Part 16

An Idol's Dream

Rachel P.O.V

It was rough trying to get through the crowd of fangirls, but once we got to the door I just couldn't even think clearly. My mind was stuck on how comforting it felt to have Kyungsoo's hand on my back leading me upstairs. I felt so secure and at peace with his hand on me. But once the screaming came to a halt so did my thoughts. Everyone was silent and the boys were all turned, looking toward the street with smiles.

"CHEN!" Kai yelled right into my ear and I turned.

If Chen's here then...

Upon my eyes seeing the two of them shoulder to shoulder I screamed out in joy, "MONTANA!!!!"

The few fanboys scattered in the crowd turned to me with hopeful looks, "Who is Montana?!" They cheered.

Ignoring anything anybody said, I ran through all the fans and ran up to the street. I made sure no cars were coming before I ran across the street and jumped onto my Montana in a bone crushing hug.

"Montana!" I laughed into her hair as the familiar scent of vanilla entered my nose.

"Oh my god!!" She giggled and hugged me back just as tightly.

I pulled back and looked to the smiling Chen, "Hey Chen."

"Hiiiii!" He giggled with a broad smile.

"How have you been? You've been gone for a while." I ruffled his hair.

"I know... It's been a very bad week. My sister decided to move to America." He sighed.

"No..." I gasped.

"I don't like California right now." He hissed, "Everybody thought I wanted to talk to them."

"It's okay Chen, let's go have some cake." I patted his shoulder and spoke kindly.

"Cake?" Montana and Chen both turn to me with hope in their eyes.

"Come on." I laughed and dragged them along.

After making sure the street was clear, we crossed, Chen and Montana holding my hands. I pulled them through the screaming fangirls and boys and walked into the building with everyone. As we enter, the security guard, Lao came up to us was his most fierce look.

"Excuse me ma'am, I'm going to have to see your visitors pass and papers." He spoke to Montana in a deep voice.

"Hey Lao!" I peered into his field of vision and his face quickly turned into a smile.

"Oh hey Rachel! How are you today?" He smiled happily.

"I'm good, how are you?"

"I'm good."

"Well Lao this is my friend Montana, she is staying with me for a bit and I already cleared it with Moa." I gave him a serious look and he nodded.

He nods and waved goodbye before walking back to his post next to Eun Sang. They looked at each softly before returning to work. I raised an eyebrow but turned back to my friends anyway.

"What was that about?" Montana asked softly.

"Oh it was just the bodyguard, he was just worried that you were a fan girl just trying to get in." I shrugged.

Montana gave a fake obnoxious laugh before chuckling, "I CAN be a fangirl."

I shook my head and chuckled as we journeyed to the elevator. The seven of us looked between each other and then piled into the small elevator awkwardly. Shoulders to shoulders, chests against back and arms touching places on accident. Montana squeezed herself into the corner and kept her distance. I on the other hand had no shame as I was pressed, chest to back against Kai. I turned to her with a smile as Kai smirked at me.

"How was your flight?" I asked.

"Pretty damn good." She gave a mischievous smirk, "It's been a gooooodddddd day!"

I sighed, "Do I want to ask?"

"I'll tell you later." She smirked at me.

When we got to our floor we all piled out and all the air seemed breathable now. It all felt less cramped and open, my lungs could finally expand. We exited the elevator and stopped when Luhan and Sehun turned to Chen.

"You should probably go put your stuff in your room before coming by." They nodded and Chen smiled.

"Alright, I'll be there in just a bit!"

We watched his retreating figure before the six of us headed to my apartment. Kai took out his keys and opened the door for everyone. We walked in and the beautiful fragrance of cakes illuminated the air. Montana took off her shoes and I walked in, putting the groceries down and saying hi to Kyung and Kai, the two sleeping lions on the couch.

"Woah... It's so cool in here!" Montana exclaimed.

The boys come in and went into the kitchen, starting another batch of cakes. Montana came over to me with a concerned look.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Rachel... Why'd they follow us?" She asked, pointing to the guys.

"Because they're making cakes in here." I informed her.

"Alright." She glanced at the busy boys quickly.

That's when the thought hit me that I may have kept a VERY important detail out to her. I completely forgot to tell her that Kyungsoo and Kai lived in the room downstairs. As Montana walked about the apartment, taking in everything that my living space was, Luhan ran up to her with a smile and a small cake in his hand. She turned to him in surprise, and offered a weary smile.

"Rachel told us you coming... We made cake..." He held out a cute little purple and blue cake with a big M on the top, "That hard letter." He gave a nervous chuckle.

Montana glanced at me with a smile as she took the cake.

"Yeah... They had trouble..." I scratched my neck and looked away in slight embarrassment, "That's the fourth one..." I mumbled a little to myself.

"What happened to the other three?" Montana wondered.

