Chapter 29 - Complicated

Puwede Paki Sabi Na Lang

 

-recap-

Maja: Edi ikaw na Kimberly Sue Yap Chiu ang mahaba ang hair!

Everyone laughed at Maja’s remark.

Kim: (>////<) magtigil ka Maja.

Gerald: Tigilan niyo nga si Kimmy. Kitang nag-blu-blush na yung tao oh. (^__^)

Kim: At talagang ginatungan mo pa. (-___-)

Gerald: Joke lang. Ito naman masyado sensitive. (^_^)

After that, the whole gang spent their day together making up for the time that Kim and Gerald was away.

-end of recap-

News of Gerald’s confession spread as quickly as wild fire. Just like what Gerald predicted, people started talking about them and his so called fans immediately made their move.

Gerald wasn’t with Kim during recess because he was asked by a teacher to do something. As Kim’s barkada was walking the corridors a group of girls and one boy or should I say girl as well approached Kim.

Girl1: so you’re Kim.

Kim: yes, I am. Why? Do you need anything?

Girl2: we just wanted to check the flirt that assumes Gerald likes her.

Kim: EXCUSE ME? Assumes?

Girl3: well yes! Assumera ka! Asa pang magkagusto si Gerald sayo.

Mel: Teka nga! Sino ba kayo ha?

Girl1: I’m Nicole.

Girl2: I’m Lyda.

Girl3: I’m Joy.

Girl4: I’m Trisha.

Girl5: I’m Rica.

Boy/Girl: I’m Alexander but you can call me Alexa.

Maja: And who are you guys again?

Rica pointed to Lyda.

Rica: Siya lang naman yung original.

Kim: Original? ano siya kape? May original, brown and creamy ganun?

Kim’s barkada laughed.

Lyda: Ang korny mo! Now I’m sure hindi totoo ang mga kumakalat na balita na may gusto sa’yo si Gerald.

Kim: At bakit naman?

Lyda: Kasi hindi siya magkakagusto sa isang baduy at korning katulad mo!

Kim: At ang kapal naman ng mukha mo para sabihin yan! Inggit ka lang dahil gusto ako ni Gerald. At sino k aba para malaman ang magugustohan at hindi ni Ge?

Lyda: Tulad nga ng sabi ng friend kong si Rica, ako ang original. Ako ang original na bestfriend.

Kim: (O_O) i-ikaw? Si Ly?

Lyda: Yes! I’m Ly. It looks like Gerald already told you about me. (smirk)

Kim: ah, ah… yes. He told me about you. (whisphered) you’re the one that got away… (_ _ )

Lyda: what was that? I can see you are fond of whisphering. So what was that you were whisphering about?

Kim: Uhmmm, no-nothing. That’s nothing don’t mind it.

Lyda: Fine. I just want to warn you to stop spreading pathetic rumors that Gerald likes you. Or else…

Someone cut Lyda off.

Gerald: Or else what LYDA? (-__-)

Lyda: Oh, Gerald it’s great that you’re here.

Lyda went beside Gerald and held his arm.

Lyda: You see, this wannabe girl (pointing at Kim) is spreading rumors that you told her you love her. I was just telling to stop it or else I’m gonna make her life miserable.

Gerald pulled away from Lyda and went beside Kim instead.

Gerald: Don’t you dare do anything to Kimmy. I’m going to be the one you are up against if you do. SO DON’T EVEN TOUCH THE TIP OF HER HAIR! GOT IT! LYDA!

Lyda: But Gerald! She’s the one at fault! She was spreading rumors about you!

Gerald: No she’s not! She has nothing to do with it! And they are not rumors! The things you heard about are true! I did confess to Kim and I do love her! So go. And bring your friends with you.

Lyda face Kim.

Lyda: (whisphering) I don’t know what you did to make Gerald fight for you like that but don’t be too happy. I’m not done with you yet.

Lyda and her friends were about to leave when Gerald said something.

