Chapter 45 - Flight to HAPPINESS!

Puwede Paki Sabi Na Lang

 

-recap-

The Barkada hugged Kim while all of them are crying. After the group hug, all of them said their goodbyes to Kim. When they left, Kim sat down on a chair waiting for her flight to be called.

Finally, her flight number was mentioned so she went to her plane when someone took hold of her arm. Her body shivered from the touch.

-recap-

The person who took hold of Kim’s arm began to speak.

???: Miss, may nakita ba kayong isang magandang dalaga na papunta sa flight na ito? Payat ho, pero y. Mataas at long legged. Chinita at may napaka gandang labi. Mahaba ang buhok na ang sarap hawakan kasi malambot. Baka naman po nakita niyo siya, kailangan ko lang po siyang pasayahin bago niya ako iwan.

Kim didn’t turn to look at the person the whole time he was talking, she only did when he finished talking. Her heart started to beat so fast as if a herd of horses are having a stampede when she saw the person in front of her.

Gerald: Miss ok ka lang ba? Para kang nakakita ng gwapong multo.

Gerald said that line with a big smile on his face.

Kim: Gerald? Bakit ka nandito?

Gerald: I’m supposed to be on this flight as well. Eh ikaw bakit ka andito?

Kim was stunned because of what Gerald said.

Kim: Aalis ka? Bakit?

Gerald: May nakapagsabi kasi sa akin na yung taong mahal ko ay iiwan na ako. And take note. Hindi man lang nag paalam sa akin. Nakakatampo diba?

Kim: So aalis ka dahil nagtatampo ka? Ganon ba?

Gerald: Hindi. I have a different reason.

Kim: And that reason is?

Gerald stared at Kim and said.

Gerald: I’m gonna follow my heart. And she has my heart, that’s why I’m gonna come with her.

Tears came down from Kim’s eyes when she heard what Gerald said. When Gerald saw this, he wiped her tears and held her cheek.

Gerald: It is a fact that one cannot live without his heart. It is also a fact that I can’t live without you. This person standing right in front of you needs you, wants you and loves you.

Kim stepped back.

Kim: Gerald, we are already over. Matagal na diba. Tinapos ko na. Tinapos na natin.

Gerald: HINDI KIM! Ikaw lang ang tumapos. Hindi ako at hinding hindi ako papayag na matapos tayo.

Kim: Wala ng pupuntahan ang usapang ito.

Kim shoved Gerald so that she can pass through and get into the plane. Without looking back she went to look for her seat. It was a seat by the window and the seat next to her is still unoccupied. When she was seated comfortably tears kept on falling from her eyes. She continued crying even when she felt that the seat next to her is now occupied.

The person next to her offered her a handkerchief but she didn’t accept it.

???: Alam mo miss, papangit ka pag iyak ka ng iyak kaya itigil mo nay an. Bahala ka, hindi ka na magugustohan nung taong mahal mo.

When Kim heard what the person said she snapped without looking at the person next to her.

Kim: Sino ka para sabihin sa akin yan. Wala kang alam. Kaya pwede ba, tumahimik ka na lang.

The person was shocked with Kim’s outburst but he didn’t back down and continued talking.

???: baka magulat ka pag sinabi ko sayo lahat ng nalalaman ko.

Kim got curious about this person who thinks that he knows anything about what happened to her so she stopped crying for a while and looked at the person next to her. It was like WORLD SURPRISE DAY today because she keeps getting surprised.

Kim: Ano na naman ang ginagawa mo dito? Hanggang dito ba naman susundan mo ako? Anong part ba ng TAPOS NA TAYO ang hindi mo maintindihan?

Gerald: WOOW! Chill ka lang. Para namang ang laki ng galit mo sa akin. Akala ko ba mahal mo ako?

Kim: Lubayan mo nga ako. Tigilan mo na ako. Wag mo na akong kausapin. Wag mo na din akong sundan.