"We ate them because they were failures." I sighed and she gave a cute "teehee".

"I'm not worthy of you." Montana giggled to her cake.

Luhan and I watched her take a grumbling bite into her cake before she looked at us with wide eyes. Expecting her to say it was bad Luhan leaned his forehead against my shoulder in sorrow.

"THAT IS REALLY GOOD!" She exclaimed and devoured the rest, disgusting Luhan slightly.

"She's a loud eater." Luhan grumbled.

"I know..."

Luhan shook his head and journeyed back to the kitchen. I watched Montana smiled at me, icing still on the tip of her lips.

"Who made this?" Montana asked the boys.

They all looked up and Luhan raised a timid hand.

"Luhan did."

"Oh my gosh baby deer." She giggled and her fingers noisily.

"Yep." I nodded as I watched her eating habits in slight wonder.

Kai turned to me with his phone in hand, an innocent look in his eyes, "I texted everybody and they are all going to come pick up their cakes."

"Everybody?" I asked in shock and he only nodded.

"Everybody?" Montana asked me curiously.

"Everybody is going to fit in here?" I asked incredulously.

"Don't worry about it! It will be okay."  Sehun smiled.

As we awaited for everyone to arrive, I divulged myself into a nice steaming cup of coffee, while Montana preferred hot chocolate. Kyungsoo quickly made Montana's hot chocolate while I sipped at my scolding coffee. With all the baking products laid out Kyungsoo added whipped cream and sprinkles to Montana's drink. He brought it to her and bowed when she thanked him. I pouted at him and he smiled ruffling my hair and giving my cheek a quick peck that did all kinds of things to my insides. Montana discussed the old days and then we thought of our high school days, which made us laugh hysterically as we remembered our old classmates.

Cakes decorated the entire apartment because they didn't have enough room in the large kitchen. According to the neat and tidy Kyungsoo, each group had a color coded cake. He had a list and each color was next to the band and each cake had the initial of the member.

As Montana was talking about my old house the doorbell rang and I excused myself from the table.

"I'll get it!" I called as I ran to the door.

When I opened the door I found SHINee standing in the hall with smiles.

"Hey guys!" I greeted them happily.

"Hey Rachel! It's been a while!" Taemin walked in and gave me a bone crushing hug.

Taemin and I were always close, along with Minho and Onew. Key and Jonghyun were always too busy to pay me any mind. The other three and I spent so much time together that we were known as the four musketeers.

"You guys here to get your cakes?" I asked as I gave Onew and Minho big hugs.

"Yeah." Key smiled.

"No, we're just here to see you."Jonghyun teased.

"Haha very funny."I grumbled and stuck my tongue out at him.

I invited them inside and we headed in, SHINee greeting the members in the kitchen. Kyungsoo had also started dinner, chicken, upon Kai's persistent request. Montana stood over Kyungsoo's shoulder, watching what he was cooking. She would frequently ask questions like "Oh what was that?" or "That's cool!" I stood at the door as everyone took off their shoes. Unlike everyone else, who journeyed immediately into the house after removing their footwear, Onew stood at the door with a blank look.

"Onew?" I questioned softly.

"I smell a smell... A sort of smelly smell that smells smelly... I smell..." He paused and glanced at me.

I sniffed the air and smelled something delightful, but the overpowering smell of cake was masking it.

"I don't know what it is... what do you smell?" I ask.

"I smell chicken, where's your chicken?" He asked openly.

I raised my hands in surrender, "Kitchen."

He placed a grateful hand on my shoulder, "Thank you." The next moment he was gone and I was standing there alone.

I gave a hefty sigh before heading to the kitchen. The moment I stepped into the kitchen the doorbell rang and I turned right back around. I opened the door and found the rest of EXO.

"We came as a group, but this one was taking too long." Chen growled at Tao.

"Do I smell something yummy?" Tao asked, ignoring Chen.

"I don't know if it's the chicken or the cakes your smelling." I shrugged.

They all walked in and took their shoes off, dropping them next to me. I looked down and raised an eyebrow.

Four of these shoes look like the same pair!

I looked around a little more...

I don't even know where MY shoes are!

After a moment of looking at the massive amount of footwear, I found my shoes, hidden in the corner with their neon colors sticking out. I stood there, watching the multitude of people walking around the room, it made my apartment seem smaller than it is. Before I can go anywhere, the doorbell rang loudly behind me and I turned in confusion.

How many people did they make cakes for?

I opened the door and found the familiar faces of some of the Super Junior members.

"I heard your having a party!" Kyuhyun laughed.

"Kai texted us and said that we needed to pick up a box of cake?" Eunhyuk's eyes twinkled in hope.

"What? We made you cake too?" I asked in surprise.

"Yep." Leeteuk smiled.

"Well come on in then." I smiled and let them in.

Ryeowook gave me a comforting hug before entering my home and taking off his shoes, heading to the kitchen with everyone else.

