Chapter 47 - Infinite

Puwede Paki Sabi Na Lang

 

-recap-

The two of them stopped bickering and started to eat.

The whole time they were eating they were actively talking and sharing stories with Mamita and there she saw how the two kids love each other.

-end of recap-

Bond. That is what Kim and Gerald has that made them stronger as a couple. California was good for Kim and Gerald. Gerald’s house wasn’t that far from Kim’s place which made it easier for the two to see each other. Just like the old times, Gerald would come to Kim’s house frequently and when Kim is still sleeping it is his task to wake her up with any means necessary which obviously leads to another ruckus.

Their relationship is something that other couples would envy. They respect each other like their parents, protect each other like siblings, joke around like “barkada” and talk like bestfriends, and most especially, love each other like husband and wife.

The Barkada was informed about their relationship and they were all happy for the two, even Erich.

-flashback-

Through skype, the barkada was able to talk to Kim.

Kim: HI GUYS! MISS KO NA KAYO!

BARKADA: MISS YOU TOO!

Maja: Bakit ka pa kasi umalis eh!

Mel: OO nga! Balik na dito! ASAP!

Kim: Hindi pwede kasi nakipag kasundo na ako kay Mamita eh. Nga pala, may gusto sana akong sabihin sa inyo eh. Pero wag kayong magagalit or mabibigla ha.

Beauty: Ka-kaba naman yang sasabihin mo. Parang sobrang seryoso.

Empress: Oo nga ate Kim. Ano bay un?

Kim: Ano kasi. Gusto ko lang malaman niyo na may boyfriend na ako.

Kim was waiting for the girls’ reactions but there was only silence.

Kim: Guys?

And then everybody started throwing questions all at the same time.

Kim: WAIT! TEKA! AWAT MUNA! Isa isa please.

Everybody calmed down.

Maja: Agad-agad?! Meron ka na agad boyfriend diyan?! Bilis mo naman Kim! Landi lang? ganon?!

Kim: OA ka naman. Hindi ako malandi noh!

Maja: Eh anong tawag mo dun? Nagmamadali ganun ba?

Kim: Sira! Hindi rin!

Mel: Teka, sino bay an? Full name please. Friend mo ba sa FB?

Kim: Bakit? I-sesearch niyo sa FB?

BARKADA: OF COURSE!

Kim: Wag na! mapapagod lang kayo.

Beauty: Anong wag na! hindi pwede! Kelangan naming makilala yang boylalu mo!

Kim: E kilala niyo na eh.

BARKADA: huh?! O_O

Maja: May kakilala ba kayong kano?

Mel: Ako wala?

Beauty: Ako rin waley.

Empress: Same here.

Erich: Itigil niyo nga yan. Lahat kayo may kakilalang kano.

BARKADA: huh?! O_O Sino?

Erich: Eh di sino pa ba? Walang iba kundi si Gerald.

BARKADA: AHHHHHHH…

Erich: Kim pabayaan mo na yang mga yan. Hindi pa nag-sisink in sa kanila yung balita eh.

The two of them laughed.

Kim: Erich, salamat talaga.

Erich: Oh? Para saan?

Kim: Salamat kasi sinabi mo sa kanya. Salamat kasi pinakawalan mo na siya. Salamat talaga.

Erich: Ano ka ba. Wala yun. It’s the only thing I can do to repay you of the kindness you showed me. Saka tinupad ko lang yung promise ko sayo. Diba promise ko papasayahin ko si Gerald? Kaya pinabayaan ko siyang sundan yung kasiyahan niya.

Tears were starting to fall from Erich’s eyes.

Kim: Erich… Sorry kung nasaktan ka namin. Hindi naman naming gustong may masaktan eh.

Erich: Ano ka ba Kim. Ok lang. Hindi niyo naman kasalanan eh. Choice ko to. Ako naman yung umasa at nagpumilit kahit na simula pa lang alam ko ng talo na ako. Ako ang dapat mag-sorry. Kasi pinaghiwalay ko kayo dati.

Kim: Wag na nating isipin yung nakaraan. Let’s focus on the present and the future. Dapat happy lang. Ok?

Erich: Sure! Happy lang!

While the two of them were talking the others were at the back intently listening to their conversation.

Beauty: So yun pala ang nangyari. Kaya pala may drama sa airport.

Mel: Bakit hindi niyo sinabi sa amin na may ganun palang nangyayari sa inyong dalawa?

Kim: Ayaw na kasi naming kayong idamay. Problema naming yun at ayaw na naming gulohin pa kayo.

Maja: Oppps! STOP! Happy na nga lang daw diba! So stop na yang topic nay an! So paanong naging kayo ni Gerald? Eh andyan ka sa California?

Kim: Sumama siya sa akin. (^_^)

BARKADA: ANO?! O_O

Mel: Paano nangyari yun?

