Chapter 38 - PROM?

Puwede Paki Sabi Na Lang

 

-recap-

But what hurt her the most was during their senior prom. It was the day that Kim’s world and heart fell apart. It was the day when she saw Gerald and Erich kissing.

-end of recap-

I was their prom night. Kim’s date automatically is Enchong since they are still pretending to be in a relationship. Gerald’s date is Erich since they became very close after Kim dumped him.

The whole barkada was excitedly preparing they checked in to the hotel where their prom would be held. They hired make up artists for that night and had their gowns made by the famous designers. Everyone is happy because of their dates.

Their dates went to their rooms to take them to the venue.

The venue was decorated to look like the balls from the medieval period. There were elegant chandelier’s hanging from the ceiling, even ice sculptures. At the door, an arc filled with flowers stood and the aisle was covered with an elegant white carpet and a series of flower arrangements lead lined up on the edge of the carpet. The tables are properly arranged with an old lantern with flowers around at the base of it as centrepieces. Even the stage was highly decorated. It was like they entered another time period.

Couples upon entrance are requested to stand together under the arc for a picture and they are to walk on the white carpet towards their seats.

The program with the rigodon de honour started and after, the food was served. After dinner, the party started and students began dancing one song after the other.

The barkada was having fun dancing, but Kim passed and just stayed seated watching as her friends are going wild. Enchong offered to stay with her but she refused.

Enchong: ayaw mong sumayaw?

Kim shook her head.

Enchong: sige, samahan na lang kita ditto.

Kim: Wag. Alam kong gusto mo sumayaw. Sige punt aka na dun.

Enchong: wala kang kasama ditto. Ayaw kitang iwan. Saka tingnan mo nga pati si Anderson sumasayaw tapos ikaw naka upo.

Kim: hayaan mo siyang mag saya. Masaya akong nakikita siyang masaya kahit sa malayo at kahit hindi ako ang dahilan.

Enchong: Kim wag ka ngang mag mukmok ditto. Dapat magsaya ka. Prom natin ito. Once lang ito.

Kim: I know. Pero ayaw ko talagang sumayaw. Masakit kasi yung paa ko dahil sa heels.

Enchong: sha nga pala. Hindi ka nga pala sanay mag suot ng ganyan.

Kim: Kaya nga pumunta ka na doon at magsayaw. Go!

Kim pushed Enchong towards the dance floor. And again, she was alone. She was watching Gerald all that time. She saw him so happy but she can’t help but feel sad knowing that she can never be the reason behind his smile ever again.

Kim: (thinking) kung pinili kaya kita magiging ganyan ka din kaya  kasaya? Kung pinili kaya kita hindi kaya ako ganito kalungkot? Ako sana ang kasayaw mo ngayon. Ako sana ang dahilan sa mga ngiti mo. Ako sana, kung pinili lang kita.

A tear fell from her eyes but she wiped it away immediately. She decided to leave the venue and go to the hotel’s garden. She left a note on their table saying she went out for fresh air.

She went to the garden’s fountain. It was round and big with 2 layers and water spurting around the base towards the center of the 2 layers and lights of different colors on each layer. She decided to seat on the edge of the fountain taking in its beauty. It somehow made her feel peaceful, and for a while she didn’t think about Gerald and all of the “what if’s” along with it.

For about 30minutes she stayed at the fountain’s presence. When Kim decided to go back to the venue she was smiling, but as she came across the hallway near the CR her smile was replaced with a forlorn expression. It was like all the life within her was away and she was doing her best not to collapse.

Kim thought there would be nothing that would surpass the pain she felt when she dumped Gerald but she was wrong. It was excruciatingly painful to see Gerald kissing someone; kissing Erich of all people. Her world fell apart and her heart felt like it’s being stabbed over and over again. She surpressed her cry and tried to run away but she tripped because of her long gown. Right then, Gerald and Erich stopped kissing and looked at the person who fell on the floor.

Gerald was flabbergasted when he saw Kim sitting on the floor holding her right ankle.

Kim saw that Erich and Gerald noticed her so she used all her strength to stand up and talk.

Kim: I’m sorry for interrupting you. You can go on with what you were doing.

Kim was about to leave when Gerald was about to get to where she was.

Gerald: Kimmy, ok ka lang ba?

Kim: No. I mean yes. Sige alis na ako.

Then Kim took her heels off and ran as fast as she can.

Gerald: KIM!

As Kim heard her name escape the lips of the one she love she stopped for a while to look at Gerald but quickly started running again.

Gerald was about to follow Kim when Erich stopped him. Gerald looked at Erich with a look of confusion on his face.

Erich: Where are you going?

Gerald: I am going to follow Kimmy.

