Part 10

An Idol's Dream

I walked into the coffee shop with a nervous hop in my step, a fluttering heart, and a small frown on my lips. In all honesty I was scared to talk to Xiumin and Suho, I was afraid that I was going to tell them the truth, that I wasn't in love with Sehun in any way. I was afraid that once I told them that they would immediately tell me things like "I told you so!" or "You're going to break his young heart!" I was completely and utterly scared. I took a deep breath and walked up to the counter, asking for a Green Tea Frappuccino. The girl at the counter was extremely too happy to get it for me. Once she got it she handed it to me and smiled.

"I hope you like it Rearo!" She bowed, smacking her forehead on the counter harshly.

"Oh sweetheart are you okay?!" I set my drink down and reached across the counter, rubbing her forehead.

She was in too much of shock to even respond. She just stood there, staring at me as I rubbed her forehead thoughtfully. After a moment I pulled back, realizing the oddness of my actions. I bowed to her.

"Sorry."

"No it's okay unnie!" She smiled brightly.

"Just don't hit your head again, alright?" I smiled and poked her nose.

She nodded with a big smile. I waved to her, took my drink and headed over to a table. I sat there and contemplated what I should really say and what I should keep from them. Within moments two figures sat in front of me with coffee. I looked up and saw Xiumin and Suho. They smiled at me softly.

"Good morning." I bowed to them.

Xiumin flicked my forehead, "We aren't THAT distant, don't bow to me. Making me feel like an old man." He grumbled looking off.

"Sorry Minnie oppa." I hung my head and Suho rolled his eyes.

"It's obvious that you are worried about what we are going to say." He gave me a pointed look.

"Is it really that obvious?" I asked quietly.

"Yes!" Xiumin griped.

Ever since I got together with Sehun, Xiumin has acted this way toward me. He would get angry at me for the littlest of things or he would just straight up ignore me. I didn't know he had that kind of side to him and when Sehun first saw it he told me that Xiumin could be the breakup of us, but little did he know that he was right. Sehun said it jokingly, but I felt like there was a truth in there. Xiumin truly is the person that will right me. 

"Okay Xiumin, I think you need to back down." Suho hissed.

"Why should I? She's dating someone that loves her dearly when she is just lying to herself and saying that she loves him when she doesn't!" He growled.

I lowered my head so that my eyes were only on my hands that rested in my lap, "You're right." I mumbled, making them both stop and look at me.

"What?" Suho asked softly.

"Xiumin is right, I was lying to myself, I was telling myself that I was in love with Sehun when I really wasn't. That's why I was so scared today... I was scared that you two would yell at me and belittle me for not actually being in love with him." I felt tears drip onto my hands, "I don't want to break his heart, he's like a brother to me, breaking his heart is the last thing I want to do. Every time he calls me some sweet name or something cute I feel myself cringe because I don't want him to be the one to say that to me!" I cried out, my tears falling. I could tell that they had stopped and were intently listening, waiting for me to continue, not wanting to disturb my flow of confessions. "All those years trying to forget was agony and it was all for what? For me to date someone I didn't even like just to help forget? No! I'm back to where I started five years ago! I'm back to feeling the same way and knowing that I'm alone in that feeling! I barely got myself to come all the way here because I knew that I was going to regret anything I said." I sobbed out, knowing that after I said all that, I should leave, leave without hearing their input because I could already guess what they were going to say.

I started to blindly reach for my purse but I suddenly saw Xiumin grab it before me and hold it against him. The look in his eyes was not anger, nor annoyance or anything indicating he was going to brag, no, instead I saw admiration. He was staring at me like I had said something wise and perfect. Suho was smiling softly, looking to me like I had finally said something right. Suho stood and rushed over and hugged me.

"FINALLY!!!!!" He shouted happily.

I flinched to his volume and looked to Xiumin in confusion to see him chuckling.

"We thought you would never admit it." Xiumin smiled.

"Even though you had admitted to not liking Sehun, you still didn't say anything about Kyungsoo." Suho released me and returned to his seat.

I sat there quietly, observing their reactions that practically stunned me. I had expected anger, yelling, and maybe even some storming out. I didn't expect their acceptance and even joyfulness because of my words. I was suspicious about their reactions, but I was also trying to avoid Suho's recent question.

"I was expecting something else, something more harsh." I blinked, wiping my tears away.