Gerald: By the way, Welcome back Lyda.

Lyda turned around to look at Gerald.

Lyda: Thank you Gerald.

And they finally left.

Gerald: Kimmy are you ok?

Kim: ahhh, y-yess. I’m fine.

Gerald: Don’t mind Lyda ok. She’s just too sharped tongued.

Kim: So, she’s Ly.

Gerald: ahhh, yes. She is Ly my childhood friend.

Kim: I thought she was in the states.

Gerald: Well, she was, until yesterday. I just heard that she was back and then I saw you with her.

Kim: Ahh. Ok. We should get going. It’s almost time.

Gerald: Ok.

All of them went back to class. After that Kim and Gerald went on with their routine to go out and eat. While eating Gerald noticed that Kim isn’t herself, so he asked.

Gerald: Kimmy, is there a problem?

Kim: Ahhh, wala naman Ge.

Gerald: Kilala na kita Kimmy. I know there is something bothering you. Ano yun? Ayaw mo nung inorder ko? Papapalitan ko.

Gerald was about to stand up and order something else when Kim stopped him.

Kim: Ge, umupo ka nga. Ok lang yung food and sasarap nga e. (^_^)

Gerald: Kung hindi yung food, e ano ang problema?

Kim: Wala sabi. Kumain na lang tayo.

Gerald: No, hindi tayo kakain hangga’t hindi mo sinasabi ang problema.

Kim: ok, fine. It’s about Lyda.

Gerald: Why? What about her?

Kim: Well, I’m worried. She is scary you know. It’s like she has evil plans for me running in her mind.

Gerald: (laughs) ano k aba. Hindi ka kakainin nun or something. Nakaktakot lang talaga siya magsalita pero they are just empty threats. Kaya don’t worry ok?

Kim: Kahit pa, nakakatakot pa din no. Baka totohanin niya.

Gerald: Don’t be afraid. As long as I’m with you I won’t let anything or anyone hurt you ok? I’m your hero. (^_^)

Kim: Sus! Pa-superhero effect ka pa. (^_^) sinong hero ka naman?

Gerald: Ako si Iron Man ng buhay mo! Gwapo, matalino, mayaman, o diba? (^_^)

Kim: (laughs) galing mo ha! Ikaw na!

Gerald: Ayan! Ganyan dapat! Naka smile ka at masaya! (^_^)

Kim: Thank you Ge!

Gerald: Wala akong ibang misyon sa mundong ito kung hindi ang pasayahin ka mahal na prinsesa. (^_^)

Kim: (>///<) Kumain ka na nga lang diyan.

2 years has passed and Gerald is still continuing in doing everything to make Kim fall in love with him. They are already in their 3rd year in high school and still Kim hasn’t decided with her feelings for Gerald. Everything is the same with Kim and Gerald’s relationship, they are getting closer and closer everyday. Kim was even able to meet Gerald’s parents but through skype only because his parents are very busy and if they come to the Philippines they only stay for a day or two and Kim is busy or in school during those times. There was also a Christmas that Gerald went to the states to spend Christmas with his family. Kim was sad that Gerald left but she understands and Gerald comes back fast so she is fine with that. Even though the people in school knows that Gerald loves Kim it didn’t stop them from trying to court Kim and the girls still try to get Gerald’s attention. No one succeeded but one suitor remained; Enchong. He didn’t give up on courting Kim. His motivation is the fact that Kim hasn’t answered Gerald yet so there is still a chance. One time Enchong taunted Gerald which led to a fight.

*flashback

Enchong approached Gerald.

Enchong: Kamusta pare, wala pa din ba?

Gerald: Anong wala?

Enchong: Wala pa ring nangyayari sa 2 taong panliligaw m okay Kim.

Gerald: Ano ba ang pakialam mo?

Enchong: Sige ka, baka maunahan kita.

Gerald: Pare, tigilan mo na si Kimmy.

Enchong: Bakit ko naman gagawin yun?

