Chapter 40 - What you want

Puwede Paki Sabi Na Lang

 

-recap-

Gerald: Kimmy.

Kim heard her name once again and so she tried to turn around and prove to herself that it really is him calling her name.

When she had fully turned around to see who called her tears streamed down her face.

Kim: G-Gerald w-what are you doing here?

-end of recap-

Kim: ! Kanina ka pa diyan?

Gerald didn’t answer Kim’s question but instead he went near Kim and was about to hold Kim’s arms. As soon as Kim realized what Gerald was about to do, she avoided his touch.

Kim: No Gerald. Don’t touch me.

Gerald: But Kim.

Kim: Just don’t Gerald.

Gerald: Why? It’s like you’re afraid of me. Kim, you know that I won’t hurt you right?

Kim: That’s what I thought. But in the end you still did.

Gerald: What are you talking about Kim? When did I hurt you?

Kim averted her gaze because she can’t stand looking at Gerald.

Kim: Just leave Gerald. It would be best for all if you leave me alone.

Gerald: I won’t Kim. I would never leave you.

Kim: Please Gerald, I need you to leave me alone.

Gerald: WHY KIM?! Why are you pushing me away? I don’t understand.

Kim: BECAUSE I WANT TO! SO PLEASE! LEAVE! NOW!

Gerald: This is a public place and I bet you haven’t bought this place so I can do as I wish. And that is not to leave and you can’t do anything about it. I won’t leave until you tell me why you’re here.

Kim: FINE! Have it your way! Stay here! I will be the one to leave.

Kim started walking past Gerald but she was stopped when Gerald took hold of her arm.

Kim: Let go of me!

Gerald: I won’t ever let you go!

Kim: You were able to do it before what’s the difference from now. SO LET. ME. GO.

Gerald: What made you think that I let you go before? I never did Kim. Not before, not now and not EVER!

When she heard what Gerald said Kim bursted out laughing while tears were falling from her eyes.

Kim: That was hilarious Gerald! I never thought you could be that funny.

Gerald: What’s so funny Kim?

Kim: You.

Gerald: Me?

Kim: YES! You and the things that you just said were hilarious!

Gerald: Kim. There is nothing funny about what I said.

Kim: Yes there is GERALD! THERE IS! ALL OF IT! ALL OF IT IS FUNNY! You know why?

Gerald just stared at Kim without answering and without letting go of her arm.

Kim: Well, for a starter you were funny telling me that you never let me go. I never thought you can be a great actor Gerald. Because that was a lie! You did! You already let go of me and that was clarified with me tonight.

Gerald: (O_O) What are you saying? You saw it?

Kim: Yes Gerald! I saw it! I saw everything. And I’m sorry for seeing it and interrupting you.

Gerald: Kim you got the wrong idea. It was nothing.

Kim: Nothing? Really? It didn’t look like nothing when your tongue was all over . But what the heck! I shouldn’t care right? I have no right to care. I’m just your “Bestfriend”. Right?

Gerald: Kim please listen to me. It’s not what you think.

Kim: Oh please spare me with your explanation. I DON’T NEED IT! I get it ok. I’m fine with it. You love Erich and I’m happy for the both of you.

After what she said she forcefully took Gerald’s hand off her arm.

Kim: I’ll be the first to leave. Goodbye Gerald.

Gerald: Damn IT! Don’t walk away from me Kim! Don’t get angry at me for what I did. Don’t get angry at me for what you saw because at the first place you were the one who dumped me! You were the one who chose some guy over me! Me Kim! The one that was with you longer! The one that loved you longer! The one that gave you his life! But I think the things I did were not enough because you still chose Enchong! You still chose to break my heart.

Kim was just silently listening to Gerald’s tirade because she knows deep inside that Gerald needs to let all of his pain out and this might be the only time for it so she decided to endure the things that Gerald would say even if it hurts.

Gerald: I’m sick of you avoiding me! I’m sick of your act! You think I don’t notice how you changed? How you act when I’m around? I do! I notice it so much that it pisses me off! I just didn’t tell it to anyone or confront you! Why do you act that way Kim? You make it look like I was the one who left you and dumped you when the truth is you were the one who did that to me! You should be thankful that I held on to my promise and that I never got angry with you for it! BUT ! I’ve had enough of your bull!

