Part 12

An Idol's Dream

 

Rachel P.O.V

With a racing heart I slid my key into the lock and opened the apartment door, poking my head into the house in question. All that surrounded me was silence and darkness. I snuck in, locking the door behind me. I pulled out my phone and shone the bright light everywhere, making sure that mysterious kisser wasn't hiding anywhere. I hurried to the stairs, fear gripping me tightly.

That damn person made me skittish!

I was just about to go upstairs when the fridge decided to shift the ice and make a loud crashing noise. I screamed and ran upstairs, slamming my door and jumping into my bed, pulling the comforter over me for protection. I shook my whole body, trying to rid myself of my shivering nerves. The warmth of the blankets barely kept me in control of myself. I wanted to cry out in fear, but I knew the boys were asleep downstairs. If I were to cry out I know that they would hear and come running.

As if on cue I heard a knocking on my door. It made me jump and freeze, poking my head out and looking to my door.

"W-Who is it?"I stuttered.

"It's me." I heard Kyungsoo's familiar voice ring out slightly muffled.

My heart picked up speed upon knowing that he was there. I stayed silent for a moment, wondering to myself if I wanted to divulge in his company or not. I really didn't have an option because he opened the door and walked in quietly, closing the door behind himself.

"W-What do y-you need?"I stuttered, silently cursing at myself for doing so.

"Well I heard you scream and run around. Is everything okay?" He asked from his spot by the door.

I looked off, "I guess... I mean I became a little skittish tonight."

"Why?" He asked cautiously.

Oh there is no way in hell I'm telling him!

I paused for a moment and something flashed across his eyes that signified that he knew something that he wouldn't tell me.

"Someone ran into me on the road, hit my shoulder a little." I spoke reluctantly, lying to him straight up.

I saw him sigh a little sadly before walking over and sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Well are you okay? Do you need me to call Sehun?" He asked softly.

"No, anyone but him right now." I shook violently.

A silence broke over the two of us, "Did something happen between you two?"

Another silence broke over us like a wave. I didn't know if I should tell him.

If I told him would he go after me like Jimin and Jungkook will?

As I sat there, contemplating whether I should tell him or not, my mouth blabbered on its own.

"I'm going to break up with him." I confessed.

The small sliver of hope that Kyungsoo would go after me made me speak before thinking. I felt his eyes shift to me as his surprised voice spoke out.

"Really?"

"Yeah..."

"W-When?" He stuttered which initially surprised me.

"Tomorrow I think..." I mumbled out.

I saw him nod his head as if considering the idea.

What are you thinking right now Kyungsoo?

"Well, it seems like you've calmed down. I'll head back to bed, goodnight." He stood, about to leave the room.

In an almost desperate manner I grabbed his hand, holding onto it tightly. I didn't look him in the eyes as I spoke my next words.

"Stay with me."

I felt him tense and turn, looking at me in shock. My heart was racing and I didn't know what to do. The silence made me nervous and I closed my eyes tightly.

"If you don't want to it's okay." I started to pull my hand away when he tightened his grip on my hand, not wanting to let me go.

"I'll always stay with you if you ask." He whispered as he laid down on the bed next to me, not letting my hand go once.

Even though my heart was beating incredibly fast, I somehow fell asleep with him at my side. I slept with the person I loved most, and secretly, I was incredibly blissful. His warm hand holding onto mine was the sweetest and most calming thing I could've had that night.

*  *  *

I awoke to the sudden sound of the apartment door banging open and an obvious hyper Tao yelling, "I'm here es! Bow down to my almighty Gucci!"

When silence followed I opened my eyes, wondering what was going on and why Kai or Kyungsoo weren't yelling at him to quiet down. I realized I was having a hard time breathing, like my cats got 10x fatter over night. I turned my sleepy head toward my back and saw Kyungsoo sleeping soundly, his arms and legs trapping me under him. I widened my eyes and stared at him.

