Part 24

An Idol's Dream

I had one more week before summer and my trip home. This was also my last week of drama shooting. It was a short drama of 14 episodes. I was the main actress and my "lover" happened to be played by my real crush, Kyungsoo. At first I thought it was some kind of trick, but I soon found out that he was casted long before me. The second man was played by B.A.P's Daehyun and the second girl was played by T-ARA's Boram. We all had fun and maybe enjoyed our comedic roles a little too much. I was currently enjoying a little break as Kyungsoo and Daehyun acted out an almost fight scene.

 

Daehyun's hand gripped Kyungsoo's wrist, making the later glare at him fiercely.

 

"Don't you dare leave! Don't you dare go to her and ruin her life for your own advantage!" Daehyun yelled at him.

 

Kyungsoo ripped his hand away and I could feel the purity of his acting, "I'm not taking advantage of her because you know what I have that you don't?" He challenged, "A desire to be loved by the one I love." He dramatically took three steps forward before turning back, "I know where my feeling are, do you?" After a dramatic search of Daehyun's face, Kyungsoo turned and after walking 10 feet the director called "cut!"

 

I glanced at the director, seeing if it was bad or good. He smiled and I felt a giggle sneak past my lips. They did it perfectly.

 

"Dang that was close!" Boram snickered from her seat next to me.

 

"Yeah, but they did good." I smiled.

 

She shrugged and replaced her hood over her eyes to take a nap. I rolled my eyes, even my coworkers were a little y sometimes. Kyungsoo came running over with a big smile.

 

"Did I do okay?"

 

"Yeah! You did great!" I jumped up and hugged him.

 

"Get a room." Boram grumbled from her hood.

 

I rolled my eyes and smiled at Daehyun who walked over, "You did great Daehyun-ssi."

 

"Thanks Rachel," He smiled and grabbed a water, taking a big gulp, "Is that our last scene for today?"

 

I nodded, "Yeah, Boram-ah and I are filming tomorrow, you guys are done for today." I grabbed Kyungsoo's bag and swung it over my shoulder.

 

"Yah, I can carry that." He complained and tried to reach for it.

 

"That's alright, I got it." I smiled and walked out of his reach.

 

The producer and director walked over to us with smiles, "That's it for today! Thank you everyone!"

 

We all bowed, except Boram, who was currently being shook awake by her manager. Daehyun walked with Kyungsoo and I to my car. Since I didn't have to get in costume and film today, I wore basic jeans and a sweater and I drove myself and Kyungsoo. Daehyun heard the rev of Jongup's car and said his goodbye's. Kyungsoo got into my car and waited for me to head on our way back to the building. Our shooting was an hour away from our home so we had a long trip ahead of us. I plugged in my phone and offered Kyungsoo the extra charging cord, which he declined. I handed him my phone and laughed at his puzzled look.

 

"Play some music," I smiled, "Or you can turn on the radio."

 

He smiled, "You're letting me use your phone?"

 

This made me laugh again. I was not one to allow others to use my phone. It was my precious "child" that held more secrets then even I knew.

 

"Yeah, go ahead." I nodded.

 

I could almost hear his excitement as he unlocked my phone and went through my music. There was a long pause and I looked at him in worry. I found him staring at one song in curiosity. I smiled because that particular song was one of my favorites. It was "Like a Star" by Corinne Bailey Rae. He glanced at me and gently clicked on the song.

 

I let out a happy sigh as the song began gently serenading me on my way through the busy highways of South Korea. I hummed along and tapped my fingers on the shift as I rested my hand against it. It was a habit of mine ever since I was in high school.

 

"You've got this look I can't describe~" I sang along and nearly jumped out of my skin when I felt a hand sneak onto mine.

 

I gulped and continued singing along as my heart raced to Kyungsoo's fingers entwining with my own. This moment felt so unreal and like a dream. The romantic song that played in our ears made me think that everything was made just for us. We were made for each other and we would never let the other go. I loved Kyungsoo so much and this was another peek at the man that loved me in return.

 

The thought of the kissing scene between us coming up in the drama made my legs shake and my hand grip his tightly. I heard him let out a sigh in relief and it made me smile shyly. This was the moment I always dreamed of as a teenager. Looking over at his lengthy figure in my passenger seat and smiling because I knew that he wouldn't love anyone else as much as he loved me. He would grab my hand that rested on the shift and kiss my knuckles. He would sing obnoxiously along with me and give a goofy laugh when his voice cracked and I would make my voice crack on purpose to make him feel better. On late nights he would only play the songs I was in the mood for and he wouldn't question whether they were his style or not. He would just do it because he wants my happiness. I used to imagine these scenarios, but of course my mind wasn't in love with D.O at the time so it wasn't him but Kai that always appeared in my fantasies. I only now thought of those dreams as Kyungsoo beside me.

