chapter 36 - Reason

Puwede Paki Sabi Na Lang

 

-recap-

Enchong: But Kim, how can pretending help? I can’t see how.

Kim: I’m going to tell you everything so listen up.

Enchong just looked and Kim waiting for her to tell him.

-end of recap-

Kim: I love Gerald. I was about to tell him that. I was about to tell him that I want to be his. I wanted to shout and tell the whole world how much I love him, how lucky I am to love and be loved by one Gerald Anderson. I decided to tell him all of these on the day when the two of you had a brawl.

Enchong: how can that be when after the brawl you told me you like me?

Kim: Something happened before the brawl. Something that made me decided not to push through with my plan of confessing to him. That’s also the reason why I attended to you bruises rather than Gerald’s.

Enchong: What happened Kim? Why did it lead you to choose me over him? What is that thing that made you tell me you like me which isn’t true?!

With Enchong’s outburst, Kim was shocked and felt guilty so she looked at the ground and then continued talking.

Kim: Lyda happened.

Enchong: What?! What did she do to you?!

Kim: She did nothing but she told me something.

*flashback

Kim went out of the cubicle when she noticed a group of girls standing by the door. She was about to get out of the CR when the girls blocked her way out.

Kim: Excuse me, can you move a little. I need to go out.

Then someone from behind talked.

Lyda: You wouldn’t be going out yet.

Kim turned around to look at the person talking and she was surprised to see Lyda..

Kim: What do you need from me?

Lyda: I need nothing from you Ms. Kim Chiu.

Kim: then, can you tell you girls to let me through?

Lyda: Oh, not just yet.

Kim: Can you please get straight to the point? I still need to meet Ge.

Lyda: Oh! So you are going to meet up with my best friend.

Kim: Correction! Ex-bestfriend.

Lyda: (>_<) that’s where you are wrong! I am still his bestfriend! You can ask him for yourself.

Kim: Fine! Whatever. I just want to get out of here so can you please leave me alone?!

Lyda: You are one sharp tongued girl. I am still wondering what Gege saw in you.

Kim: Well, like what they say, if you love someone there are no reasons for it. (^_^)

Lyda: Oh Shut up! Spare me your cheesiness!

Kim: I would stop only if you let me out now! So let me out!

Lyda: So hot tempered. Patience is a virtue Ms. Chiu.

Kim kept quiet and just glared at Lyda.

Lyda: I just want to tell you again to stay away from Gege.

Kim: And why would I do that?

Lyda: Because I told you so.

Kim: Who are you to tell me what I should and should not do?!

Lyda: You are no good for my bestfriend!

Kim: And you are?!

Lyda: Oh God No! Of course not! I don’t like him!

Kim: Then why are you doing this?! Why are you asking me to leave him?

Lyda: It is for you.

Kim: For me? I don’t get it?

Lyda: I’m being a friend to you for asking you to leave him.

Kim: How can that be your way of being a friend? You want me to leave my bestfriend and the one I love.

Lyda: OOOHHHH (O_O) so you love him?

Kim: YES! So back off!

Lyda laughed at Kim.

Kim: Why are you laughing?

Lyda: I never thought this would be a great show. Are you going to tell him today? Is that why you are so eager to meet up with him now?

Kim: It is non of your business!

Lyda: Oh, it is. It is. If I were you I wouldn’t tell him that yet.

Kim: Why is that?

Lyda: Because I’m sure you wouldn’t want to hurt your dear friend do you?

Kim: (O_O) What do you mean by that?

Lyda: Well, I don’t want to be the one to say this but, one of your friends love Gege as well.

Kim: (O_O) w-who?

Lyda: say please first.

Kim: I wouldn never!

Lyda: Then too bad, I won’t tell you.

Kim: Fine! Please!

Lyda: It may not be the most sincere please I heard but it is enough. It’s Erich.

