Past #5

Fated To Love

He didn't talk. He didn't laugh. He didn't cry. He didn't complain. His face looked calm. His heart frozen. 

That is how he had been ever since last week. He made no attempts to start a conversation as he didn't to cry. Tears just didn't come. He didn't make sense of what was happening to him. He didn't know why he had to battle with himself inside. 

He just didn't know anything.

This was how he had been, staring down at his food, now eating even less than before. 

His awkward relationship with his manager just didn't make things easier either. He knew something Min Ho didn't know. But he didn't try to ask. Why? He had no idea.

At some point, he had told himself that there are a lot of things he didn't  know about. He had only thought of it as being scary. Nothing more, nothing less. 

This was how he spent his free time, sitting in his hiding spot somewhere in a cafe, staring out of the window. Not going to his mom's, not spending it with his super worried friends, and not definitely spending it with his manager.. No. He spent it all by himself, thinking of how pathetic his life is.

Gripping the cup of coffee tightly, he closed his eyes. Some dangerous thought were crossing his mind. But he couldn't.

The only thing that had the power to make his chest heavy was the thought of Min Hee, probably sitting in her hospital bed thinking why her oppa has not called her for more than a week; why her oppa had left on her last birthday. He hated himself for missing the last days she had left; for not being able to tell her how he had loved her as his own daughter that he will probably never have.  "I can't think of suicide." He thought to himself.

"Damn right you can't!"

Startled, he opened his eyes and looked to his left side. The owner of the cafe was standing next to him. She was old, probably about her sixties. In this cafe, only old people came. It was quite, peaceful, the atmosphere was friendly and simple; only designed with simple brown and tan items and plants. That's why he came; because they let him be.

"Did I say that outloud?" He asked.

Sitting in front of him, she sighed.

"Don't even think about that word again. A guy, as handsome and talented as you with his dream job as his career shouldn't even know the meaning." She said softly.

Something about the way she talked rubbed him the wrong way. 

"I have realized that a good look and tons of money is not all life is about." He replied expressionless.

"Give life a chance. Give your heart a chance. Just because things don't go well with her, it doesn't mean that it is the end."

Confused, he looked up.

"How..?"

"This is how my son looked when he fell in love but unfortunately things went bad. He didn't give up though. You shouldn't either. Now he is living with the love of his life." She smiled.

Looking down again, he wondered whether she was right. Just because she broke his heart and said that she was only using him didn't mean that she meant it!

Of course, that thought was forgotten moments  later when he thought to himself that lying to his feeling won't definitely help if not make things worst. He was suddenly interrupted by her wrinkled hands, touching his.

"Don't give up honey. You probably have a lot of people around you who are dead worried but I'm here to talk if you needed to. I know you can go through with this." She smiled.

Something about the fact that she didn't tell him to visit a doctor or tell him that the way he is acting is silly felt heartwarming to him.

"I will." He smiled for the first time in a while.

That didn't last long because the sound of his phone ringing wiped the smile off his face immediately. He knew that it was the time to face the consequences.