Kim was shocked with Gerald’s overflowing anger and angst. She never had seen him this angry and frustrated. She never heard him cuss this much as well which took her by surprise but she just kept quiet and continued to listen to him.

Gerald: Kim! Don’t act as if I was the one who hurt you! Don’t act as if you are the victim here! Would you blame a man for trying to forget? Would you blame me for trying to move on? Is it wrong that Erich was the one who was there for me to help me move on? Is it so wrong that I’m trying to love her because I know she won’t dump me like you?

Hearing Erich’s name and being compared to her made Kim flinch.

Gerald: But what I told you a while ago were all true. I was never able to let go of you. I was never able to forget about you. I was never able to love Erich. You know why? Because I still love you. And I think I won’t be able to love anyone else but you. I loved you Kim. I love you and I will love only you. I love you even after all the pain you made me go through. I still love you so much.

Gerald stopped talking and just stared at Kim with longing and love as Kim was doing the same. Silence hovered around them until Kim decided to talk.

Kim: Are you finished Gerald? Do you want to add any thing else?

Gerald just shrugged.

Kim: I want you to know that I’m not angry Gerald. I’m remorseful; I’m regretful but not angry. I understand the anger you feel towards me and I’m ready to take it all. Especially because I know that I deserve it for what I did to you. And yes, I am thankful because you held on to your promise and you continued to be a friend. I am happy that you were able to release all of those emotions from your system. I know these encounter and converstaion would make you feel a lot better. That’s the least I can do for you. Again Gerald, thank you and goodbye.

Kim was starting to walk away but then again, she was stopped by Gerald. He hugged Kim tightly from the back to stop her from leaving.

Gerald: Kim, don’t do this. Don’t leave me again. You know that it’s you that I love. It was only you. Please don’t walk away from me. Not again please.

Gerald was already crying as he was saying this.

Kim stiffened when she heard what Gerald said but laughed with tears at him afterwards.

Kim: Oh Gerald, don’t make me laugh. You don’t need to lie anymore. Kanina I let you tell me that but I still know that was a lie. You are just thinking that way because I’m the one here with you. Once we are back at school you would again realize that Erich is the one you love now. I understand ok. I understand that you… you d-don’t love me anymore.

Gerald: NO! You’re wrong. I love you. I really do. Haven’t I said enough?

Kim: Gerald, you don’t need to tell me these things. After all they mean nothing to me so let me go.

Gerald: I don’t believe that it meant nothing to you. Why do you keep on lying to me Kim?! Why are you hurting me through lying? What did I do to make you do these?

Kim: Don’t accuse me of lying cause I’m not. All the things I’m saying are true.

Gerald: Another lie Kim! I know you’re lying! I know cause I heard you.

When Gerald said this Kim became rigid.

Kim: W-what? You h-heard what?

Gerald: Yes Kim. I heard everything.

Kim: You were here all this time?! Oh God no!

Kim sank to the ground and Gerald supported her as she was descending to the ground.

Gerald: Why did you not tell me Kim? Why did you hide it from me? Why did you need to reject and hurt me?

Kim broke down and cried hard not able to answer Gerald’s questions.

Gerald hugged Kim to comfort her.

Gerald: Just cry it out Kim. I’ll wait until you are fine and you can tell me everything.

Kim hugged Gerald and cried on his chest. Right then she realized how much comfort and love Gerald gives her and it made her regret her decisions even more.

When Kim stopped sobbing she stood up and faced Gerald.

Gerald: Kim, can you answer my questions now? Can you make me understand why you did what you did?

Kim: Ano ka ba Gerald? Wag mo pansinin yung mga sinabi ko kanina lalo na yung sinigaw ko. A-ano lang yun… uhmmmm. Testing lang. What if lang kaya ko nasabi yun.

After saying this Kim started laughing.