They looked between each other, "Well you told the truth, were you expecting us to yell at you?" Xiumin asked.

At that I felt my cheeks heat and embarrassment strike me, "Kinda..."

Xiumin dramatically rolled his eyes, "Idiot, why would we yell at you for saying the truth?"

"I don't know, I thought you would tell me that I was a and that I was going to break his heart and... I don't know..." I blabbered and felt my stomach tighten.

"Well if you really want me too..." Xiumin started but Suho slapped him upside the head.

"Xiumin! Don't you dare!"

"I was just kidding!" He chuckled while rubbing his now sore head. 

This made me laugh and believe that everything was back to normal, that I didn't need to wait for their approval because it had already been given the moment I spoke the truth. 

"Anyway, stop changing the subject, what about Kyungsoo?" Suho urged.

I felt my stomach churn again and my throat become sticky. I didn't really know what to say about it, but I knew that if I said a plain "I don't know" then they would get on my back until they got answer out of me. Preferably one to their liking.

"I'm not sure..." I mumbled.

"What do you mean you're not sure?! You either like him or you don't, which is it?" Xiumin probed.

I stayed silent and suddenly they both sighed, "She likes him." They both turned to each other.

"What? How do you know?" I asked skeptically.

"We haven't stayed friends this long with us being oblivious Rachel." Suho sighed.

I cleared my throat and looked off, "Well now that you know everything I don't feel the need to discuss anything further." I stood, walking over to Xiumin to get my purse.

"Oh yes we do," Xiumin pointed to the chair I was recently in, "You go sit your pretty little down and stay there until we're done."

I grumbled a little, but listened to him anyway and took a seat.

"Alright, what else do you need to know?" I asked in slight irritation.

"What are you going to do about Kyungsoo?" Xiumin asked in complete seriousness.

"What?" I looked to him like he had lost it, "What am I supposed to do?"

Suho rolled his eyes, "Confess of course!"

"Why would I do that?!" I shouted in surprise.

"If you like him, then you tell him. Simple as that." Xiumin shrugged.

"Absolutely not!" I stood, slamming my palms on the table.

The two of them sighed and Xiumin handed over my purse, "Just observe him, see if your feelings are one sided."

"Tell us if you notice anything." Suho nodded.

"Oh yeah, and Rachel?" Xiumin smiled at me.

"Yeah?" I cocked an eyebrow up as I swung my bag over my shoulder.

"Break up with Sehun."

"I was planning on it!" I hissed and walked out, finally happy to get out of that suffocating atmosphere.

I walked down the street and felt my stomach churning and my head throbbing. What were they expecting me to do?! I wasn't going to just walk up to Kyungsoo and be all like "Hey Kyungsoo, I like you, we should date", no! That was nonsense! Now Xiumin was basically telling me to spy on him, observe whether he feels the same as me. I felt completely uncomfortable with the situation and what I could really use was one of Jin's home cooked meals. This caused me to sit on a park bench and pull out my phone. I dialed in my dear Jin's number and felt relief wash over me when he answered.

"Hello?"

"My dear oh so sweet Jin!" I smiled into the phone.

"What is this? What do you want?" He asked skeptically.

"What? I can't just call my precious friend without wanting something?"

"No."

"Alright you got me... I'm craving one of your home cooked meals right now. Please tell me you're in town." I begged through the phone.

He sighed, "Come on over, I'll make you something."

"You're a life saver!!!!!!" I giggled happily into the phone.

"I know, I'll see you soon."

"Yep!" I laughed and hung up, skipping to their nearby building.

Not only did I want one of Jin's AMAZING meals, but I also wanted their equally amazing company. I really needed company that didn't really know what was going on right now. I really needed Jin.


Okay, So I am sooooo sorry for not updating. *bows deeply* please forgive me! I had a lot of school work and it just screwed up everything. AND I I've been writing the next several chapters and my laptop decided not to save half of it... So I was too frustrated to write as well. Sorry my loves! 

BUTTTTTT in better news, I'VE BEEN ACCEPTED INTO THE COLLEGE I WANTED TO GO TO!!!! Aren't you proud?! *sighs* I'm so happy :D So I might be a panther going to University of Wisconsin Milwaukee next year! I'll keep you guys updates... even though you might not care. oh well!

LOVE YOU ALL! :3

P.S #J-Hopeyoureperfect