Kim: Sinabi ni Erich kay Gerald na paalis na ako and yun gumawa siya ng paraan para makasama sa flight ko. And during that flight. Naging kami. (^_^)

Maja: Grabe naman pala yang si Gerald! Effort kung effort! Pero I’m so happy for the both of you. Finally! Kayo na!

Empress: OO nga ate Kim. Ang tagal din ng ligawan niyo!

Mel: Teka, so that means magkasama kayo diyan sa California?

Kim: Yup. Ganun na nga.

Mel: And I bet kasama mo siya ngayon?

Gerald who was hiding at the back of the laptop showed his face to the Barkada.

Gerald: Hi guys!

Mel: Anderson! Ibang klase ka talaga!

Maja: OO nga! Idol ka na namin sa pagiging loyal! IKAW NA!

Gerald: Syempre! Kung mahal mo talaga lahat gagawin mo para sa kanya. Diba Kim?

Gerald looked at Kim which made her blush.

Maja: Kim ang landi lang! Tiningnan lang blush agad?!

Everybody started to laugh.

The whole conversation was spent catching up and exchanging stories.

-end of flashback-

Everyday for the two of them is a chance to recover their time which was lost since they were separated by Erich. Gerald tries his best to show Kim that he really loves her through surprises, gifts and sweet gestures. One time, the two of them planned a trip to the beach but it was not just any ordinary beach day, Gerald made sure that it would be something special for the both of them.

On their way to the beach, Kim was telling Gerald all her plans.

Kim: When we get there you should fix the grill immediately ok? Then we will barbeque and I mean a lot of food. So you better have packed a lot or else!

Gerald: I would forget about everything else but not the large amount of food. Knowing you. I can already imagine your mouth stuffed with different kinds of meat.

Kim: Good! It’s great if you know what I want.

Gerald: How would I not know your monstrous eating habit, eh we have been best friends for years already. And the worst part is, I always pay for your food.

Kim: So, are you complaining? Fine, I will never eat with you again. Kahiya kasi sayo diba. HMPF!

Like a child, Kim crossed her arms and turned her back on Gerald. Gerald found this amusing and kept on teasing Kim.

Gerald: Wow! It’s good to know that you still have a strand of shame in your body. This is good news for me. I wouldn’t get broke anymore because of your monstrous appetite.

He laughed right after what he said. When Kim heard his laugh, she turned around and started hitting Gerald’s chest.

Kim: BULLY! It’s not as if you would get broke because of my appetite. You’re too rich to get broke you JERK!

While shielding himself from Kim’s hits, Gerald can’t stop laughing.

Gerald: Kimmy! You’re so adorable! Ang cute mo talaga pag naiinis.

Kim: Ewan ko sayo! Bully!

Gerald took hold of Kim’s wrists to stop her from hitting him and then hugged her.

Gerald: I may be a bully but this bully loves you even more because of your flaws. So don’t feel bad ok?

Kim’s heart melted from what Gerald said. She can’t help but feel giddy because of what Gerald was doing.

Gerald: I was joking when I told you that it would be great if you would stop eating with me. The truth is I would feel really sad and depressed if you do. I would really miss the way you eat. It’s one of the things I always look forward to seeing whenever we are together. It amazes me how you look at your food with so much love. Sometimes I even feel jealous over your food.

Kim: OA?! Jealous over food? Seriously Ge?

Kim laughed.

Gerald: What do you want me to feel? Eh whenever you have food in front of you it’s like everything is forgotten and it’s only you and the food left in the world. You don’t even look at me when you eat.

Kim felt guilty for ignoring Gerald when she is eating so she held Gerald’s hand tightly.

Kim: If you feel that way, I’m sorry. I just feel so happy and excited whenever I see food. My focus is to eat it with much gusto. But promise, if you feel that way, I’ll try to focus less on food and talk to you more ok?

Gerald: GOOD! I don’t want to compete with food forever you know.

The two of them laughed. Their ride was full of laughter and sweet moments. When they reached the beach Kim was so excited that she skipped all the way to the shore leaving Gerald behind. She was twirling with her arms spread wide like it was her first time to see the sea.

Gerald was happy to see Kim that happy. He didn’t follow Kim to the shore but instead he just watched her twirl taking in the beauty of the sea and the girl who is very happy to see it.

When Kim realized that Gerald was not with her she looked around and when she saw him she gestured that he should come with her. Gerald was happy to oblige bringing their stuff with him.

They set their things on a good spot where it was not crowded. As planned, Gerald fixed the grill so that he can start the barbeque. Kim insisted on helping but Gerald refused and told her to just relax and enjoy the beach. Kim was hesistant for a while but the sound of relaxing and bathing in the sea was very tempting so she did just as what she was told.

Before Kim went in the water Gerald reminded her to put on some sunscreen but Kim was too lazy to do so but Gerald insisted and he won’t take no for an answer.

