Rachel!" D.O's pleading voice made my heart stop.

Upon hearing his worried tone I couldn't help but feel fear overcome me. I didn't dare open my eyes, afraid that he would see my vulnerable state and how much I still wondered about him.

"Hm?" I responded quietly.

Why must you do this to me Kyungsoo? I don't like you anymore... What exactly are you doing to me?

"How are you feeling? Can you open your eyes?" He asked, his voice incredibly close and my heart was beating faster then it should've. 

"I'm fine, just really sore... and I can open my eyes..." I yawned, sleep still grasping at me. 

I willed myself to stay awake, to stay there with them. My throat burned, a scratchy feeling going down it every time I spoke. Suddenly I heard three words that broke my heart and uplifted my spirits at the same time.

"Go get Sehun." Kyungsoo mumbled, the official sign that he was giving me what he thought I wanted.

My heart thumped harshly and almost cried out in more pain then what I thought I possessed. I heard someone rush out of the room and I listened, not being able to hear anyone approach.

"Where's Sehun?" I asked desperately, wanting his comforts at my side.

"He's coming." D.O's voice spoke out, but he sounded a little strained.

Remembering the whole event I hadn't even noticed if Kyungsoo was injured, "You didn't get hurt D.O... did you?" I asked.

There was a shift in the air and I heard a smile in his tone, "No, I'm fine."

I heard someone rush to the room, their breathing labored. I knew from the familiar smell of Boba that it was indeed my beloved Sehun.

"R-Rachel?" He asked, fear plain in his voice.

"Sehun? Is that you?" I asked, blindly reaching my arms out. 

I wanted his hands to be in mine, his body close to mine and his eyes only on mine. I wanted Sehun to be there to protect me. It wasn't like Kyungsoo couldn't protect me, it was just that I didn't believe he was unharmed and I also hadn't talked to him long enough to feel the comfort I felt with Sehun. For god's sake the boy was attached to my hip. I could tell that someone left the room, but I had no idea who and if Sehun and I were alone.

I suddenly felt the calming large hands of Sehun intertwine with mine. I squeezed his hands and felt a smile trickle onto my face. I felt Sehun squeeze back, his hands shaking slightly. I tried to crack one eye open, only to see that it was a little too bright. I tried the other eye and found it a little easier. I went from one eye to the other, only to finally get them open and have burning sensation roll over them, making my eyes water. I looked up at Sehun and smiled, but quickly frowned upon seeing tears streak down his cheeks.

"Oh my Sehunnie..." I became teary eyed and I reached up, wiping away his sorrow filled droplets, "Why are you crying?"

"I didn't know if you were okay..." He sniffled and I grabbed him tightly, bringing him in for a tight hug. 

It took him initially by surprise before he finally sat on the bed and full blown laid on me. His arms wrapped around me protectively and I smiled softly in the crook of his neck. He was too much sometimes, but right now? No, right now he was exactly what I needed. I kissed the corner of his neck and I felt him shiver slightly.

"You know you're my favorite right?" I giggled to his shivers.

"Well I was more hoping, I didn't want to be like a know it all, that was wrong." He chuckled, wiping away some of his own tears.

This made me laugh lightly, "Sehun-ssi, you know you're too cute right?" I pinched his cheeks and he winced.

"Yah...!" He whined and I finally let go, laughing quietly, "You may be my Noona but you're also the girl I love, don't do that!" He pouted.

I swallowed hard to his words, replaying them in my mind.

He just confessed... What do I do?

"Yah pabo... Did you just confess?" I giggled, my sleepy state barely being able to keep me awake.

"I guess I did..." He gave a nervous laugh.

"Well that's good for you... You should always tell people how you feel." I spoke around a yawn.

"Then can I tell my burden to you?"He asked seriously.

"Sure..." I spoke sleepily.

"You see there is this question I've been wanting to ask you for a while, but the problem is that I'm afraid you'll reject me. I know I might not be right at first and after a while you can just tell me, but for right now I want to ask you and not get my hopes too high while I'm ahead." He spoke rapidly, seeing my drowsiness taking over.

"Don't speak in encryptions Sehun... Just ask me..." I mumbled sleepily.

"Rachel..." Sehun grabbed my hand and chin, making me look to him before I was completely asleep, "Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked.

I thought over his words for a sec, trying to deduce whether this would be a good idea or not. On one hand it's Sehun, the hot and loving man I know, on the other hand it's Sehun... the little brother I cared for. I didn't know what to do, I needed to give him an answer before I fell asleep though. 

Maybe this will be good for me.

I internally nodded to the thought. This will help me stop thinking about forgetting Kyungsoo and focus on Sehun... who would be my first boyfriend... Whoa... I'm lonely.  Sehun was looking at me in hopeful eyes and it made me smile softly, my sleep crashing over me quickly.

"Y...es...." I whispered to him before falling completely asleep.

I'm counting on you Sehun... Help me forget D.O and help me know how it feels to be in love. I don't fully love you now, but help me either learn to or fall for you completely without any regrets.