Gerald: Kim stop this. Stop pretending. Most of all, stop lying. Stop lying to me and to yourself. I know that you are hurting I can feel it. I can see it in your eyes. So please, stop hurting yourself. It breaks my heart seeing you like this.

Kim: Gerald, whatever you heard that I said just forget about it. It doesn’t matter anymore.

Gerald: Yes it does Kim! It matters! It matters a lot to me! Knowing that you love me as well is everything that matters to me! I’ve been waiting for years to hear that from you but you never did. Why Kim? Tell me the reason for hiding it from me?

Kim: Gerald, please. Let us not talk about this. Masaya ka na kay Erich at masaya na ako kay Enchong it. Let’s leave it that way.

Gerald: Masaya ka ba talaga kay Enchong?

Kim: oo.

Gerald held Kim’s chin between his index finger and thumb to make her look at him.

Gerald: Kim look at me in the eyes and tell me na masaya ka sa kanya.

Kim: m-masaya ako.

Gerald: Alam mo bang hindi ka talaga magaling mag sinungaling. Kung hindi ka masaya bakit hindi mo pa itigil?

Kim: Dahil wala naman akong dapat itigil Gerald. At ito lang ang paraang alam ko para maging masaya ang lahat.

Gerald looked at Kim confusedly.

Kim: You wouldn’t understand.

Gerald: Then let me understand. Make me understand.

Kim: Gerald, mahal ka ng kaibigan ko. Mahal na mahal ka ni Erich. At alam kong gagawin niya ang lahat para mapasaya ka. Gusto kong sumaya siya at lalo ka na.

Gerald: Pero Kim. Ikaw lang ang magpapasaya sa akin ng lubos. Ikaw lang dahil ikaw ang mahal ko.

Kim: Hindi yan totoo Gerald. Mas mapapasaya ka ni Erich. At alam kong pinasasaya mo si Erich ng sobra sobra. Mahal ko kayong dalawa. All I want to see is your happiness.

Gerald: Paano ako sasaya kung wala ka? Sabihin mo sa akin Kim? Paano?

Kim: Love Erich with all your heart. Forget about me. I’m sure that would make you happy.

Gerald: NO! I know I won’t be as happy as when I am with you with Erich. Please Kim, don’t push me to Erich. Ikaw ang mahal ko. Ikaw at hindi siya.

Kim: I don’t want to push you away. I never wanted to push you away. But there are times when you need to put aside your own happiness so that the people that are important and dear to you would be happy. Sometimes you need to sacrifice your own happiness for the happiness of the majority. I don’t want to be selfish Gerald.

Gerald: So you are choosing to hurt yourself? To hurt me? To hurt us? Kim! This is not fair! I am involved and I don’t have a say? It was you who decided for the both of us? What about me? What about what I want? Kim naman. Can’t we be selfish for once? If being selfish would bring us together why not be selfish? We can face what others have to say to us together. If we are together I know we can change their minds. We can make them feel happy for us as well. As long as we are together we can do it anything. Just please Kim, give us a chance.

Kim can see the desperation in Gerald’s eyes. She caressed Gerald’s cheeks and Gerald held her hand that currently caressing his face.

Kim: Gerald, if only it was that easy. If only I can be strong enough to be selfish. If only I can be with you without thinking of what others would feel I would do it. But I know that we won’t be truly happy if we are together but we are hurting someone else. I know that you know that I won’t be. It would just lead to an unhappy relationship and I don’t want that to happen to us.

Gerald took Kim’s hand to his lips and kissed it.

Gerald: Why are you too kind Kim? Why are you too caring?

Kim: Because that’s how I was programmed. And I know that is what you loved about me.

Gerald: I know. This is one of the endless reasons why I love you so much. But do we really need to do this? Is there any other way? Anything?

Kim: Gerald there is no other way. This is the only way. I know you understand.

Gerald: Yes. I understand now. Is this really what you want?

Kim: Yes Gerald. This is what I want.

And tears started falling from their faces.

Gerald: I love you so much Kim. I would do anything for you including this because I know this is what you want.

Gerald hugged Kim and she hugged him back tightly.

sorry for the wrong update... :D hope you enjoy! :D