Chapter 35 - Pretend?

Puwede Paki Sabi Na Lang

 

-recap-

Gerald: Nope. I won’t. I promised her that I won’t do that. Kaya whether you like it or not I would stick with you guys. (^___^)

Erich: Of course we like it! Barkada ka na din naming no! (^_^)

Gerald and Erich continued talking ang laughing with each other not aware of the eyes fixated on them and a heart that is slowly breaking into pieces.

-end of recap-

Weeks and months passed third year high school is about to be over and everything went back to normal, well for everyone it did, except for one person; Kim. At school Kim is like her normal self, especially around her friends but it is all pretend. She tries to act that she is fine, that she is happy but just like what is written above, it is all an act. 

In the real light it is noticeable that something changed with her, she smiles but not the kind of smile that reaches her ears, she talks but she keeps her sentences short, she eats but only lightly and she barely goes out of their house other than going to school. Everyone is clueless of her change; no one suspects a thing because she is doing a great job hiding it, though only one person was allowed to witness her change, a person who says that he loves her, Enchong.

 Enchong is a witness of how much Kim changed. It’s no wonder because since the day Kim told him what he needs to know he knew that Kim needed him and even if what he does is somehow breaking his heart he would do it because he loves Kim.

It was when Kim told Enchong the truth that they started to pretend.

Enchong saw Kim coming out from the library when he approached her.

Enchong: Kim! Wait!

Kim stopped walking and turned around to look at Enchong.

Kim: Oh? Why? Do you need anything?

Enchong: No, I don’t need anything except you. (^_^)

Kim let out a small laugh.

Kim: Ang corny mo Chong!

Enchong: at least napatawa kita. (^_^)

Kim: Oh ano nga? May sasabihin k aba?

Enchong: Pwede bang mag-usap tayo sa may field? Wala na namang class diba? Importante lang.

Kim: Sure. Tara?

Enchong nodded and lead the way towards the field. When they got there, the both of them chose a banch under a tree so that it wouldn’t be too sunny and hot.

Kim: what do you want to discuss Chong?

Enchong: well… (scratches his nape) I wanted to ask if you want to be my girlfriend.

Kim was shocked with his proposal.

Enchong: I know. I know. This is not the number 1 in the most romantic proposal list, but I really want you to be my girl so I’m asking again. Kim, can you be my girlfriend?

Kim looked at the ground and played with her fingers without answering Enchong.

Enchong: Kim… If you don’t want to I’m fine with it. I will wait until you say yes. (^_^)

Kim: Enchong… Don’t. Don’t wait for me.

Enchong: (O_O) so is that a yes?

Kim: No. It’s a no.

Enchong: Just like what I said, I’m fine with it. I will just make you fall for me until you say yes. (^_^)

Kim: Enchong. I don’t want to hurt you. But it would never be a yes. I’m sorry. (_ _)

Enchong: W-why?

Kim: Because…

Enchong: are you in love with someone else? I thought I was the one you like. You told me. What happened? Why did it change?

Kim: I am. I am in love with someone else…

Kim’s voice begins to crack.

Kim: But I can never have him.

Enchong: Who is it? Whoever he is he’s stupid not to love you back. He’s stupid to let someone like you go.

Kim: He’s not stupid. I’m the stupid one.

Enchong: don’t say that Kim. You are not stupid.

Kim: Yes, I am stupid because I was the one who let him go when he was trying very hard to hang on. I was the one who left him.

Kim started crying.

Enchong: Kim, don’t cry. I know there is a reason why you did that.

Kim: There are just too many people involved, people who I care about and love the most. I don’t want to lose them. I don’t want to hurt them.

Enchong: And in order to protect them you chose to hurt yourself. You sacrificed. (sigh)

Kim nodded.

Enchong: Can you tell me everything Kim? So I can understand and find a way to stop what’s making you hurt. I want to help you Kim.

Kim: And you can. You can help me. You are the only person who can help me.

Enchong: Whatever it is, just say it and I would do it.

Kim straightened up and looked at Enchong with the most serious eyes and face.

Kim: Pretend to be my boyfriend Chong.

Enchong was too surprised to react.

Kim: Pretend that you are my boyfriend in front of everyone, in front of Gerald.

When Enchong recovered from the shock the Kim’s request gave him, he started talking.

Enchong: Gerald? So after all it was him. He loves you so much Kim. Just tell him you love him too and I’m sure he would accept it. Why do you need to make it so difficult for you? For the both of you?

Kim: I know that Chong. But like what I said too many people that are important to me are involved.

Enchong: But Kim, how can pretending help? I can’t see how.

Kim: I’m going to tell you everything so listen up.

Enchong just looked and Kim waiting for her to tell him.

It's time to know Kim's side of the story... COMMENTS?