Kim was shocked to hear that Erich also loves Gerald. But she doesn’t want to believe what Lyda told her.

Kim: I don’t believe you! Erich wouldn’t!

Lyda: Well too bad honey. She does!

Kim: Liar! She wouldn’t hide that from me! We don’t keep secrets from each other!

Lyda: Do you want proof then?

Kim kept quiet but she is still thinking of all the possibilities that what Lyda told her might be true. Suddenly a person came out of a cubicle. Kim didn’t notice that there was someone else inside the cubicles. What took her off guard was who that person was. No other than Erich herself.

Kim: E-erich. What are you doing there?

Erich: Isn’t it obvious why? I thought you’re smart Kim.

Kim: Oh good. You can tell Lyda that she’s wrong. That you don’t love Ge right?

Erich: No Kim! You are wrong.

Kim: What do you mean?

Erich: I do love Gerald! I loved him before you did.

Kim: No! NO! This couldn’t be true! You are joking right?! This is all a prank right?! Is there a camera around here or something?

Erich: Stop making a fool out of yourself Kim. This is not a joke.

Kim: B-but. You never told me. You never told us.

Erich: I didn’t want to cause I know they would tell me to stop becacuse he was already courting you and it’s you who he loves.

Kim: Then why now? Why are you telling me this now? TELL ME!

Erich: Because I can’t take it anymore! Gerald already gave you 2 Years! 2 years Kim! And still you haven’t said yes to him! He placed you in a pedestal! He loves you so much but you always take him for granted!

Kim: I didn’t take him for granted! I appreciated everything he did for me.

Erich: That is not enough! I had it with you! It’s too much to see Gerald hurt for 2 years already! I get hurt whenever you reject him!

Kim: But Erich. I would say yes to him later. I would make him happy.

Erich: No you wouldn’t! You won’t make him happy! He deserves someone better! Someone who would love him the way he should be loved!

Kim: Are you telling me that that person is you?!

Erich: Yes Kim! Me! I would love him more than you can love him! I will give him everything he needs! I would make him happy! Happier than when he was with you!

Kim: You wouldn’t be able to do that Erich! I am the one he loves and I am sure that being with me would make him the happiest person in the world.

Erich: Don’t be too sure Kim. Maybe he loves you now, but I would make him love me and then I would be the one to make him happy. So give it up Kim.

Kim: I won’t! I love him! I won’t give him up!

Erich: I never wanted to reach this point but I need to do this. You need to pick Kim. Gerald or me?

Kim: (O_O) What are you saying?!

Erich: If you don’t leave Gerald I will be the one to leave, you would lose me, your friend since we were children. The barkada would lose a member because if you chose Gerald I wouldn’t be able to stand your presence.

Kim: Erich don’t do this please. Don’t make me choose. Please.

Kim is now crying.

Erich: Stop crying will you! That won’t work on me! CHOOSE! Me or Gerald?!

Kim: Erich, please. Don’t.

Erich: No Kim! I’ve had enough! Would you stomach the fact that your friends would lose a friend because you chose love over friendship?! They would lose a friend because you were selfish?! Can you fathom that the barkada would be ruined because you chose to be with Gerald?! Would you?!

Kim sat on the floor crying. Not knowing what to do.

Kim: I-can’t leave Ge. Please Erich. Don’t make me leave him.

Erich: You don’t need to necessarily leave him Kim. You can stay friends or bestfriends, but nothing more. All you need to do is dump him so that he would start opening his heart to others. So he can start loving me.

Kim: I can be with him? I can be friends with him?

Erich: Yes. Nothing more. Your pick Kim.

Kim: I can’t believe you are my friend Erich. How can you be so cruel! You’re so selfish!

Erich: I’m not the selfish one Kim! You are! You’re always thinking about yourself and not thinking about what others feel. You never thought of what Gerald was feelling for 2 years!

Kim: Stop IT! STOP IT!