 

Another song came on and I chuckled, it was from the same artist just a little more upbeat. It was "Put Your Records On". I sang along and soon realized that Kyungsoo had joined to the repetitive chorus. We sang along to a bunch of songs and were about 15 minutes away when a song came on that sent chills through me. The song was incredibly ual, it caused my stomach to bubble and my mouth to water. It was "Skin" by Rihanna. I remember seeing an intimate video on YouTube when I was teen, it was kpop idols in their prime ual moments moving and grinding to the beat of this song. Kyungsoo didn't change it, he listened and even nodded his head along. I was thoroughly immersed in the guitar riffs and beat of the song until it ended and "Shake That Brass" came on. I shivered and stopped at a red light.

 

"What was that last song?" Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow.

 

"A very ual song." I didn't look at him.

 

"You like that?" He asked gently.

 

I took in a deep breath, "Is there something wrong with that?"

 

"No! It was a good song! I was just... I don't know... surprised!" He chuckled.

 

"My music choices are... surprising?"

 

"Well only a little, I mean it was such a big shift between the songs. The soft songs, to happy, to hyper, to romantic, to sad, and then suddenly ual!" He explained, fully absorbed in the subject, "Yet even though they are all surprising, they are all you."

 

"So I'm every genre of music?" I laughed.

 

"Yes." He nodded seriously.

 

We looked at each other before bursting into fits of laughter. He was just so serious that I couldn't help but laugh. He was just so precious. We pulled into the parking lot and I frowned when I saw that Chanyeol, Suho, Chen, and Lay's cars were all gone.

 

Did they go for a drive?

 

I pointed it out to Kyungsoo who stared blankly and pulled out his phone. I leaned against my car as he went through an animated conversation with a loud giggly Baekhyun. After a heavy sigh and a closed eye meditation, he gave me a crooked smile.

 

"It seems like they wanted to give us some time alone to 'bond'." He put air quotes around "bond".

 

"What?" I laughed.

 

His cheeks pinked, "They know about the kissing scene. They wanted us to be alone if we needed to practice." He looked off.

 

Even though it scared me slightly...

 

THANK YOU! You guys rock!!

 

I smiled at him and offered my hand gently. I felt the heat grow across my face.

 

"Well we don't want to disappoint them and not practice, right?" I grabbed his hand and started walking him toward the building with a little giggle escaping my lips.

 

"E-E-Excuse me?" Kyungsoo stuttered from behind me, tripping over his feet, "Are you s-saying we're g-going to... k-k-kiss?!"

 

I rolled my eyes as we entered the elevator, "No, we're going bungee jumping. Isn't that what practicing is? Come on Kyungsoo, I know you're smart." I smirked at him.

 

My whole body was bugging OUT. I was flipping inner tables, I was screaming and squealing at the top of my lungs. I was excited. I was going to get to kiss D.O with the excuse that we were practicing for our drama. Because the reality is if we were to do it for the first time in front of the camera... I wouldn't be able to pull through. I always wondered what actors did when they had to kiss in dramas. Like do you practice before hand? Or do you do it for the first time then and there on camera? Other actors made it seem so easy and natural. I was panicking! We made it to the apartment and I left the oblivious man blinking at the door.

 

"Hey do you want to watch a movie?" I called to him as I climbed the stairs.

 

"Umm maybe."

 

I laughed, "Maybe?"

 

I left my door open as I quickly changed into my pajamas. I heard him flop onto the couch downstairs.

 

"Well what movie?" He asked.

 

I came down with bobby pins sticking out of my mouth. I pulled my hair back and stuck in the pins, feeling free and open. Kyungsoo was dramatically draped across the couch. I chuckled and sat by his feet, turning the TV on.

 

"Let's see..." I scrolled through the guide until I saw an old movie I loved, "How about that one?" I pointed to the screen.

 

"50 Shades of Grey?!" He gasped.

 

I glanced back and laughed, 50 Shades of Grey was right above the movie I wanted.

 

"No! The one below it!" I giggled.

 

"Oh..." He visibly calmed down, "The Little Mermaid?"

 

"Yeah!"

 

He gave me a strange look before nodding, "Sure."

 

I turned it on and stretched my legs out over his. My toes wiggled on his thighs and I leaned against the arm rest, a pillow supporting my spine. Kyungsoo rested his hands on my ankles, tapping his thumbs to the beat of the music. The position was a very normal one, we displayed it often.

 

As the movie progressed I became chilly and goose bumps grew up my arms. The living room became cold as Ariel and Prince Erik rowed out into one of the most beloved Disney scenes produced. I saw that the blanket balanced between Kyungsoo and I on the back of the couch. I reached and grabbed it the same time as a slow Asian hand tried and failed. I pulled the blanket into my arms possessively. I was cold and I knew that this blanket wasn't long enough to cover the two of us. I watched Kyungsoo swing his head my way in question. I gripped the blanket tighter with a smirk.

 

"No." I grumbled.

 

"Rachel... I'm cold." He growled a little.

 

"So am I." I stuck my tongue out.