Gerald: Paano ba yan? Sabi ko pa naman I’m gonna follow my heart. Nasayo puso ko, kaya wala kang choice. Susundan at susundan kita kahit sa kamatayan pa. Pero request ko lang, wag ka namang pumunta don, masyado pa tayong bata.

Gerald was talking with so much ease and happiness that makes Kim more pissed off.

Kim: Mr. Anderson, please para matahimik na ako act like we don’t know each other coz after this flight I’m gonna forget that I know you. Have a nice flight Mr. Anderson.

Kim turned her back on Gerald.

Gerald: Ms. Chiu pwede bang bawas bawasan mo and pagtataray sa akin. Alam kong mas gumaganda ka pag nag tataray ka pero ano ba naman yung lambingin mo ako diba.

Kim just kept on ignoring Gerald but Gerald was persistant.

Gerald: Sige. Ganito na lang. Ipagpatuloy mo yang pagkukunwaring tulog ka or galit ka sa akin or hindi mo ako kilala. Tapos ako, kunwari mahilig ako magkwento ng buhay ko sa hindi ko kakilala. Makinig ka na lang sa kwento ko ha para malaman mo kung bakit ba ako nandito ngayon sa tabi mo.

There was no response from Kim so Gerald went with the plan.

Gerald: When this plane takes off I’ll start my story. I’ll give you a few minutes to think. By the end of this flight I promise, masaya na tayo.

The two of them fell silent waiting for the plane to take off, waiting for Gerald’s promise of happiness by the end of the trip.

The plane is now flying steadily and it is time for Gerald’s story to start.

Gerald: A few days ago, we had our prom. At that time, I thought the girl I love would never love me that’s why I gave my attention to a girl named Erich because I know that she loves me and I was hoping to forget about the girl I love through Erich. It was also during prom when the girl I love saw me kissing Erich.

Gerald paused for a while because it was a topic that he knows would make Kim feel very uncomfortable which was made obvious when Kim squirmed in her seat.

Gerald: You might be wondering why I was kissing someone who I don’t love. Well, you know what they say about feeling sparks when you kiss someone that you love. I was checking if there would be that spark when I kiss Erich, because I want to know if I love her already. I wasn’t taking advantage, if that’s what you’re thinking, it was supposed to be a short kiss but she was the one who… Well, how do I say it, deepened the kiss.

And again Gerald can sense Kim’s reactions by the way she moves in her seat.

Gerald: When I knew that the girl I love was in front of us while we were kissing I wanted to go to her and explain but Erich stopped me. And when I knew that she was missing everything was forgotten and I hurried to look for her. I went to every place where the both of us always went to before when I was still courting her and when we were still best friends.

Gerald stopped for a while because memories of those days were popping up on his mind and even Kim’s rejection popped up and pain shot through his heart.

They were quiet for a while but Gerald recovered and continued his story.

Gerald: I’m sorry for stopping, I just remembered something. Anyways, since I wasn’t able to find her anywhere I tried to think of other places that she might have gone to. Tagaytay was the only place in my mind. I was hesitating on going there because ever since she rejected me.

Gerald gave out a deep sigh.

Gerald: ever since she rejected me, I didn’t go back to that place. It’s because it was where I confessed to her and well, to be honest, it hurts whenever I remember that. But I really wanted to find her so I went there. To a spot that was very special for me and for us. And I was right, she was there and it was the best decision I made. Because that is the time when I found out that she loves me too. It was the happiest night of my life because we decided to spend it together. We wanted to experience to be together because for some reason she wants me to end up with her friend Erich. When we got back, she ended everything between us. I didn’t saw her until today.

They were interrupted when the stewardess approached them to offer snacks and blankets. After the stewardess left, Gerald continued to talk and when he looked at Kim she was still pretending to sleep even after the stewardess gave the snacks.

Gerald: Paninindigan mo talaga yang pagtulog mo? Ayaw mo bang kumain? Masarap pa naman. Yummmmm…

Kim still pretended to sleep.