Erich: Can’t handle the truth?! Well reality check Kim, yun ang totoo! You selfish brat!

Kim: Fine. I don’t want the barkada to blame me someday because you left them due to my selfishness. I don’t want to do this… but for my friends… Even if it hurts I will do anything. You win Erich. I will dump him.

Erich: You made the right choice Kim. Nobody should know about this. Keep it to yourself. Goodbye friend.

Erich, Lyda and her girls left leaving Kim crying on the floor.

Kim: Why is this happening to me? Don’t I deserve to be happy? To love?

Kim continued crying. When she felt that her eyes can’t give out anymore tears, she fixed herself up and then went to where Gerald was.

*end flashback

Enchong: I can’t believe Erich can do such a thing! She’s a trying to pretend that she is your friend!

Kim: Chong, please don’t call her that. Kahit papano nagging malapit ko siyang kaibigan.

Enchong: Sometimes being too kind is not right. Look at you, sa sobrang bait mo ikaw naman ang nasasaktan at nahihirapan.

Kim: Alam mo namang mahal na mahal ko ang mga kaibigan ko di ba. Kahit ano kaya kong gawin para sa kanila.

Enchong: That is why I love you, you know, that is why everybody loves you, because you have the kindest and biggest heart. Gerald is so lucky to be loved by someone like you Kim. Too bad he wasn’t given the chance to know that.

Kim: That’s where you are wrong Chong. I’m the lucky one to be loved by someone like him. It’s just unfortunate that we can’t be together.

Enchong: I’ll always be here for you Kim. I would help you. I agree to pretend to be your boyfriend. Pero sana tinanggap mo na lang yung proposal ko kanina para kahit hindi na pretend. (^_^)

Kim: (laughs) Sir aka talaga Chong. Syemre ayaw ko namang matali ka sa akin eh hindi naman kita mahal.

Enchong pretends to be hurt.

Enchong: Ouch! Kim dahan dahan lang ang tira. Masakit pa din pakinggan.

Kim: Sorry Chong.

Enchong: Biro lang Kim. Ok lang sa akin. (^_^) kung makakatulong say o.

Kim: Pwede kang umatras anytime ok? Lalo na pag nakahanap ka ng iba.

Enchong: matagal pa bago mangyari yan. Baka nga hindi mangyari.

Kim: Chong. Wag mo aong hintayin. Find someone else to love. Yung maibibigay ang pagmamahal na para sayo.

Enchong: I know. So, are we going to tell them na mag-on na tayo?

Kim: Yes. Tomorrow during lunch. Sabay ka sa amin ok. Ipakilala din kita formally kina mama ok lang ba?

Enchong: Sure. Ikaw ang bahala. Tara hatid na kita.

Kim: Umuna ka na muna Chong. Dito muna ako sandali, ok lang ba?

Enchong: o sige. Mukhang kelangan mo ngang mag-isip-isip. Text mo ako pag naka uwi ka na para hindi ako mag-alala. Ingat ka. (^_^)

Kim: Salamat Chong. Ingat.

Enchong left Kim to think.

Kim: (thinking) ang sakit pala to pretend you don’t love a person especially if you love that person so much. I never wanted to leave Ge. All I wanted to do was be with him, to claim that he is mine and that I am his but we can’t. I can’t bear the guilt of ruining friendships because I was selfish. I love Gerald, but I love my barkada as well. They were always there for me even before Gerald came into my life. To save my barkada from being hurt I did not only hurt myself but also Gerald and for my plans to work I know Enchong would get hurt too. Why did these things need to happen? Why did I have to choose between friendship and love? Why did so many people need to get hurt because of me?

As Kim was thinking tears just kept on flowing down her cheeks and unlike before, there is no one to wipe them away from her face and to hug her to make her feel better. There was no Gerald to do that anymore.

now we kkow what happened with Kim... Lumilinaw na ba ang kwento? hahaha COMMENTS? enjoy :D