Chapter 21 - Revelation

Puwede Paki Sabi Na Lang

 

-recap-

Gerald: Ah, wala. Puntahan ko na si Mang Cardo. Pumasok ka na sa kotse, baka masyado ka lamigin. Eto, gamitin mo muna jacket ko.

Gerald took his jacket and placed it over Kim’s shoulder.

Kim: uhmmm, thank you Ge.

After that Kim went inside the car and Gerald went to get Mang Cardo. They drove to the Hotel that they would stay at for 7 days and 8 nights.

-end of recap-

When they arrived at the hotel, Kim was in awe of what she is seeing. This is because the hotel looks so sophisticated with chandeliers lavish furniture, best quality marble flooring and a very relaxing ambiance.

Kim: Ge!

Gerald: Why Kimmy? What’s wrong?

Kim: I think we got lost.

Gerald: Huh? No, we are at exact destination.

Kim: How could that happen? This hotel looks so expensive. Maybe Mang Cardo had a mix up with the directions.

Gerald: Kimmy, listen. We are not lost. We really are going to stay in these (air quote)“expensive” hotel. Ok?

Kim: B-but? I can’t afford this luxury.

Gerald: Stop worrying ok? I got this. Just relax.

Kim was still in shock because of what Gerald told her. She knows that Gerald is rich but she didn’t think that he was too rich to pay for a hotel like this especially because they are to stay there for 7 days and 8 nights.

Gerald left Kim sitting in the lobby to go to the receptionist. Kim felt really uncomfortable so she followed Gerald to the receptionist.

Gerald: I would like to get the keys for our room.

 Receptionist: Here is the key for the penthouse sir.

Kim heard what the receptionist just said.

Kim: PENTHOUSE?!

Kim caught the attention of some guests and staff.

Kim: Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. (bowing)

Gerald: Kimmy. What are you doing here? I told you to stay there.

Kim: Well, I felt really uncomfortable staying at a place like this so I followed you. But, PENTHOUSE? Are you for real?! That is VERY and I mean VERY expensive. It would cost you a fortune Ge.

Gerald took the keys from the receptionist and said thank you. Then, he took Kim’s arm and dragged her towards the elevator which is separated from the other elevators because it is the only way to the penthouse.

Kim: Hey, hey! You’re hurting me.

Gerald stopped and let go of Kim’s arm.

Gerald: I’m sorry Kimmy. But we should go to our room. I would explain everything there.

Kim: You better explain everything Anderson! I’m really getting confused here.

Gerald led Kim to the elevator and there he started explaining since they are the only ones inside.

Kim: You better start explaining.

Gerald: You shouldn’t have reacted like that Kimmy, it was embarrassing. Everyone was looking at us.

Kim: Sorry, but I was just really shocked hearing that we would be staying at the penthouse given the fact that staying at a regular room would already cost a lot what more if we would stay at the penthouse. I am just concerned about you because you are the one paying. I don’t want you to be broke just because of this vacation.

Gerald: Thanks for your concern Kimmy. (hugs Kim then broke out from the hug) But you don’t need to worry. I have everything under control ok? I won’t be broke. I just want you to enjoy and feel comfortable while we are at our vacation.

Kim: How were you able to afford such an expensive room?

Gerald: I’ll tell you in the room ok? It looks like it is the time for you to know more about me. Not as Ge, but as Gerald Anderson. (Gerald touches Kim’s cheeks) I’ll tell you everything.

The elevator door opened and Kim was again amazed with what she is seeing.

Gerald: Close your mouth Kimmy. You’re drooling already. (laughs)

Kim: YAH! I am so not drooling!

Gerald: Fine fine! (hands raised up as a sign of surrendering) Just go inside the second door to you right from the living room. That would be your room. Your things are already there as well. You can change your clothes if you want there is a bathroom inside. After you finish just go to the dining area ok? I’ll tell you everything there over dinner.

