Part 17

An Idol's Dream

I sat on the edge of my bed, the other songs laid out before me in a piercing manner. The last song was missing, my favorite and most hidden song... MISSING. I took in deep breaths because people always say when you're upset to take in deep breaths. Whoever said that didn't know me and my fear right at this moment because doing that just made me light headed and angrier. With a heavy heart I packed up all the songs and put them away, back in their hiding spot. My fingers lingered on the soft pages a moment longer than necessary before I pulled away. I left my room with an emotionless pull over me. The minute I walked out of my room I looked down and found Kyungsoo busy with swatting Kai's fingers away from some vegetables he was cooking up.

He's distracted... maybe I could go search his room for it...?

The darkest part of me was pushing toward going down there and unfortunately I was listening. All of those dramas and TV shows I watch were telling me that this was a BAD IDEA. But I ignored the thoughts that came to mind and went with instinct. With what I assumed was as sneaky as a ninja, I climbed down the stairs and slipped behind them, standing against the wall by their bedroom. I sighed and shook my head. I couldn't do it. I couldn't invade their private space for something I could just ask about. I sighed and walked into the kitchen to see Montana surrounded by most of EXO. They were all interested in what she had to say, but she didn't understand that anything she said, was funny. They would laugh and she would join in, but would soon stop her fake laughter and say, "What...?" I stood behind them, silently listening in and waiting for them to say something about her that could earn them a nice firm slap.

Tao turned to Kris with a smile, "She's so pretty!"

"Yeah, but she doesn't understand a thing!" Kris laughed back.

I didn't slap him because what he said was the complete and utter truth. I giggled and slid between everyone, going straight up to Montana with a strained smile.

"Hey Montana."

"Hey." She nodded to me.

I took in a long and deep breath before speaking again, "Can I talk to you?"

"Yeah go ahead." She nodded.

I excused the two of us from the boys side and pulled Montana to the corner of the apartment by the door where no one was standing. As soon as we stood there SHINee and Super Junior apologized, but decided to leave. With cakes in hand they all hugged me before leaving. Leeteuk gave a smartass grin before kissing me on the cheek and practically running for his life. I silently cursed at him as his legs took him as fast as possible to the elevator. As I was angrily staring after Leeteuk, Moa and Bom said goodbye and left as well. Some of the EXO members started teasing me and decided it was time to leave. That left only six of the guys inside and it made me happier that my apartment wasn't filled with people Montana didn't know. She becomes strange around people she doesn't know. Once the door closed I turned to Montana.

"Montana, do you remember the music I was telling you about the last time I visited?" I asked, hoping her memory could keep up.

"Uh yeah... The ones about EXO right?" She asked with a tilted head.

"Yeah!"

"Okay, what about it?"

"Umm... I just found out some disturbing news..." I grumbled.

"What...?" Montana looked shocked and scared at the same time.

"Uh... Kyungsoo decided to clean my room..."

"Oh snap..."

"Aaaaannnnndddd he found.... the one.... for him..." I trailed around my words with an innocent tone.

"WHAT!"

"Annnddd... took it."

"Oh you're screwed." Montana patted my shoulder as if to say farewell.

"I need to get that back!"

"Yep." Montana nodded.

"But how?"

"Uhhhmmmm... I don't know." She shrugged, "Just go ask him about it."

"That would be really embarrassing.." I whispered.

"Well just wait until he's alone, and then ask him about it." She nodded, "Just pounce like a panther! Ptcka!" She threw her hand at me like a claw.

Montana and I both began laughing to her silliness and suddenly Luhan came by us.

"Rachel..." Luhan whined a little with droopy eyes.

"Hey Luhan." I smiled.

"Hi Luhan." Montana giggled.

"Wachel I need go home, I tired." He pouted in English.

"Oh it's okay Luhan, go on home." I patted his forearm.

"Sehunnnie and I really tired and Chen need go home too." He pointed to the two in the kitchen.

"Alright."

"So the rest of us go home, except Kai and Kyungsoo of course." He yawned.

"Why except?" Montana asked.

...

"It's okay Luhan, just go home and come back tomorrow." I smiled.

"Okay, bye." He gave me a hug and waved to Montana.