Gerald: Dahil sabi ko!

Enchong: Eh ano k aba niya? Anong karapatan mo para patigilin ako?

Gerald: Bestfriend niya ako at manliligaw!

Enchong: Yun naman pala e! Bestfriend lang! Manliligaw pa lang! Hindi ka boyfriend!

Gerald: Pare kaibigan kita at ayaw kitang patulan kaya pwede ba! Tigilan mo na si Kim.

Enchong: Bakit? Natatakot k aba nab aka ako magustohan ni Kim samantalang ikaw 2 taon ng nanliligaw pero wala pa din.

Gerald: Hindi ako takot sayo o sa kahit na kanino.

Enchong: Oh really? So kung hindi ka takot bakit mo ako pinatitigil? Ganyan k aba lumaro Gerald. Papatigilin mo ang kalaban para wala ka ng kakumpetensya. Duwag ka pala eh.

Gerald: Pare, hindi kita kalaban at lalong hindi laro ito. Hindi isang kumpetisyon si Kimmy.

Enchong: Tama ka, hindi siya kumpetisyon. Pero totoo naman diba! Duwag ka kaya pinatitigil mo ako.

Gerald: Uulitin ko hindi ako duwag. Nakukulitan na kasi siya sa’yo kaya pinatitigil na kita got it?!

Enchong: Sa akin nakukulitan? Baka naman sa’yo! Para ka kasing asong sunod ng sunod sa kanya.

Gerald: Bahala ka sa buhay mo, hindi ako pumapatol sa isang katulad mo. walang kwenta. TSSS

Enchong: eh G*GO ka pala eh.

Enchong attacked Gerald and punched him in the face. Gerald retaliated and they began to get attention from the crowd.

Maja was the one to run towards Kim to tell her what was happening. After she heard the word Gerald and fight in the same sentence she rushed to the scene and pulled Enchong away from Gerald and yelled.

Kim: YAHHHH! Ano ba problema niyo?! Bakit kayo nagbubugbugan?!

Gerald got up and walked away.

Kim: Ge! Saan ka pupunta?

Gerald: Uuwi na ako.

Gerald continued walking away. On the other side Kim tend to Enchong’s bruises.

*end of flashback

After that fight Gerald was cold with Kim for weeks. Kim was bothered so she asked Gerald, but eveytime she tries to talk to Gerald he just says its nothing or walks away. She even went to Gerald’s house but the maids would tell her he’s out. Kim was very worried so one time she asked her friends for help.

Gerald was at home reading a book when his phone rang.

Gerald: Hello, who’s this?

Mel: Gerald! Si Kim!

Gerald: (O_O) ANONG NANGYARI KAY KIMMY?

Mel: Nasa TOOOOOOT hospital siya ngayon.

Gerald: WHAT?! BAKIT?

Mel: Nabunggo…

Mel wasn’t able to finish what she was saying when she heard the dial tone which means Gerald already turned off the phone.

After 5 minutes, they say Gerald running and all sweaty. He asked for the room and as they told him he immediately run towards the room. When he entered the room, he saw no one and then he heard the door slam shut and the lock click. He went to the door and found it locked. He tried to open it but he wasn’t able to. He even pounded the door and yelled “open the freakin’ door Kimmy needs me”. Right after he said that someone from behind spoke.

Kim: Ge…

Gerald was surprised to hear her voice so he turned around and when he saw Kim, he run towards her and hugged her tightly.

Gerald: Oh Thank God you are Ok.

Kim: Ge…

Gerald: Shhhh… don’t talk. Let’s stay like this for a while.

After 3 minutes, Gerald pulled away and looked closely at Kim’s face and arms.

Gerald: It’s good to know nothing bad happened to you. You don’t know how worried I was.

Kim: You are not angry?

Gerald: For what?

Kim: For tricking you..