Kim just followed Gerald’s instructions. After changing into her more comfortable clothes she went to the dining are to find a lot of food on the table and Gerald sitting waiting for her.

When Gerald saw Kim enter the dining area, he stood up to pull her chair as a gentleman should. After that, he went back to his seat. They stared at each other in silence for a while when Kim decided to break the silence.

Kim: So? Who are you really Gerald Anderson? Would you mind telling me your story?

Gerald: Kimmy. First of all don’t be too formal. Second, I want you to listen to everything I have to say and let me finish my story before you say anything. I know you and your endless side remarks, so don’t do that ok?

Kim just nodded.

Gerald: I can afford this expensive penthouse because I don’t have to pay anything to stay here.

Kim: H-o…

Kim was cut off by Gerald before she can even say a word.

Gerald: Kimmy. I told you to just listen. Ok, back to what I was saying. I don’t need to pay a single cent. You may be wondering why, so as an answer, that is because my family owns this hotel.

Kim: (O____________O)

Gerald: This is not the only hotel that we own. We also have other hotels all over the Philippines and the whole world. We also have other businesses like malls, publishing companies, restaurants, and others which I am not aware of. You might be thinking right now that I am extremely rich. Well, you are right, I am rich. As the only child of the owner of RJA group of companies well I can have anything I want. But, please Kimmy. Don’t let this fact change the way you interact with me. I don’t want that to happen. I don’t want others treating me differently just because of my family’s wealth. I’m sorry if I hid this from you. Please understand. (_ _)

Kim was still shocked from what she learned about Gerald. But she can’t help but say something especially because she can see how sorry Gerald looks like.

So, she waved her hands and pointing as if asking if she can talk.

When Gerald saw this she was puzzled at what Kim was trying to say at first, but when he got it he told Kim that she can speak.

Kim: I can talk right?

Gerald: Yeah sure. (laughing a little)

Kim: So you own this VERY expensive looking hotel and other businesses. You are very rich. You are the only heir of the world renowned RJA group of companies. And you kept this information from me?!

Gerald: Well, correction, “I” don’t own this hotel and other businesses, my family does. And again, I am really, really sorry for hiding this from you.

Kim: (talking to herself) WOW! I have a very rich bestfriend. My bestfriend is the heir of a big company. JUST WOW!

Gerald: Hey Kimmy! You are doing it again! Stop talking to yourself ok!

Kim got back to her senses.

Kim: I’m sorry, it’s just that my brain is still processing the information that you just said to me. Can I ask a question Ge?

Gerald: Ok, what is it?

Kim: If you are rich and your family owns a lot of businesses in and out of the country, why are living here? In the Philippines I mean. I’m sure your parents are based in another country right.

Gerald: I am living alone here in the Philippines. The only ones I am with at the house are the maids and Mang Cardo, but he stays at his house so that leaves the maids and I in the house. I don’t want to live in another country that is why I stay here in the Philippines.

Kim: ahhh, I see. That must be the reason why no one attends the PTA meetings for you and why I haven’t got to know your parents yet. Another question, why are you studying at our school? It looks like you can afford to go to exclusive and famous schools.

Gerald: My mother is an alumnus of our school, so they wanted me to study there as well. (looking at Kim) And I have my own reasons to study there.

Kim: Ahhhh, ok I get it.

Gerald: Kim, please don’t let this change anything. I am still Ge, you bestfriend.

Kim: (^___^) don’t worry Ge. This wouldn’t change anything. Except the fact that I would surely ask you to treat me more! (laughs)

Gerald: (laughs) Well, it feels good to know that you still see me the same way.

Kim: Of course nothing will change. I am your bestfriend after all. (^__^)

Gerald got up from his seat and went to Kim to hug her. Kim hugged him back.

weeee... made another 2 chapters for you guys! XD 

Ano kayang mangyayari sa bakasyong grande ng KIMMY at GE? XD