"Go wake Rachel, she'll probably tell us where they are." Chanyeol suggested loudly.

, , , !

I started to squirm, trying to get out of Kyungsoo's heavy grasp. When none of them worked I began hitting him, trying to wake him.

"Kyungsoo! Get up!" I hissed at him.

No sound came from him or anything that indicated that he heard me. Before I can try any more my door opened.

"Oh Rachel~! I've come to-" Tao started but stopped when he saw Kyungsoo draped over my body.

"Tao!" I yelled in a pleading way.

Tao started chuckling, "Xiumin! Suho! I need your assistance!" Tao laughed.

Suho and Xiumin walked in and Tao walked out, still laughing. Suho and Xiumin looked at me and smirked.

"Well that was fast." Xiumin chuckled.

"Shut up and get him off me!"I shouted.

They both laughed and Xiumin came over, shaking Kyungsoo. He just moaned and snuggled into me more. I got shivers and waited while Xiumin picked him up and dragged him off me. I scurried into Suho's arms and held onto him.

"What are you acting like this for?" Suho asked.

"Something happened to me last night that has made me kinda skittish." I whispered back, looking about the room in question.

"What happened?" He grabbed my shoulders and looked at me in concern.

"S-S-Somebody k-k-k-k-k-k..." I couldn't bring myself to say it.

"Somebody did something to you?"Xiumin asked in slight anger.

"Y-Yeah... They did something I can't even say." I shook my head violently.

Xiumin and Suho looked between each other in worry. We left the sleeping Kyungsoo in my room and headed downstairs, Suho's arms around me protectively. We walked into the kitchen and I looked about the room, seeing if there was anyone I didn't know. I realized that Sehun was not present and I looked at everyone suspicion. Suho sat me on a stool and had everyone face me. Many of them also seemed confused as to why they were here, but they were still attentive either way. Silence surrounded us and Suho smiled at me.

"What are we doing?" I asked.

Xiumin rolled his eyes, "Tell them about your decision."

"Decision?"

"The one we talked about yesterday." He sighed.

"What! I didn't know I was telling everyone!" I hissed.

"What's going on?" Chanyeol asked in confusion.

"Fine, if you won't tell them , then I will."Xiumin huffed.

I just sat there silently, letting Xiumin do whatever he wanted. I watched him look me over before speaking to everyone.

"Our dearest lady has decided to drop the rainbow boba and fly free." Xiumin nodded and everyone gasped.

"You had code names for us?" I asked in utter shock.

"Yes." Xiumin nodded before addressing everyone, "We know how he reacts to things, so let's watch over him and tell him all is good."

They all nodded and everyone split up like it was nothing and started to converse with one another. Chanyeol came running up to me, smiling happily.

"So you'll be single soon, huh?" He took a seat next to me.

"Yeah..." I nodded.

He nodded, "How about I take you out for dinner tonight? Let's call it a congrats dinner? Or an I'm sorry dinner, whichever you prefer." He smiled.

I smiled back, "Okay! Thanks Chanyeol!" I hugged him quickly.

Suddenly someone walked into the apartment and everyone went silent, looking at the figure that interrupted their chatter. My heart dropped and I let go of Chanyeol. My hands became cold and I looked down at my feet in complete terror. The person that walked in looked around in slight confusion before walking over to me.

"Hey, what's everyone looking at me for?"He whispered to me as he slipped his hand into mine.

"Sehun... I need to talk to you..." I mumbled and walked him over to the door, dragging him out and taking him to our secret garden.

I released his hand and went over to the bench, taking a seat and not looking up. This was the moment I had been thinking over for the past several weeks and even though I played the scene and exact words over and over in my mind, I came up blank. Sehun sighed and sat down next to me.

"You're breaking up with me aren't you?"He sighed and gave me a knowing look.

I looked at him in shock. How in the world did he know? And why was he responding so calmly? Was he expecting this?