Gerald: No. I’m just happy that you are alive and not a bruise in sight. (^_^) But I really need to know why you guys tricked me and almost gave me a heart attack. (-____-)

Kim: Ahhh, well… You see…

Gerald: Kim… Spill it! (-___-)

Kim: (very fast) well I got desperate because you weren’t talking to me and you are hiding from me and I don’t know why so I went to ask for my friends help and they were the ones who came up with the idea I was against it at first but they convinced me so now here you are locked up inside a hospital room with me.

Gerald: That was fast. Can we go out now?

Kim: EEEHHHHH! You are still avoiding me! So no!

Gerald: What should I do to make you let me out of this room?

Kim: Tell me why you have been avoiding me and not talking to me!

Gerald: You want the truth?

Kim: I don’t know. I’m afraid of what you will say.

Gerald: But you want to know why right? And I want to get out now so I will tell you.

Kim: WAIT! Stop!

Gerald: Why?

Kim: Coz I’m afraid.

Gerald: of what?

Kim: Of your reason. I’m afraid that what you’re gonna say will hurt.

Gerald: Tell me, what do you think my reason is.

Kim: that, you are already tired of me. Of waiting for my answer. That you don’t love me anymore. (;_;)

Gerald: What is so scary about that? Look at me. Nothing bad happened to me and you don’t love me. What is scary for you if I don’t love you anymore?

Kim: Ge… So is it true? You don’t love me any more. (;__;)

Gerald: What if it is true?

Kim remained quiet with tears streaming down her face.

Kim: I’m sorry if got tired, I’m sorry for keeping you waiting, I’m sorry…

Gerald approached Kim and held her chin up.

Gerald: Kimmy why are you crying? Don’t. You know how I hate seeing you cry.

Kim: DAMN YOU GERALD!

Kim started hitting Gerald’s chest so he hugged her to stop her but it was no use she was still hitting him.

Kim: DAMN YOU! YOU TOLD ME YOU WON’T LEAVE ME! YOU TOLD ME NOTHING WOULD CHANGE EVEN IF I SAID NO! YOU PROMISED! You promised me. (TT____TT)

Gerald: I did, and I am fullfiling those promises. I won’t leave you ok. And just for the record. I still love you.

After hearing what Gerald said, Kim broke off from the hug.

Kim: (O_O) what are you saying? You just told me you don’t love me anymore.

Gerald: I never said that. I just asked what if. (^_^)

Kim: So does that mean that’s not the reason why you were avoiding me.

Gerald: Yes. It isn’t and it will never be.

Kim: But what is it? What is the reason? Tell me. Stop playing with my feelings.

Gerald: I got tired.

Kim: You go tired? But you said you still love me.

Gerald: And I do. Getting tired and not loving are different things.

Kim: I’m still confused.

Gerald: Remember the fight with Enchong? Well, he said some things to me. After the fight, when you pulled him instead of me. When you tended to his bruises and not mine it hit me. He was right.

Kim: Right about what?

Gerald: That “Bestfriend lang ako! Manliligaw lang ako! Hindi ako boyfriend!” na “para akong asong sunod ng sunod sayo”.

Kim: Ge…

Gerald: He was right Kimmy. And it seems like I will only be those and never anything more. I will be the dog who runs around with its master even though she doesn’t care about me and it hurts. You know what hurts the most? Seeing you care for him more and seeing that it’s like you feel something for him. I got tired Kimmy. I got tired of hoping or better yet wishing for something that seems impossible to happen. I have already been wishing for 2 years and it gets tiring. So I rested for a while. Is it too much to ask for some time to think if it’s still worth it?

Kim: Gerald, I’m sorry.

Gerald: Ayan ka na naman sa pag-so-sorry eh. Wala kang kasalanan. Ako ang pumili nito. Ako ang nagpumilit ditto. I just want to know one thing Kimmy. I think I deserve a straight answer.

Kim: What is it Ge?

Gerald: Do you like Enchong?

Ayan na! Simula na ng gulo... OH NO! Ano kaya ang sagot ni Kim? COMMENT? XD