 

What happened next I didn't expect, he got up as if to go grab one from another room. Instead he began pulling on the one in my arms as I screamed refusals over and over. Kyungsoo was stronger than I thought he was. I tucked the blanket further into myself as he pulled. Suddenly he pulled it all the way until I slid off the couch and fell on the floor. I opened my eyes to see him falling as well with wide eyes. I closed my eyes and braced for an impact. I felt the air of it, but I was never hit. I opened my eyes to see him hovering over me, his arms holding him up from the couch and coffee table. I was in awe because the glow of the TV gave him a gentle and romantic look. The song from the movie began and it was like God was smiling on us and taunting us like "Oh just fall like this and I'll start the song like this and I'll make their lips look appetizing to the other haha I'm good". The song "Kiss The Girl" began playing and it couldn't be more perfect. Kyungsoo searched my face, his eyes darting from one feature to the next. He was just so handsome that I wished to never forget this moment and to never lose him.

 

"It's only for practice..." I heard him mutter as he leaned down.

 

I wished he thought of it as more than just practice but I knew that he thought more of it when our lips met in a shocking zap. He pulled back a second before going back, pressing his lips against mine smoothly. I breathed in his scent and it was like I had a push of intoxication. Without thinking I reached up and grabbed his shirt, pulling him deeper into the kiss. I didn't realize I had wanted this for so long until I had it. His lips were a soft smooth that graced me with a gentle ease on my nerves. Not only did they look heart shaped but they felt like it too. They had a soft taste of strawberry and chocolate and the flavor was addicting. Once the song ended, so did our kiss. Kyungsoo pulled away and stared into my eyes like he was trying to find something, trying to find the answer as to why we did what we did. Before we could even consider asking what just happened, Kyungsoo's phone went off. The song was "Hallelujah" by Jonghyun. The song was exactly what soared through my head (and probably my readers heads (;) He stuttered a moment before hurrying to stand and answer the ringing. I touched my lips and relished in the taste and warmth that lingered wonderfully. I sat up and jumped to the small scene of a spot of blood on the coffee table. That's when I realized that Kyungsoo had cut his arm when he caught his fall. I jumped to my feet and ran to the bathroom, pulling out the first aid kit. I hurried out and saw D.O in the kitchen. I blushed as I remembered the kiss. Our first kiss.

 

"I really hate you, you know that?" He growled.

 

I hurried over and set the kit on the counter, pulling out the items I needed to clean and dress the wound.

 

I heard a chuckle through the phone, "You can't hate me! But I have to ask..." There was a pause that even made me halt in my work, "Did you guys practice?" I recognized the voice as Kai's.

 

Trying to not think of the question I roughly pulled up his sleeve an ignored his whine's as I began cleaning the wound.

 

"Ow! What are you- Ow!" He whined and pulled against me.

 

"You hurt yourself..." I grumbled, "Pabo."

 

Even though I didn't want him harmed in any way I smiled gently because I knew that even though the wound might be my fault, it was my wound to heal.

 

"What's wrong?" Kai asked.

 

Kyungsoo hissed in pain, "I hit my arm."

 

"Did you bruise it?"

 

"Probably- OW!" He glared at me as I tried to gently apply ointment.

 

"Oh shush." I giggled.

 

He's such a big baby...

 

"How did you do it?" Kai asked, genuinely concerned.

 

I stopped working to wrap his arm as I waited for him to answer. When the silence continued I glanced at him. He stared at me with something in his eyes that made my heart swell and pound. I saw love and only love. I gulped and watched him smile softly.

 

"Kyungsoo? You there?"Kai asked loudly.

 

"Yeah sorry, I hurt it watching a movie. I hit it on the coffee table."

 

Technically he wasn't lying, but it still made me laugh as he avoided the truth.

 

"Oh... Did you practice?" Kai asked with an audible smirk.

 

"Yeah."

 

"Do you regret it?"

 

What?

 

I continued wrapping his arm, distracted as I waited for a response. What was he going to say? Did he regret it? I began tapping my foot, nerves exploding over me. I could see Kyungsoo staring at me out of the corner of my eye.

 

"Not one bit."

 

I clipped the wrap and felt my heart explode.

 

I don't regret it either!

 

I bit my lip and repacked the kit.

 

"Woah! You stud muffin!" Kai laughed.

 

This made D.O roll his eyes, "Oh hush."

 

I rushed the kit to the bathroom, putting it away. Without a single word I ran to my room and shut the door, locking it. I grabbed my shirt above my heart and tried to take deep calming breaths. I had the goofiest smile on my face and I felt like a teenager all over again. I was twenty eight and acting like an eighteen year old. Life was so surprising and wonderful. I giggled and stomped my feet around. I flopped onto my bed and rolled around, hugging a pillow tightly to my chest. I squealed and giggled like a little girl. My life was just so perfect today that I never wanted this day to end. I let out a happy and content sigh.

 

"I love my life..."