So there went Chen, Luhan and Sehun and with them, the remaining cakes. Kai and Kyungsoo were standing in the kitchen talking about random things as they cleaned. Montana suddenly pulled on my arm and I was expecting the worst, I was awaiting for her to bombard me with questions I'd rather not answer.

"Rachel, I can distract Kai if you want and then you can go ask Kyungsoo!" She smiled proudly to her plan.

"No... Not right now." I shook my head.

"What? Oh... Alright..." She nodded cautiously, "Well aren't you going to tell them to leave so we can go sleep?" She asked.

I furrowed my brows, so sleepy I forgot I didn't tell her, "Why would I tell them to leave?"

"Umm because Rachel this is your house." She gave me a weird look.

I gasped, "I didn't tell you did I?"

"Tell me what?" She asked, crossing her arms across her chest sternly.

"Umm Sooooooooo uhhh Kai and Kyungsoo... actually live here...." I mumbled out.

"What?" She dropped her arms and had a blank look on her face, "Really?"

"Yeah...."

"Rachel...."

"They live in the room downstairs..." I pursed my lips.

"Well then... huh..." She looked around and clucked her tongue.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you beforehand!" I apologized.

"It's okay... it's just... I don't know... huh..." She seemed in a daze as the thought swirled in her mind, she glanced at me, "You !" She boomed before laughing.

I giggled to her silly self and we journeyed into the kitchen. I turned to Kyungsoo and Kai.

"We're gonna head up to bed." I informed them.

"I just want to sleep on the floor..." Montana giggled sleepily.

Kai's eyes drooped as he looked at us. He was completely exhausted and I could tell. Kyungsoo on the other hand looked as awake as ever.

"Alright, goodnight." He smiled but his eyes never looked at me once.

Heeeee knowwwssssss...

Montana and I went upstairs and got into our pajamas, proving that the bed was awaiting us. I wore baggy pants and a shirt that dipped over one shoulder, exposing the other. My hair was a mess and I took off my make up for the day. Montana was in a long baggy t-shirt and plaid pajama pants. Her hair was in a messy side bun and a sleeping mask hung low around her neck. Montana crawled into the side of my bed and immediately fell asleep, her snores echoing in the room.

I yawned and felt my throat become scratchy, "I'm a little thirsty... I'm gonna get a bottle of water." I mumbled to myself.

I walked outside my room and found it pitch black downstairs, all the lights off. I pulled out my phone and used the flashlight to walk in the darkness. After grabbing a bottle of water I headed toward the stairs, slowly trudging up them. Before I could climb too high I heard their bedroom door open beneath me. I froze and saw Kyungsoo walk out. I pondered for a moment.

Should I ask him about it?

I kept shaking my head, thinking that asking him about it was a bad idea. I wanted to ask, but at the same time fear held me still and my mouth closed. I sighed and took one more step before his sweet voice filled my ears.

"Rachel?" He asked.

I turned with a strained smile and shined the light up so it didn't get in his eyes, "Hi..."

"What are you doing?" He chuckled.

"I was thirsty so I got some water..." I mumbled.

"Oh okay..."

The next minute was filled with awkward silence as he stared at me and I back at him.

"S-So... What's up? ummm...." I started to stutter like an idiot, "Do you uhh... need anything?" I asked softly.

"Uh no I just uh... I'm getting some water as well." He nodded.

"Okay.... ummm... alright."

The silence surrounded us once more in a threatening way. I couldn't handle it anymore.

"Kyungsoo." I spoke his name at the same time as he said, "Rachel."

"You go first." I nodded to him.

"No, ladies first." He gave a knowing smirk.

Damn it... I don't want to go first...

"Ummm... I think you found something of mine.... that you weren't supposed to see... ummm.... and if you did... I'm just wondering... could I ummm.... have it back?" I asked thoughtfully.

His eyes widened and he sighed taking a step up onto the stairs, "That was what I was going to ask you about as well."

The moment he stepped onto the stairs my breath hitched and my heart pounded. Every time he was near I swore he could hear it, hear how badly I wanted him. He took another step up.