"Wow, you have a lot of people here..." Siwon glanced at me.

"Apparently everyone has decided to have dinner with me." I gave a hefty sigh.

At that they all chuckled and patted my shoulders and head. I smiled at them and looked around for Montana, only to see her looking at everyone in shock, even Super Junior. I giggled and watched her rush over to me.

"Rachel!" She hissed.

"What?"

"Are they from Super Junior?" She whispered.

I glanced at the boys and saw Leeteuk wave with a smile, "Yeah." I nodded.

"Damn it there's a party of hot Asian men in your house!" She whined.

The doorbell rings once again and I rushed over with a smile. Once I opened the door I froze. On the other side stood Moa and her new assistant, Bom. I gave her a strained smile.

"Bye!" I tried to close the door but her hands quickly stopped me.

"Hold it." She growled; her eyes swiftly travel to the shoe littered ground I stood on, "what is..."

"Party?" Bom asked as she tilted her head to the side.

"We decided to make cakes for everybody, so everybody came here all at once to get them and I don't know if they're staying for dinner or not..." I stared at them thoughtfully for a moment, "Would you like to join us?" I asked softly, hoping in some way not to offend her because we didn't make her a cake.

Moa pinched the bridge of her nose, "Sometimes..." She sighed, "... The Korean men in this house...." She huffed.

There's only two ladies inside... me included...

The thought popped into my mind to count how many men were inside at this point. I stood there with furrowed brows and began counting the members by groups. Once the number popped into my head I froze the sheer maximum amount I could

21 MEN?!

To my request Moa and Bom nodded and came inside, adding two to the female count. They immediately went into the kitchen and began talking to some of the men. Montana and I on the other hand moved to the farthest corner in the kitchen away from everyone, our eyes watching everybody's movements like hawks. Suddenly a joyful shout made me turn my head.

"Rachel!" Kyungsoo called.

Upon his request I turned to Montana, "Stay here, I'll be back."

I turned away from her and began my journey with her whining voice behind me, "No! Don't leave me!" She cried out.

I walked to Kyungsoo to find him standing there with a small frown on his face.

"What's wrong Kyungsoo?"

He looked at me and his frown deepened, "I don't know where my chicken went.... but my dish of chicken is gone..." He mumbled, showing me an large empty plate.

Crap! Where's Onew?!

"ONEW!" I screamed and everyone flinched.

Onew entered the kitchen with puffy cheeks and hummed at me in question.

"Hm?"

"Onew do you know where the chicken is?" I ask calmly, already knowing that his large cheeks contained some of it.

He shook his head.

"Onew." I gave him a stern look.

This made his adams apple bob and cheek slim down.

"ONEW." I growled a little.

"I'm sorry.... It smelled too good." He looked at me sadly.

I sighed and turned to Kyungsoo, "I'm sorry Kyungsoo... There's no chicken..."

He gave an angry sigh, "Alright, I guess we're having cake for dinner!"

I gave a deflated "Yay..."

I headed back over to Montana to see Chen and her trying to have a wonderful conversation. They kept laughing, which in turn kept me laughing. Soon Luhan came over to me with a smile.

"Hey."

"Hey Luhan." I smiled.

"So I heard you are writing some new interesting music in your room. Kyungsoo told me." Luhan gave me his well known devilish smirk.

"... How does Kyungsoo know?" I asked suspiciously.

"Well you should know by now that Kyungsoo vacuums your floor when you're at work." He shook his head like I was dumb.

"He what...?"

"Kyungsoo likes things very neat and clean and aparently he smelled cat litter, so he went into your room and saw papers everywhere.... or so he says." Luhan nodded like he was telling me the most interesting thing in the world, and believe me, he had my full attention.

"..."

"He said they all have very pretty music on them." Luhan smiled.

He wasn't supposed to look at that!

Panic started to ensure into my heart as I thought on the song I was writing about Kyungsoo. I was silently praying to god that I hadn't left the song out on my desk for him to see. It was a basic love confession to him written in a song. I took in several deep breaths, trying my best to calm my heart, trying my best to cool off that harsh head of mine. An idea popped into my head.

"Ummm I have to use the restroom real quick, why don't you go talk to Montana and Chen?" I suggested and Luhan smiled and nodded.

"Alright!"

Hopefully without anyone noticing, I ran upstairs to my room and closed and locked the door behind me.

Where are those papers....

I ran over to my desk and in a panic I begin shoving things across my desk, trying to find the papers. I finally find the stack I hide them in and I began going through the ones I wrote this year. I wrote a new song of each member every year, I had only recently finished the ones of the this year and as I went through them, my heart pounded mercilessly. I went through them all and found one missing... I dug through them again, thinking that maybe they stuck together, but no, I was right, one was missing.

Kyungsoo's song was gone.