Gerald: Kimmy. You need to apply sunscreen. It’s bad for your skin if you go under the sun unprotected. You would get sunburns and I wouldn’t take the chance of you complaining everytime about how it hurts.

Kim: Fine.

Gerald: Very good.

Kim went to get the sunscreen from her bag and applied it on her legs and her arms but when she got to her back she was not able to reach some parts so she asked Gerald for help.

Kim: Ge!

When Gerald heard Kim yelling he rushed to her side.

Gerald: Oh?! Bakit?! Anong nangyari?!

Kim: Ito naman OA. I just want to ask you to put sunscreen on my back. Ang hirap kasi eh.

Gerald: Kimmy naman. Akala ko kung ano na ang nangyari sayo, yun pala magpapalagay ka lang niyan? Pwede namang hindi ka na sumigaw diba. Ang lapit ko lang eh.

Kim: Eh nakakatamad tumayo eh. Please, lagyan mo na yung likod ko. I really want to go to the water already.

Gerald: Pasalamat ka mahal kita.

Kim: Salamat!

Gerald applied sunscreen on Kim’s back and when he was through Kim kissed his cheeks as a sign of thanks and run towards the water.

They had a lot of fun. As Gerald promised, he grilled a lot of food and they ate a lot. They sun bathed for a while and after a while the both of them enjoyed the water; splashing each other with water, chasing each other and even racing. When the sun was about to set, the two of them sat on the sand anticipating the sunset. Kim was leaning on Gerald’s shoulders while his arms were around her shoulders. It was a beautiful sight; lovers cuddling while the sun was setting.

Kim: Look Ge, the sun is setting. Ang ganda no?

Gerald: Yup, it looks beautiful. But do you know what made it even more beautiful?

Kim glanced at Gerald with curious eyes.

Gerald: It’s watching it with the one I love right next to me. It made the sunset spectacular.

Kim: Thanks for feeling that way Ge. How I wish we could just stay like this; we’re together with nothing but happiness and love in our minds. No problems to think about.

Gerald: Me too. I want this moment to last. But I would also want to create more moments like this with you.

Kim: I love you Ge.

Gerald: I love you more Kimmy.

And they shared a sweet short kiss.

To sum it up, they had a wonderful time on the beach. But Gerald still has other plans for the day to make it more memorable for the both of them.

They prepared hotdogs and marshmallows for the bonfire that they made. Kim thought that they would only sit by the bonfire and roast mallows and hotdogs, but then a romantic song started and not just any ordinary romantic song but their song; “No Ordinary Love”.

Gerald stood up and held out his hand to ask Kim to stand up with him. Still in a shock, Kim took Gerald’s hand. Someone approached them and gave Gerald a boquet of pink tulips which he gave to Kim. Another came holding a stuffed monkey with a basket full of CRUNCH, Kim’s favourite chocolate, giving it to Gerald which again he gave Kim. After receiving the monkey, another man came with a rectangular box. Gerald took the box from the guy and opened it and took it out of the box showing a necklace with a locket that looks like a book. He placed the necklace on Kim’s palm and opened the book-locket showing a picture of the 2 of them.

Gerald: I’m guessing you’re wondering why it looks like a book.

Kim nodded as an answer because she can’t find her voice from Gerald’s surprise.

Gerald: Because I know how much you love to read books so I wanted to give you a book with our story in it. To be honest, I don’t know how to write a book, so instead I gave you this kind of a book. Whenever you open that book-locket it would be like you’re reading it and instead of reading through text, I want you to read through memories. Our picture is inside, so when you look at it, it would instantly remind you of our story, because the picture itself is our story. This book has no pages, it means the story has no limits, it’s infinite and that’s what we are. Our story will live on and will have no ending. Not even death would end our story. We will continue to create more and more memories together.

Tears that were pooling in Kim’s eyes started to fall. Her heart is overflowing with love that she is receiving from Gerald. When she looked at Gerald’s eyes she saw that Gerald was also on the verge of crying.

Kim: Ge, I don’t know what to say.

Gerald: You don’t have to say anything Kimmy. I just want you to listen and answer me when I ask you something ok?

Kim: Ok.

Gerald continued.

Gerald: I feel bad for asking you to be my girlfriend in the plane and not being able to ask you in a better way. This time, I want to do it the right way. The way you deserve to be asked. So here I am, once again infront of you asking you. Will you agree to be mine?

Kim: You already know the answer. And even without these things I would be happy and without a doubt say yes.

And right after Kim said the last word fireworks began to shoot to the sky.

Gerald took the necklace from Kim and put it on her neck. And once Kim was wearing the necklace they shared a kiss.

 …

THE END

This story has come to an end (after 2years?) and i want to thank you all for bearing with me and waiting patiently until i was able to update after a very long time. I'm really thankful that you guys appreciated my work. I love all the comments that you give, the reactions that you tell me and even your suggestions. They all mean a lot to me. Thank you so much.

I hope you enjoyed this last chapter. Love you guys....