Erich: Why do you need to do that? Malaki na siya. Kaya na niya ang sarili niya.

Gerald: But, she tripped at mukhang her ankle was sore. Baka mapaano pa siya.

Erich: ok lang siya Gerald. If you didn’t noticed, naka takbo pa nga siya. Isn’t that a sign na ok lang sya.

Gerald: pero…

Erich: Gerald, ok lang siya. Wag ka ng mag-alala. And I’m sure aalagaan naman siya ni Enchong, yung boyfriend niya remember.

Gerald: ok. We should return to the venue then.

Erich just nodded and Gerald held Erich’s hand and went back to the venue.

Back at the venue they saw the barkada with Enchong but Kim was nowhere in sight. Gerald approached Enchong to ask if Kim was alright.

Gerald tapped Enchong’s shoulder.

Enchong: Bakit pare?

Gerald: Ok na ba si Kimmy?

Enchong: (O_O) bakit?! Anong nangyari kay Kim?

Gerald: Hindi moa lam? So hindi pa pumupunta ditto si Kim?

Enchong: hindi pa. Bakit ano ang nangyari sa kanya? Anong ginawa mo sa kanya?!

Enchong gripped Gerald’s collar.

Gerald: Pare, relax ka lang. Wala akong gagawin or ginawang masama kay Kimmy ok. At alam mo yan. Nakita kasi naming ni Erich siyang nadapa kanina eh. Tapos parang masakit yung paa.

Enchong: Kayo ni Erich? hindi mo man lang tinulungan?!

Gerald: I was about to help her but she ran away. Akala ko nga didiretso ditto eh, pero pag dating ko wala siya.

Enchong: !

And Enchong let go of Gerald and ran to look for Kim.

Gerald became very worried about Kim so he followed Enchong’s lead and looked for Kim.

He went everywhere and asked people if they saw her.

Gerald: sir, nakita niyo po ba isang babae naka pink na long gown tapos medyo mapayat tapos nakabagsak yung buhok with curls sa dulo saka tumatakbong yapak?

Sir: ay, sorry pero wala eh.

Gerald continued asking around but nobody saw her. He went to her room at the hotel but she wasn’t there.

He looked at the garden but still she’s not there.

He went to the guard and asked him if he saw Kim and finally he did.

Gerald: saan po pumunta?

Guard: lumabas po sir.

Gerald: saan nga pumunta?!

Guard: hindi ko po alam. Pero parang pumara po ng taxi pagkalabas niya.

Gerald: ! Wala po bang kasama?

Guard: wala po eh. Mag-isa lang siyang lumabas.

Gerald: Sige salamat.

After that, Gerald called Mang Cardo to fetch him at the hotel’s entrance.

Within 2 minutes Mang Cardo was at the entrance and Gerald immediately went in the car and gave Mang Cardo instructions.

Gerald: Mang Cardo punta tayo sa abandoned playground. Pakibilisan po importante lang.

Mang Cardo: Sige. Pero bakit? Anong meron?

Gerald: Nawawala po si Kimmy.

Mang Cardo: Ano? Alam na ban g mga magulang niya?

Gerald: hindi pa po. Pero wag po muna nating ipaalam. Kapag wala siya dun saka natin ipaalam sa kanila.

Mang Cardo drove at a very fast speed and they were at the playground. Gerald ran towards the swing hoping that Kim was there but unfortunately, she wasn’t there. Gerald sank to the ground and felt helpless.

Gerad: KIM! Asan k aba?!

He went back to the car and told Mang Cardo that Kim wasn’t there.

Mang Cardo: oh, nasaan si Kim?

Gerald: bakit niyo po sa akin hinahanap eh naghahanap din ako?!

Mang Cardo fell silent.

Gerald: Sorry Mang Cardo. Hindi kop o sinasadyang sigawan kayo. Nag-aalala lang po ako sa kanya.

Mang Cardo: Naiintindihan ko Gerald. Nag-aalala rin ako para sa batang yun. Napamahal na rin yun sa akin alam mo naman yun diba.

Gerald: sorry po ulit. Mang Cardo, mukhang kelangan na nating sabihin sa parents ni Kim na nawawala siya.

Mang Cardo: o sige ako ang tatawag. Saan natin siya sunod na hahanapin?

Gerald: ako nap o ang tatawag. Sa lahat po ng madalas naming puntahan dati. I’m sure she’s in one of those places.

Mang Cardo: Tiwala lang Gerald. Makikita rin natin siya.

Gerald: sana nga po Mang Cardo. Sana nga po.

sorry po kung hindi ako makapag update lagi... lagi lang po kasi may prob ung net hahahah pero sana po ma enjoy niyo :D comments?