"I'm sorry... I was cleaning out the litter box and I saw it laying out and I saw my name on it..." Another step, "I started reading it and I heard you come home and I panicked..." Another step, "And I put it in my pocket and I ran to my room..." The final step, "I'm sorry."

He was standing on one step below me and my whole body tingled in anticipation. I was glad it was dark because if he could see how red my face was, he would've asked about it, which was something I couldn't explain... at least not yet.

"Oh okay.." My breathing was heavy and stuttering, "D-Did you read it?" I asked.

"Yes.." He grabbed my hand and began playing with my fingers, his eyes not meeting mine, "To be honest I actually like it a lot."

I stopped breathing for a moment as I recalled the words that I had written. My love confession to him was plain as day on the pages. I gently pulled my hand away and placed it on my pocket.

"Ummm... if you just want to leave it outside my door or put it on my room when I'm not home that's fine as well... umm goodnight..." I ran up the stairs and before I could get to my room I felt his strong yet gentle grip on my hand.

He spun me and cupped the back of my neck, "No... you don't understand... I REALLY like it." He whispered.

My heart fluttered and I gulped, not knowing if this was him responding to my love or if this was all a hopeful dream. I was getting goose bumps to his gentle touch behind my neck and I didn't know what to do with myself.

"Kyungsoo-ah..." I mumbled.

"Y-You could make that into an album... like make that song in an album." He told me and my heart stopped.

He wasn't agreeing to my confession, he was just saying that the song was album worthy. My hopes sank and his warm hand against my cold skin no longer provided comfort. The buzzing sensation I felt with him next to me and the hope I felt in my heart disappeared to a dull whisper and I pulled away from him, looking to the side, not wanting to meet his gaze because if I did, I feel that he would see the tears welling in my eyes.

"Thank you, but I'm very tired, I'm going to bed now." I mumbled and turned going to my door.

"Alright... I'll return it to you tomorrow morning." He mumbled and the sound of his feet going down the stairs felt like needles to my heart.

I went into my room and felt the overpowering feeling of tears come over me. With pain gripping at my heart and Montana sleeping I pulled out my phone and slipped some clothes back on. I sniffled and held in my tears as I called the only person I wanted to be with at the moment.

"Hello?" He answered a little groggily.

"Are you free at the moment?" I sniffled, the tears coming just from hearing his voice.

"Hm? What's wrong?" He sounded more alert.

"Can you meet me in the park? I need you." I began crying lightly.

"I'll go there right now!" He yelled into the phone.

"Where do you think you're going?" I could hear someone's voice in the background.

"I'm needed! I have no time to explain!" He yelled back and the loud bang of a door indicated he had left their apartment.

"Thank you." I whispered as I left my room and slipped my shoes on by the door.

"Rachel?" I heard Kai ask from behind me.

I froze, "I'll call you back in a second..." I whispered before hanging up.

I turned and glanced at Kai, his eyes were squinted and he had a bottle of water in his hands.

"Where are you going so late?" He asked.

"Kai... I have to go see someone, don't worry." I coughed out, covering up my tears.

"Rachel... Did something happen? Do you want to talk to me?" Kai asked, taking a step closer.

"Ummm... I'm going to talk to someone right now." I mumbled and looked back at the door.

"Rachel... why would you go out when Kyungsoo and I are right downstairs?" He asked a little angrily. At Kyungsoo's name I cringed and I knew Kai saw it. He sighed, "It's about Kyungsoo isn't it?"

All I could do was nod.

"Do you want me to drive you wherever you're going?" He asked kindly, taking a step toward me.

"No, that's alright, I need to walk to think." I mumbled and quickly opened the door, "Oh and Kai..." I turned to him, not afraid to show him my tears, "Thank you, I'll come to you next time, and... don't tell Kyungsoo about this..." I pleaded slightly.

Kai's eyes grew softer when I faced him before he made an X across his heart with his finger, "I promise."

"Thank you." I walked up to him and kissed his cheek, "Go back to bed."

I walked out of the apartment, my keys, wallet, and phone in my sweatshirt pocket. I was ready to not come back for a while. 


Alright my lovelies, don't kill me after the next chapter. Anyways, look at this gorgeous Jimin

Love you XOXO

-3- ~ <3