"How did you-" I started but was cut off by his delicate eyes looking my way.

"I just knew it was going to happen soon. I saw how you reacted whenever I called you something sweet. I knew it was bound to happen soon." He chuckled like it was nothing.

"I'm sorry Sehunnie..." I bowed sadly.

He laughed and ruffled my hair, "Don't worry about it! But you have to promise me something." He gave me a pointed look.

I nodded, "Sure, anything!"

"Tell Kyungsoo how you really feel, oh, and don't let Chen fall for you." He smiled proudly.

"How'd you know about Kyungsoo?"

"I can see it in the way you look at him."

"Sehun I'm so sorry..."

"Don't sweat it! I knew it wasn't going to last. It was fun while it did!" He gave me a weak smile.

I gave Sehun a deep and crushing hug. I felt so bad for him, here was this sweet man who loved me unconditionally and I couldn't even return the feeling.

I'm so sorry Sehun.

I gripped his jacket in my hands and I felt him hug me back, hug me back desperately. It felt like the last time we would embrace in such a way, but I knew that it wasn't the last time. It was the last time as partners, from now on, it will be as friends. He pulled back and smiled at me softly.

"We better get back, they are probably worried about you." Sehun smiled.

I nodded and grabbed his hand in mine, squeezing it tightly. It had gone plenty better than I thought it would, but I still had a feeling that he was going to break down once I wasn't around. That's why when I got back I was going to have Luhan accompany him home and be with him. I felt his large hand release mine slightly as we walked into the apartment. All the guys were still there and I looked about them with an almost triumphant smile.

"So... How'd it go?" Baekhyun asked softly, obviously wondering if he should straight up ask.

"You guys it's fine. It's done." I shook my head at them and they all smiled.

They ran over to us and gave Sehun and I a big hug. Chanyeol winked at me and I smiled back. As everyone was patting Sehun and comforting him I remembered two men I was supposed to call. I excused myself from everyone's presence and went up to my room and saw Kyungsoo still sleeping on my bed. I shrugged and pulled out my phone, calling Jimin first. The phone rang twice before a delighted voice answered.

"Hello~!"

"Jimin-ah!" I giggled into the phone.

"Omo! Did you do it?! Can we go get coffee?!" Jimin sounded excited and it made me laugh.

"Yeah, I broke up with him, where do you want to meet? I have a date later so I can't sit with you for too long." I shrugged and sat in my desk chair, my back to my bed.

"A date? With who?!" Jimin immediately returned to his protective nature.

"Don't worry about it, I'll tell you later. Now where are we meeting?" I asked.

"Meet me at the Spazzing Cafe, you know where it's at right?"

"Yeah, I'll leave now."

"Okay, I'll see you soon!"

"See ya!"

 I hung up and gave a heavy sigh. I looked over at Kyungsoo to make sure he was still sleeping as I called Jungkook.

He answered instantly, "Hey! Did you do it? Are you single?"

"Yes, yes I am."

"And you're going to meet Jimin aren't you?" I heard him give an annoyed tone.

"Yes, and you can it up because it's payback for making him sleep in your dirty underwear!" I chuckled, "Next time I come over I'm not touching your underwear."

"Don't bring it up!"I heard him shout and it made me laugh.

"I'll talk to you later, okay?" I spun in my chair.

"Alright fine." I could almost see his pout.

"Love you Kookie!" I cooed.

"Yeah, Yeah, love ya too." He grumbled back before I hung up.

I stood from my chair and walked over to Kyungsoo who seemed sound asleep on my bed. I sat by his head and ran my fingers through his soft hair. I sighed and stared at his sleeping face. In reality I wished that Kyungsoo was the one taking me out for a celebration dinner after I broke up with Sehun. I wish he was the one that I called immediately to tell him the good news.

"Only if you knew... Only if you knew Kyungsoo..." I sighed and leaned down, kissing his forehead and walking off, heading out the apartment door and on my way to see Jimin.