Gerald: bahala ka, since tulog ka naman akin na lang yung iyong snacks. Ok lang naman diba.

And with that, Kim sat up straight and grabbed her snack away from Gerald but still ignoring him. Gerald laughed when Kim did this and even gave his snacks to her.

Gerald: Iyo na din ito. Masama kang magutom eh.

Kim accepted the snacks without looking at Gerald.

Gerald: back to my story. I didn’t know that she was leaving until an hour before her flight. Someone called me and told me that she was going to California. As soon as I heard this, I called my mom and told her to get me the same flight. Sometimes, it’s really usefull to have connections and be rich.

Kim snickered when she heard Gerald boasting his being rich.

Gerald: What? It’s true. I f it weren’t for being rich I wouldn’t be here right now. And take note, I’m seating right next to her. I saw her exactly before she went to the plane but she rejected me again. Do you know how big a hit that is to my ego. She keeps on rejecting me but I still pursue her and love her. Can you see how much I love her?

Kim: TSSSSSS….

Gerald: I’m just telling the truth. When we were seated on the plane, she rejected me again. The nerve right?! But nonetheless, I love her so much that I’m willing to leave everything behind for her. I was too much in a hurry that I wasn’t even able to bring any luggage with me. And still, she continues to ignore me as if I don’t exist. Even a guy as understanding as me can feel hurt you know.

Kim: Sino ba kasing may sabing sundan mo ako?!

Gerald: FINALLY! Nagsalita ka din!

Kim just ignored his comment turned her back once again.

Gerald: Before I forget, do you want to know who was the one who called me?

Kim didn’t reply.

Gerald: Silence means yes. It was Erich who called me.

Kim jerked from her seat and looked at Gerald with wide eyes.

Kim: WHO?!

Gerald: I said, it was Erich who called me to inform me that you were leaving. Well, I was surprised as well.

Kim: Why? Bakit niya sinabi sayo? Akala ko ok na dahil iiwan ko na kayo. Anong nangyari?

Gerald: May narealize daw siya when you were saying your goodbyes.

Kim: Ano yun?

Gerald: Na isa ka daw talagang mabait na tao at mabuting kaibigan. Dahil sinakripisyo mo yung sarili mong kaligayahan para lang sumaya siya. And also, she promised to make me happy right?

Kim: Oh? Ano meron dun sa promise nay un?

Gerald: Alam naman kasi niya kung  paano ako sasaya. And that is to be with you. She knows that I can only be truly happy if I’m with you. Kaya pinabayaan na niya ako, tayo.

And once again tears fell from Kim’s eyes, but this time not because of sorrow but because of happiness.

Gerald: Siguro naman, this time hindi mo na ako irereject. Dahil wala ka ng dahilan para hindi maging tayo. Hindi mo na kailangang isipin na may masasaktan kung magpapakasaya at magmamahalan tayo. At kahit pa makahanap ka pa ng ibang dahilan para hindi maging tayo sinisigurado ko sayong hinding hindi ako magsasawang ipaglaban ka at mahalin ka. Para mo akong libag, forever nakadikit sayo at hinding hindi mo ako maalis sa katawan mo.

Gerald held Kim’s hand and kissed it.

Gerald: Ms. Chiu, from this point until the end of my life, I vow to always stay by your side and love no one else but you. I love you Ms. Kimberly Sue Yap Chiu. Will you be my girlfriend? Not just for a night but until the day we decide to be husband and wife.

Kim: Yes! Yes! I will be your girlfriend.

Gerald can’t contain his happiness so he kissed Kim. Since there are a lot of people on the plane, Kim stopped the kiss shortly.

Kim: Ano k aba Ge, nakakahiya. Ang daming tao oh.

Gerald: Sorry, nadala lang ako. Sobrang saya ko lang kasi. Finally, you really are mine.

Kim: Yes Ge. I’m yours.

AYAN NA! sana nagustuhan niyo XD

BELATED MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!