A Second Chance?

Fated To Love

   His eyes icy, his voice cold, he finally replied.

"What can I do for you Miss?" 

Looking up in surprise, she felt her heart stop beating.

Maybe it was because he was hurt or maybe becuase of his ego. Whatever the reason was,  all of a sudden he felt like he was tired of being played with.

His icy eyes staring into hers were making a hole. She felt uncomfortable, knowing that it was her fault which is why she quickly looked down. She thought he might be mad after all that has happened.. But this.. For some reason, she didn't expect.

"I.I.. Think we need to talk.." She replied shyly.

"Talk? What is there to talk about?" He asked uninterested, leaning against his door.

The truth was, his heart was beating out of his chest... But he knew better but to listen to it. This time, he was going to decide with his mind instead of his feelings. Or at least, he was trying to..

"Min Ho-ssi, we really need to talk... I..I.. Really need your help.." She finally dared to look up.

His expression unreadable, he stared at her, not moving. 

Little did she know how many thoughts were going through his head all at once. Help? Is everything alright? Is she ok? What has happened? Why must she ask me for help? It must be something really bad! What should I do?  Should I? No! I can't! Not after being humiliated like that! But.. I can't just walk away..

Finally looking at her pleading eyes, he decided.

"Help? Why should I help you???" He couldn't help but say bitterly. "I don't even know you! Why should I help you?" He raised his voice.

"But that I.." She started.

"I DON'T CARE!"He yelled.

Looking at him, scared and surprised out of her mind, she didn't know why she suddenly felt hurt. I told you that you shouldn't have came..

Closing his eyes, he breathed deep several times before opening his eyes again. Looking at her scared yet hurt face, he sighed. 

"You said that you can't trust me.." He started, this time with a calm voice.

".. You begged me to leave you alone.." He continued, now his voice a bit unsteady.

"..and you said that you will never forgive me.." He said bitterly yet softly.

Looking at him, she felt guiltier by the second. She never knew that she had hurted him this bad.. 

".. And I want to obey you. So please.. Now.. I beg you.. Don't make this harder than it already is." His voice now turning to a whisper, he finished painfully, looking down.

Looking at him with teary eyes, she nodded. Despite of the fact that she needed his help desperately, she knew better but to be selfish.

Without another glance, he closed the door, his hands shaking. For the first time ever since last week, he felt a tear running down his cheek. Eyes closed, he hung tight on the doorknob, trying to stop himself from going any farther. He couldn't. Not when he had made her turn away.

Biting his lower lip, he knew that this might be his only chance. Opening his eyes at once, he looked at the door. Here it goes.

Opening the door without hesitating, he looked around and found her walking slowly down his garden, towards the road.

Walking towards her, his feet got faster by the moment. 

"Min Jee-ssi!" He shouted.

Stoping dead in her track, her eyes went wide. Turning back slowly, she looked at him confused.

Taking a few more steps towards her, he studied her tear stained face.

"Min Ho-ssi.. I'll get going now." She whispered hurriedly.

"No." He said before she could turn back, his voice strong and determined. "You said you wanted help."

"And you said.." 

"Forget what I said." He cut her off calmly. "I changed my mind."